Roleplay Forums | Map

My brain is a jumbled jungle
Late autumn, nearing early afternoon

Name Player
Nomad Rangers Jeames
Achievements (?)
1year 2mos 6mos 100ooc 500ooc helper profile tumblr welcomeguide

Nomad needed some time away from Rocco. The moment he woke up from his sleep, he had ventured out for a bit, going a bit more north. He really wanted to take his mind off of things, he needed time to think. Apparently he liked someone? So soon? And worst of all, it was Rocco, his traveling partner. Nomad still did not even understand himself.

He had ventured a little north, and had discovered an area he had not yet been across. A forest attached to the lake, and it was almost as thick as the Glen, with tangled roots. There was light fog, and Nomad sniffed to find his way around everything.

It was a pretty place, a little dark and scary but… it didn’t look like anyone had been here in a while. It was a place of solace. A place where he could think for a bit. He settled down, and curled his tail around him awkwardly. Staring at the ferns that surrounded him, he tried to come up with the beat plan of action; what to do about his situation with Rocco.

May 24, 2018 04:04 AM

[ ignore ]
Eliseo is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Eliseo Mekani

Eliseo was still not sure where to go and what to do. He thought of investigating more packs, but he didn’t know which ones. There were practically packs in every direction. Besides, while it was hard to tell, he still got the feeling that the packs in this valley were all too soft, too weak, too boring. Maybe he should search outside the valley to find something interesting, something entertaining.

Still generally wandering in circles, he had at least tried to go somewhere he hadn’t been before, and ended up near a lake, though there didn’t seem to be many wolves around here. He thought this small forested area might be a good place to be alone and think.

But something was bothering him about it. It took a minute to even figure out what it was, but there was… a scent. Just a normal wolf scent, it shouldn’t be anything remarkable, but it seemed familiar somehow. It reminded him of something… something long ago. Things he didn’t want to remember. It couldn’t be…

But whoever it was, their scent was making him angry. How dare they smell like his past. He couldn’t stop a low growl from rumbling as he tracked and rustled through the ferns and brush, getting closer. He had to see who it was, even if it was just some random wolf that he could beat up for reminding him of things.

May 24, 2018 05:06 AM — Post #1

[ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
Name Player
Nomad Rangers Jeames
Achievements (?)

It was quiet here, and that’s what he needed right now; silence. A moment to think. As he sat there, he tried to organize his thoughts. so- he liked someone. That did not mean it was exactly love, right? It was just… a crush? Yeah, a crush. Maybe. Was this even a crush? Maybe Rocco was right and he should talk to Bucky about this but- Bucky was far away, at home. And here was Nomad out into the middle of nowhere thinking over his life and panicking.

So. A crush. Okay. That was one thing… Now, what was he gonna do about it? He did not eve know if Rocco felt the same way. Sure she was kind to him and complimented him but did that mean anything? Probably not. He should not focus on it too much, he guessed. Maybe he had to forget about it for a moment, and pretend he did not feel this way, at all. Pretend he was fine, like he often did. Yeah.

A scent hit him, and it was… vaguely familiar? What the- His head turned, and he looked around him. He wondered if he should call out, but at the same time he was uncertain. Blue eyes searched for the other wolf. Who was this…?

May 24, 2018 06:09 AM — Post #2

Name Player
Eliseo Mekani

Eliseo continued on, and the scent brought back more and more memories, in that strange way that scents do, and he felt more sure that it was… ... but it couldn’t be. Finally, he saw the male. A large grey male, reminded him a little of his father… or himself… or… But there were lots of large grey males around, right? A sick feeling was starting to creep in.

“Hey,” he barked for attention, slowly stepping closer. “Who are you?” he demanded. Because it couldn’t be his brother. Though it wouldn’t do any good to ask who he was, since his brother never had a name anyway. But it couldn’t be. It was just someone who infuriatingly reminded him of him. But his brother had to be dead. There was no way the weak runt could survive alone and grow up to be big and strong. Nope. No way.

