Roleplay Forums | Map

Two quarters and a dime
[continuation] Late autumn, with Rocco, sniffing out Shade, or trying to

Name Player
Nomad Rangers Jeames
Achievements (?)
1year 2mos 6mos 100ooc 500ooc helper profile tumblr welcomeguide

They had gone east, towards the hills. But so far, it didn’t look like the hills. Nomad realized he had not yet been up here in this part. He guessed the hills were more east. As soon as they reached the lake or got close to it… he guessed they would be on the right track.

Nomad sniffed, but there was no scent of Shade around here… this was a mess. He had no idea where Shade could be, where he was supposed to go. This really was all such a mess. Nomad did not have high hopes of finding Shade. He let out a little sigh, feeling that pit in his stomach again, and looked towards Rocco.

’’I don’t smell him…’’ he mumbled, disappointed in himself. He was quiet for a little bit, sniffing some more, looking around. But nothing. Nothing but fields. Grasses, in the distance trees. Hmmm…

’’You went to talk to… that guy, right? How did that go?’’ Nomad asked her, curious. If she did not want to talk about it, of course she did not have to. But he was asking to show he had interest in her life, and was showing support if she needed it? And maybe… he was looking a bit for a distraction.

May 16, 2018 03:39 PM

[ ignore ]
[ Edited: May 17, 2018 12:36 PM by Nomad ]
Name Player
Rocco Balboa Slash-GNR
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Rocco was only site seeing. She had no idea what this Shade guy smelt like… So she just waited until Nomad had something to report. His voice rung in her large ears.

Shade was not around this part. A frown came across her lips as she padded to the side of Nomas. She probably looked like a pup compared to him.

“Hey… We will find him. It’s out first area we covered… Lots more to go” she tried to cheer him up with a little hip bump.

His questioned formed a frown. “Didnt go like I planned. Maybe I should just move on” she replied.

May 16, 2018 03:57 PM — Post #1

[ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
Name Player
Nomad Rangers Jeames
Achievements (?)

’’Yeah, I guess.’’ Nomad said. Rocco was right, they still had so much further to travel, so many more places to look. Nomad realized he was just impatient. But, who wouldn’t be impatient in a situation like this.

Rocco said it had not gone as planned, her meeting with her ex mate, and Nomad frowned a little. ’’It will be fine… I’m sure you’re a strong wolf. Maybe you two just weren’t meant to be together…?’’ Nomad said, trying to be positive and supportive, but he was not feeling right.

Not meant to be together, like Nomad and Shade? Nomad sighed once. ’’I guess we will have to keep sniffing…’’ he told her, and went back to trying to track down Shade. Even though he could not find a scent. Huh… how was he going to ever find Shade like this?

May 16, 2018 04:02 PM — Post #2

Name Player
Rocco Balboa Slash-GNR
Achievements (?)
None yet!

“You are right” she replied as her lips turned up in a smile. However… She felt didnt feel great. Rocco wiggled her nose in thought. Maybe their relationship was just a lesson for Rocco. Perhaps it was the world trying to make her smarter about her relationships.

“So… You got a family or something?” she asked trying to keep his mind off of Shade. However… Rocco felt her words were cringy.

May 16, 2018 04:10 PM — Post #3

Name Player
Nomad Rangers Jeames
Achievements (?)

She thought he was right? Oh, well, he had just said something to try and make her feel better, hopefully, but it looked like she actually agreed with him. Odd, because Nomad did not really deem his advice important. He often did not even believe himself… At least, not anymore. Everything would be fine, he always told himself. Would it really?

Rocco asked about his family, and Nomad’s ear flicked. ’’I have an adoptive brother, Bucky. And I live with the Rangers at the coast.’’ he told her. That was all the family he had. Nomad did not consider his biological family- family anymore. It was just him and Bucky now. And everyone who joined the Rangers. ’’What about you?’’
It was only polite to return the question, after all. To let them know you showed interest.

