Roleplay Forums | Map

Housecall
[summons] After the meeting, calling Arashi

Name Player
Yuna Nami Chris Staff

((Was going to wait til the meeting progressed and we knew who was staying as members/guests/going but I don’t want to wait too long for Yuna to seek out Arashi so VAGUENESS))

Yuna was worried when Arashi hadn’t joined in the Tribe meeting and was sniffing her out now, anxiousness making her face slightly drawn. “Arashi?” She called, checking for her daughter in some of her favourite spots, and finally heading into the main caverns where her daughter stored her shell collection.

It wasn’t like her to hold back from a group, even if there had been a new wolf or two she hadn’t known. She hoped her own hesitance and shyness in the face of strangers wasn’t rubbing off on her middle child.

May 28, 2018 04:45 PM

[ ignore ]
Name Player
Arashi Nami Tara

((No worries!))

Arashi had heard all she needed to hear at the meeting, more wolves were leaving. Not just any wolf though, Pace was leaving them to figure things out for themselves. She understood the reason for it after all hadn’t she gone to look for her sister when she was missing? She hadn’t gone far because she wasn’t allowed but she’d still tried.

After she’d left the meeting she’d walked along the beach for a while before returning to the caverns.  She set to rearranging her shells to keep her mind off what she’d heard at the meeting. Arashi hadn’t heard her mother call for her so continued with her collection, her shells always seemed to help.

May 28, 2018 08:41 PM — Post #1

[ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
Name Player
Yuna Nami Chris Staff

Arashi didn’t call back, and worry was quick to bloom in Yuna’s chest. Especially after Kalea. She moved deeper into the cavern, and her nose told her Arashi was nearby, bringing a small sigh of relief. She couldn’t yet see her daughter given her dark coat, but she followed her nose.

“Arashi.” She called again, softer this time, closer. Her tail waved in greeting as she made out her daughter and her precious shells. “Your collection is going well I see.” She told her approvingly.

May 29, 2018 01:32 AM — Post #2

Name Player
Arashi Nami Tara

She wasn’t sure how many times she’d rearranged the shells in her collection but she’d finally ended up with an arrangement that looked nice. Arashi had arranged them so all of the same shapes were together, she’d been meaning to do something like that with them. Now she could see all of the ones she already had.

Her mother’s scent reached her first which gave her pause as she pushed the last shell into place with her nose. When she heard her name her head turned and a moment later Yuna appeared, Arashi smiled in greeting. At her mother’s comment she looked back to her shells, “It is, they just needed to be arranged properly,” she said as she looked back to Yuna.

May 29, 2018 08:02 PM — Post #3

Name Player
Yuna Nami Chris Staff

Yuna smiled at first her daughter, then looked down and smiled at the shells, but there was a distracted, worried look lingering in her mismatched eyes.

“Arashi, I didn’t come to talk to you about shells though. I was worried when you didn’t join in the meeting. Can you talk to me about what upset you?” She asked, sitting down and looking Arashi full in the face. She had to lift her chin just slightly - her middle child was taller than she was now.

May 30, 2018 07:13 AM — Post #4

Name Player
Arashi Nami Tara

She watched her mother not really sure what had brought her to the caverns, with the recent news she thought Yuna would be busy with pack stuff. Making sure the others didn’t panic, calming their fears since Pace was gone. She noticed the expression that her mother carried on her features after she’d looked at the shells. The pup couldn’t help but wonder if she had more bad news. Had she decided that it was time for their family to move on from the cove? Is that what had brought her?

Her head canted to the side as Yuna sat down while she spoke. It seemed this visit was about why she hadn’t stayed at the meeting. Arashi looked down at her paws not really sure how to articulate to her mother what she was feeling. After a moment she sighed before meeting her mother’s mismatched gaze with her own. “I don’t know,” she admitted, “It just feels like someone is always leaving the cove and there were all those new wolves and I just don’t know if this is home anymore.”

May 30, 2018 07:40 AM — Post #5

Name Player
Yuna Nami Chris Staff

Yuna reached out to nuzzle Arashi, her eyes widening, but understanding the sentiment. “Oh Stormcloud, this will always be your home.” She was sure of that, and it sounded strongly in her voice.

“You were born here. You grew up here, and I hope that it will stay your home, even if one day you do decide to travel and see the valley.” She told Arashi earnestly. It was her great fear that her daughters would inherit Tidus’s great wanderlust. She saw elements of it in all of them already.

“I know change is difficult. But you still have your family, and your friends here you know.” She reminded Arashi. Pace leaving had shaken her a lot more than she’d realized.

Yuna understood the feeling, though. The beach without Pace was… well.

It was a difficult notion to wrap her head around.

May 30, 2018 07:47 AM — Post #6

Name Player
Arashi Nami Tara

The dark pups eyes closed at her mother’s touch then reopened as she spoke about the cove always being her home. Arashi could tell that this was something Yuna believed in strongly but the question was did she? “How can it still be home if it doesn’t feel like it and how long will it be before everyone else leaves?”