May 25, 2018 01:36 AM — Post #3

Name Player
Nomad Rangers Jeames
Achievements (?)

There was a bark, a loud voice, rumbling. Nomad finally spotted the other wolf he had smelled. Very large, bigger than Nomad. Grey coat, blue eyes- that scent, it was… familiar. And it was a scary thought. This was- this couldn’t be- Nomad did not know what to do.
Should he ask for his name? Should he give his own? Should he pretend he did not recognize the scent, and play dumb? Did the other wolf recognize his scent? Was this really-

’’I’m Nomad.’’ the male responded, eyes on the stranger-not-so-stranger. This was confusing and scary. His brother would not know his name, because the male never had a name in the first place. He had named himself after being abandoned. If this was Eliseo… he wouldn’t know.

Nomad hoped it wasn’t him. But he was too afraid to ask. He just blinked in confusion, and tried to keep his nerves under control.

May 25, 2018 01:53 AM — Post #4

Name Player
Eliseo Mekani

Nomad was a dumb name. Eliseo might have pointed out how dumb it was, if this was a normal day with a normal stranger, but he had to get to the bottom of this. If there was a reason that this wolf smelled like his past, he had to figure it out.

He studied this wolf more carefully. This Nomad was like a better-looking version of himself. Blue eyes… even the eyes were the same. Even if it had been years… Gosh, did he look a lot like his brother, only bigger and healthier and… alive.

“Does the name Eliseo mean anything to you?” He narrowed his eyes suspiciously. What if it was him? Would his brother even remember him? What would he do? What would Eliseo do? How could this be…

May 25, 2018 02:49 AM — Post #5

Name Player
Nomad Rangers Jeames
Achievements (?)

FUCK. He asked. He spoke the name Nomad was so afraid to hear. Eliseo; his brother was here. This was his brother! No! Nononono… that was not a good sign, was it? Was it? ’’I-’’ he began, staring at Eliseo wide eyed. He could not… find his words. Not for a moment. But, it had been years ago. They had been kids. Eliseo was better now, no? He could be… a better wolf. Nomad sucked it up, his fears. For now.

’’It’s you.’’ he commented, though he did not sound too happy. His eyes were focused on the male who was his biological brother. The fact he was here in this valley… what the hell? Nomad was so confused.

’’Mariella, mom and dad- are they here, too?’’ Or did Eliseo come here, all alone? ’’Why are you- here?’’ Why the hell…?

May 25, 2018 02:58 AM — Post #6

Name Player
Eliseo Mekani

It… was actually him. It was him. Why? How? Eliseo didn’t want to believe this. He didn’t know if he was more shocked or angry. If the useless runt had to still be alive, why did they have to run into each other? What were the odds of that happening? He didn’t… know what to think. It took a while before he was able to speak either, and he shook his head slowly.

“No, just me. I left them behind.” Because… because he was strong enough to survive on his own, and he didn’t need them. “I should be asking you. Why are you here? Why are you even alive?” A hint of disgust was in his words.

He—Nomad or whatever his stupid name was now, had been sickly and weak, and they had abandoned him, left him alone… Sure, there was a chance that he could have lived, but who thought he actually would? They should have just killed him. It was Mom’s fault for wanting to give him a chance.

May 25, 2018 03:25 AM — Post #7

Name Player
Nomad Rangers Jeames
Achievements (?)

Of course Eliseo had left them behind, of course. The guy was just as confused to see him as Nomad was, in return. But the disgust in his voice made Nomad realize he was just as bad as he used to be, back then. A big brother who did not care, and who never would.
’’I came to this valley with the wolf who saved my life, and now we run a pack together.’’ Nomad told Eliseo, proud of his achievements. And this time, he did not feel ashamed or embarrassed to rub it in, although is voice remained casual and light.

What had Eliseo achieved? Just wandering the valleys until he got here? ’’I’m alive, but not thanks to you guys…’’ he mumbled, and sighed. ’’Good to see you’re just as nice as you used to be back then.’’ There was a hint of sarcasm in his voice.