May 16, 2018 04:19 PM — Post #4

Name Player
Rocco Balboa Slash-GNR
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Rocco nodded in acknowledgment. A nervous chuckle escaped her lips. “Well… I had a mate… Then we broke up” she said. “I wanted a family… But that didnt happen as you already guessed” she chuckled lightly.

May 16, 2018 04:38 PM — Post #5

Name Player
Nomad Rangers Jeames
Achievements (?)

Nomad smiled sheepishly at her answer. ’’Well- I guess you got a mate once- that’s at least an accomplishment.’’ he told her. His tail swayed shyly. He wasn’t sure if that was the right thing to say. He had the feeling he was only sounding stupid and making things worse…

’’Never had a mate in my life.’’ he told her. At first, he had been content with that. He had not even thought about it. Just Bucky and him. Always. But then Bucky got Saskia, and Nomad had started to wonder. ’’Maybe I’m too childish.’’ he added, and huffed softly. Yeah, he probably was way too childish. No one liked childish males. They all wanted big and strong ones. Brave ones. Nomad was big but… he wasn’t the other things. He wasn’t grown up, either. At least, he didn’t feel like he was.

’’I uh- I’m easily excitable? I know, not right now but… when I’m in a better mood.’’
Yeah…

May 16, 2018 04:43 PM — Post #6

Name Player
Rocco Balboa Slash-GNR
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Rocco felt a smile form on her face. He was sweet. Even though losing a mate was not looked well upon… He still tried to make her feel better.

“I would rather keep one forever… But thank you” she replied gently. Her eyes grew large and laughter roared out of her. “What? Childish wolves are the best! I personally am tired of all the serious wolves. They dont know how to relax… Makes me on edge” she noted aloud.

“Plus i woukdnt know why you wouldnt have a mate by now… You are very sweet and handsome” she complimented. It was true and she felt her pelt heat up slightly.

“Well if im enjoying your company now… I cant wait till you are in a better mood” she ended as she looked up at him.

May 16, 2018 05:27 PM — Post #7

Name Player
Nomad Rangers Jeames
Achievements (?)

She was… very kind. Maybe too kind. Childish wolves were the best, huh? Really? Nomad didn’t feel that was right… but, he guessed he knew how to relax. Huh. This was the first time someone told him not to be serious. Or to grow up. Well, the second one, because Bucky had been the first. ’’Really?’’ he asked, a little confused. He could not really process this.

Rocco went on to compliment him, and Nomad felt his face heat up. He had never been good at accepting compliments, and certainly not compliments like these. It made him feel a little weird. It was the situation with Neomiizana all over again, sort of. Huh, Nomad wondered how that girl was doing.

’’Uh… thanks?’’ he mumbled. Nomad did not think himself handsome. Well, maybe Shade had thought he was? Hmmm…
How was Rocco so kind to him? And why? Was he supposed to return compliments? Fghfkhftuhngvk he was not good at this!

’’You uh- you have pretty fur.’’ Good enough?? Nomad had always been way too shy.
He knew he had to grow up for once and become bolder, but… it was hard. ’’And eyes.’’ Ugh, he was so bad at complimenting. No wonder no one really liked him.

May 16, 2018 05:36 PM — Post #8

Name Player
Rocco Balboa Slash-GNR
Achievements (?)
None yet!

The woman nodded. Did he really belittle himself so much? Nomad really was a great guy from what she saw so far.

They continued to walk in silence and Rocco thought she had went to far with her compliment. However… The man fumbled through his words and formed compliments of his own.

Amber eyes peered up at him as her smiled turned sheepish. Heat rushed to her cheeks. “Thank you” she replied. What else could she say?

May 16, 2018 06:13 PM — Post #9

Name Player
Nomad Rangers Jeames
Achievements (?)