She shook her head as Yuna spoke about her being born, “You left the place where you were born and grew up. Is that your home?” Her words about seeing the valley, traveling had been on the young girls mind a lot lately. Now she worried that if she left there would be nothing to come back to.  She had also thought about staying in the cove and ending up watching everyone leave until there wasn’t anything left of it.

Her eyes narrowed as her mother reminded her about friends and family. “Family, mum it feels like it’s just you, me and Mahalo. Where is Kalea? The last time I saw her she could barely look at me, where did my sister go?” Tears threatened to fall from her eyes as she spoke about her pale colored sister who she felt had left them too.

“Why can’t things he the way they were?” She said trying to control her voice.

May 30, 2018 08:32 AM — Post #7

Name Player
Yuna Nami Chris Staff

Words spilled from Arashi in a torrent, but Yuna knew she hadn’t yet learned to master her emotions, that things like this could all too easily feel overwhelming. She just crowded close to Arashi and let her speak, nuzzling at her face and finally licking under her eyes, knowing she was fighting tears.

“Oh Arashi, so often I wonder why things can’t just stay happy. I don’t have an answer to why they don’t, the stars alone know why some people behave the way they do. But as for your questions, some of them I can answer.

Home… home means never giving up on the wolves you love. Even when it seems hopeless, even when they leave and you can’t see them every day. I stopped thinking of the islands I was born as home years ago because even though the place was beautiful, the people weren’t. There was so little starlight in any of them, Arashi. This beach, this is home to me now. It’ll always be home to me, I promise you that.”

She took a deep breath before moving on to Kalea.

“Your sister is going through a rough time. And I’ve been trying to get her to turn to me, and to you and Mahalo, but instead she’s retreating. It’s… it’s not easy for me either Arashi. I wanted this family to stay together always, to be close and rely on one another. But I’m worried… I’m worried Kalea wants to leave. That she feels she has to face life alone, no matter how many times I tell her she has all of us.”

Though Yuna didn’t say it, Kalea leaving was not a fear she held only for her youngest daughter. 

May 31, 2018 08:36 AM — Post #8

Name Player
Arashi Nami Tara

Arashi hadn’t ever kept anything from her mother so when Yuna asked about her feelings toward the meeting she kind of spilled it all. Her mother as always was understanding coming in close.to her and nuzzling her as she spoke. She even tried to lick away her tears that threatened to fall. The smudge was fighting them because part of her felt like she was being stupid about the whole thing, well except for her sister.

Yuna was quick to try and reassure her and saying that she could answer some.of Arashi’s questions. As always she would listen to what her mother said leaning into her soft cream fur as she did so.

The young girl quickly found out that her mother didn’t see her birthplace as her home anymore and that the cove now was. She felt that made sense for her mother but did it for her?  But as her Yuna talked about what made a home she could see that it did but that didn’t change the way she felt. Arashi felt like so much had changed that it had changed not only the tribe but the way the beach felt when she walked along it. She’d tried ignoring it since they’d gotten back from visiting the rangers but it was slowly getting to a point she didn’t know if she could much longer.

Yuna then spoke of Kalea and how she was going through a rough time and that she was worried that her cream colored daughter would leave. Arashi moved away from her mother then, “She should leave if she thinks living alone is better for her. We’re supposed to be a family and if she can’t get past her own feelings long enough to see what she’s doing to the rest of us then maybe she should go. We can’t let her keep hurting us because she wants to be selfish,” Arashi said nearly shouting. She took a breath before meeting her mother’s mismatched gaze and spoke quieter, “You promised we would always be together.”

May 31, 2018 12:31 PM — Post #9

Name Player
Yuna Nami Chris Staff

Yuna was distressed when Arashi moved away from her, leaving a paw up in the air following her daughter’s progress as she moved a few paces away.

“Arashi, Arashi please.” She pleaded with her to calm down, going after her then but not going to nuzzle or touch her yet, affording her some space to breathe. “I know, I understand how you’re feeling. After everything we’ve gone through as a family I can’t even imagine being without any of you girls.” Tears caught in her throat and she dipped her head, trying to control them, trying with everything she had to hold herself together.

“I want us to be together, a family, all of us, Arashi. I need your help to make Kalea see that as well. I know it’s hurting you that she won’t talk to you, or to anybody. But please Stormcloud, don’t give up on your sister.” Even if Kalea seemed to have given up on them.

May 31, 2018 10:07 PM — Post #10

Name Player
Arashi Nami Tara

For a long time Arashi had been conflicted about her sister, whether she should stay in the cove. With everyone leaving and so many new wolves appearing she just wasn’t sure of anything. She hadn’t meant to say anything not wanting to bother anyone with so much going on. Then she hadn’t been able to contain it any longer when her mother spoke of her sister.

She’d moved away from Yuna but turned to face her as she heard the pleading in her mother’s voice. Arashi watched as she came toward her fully expecting Yuna to try and comfort her but she didn’t. Instead she spoke of understanding how she felt. The dark pup could hear the tears in her mother’s voice, she felt bad for upsetting her but she remained where she was. “I don’t want to go mum but what happens when Kalea does leave or Mahalo?” She said more softly, “The others who have come are they staying? And for how long? What do we do if they all leave?” What would happen to the tribe if there wasn’t anyone left.