For some reason, this guy stirred an anger inside Nomad.

May 25, 2018 03:31 AM — Post #8

Name Player
Eliseo Mekani

So… some wolf saved his life. Why did there always have to be stupid nice wolves like that, who had to help weaklings who were never meant to live? Wolves should only look out for themselves, or maybe other strong wolves in their strong packs because everything should be strong. Survival of the fittest.

And he was running a pack? Ridiculous. Although, Eliseo had to admit, his brother didn’t look weak like he used to. He never would have thought that the runt could grow up to be this big. It was… well… not that it intimidated him or anything, but… he would have preferred if his brother was still a pathetic sick little wolf who he could easily push around. But he was probably still weak on the inside. Probably still all nice and friendly and bleh.

And then. It seemed like Nomad was getting a bit of an attitude. Complaining about being left to die. Hmph. “Life isn’t about being nice. You should be glad we even gave you a chance. You should have died, if some idiot hadn’t saved you.” He was clearly getting annoyed. Normally he might teach wolves a lesson for getting sarcastic with him, but, uh. He didn’t feel like it yet. He would have felt like it if Nomad was smaller, though.

May 25, 2018 03:52 AM — Post #9

Name Player
Nomad Rangers Jeames
Achievements (?)

That. Dick. It was the first negative thing Nomad ever thought of someone. And of his own brother, nonetheless. ’’You have no heart.’’ Nomad grunted, eyes focused on Eliseo, staring. Judging him. This wolf had no heart. ’’I’m glad I was abandoned… I would have never found the happiness I have in my life, now.’’

Nomad did not want to admit he still felt rather uncertain about himself, that he sometimes questioned if he was good enough. But… so far wolves had looked out for him, so maybe he did deserve them. ’’Move on, brother, it’s best if we don’t see each other again.’’

His voice turned softer near the end, and he watched the male carefully.
To be honest he never wanted to see this face again.

Nomad had never felt angry before…

May 25, 2018 03:58 AM — Post #10

Name Player
Eliseo Mekani

Oh, how cute, Nomad made the best of being abandoned, and lived happily ever after. Sickening. And he said Eliseo had no heart like it was a bad thing. “I don’t need a heart,” he said with a brief devilish grin, but then it faded to a colder expression. He didn’t like that Nomad was telling him what to do, telling him to move on. This wasn’t finished. His mind raced as he tried to remember the other things that he had always wanted to say to his brother, that he never thought he would get the chance to.

“You don’t deserve happiness. Never did,” he said darkly. “Mom and Mariella always liked you better. Did you and your big heart ever think of what it was like for me, having to live up to all the pressure, being the one good son that Dad wanted, and still not being good enough?” Damn, he should have left that last bit out. He didn’t want to admit that he wasn’t good enough. But that was part of the reason why he had left.

He could barely remember how it all started. Maybe he had been the mean one to begin with, maybe he had brought it on himself. But he didn’t think his brother cared about him either. No one did. They had made him who he was. He was big and strong, and therefore he was the one who should have all the happiness and glory, but he didn’t.

He growled and stepped closer, still slowly. “Wouldn’t it be a shame if something were to happen to your handsome face? You always were the handsome one.” Eliseo had always been the jealous one. He was still trying to decide whether he should try to kill the guy and finish the job that should have been done long ago, or just rough him up a little, make him cry, prove who was still weak.

May 25, 2018 04:40 AM — Post #11

Name Player
Nomad Rangers Jeames
Achievements (?)

His brother was a massive dick, he was not even his brother, anymore. Nomad had a better brother. Nomad could stand this. He did not want to hear it. Eliseo was goddamn pity-partying over here. ’’You were loved, you were the best of all three of us. I was ridiculed, I was left for dead. Have you ever considered our parents might have been at fault here? Instead of always blaming everything on me? Why do you have to be like this? Even now?’’ Nomad muttered. He thought Eliseo would have at least grown up a little bit… but looked like the male had not learned anything, at all.