Well, this was both awkward and embarrassing, and now they both were feeling weird. Even though Rocco thanked him, Nomad had a feeling it was a bit uncomfortable for the both of them. Maybe a subject change was better. ’’I doubt we can find him here… we should move on to the lake, and the hills.’’ he told Rocco. Of course he had to change the subject to Shade… Nomad sighed.

Well, now he just felt weirder. And worse. Not only did he feel strange receiving and giving compliments, he worried about Shade again, the reason why he was out here in the first place. Was there really nothing fun to do around here? Something that could take their mind off of things? Something that would make Nomad excited? Really, nothing at all?

Awkward.

May 16, 2018 06:21 PM — Post #10

Name Player
Rocco Balboa Slash-GNR
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Rocco bit her lip as silence came over them again. The flirty words seemed to leave both of them in a weird place. Maybe they both just sucked at it? Rocco wanted to go with that theory. It was better than the compliments being deemed bad.

“Oh yeah… Sure” she said with a half hearted smile. Rocco then got an idea to cheer Nomas up.

The woman reached up a paw and tapped him on the shoulder. “Tag youre it!” she yelled as she leaped in front of him in a playful bow… Her rump moving with her tail and she looked up at the giant.

May 16, 2018 06:36 PM — Post #11

Name Player
Nomad Rangers Jeames
Achievements (?)

Rocco easily agreed, and thus Nomad set out with the idea to go to the lake. Just to pinpoint their location, and then head south to the hills. He hadn’t been in the hills for a while… Lost in thought, he walked, still sniffing. His mind was lost, but yet it still knew what certain scents smelled like. He smelled all kinds of things, even though he did not really respond to it. Scents would never go forgotten.

Suddenly- tag? Rocco had tagged him, and was now inviting him to play. Did she really want to play with him, right now? Nomad was a little confused at first, but realized a few seconds later this might be the distraction he needed and wanted. A good game of tag, he hadn’t played that in a long looooong time. His tail swayed, ears perking. She was taunting him, huh?

Well, Nomad was up for a game. ’’You will regret tagging me!’’ he beamed, a grin threatening to appear on his face. This boy was ready for action. Some good, fun action. He ran towards Rocco, barking. Childish kid mode activated. It was like his brain had a switch.

May 16, 2018 06:45 PM — Post #12

Name Player
Rocco Balboa Slash-GNR
Achievements (?)
None yet!

A grin formed across her face as the man accepted her dare. “Oh reallly?” she said with a raised brow. The woman then pranced away as she stuck her tongue out at Nomad.

“You cant catch me!” she barked. Her tail continued to wag rapidly as her tongue lapped at her nose as she panted.

May 16, 2018 08:15 PM — Post #13

Name Player
Nomad Rangers Jeames
Achievements (?)

Rocco was playful. Nomad had not really expected that. But, she was kind, and she had told him she liked childish wolves. Maybe because she wanted to play games, like they were doing right now? Nomad knew one thing for sure; Rocco was not judging him for his weird child-like antics. Which was good. He liked that. And she made it so easy for him to like her. Being kind to him, wanting to play with him. It made Nomad feel a bit better. Shade was forgotten, for a moment.

Nomad grinned at her taunting. Oh yes, yes he would catch her! The big mass of bulking fluff and muscles chased after the small female, tail wagging behind him, excitedly. He loved feeling like this. He loved being happy. Why couldn’t he always feel happy? Why did the world have so much shit in it?

May 17, 2018 02:26 AM — Post #14

Name Player
Rocco Balboa Slash-GNR
Achievements (?)
None yet!

The grey beast took the bait. He readily chased her through the field. Rocco let out a few enthusiastic barks as she leaped over the tall grass. Her tail flagged out behind her.

Amber eyes glanced back to see Nomad nearing. Rocco had forgotten he could cover more land than her because of his size. Oh no. The woman turned back around and tried to pick up the pace. She even began to zig zag.

May 17, 2018 07:20 AM — Post #15

Showing page 1 of 2.

Please log in or register to reply to this thread.