Arashi shook her head, “I want that too but I can’t see that happening as long as Kalea is in the place that she’s in. I don’t know how I can help if I don’t understand what’s happening to her. She’s my sister and I won’t turn my back on her but what am I supposed to do if she wants nothing to do with me, with us?” Kalea hadn’t talked to her about what was going on leaving Arashi to feel like the situation was hopeless. If Kalea wouldn’t let them in they couldn’t force her.

Jun 03, 2018 11:45 AM — Post #11

Name Player
Yuna Nami Chris Staff

Yuna met the reflection of Arashi’s eyes, with a few more quick blinks trying to control her own tears, keep them back. “I don’t know, Arashi. All I can do is hope you girls all stay with me. That if you do ever ant to leave, that you want to come back.” She lowered her head, struggling to find the right words.

“I understand it’s hard, Arashi. All I’m asking is for you to be there for her - when she’s ready. She needs to know she still has a family, even when she’s forgotten that. Especially when she’s forgotten that.”

She took a deep breath and looked up again.

“I think… Kalea has a lot of your father in her. Tidus, he… he left all the time too. Sometimes just for a few days. Sometimes for a few weeks. He always had some excuse, usually that he got hurt. And I always forgave him of course because he never left to hurt me. Before he met me, he could go wherever he wanted, explore whatever type of land he wanted. But he tried to settle down when he met me… and I only see it now looking back, I never realized at the time, but maybe it never really worked.”

Jun 04, 2018 07:10 AM — Post #12

Name Player
Arashi Nami Tara

Arashi knew her mother well enough to know that she was upset, she didn’t like that it was her that had upset Yuna but she was closer to her mother than anyone else. If she was going to talk about these things with anyone it was going to be Yuna. “I can’t speak for my sister’s,” especially Kalea, “But I don’t want to leave you,” she said honestly before looking down at her paws, “If I ever did though I would come back. Your my mother, I couldn’t just abandon you.” This time Arashi did move closer to Yuna brushing her muzzle against her cheek.

Arashi was angry with Kalea for many reasons and it hurt that her cream coated sister didn’t seem to feel like she could trust her enough to talk to her. At the end of the day Kalea was still her sister. “You don’t have to worry mum I’ll be there for her she’s my sister and I hope one day she will remember we are family and that means we’re there for each other.” The dark pup wasn’t sure that Kalea wanted to be in their family any more after she seemed to have distanced herself from all of them.

Then Yuna shared something about her father that she hadn’t ever heard. She had always thought that her mother and father had made a life on the beach. Now she was finding out that Tidus had left her mum often and that Yuna thought it had never really worked. Her eyes narrowed a little, “What do you mean it never really worked? You said that you loved each other. How could he leave you all of the time if he loved you?”

Jun 07, 2018 07:03 AM — Post #13

Name Player
Yuna Nami Chris Staff

Yuna pressed her cheek against Arashi’s with obvious love, still sniffling faintly. Her dear daughter. She could never have put into words the amount of love she felt for them, the way it sustained her. Her eyes were definitely wet when they parted, but Yuna didn’t move back far. “Some day you might feel different about leaving - you might find somebody to love and move away, but you will always, always have a home here. With me.”

She could only hope as Arashi spoke about loyalty to Kalea and her remembering that as well - that Kalea would some day, understand the same thing.

Yuna’s ears went back when she sensed Arashi getting upset. “Tidus settling down never really worked. Even though he always came back, he usually left again after a while to explore somewhere new. But that didn’t mean he didn’t love me - he just liked to explore and see the world as well. Mated couples don’t spent every single day together.” She explained patiently, trying not to let dread creep in. 

Because of course eventually, she’d asked him to stick by her, and their pups, and he hadn’t had the chance.

Jun 08, 2018 06:38 AM — Post #14

Name Player
Arashi Nami Tara

The Nami girl let her mother snuggle against her cheek for a moment before they parted after which she licked Yuna’s muzzle to return the affection. She didn’t like that her mother was so upset or that she was the cause of it but she didn’t know how to make Yuna feel better. “You don’t have to worry about me mum. I don’t think that’s going to happen,” she said before bumping her mother’s chin with her nose hoping it would cheer her up.

Arashi had wanted to leave, go explore places and see the things she’d been told about. Those thoughts were gone now, she would remain in the cove for her family because they needed her.

The dark pup didn’t want to think that her father hadn’t loved her mother especially not when Yuna believed so fully in love. Things made a little more sense as her mother explained how her father was and she was sure to make sure Arashi knew that he’d loved Yuna. “Do you think he would have stayed home when we were born?” She asked with some uncertainty. She wanted to believe that he would have. That he loved her mum and her and her sisters that he would want to stay and be a good dad to them.

((Sorry this took so long.))

Jun 11, 2018 01:36 PM — Post #15

Showing page 1 of 2.

Please log in or register to reply to this thread.