’’Don’t put this all on me, don’t pull that shit on me, Eliseo. You know I cared. We’re brothers. I always cared. But I never got any care in return.’’ Nomad was not taking this… Eliseo was angering him. And while Nomad still doubted- he was better now. Right? He did not have to take this shit anymore!

When Eliseo came closer and uttered that threat, Nomad’s ears pressed back, and he took a step away from his brother, eyes still on him. ’’Stay away from me.’’
Why the fuck Was his brother doing this to him? Even now? Eyes already sought for a way around him, a way out. Nomad did not want to fight his brother, he did not want to fight anyone. He would rather avoid it…

May 25, 2018 11:21 AM — Post #12

Name Player
Eliseo Mekani

No. No. Eliseo didn’t like what his brother was saying. He didn’t like it because… there was a small part of him that thought there might be some truth to it. Maybe everything wasn’t Nomad’s fault. Maybe someone had cared, once. Maybe having someone who cared was… not as worthless as it seemed. Maybe things would have gone better for Eliseo if he had been… more like his brother.

But he was too stubborn to ever admit any of that. He shook his head slowly. “You’re wrong.” Wrong about everything. He couldn’t find the words to explain why Nomad was wrong, but he was. His throat felt a bit tight. “Maybe our parents weren’t perfect either. But… but… You’re wrong.” That was the only thing he could possibly agree to. It might have been Dad’s fault too, for the way he treated… all of them. Eliseo felt conflicted about his father, because he had always looked up to him as the ideal wolf, but he was also kind of a huge jerk.

He didn’t want to think about all this. It was making him feel… weak. Of course, the best way to feel stronger was to pick on others. Nomad looked like he wanted to run, like he was scared. That was good. “Are you afraid?” Eliseo snarled. “You’re still weak. You’re a coward. How can you protect your pack if you’re a coward?” Hurting him with words could be effective too.

May 26, 2018 02:13 AM — Post #13

Name Player
Nomad Rangers Jeames
Achievements (?)

Dang it, he did not want to listen! ’’I’m not wrong, and you know it.’’ Nomad responded. Eliseo could be a better wolf, if he tried. Why did he go on bullying, trying to get fear out of Nomad? It was not right. ’’Listen to yourself, Eliseo. You and I both know our parents were not perfect. No one is. The perfect wolf does not exist.’’ They did not. If only Eliseo would listen to him, and stay back, and not threaten him anymore, not try to hurt him…

A sound rumbled in Nomad’s throat as Eliseo continued his antics. ’’I’m not a coward—I’m cautious. And there’s nothing wrong with that. You don’t always have to fight, Eliseo.’’ Please, just stop.

’’Wolves in this valley care about me, I’m needed here, finally. They can care about you too, if you give it a chance.’’ Although Eliseo had bullied him his whole youth, although the male angered him… Nomad did not like seeking enemies, and he wanted to try, to make things better. Only Eliseo had to respond to him, positively. ’’You don’t have to go around hurting other’s feelings. You can be accepted, for being kind, and helpful. Our parents aren’t here. They don’t have anything to say to us, anymore.’’

Please.

May 26, 2018 06:44 AM — Post #14

Rocco is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Rocco Balboa Slash-GNR

Rocco felt forgotten. She had spoken with the man by the lake, but the scent of Nomad that lead away always was in the back of her mind. The woman still was paranoid about abandonment. However, it didn’t make sense. Nomad was so kind and considerate… He wouldn’t just leave her, right?

Therefore, Rocco followed the scent into a new half of lake. It was thick with wiry plants, but her small build skunk through it quite easily.

As she neared, the scent of a stranger caught her off guard. Had Nomad gone off with someone else? Replaced her? Large ears flattened to the side of her head as a grey body was seen up ahead.

Who was that? Ears then perked as an argument seemed to be in play. Therefore, Rocco stayed back and moved slowly up… concerned for Nomad.

(In smelling distance and view… But can’t hear words)

May 26, 2018 10:02 AM — Post #15

Showing page 1 of 2.

Please log in or register to reply to this thread.