Roleplay Forums | Map

Truth be told            
Calling Relic/Covenant wolves! | HY4 LA | SB

Scarce, Skippable

Name Player
Effie Quinn Staff
Achievements (?)
helper otm

Everything had worked out, just like Effie had hoped. She had managed to run down a hare for Clint and she had settled him in for a meal, should he choose to eat it. All that she needed now was to speak to the Covenant and she hoped Relic had made it back from his tasks. She had not ceased feeling ashamed for placing her mistakes on his shoulders, but she had been out of options. She could only hope the man would not hold it against her, or her pack.

She’d wasted little time trekking towards where she thought the Covenant might lay and eventually, she came upon a mountain housing a Basin - a plethora of wolf scent. This had to be it, then. she paused outside the rock walls of what the thought to be an entrance, careful to keep her paws outside. She would not make the mistake of crossing borders when she came seeking an Alliance.

Perhaps, if she had the time, she could make her way back across the mountains. She had been unable to speak to the Hellmaw child, and she felt responsible for them, in a way. She only hoped they were fairing well.

Exhaling, Effie tipped her head to the stars, letting loose a call. And then she waited, reclining back on her haunches while she did so.

May 30, 2018 07:20 PM

[ ignore ]
[ Edited: Jun 02, 2018 06:15 PM by Keld ]
Name Player
Relic Aureum Erin
Achievements (?)
1year 2mos 6mos 100posts 250posts otm profile

It had been a little bit since he’d last heard that voice. Even when she called out just then, it took Relic a few seconds to match a face with the tone. But once it clicked, he was headed out.

He hadn’t made it an urgent run, but he trotted along at a decent pace. There was more curiosity than anything else as to why Effie decided to trek up into the mountains to see them. His only guess was to ask how the situation with the Elliot pups had gone. Or perhaps there was a new piece of news regarding them she wanted to share. Thoughts soon clouded as he half-expected her to say they’d attempted to ransack their territory, though at the same time a small smirk crept up his face. He wasn’t sure he’d put it past the feisty pups to try.

Within minutes he was emerging from the trees. There was enough moonlight grabbing onto the lighter features of Effie’s coat for him to pinpoint her location, soon closing the distance between them.

“Effie,” he greeted with a smile and small dip of his head. Astred wasn’t home yet, but maybe that was a good thing. Relic wasn’t entirely sure what the Guardian thought of the Brotherhood or the Sanctuary wolves after the mishap. Relic himself certainly wasn’t impressed, but he wasn’t going to necessarily hold it against them, either.

“What brings you all the way up here?” Tone polite, but he was clearly puzzled. Coming to a stop, he tilted his head to the side curiously.

May 30, 2018 08:10 PM — Post #1

[ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
Stephan is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Stephan Magnusson Sam

Stephan was on his way out for a hunt. He was awake and lively, despite his sleeping pattern now shifting to become more nocturnal. It was his brain’s way of avoiding all the active and annoying wolves who lived during the day.

He was a bat. A wolverine wrestler. The infamous loch monster. Warden of the hills. Titles were so fun to him.

A call gathered his attention. He released a light bark in response. Was Stephan feeling friendly?

He should only live during the nighttime.

(Arriving next round.)

May 30, 2018 08:19 PM — Post #2

Scarce, Skippable

Name Player
Effie Quinn Staff
Achievements (?)
helper otm

Fortunately, she had little time to wait for Relic to arrive. She could hear him coming long before he appeared. There was something about the silence of the night that made all the other sounds around them more prominent, paw steps included. She offered a smile when the man approached, “Relic, It is good to see you,” She returned the small dip of his head with one of her own, tail tucking neatly up beside her paws now that he was here.

And then straight to the point - she didn’t mind it one bit. Moving things along quickly would allow her to return to Clint as soon as possible. She had hated leaving him behind, afraid he would decide he didn’t want to return with her. “I’ve come to seek your opinion on an Alliance between the Covenant and the Brotherhood, on behalf of Eyja - our leader.” She paused there, a bark announcing the arrival of another wolf. A curious gaze swung away from Relic, peering off into the darkness. She almost wondered if that might have been Astred, but it was much too masculine for the tall warrior.

Her eyes swung back to Relic, waiting.

May 30, 2018 08:29 PM — Post #3

[ Edited: May 30, 2018 08:35 PM by Effie ]
Bea is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Bea Rainy Staff

Bea’s ears twitched, alerted to the presence of a newcomer, and she raised her head from where she lay among the fallen leaves, a dark shape against flaming crimson and muted ocher. She was a light sleeper these days. A nighttime arrival was rare enough to rouse her interest, especially when answered by a voice she knew well.

She stood, stretching, and headed off at a graceful trot to attend the visitor.

// incomin’, next round

May 30, 2018 08:29 PM — Post #4

Name Player
Relic Aureum Erin
Achievements (?)

Relic returned the smile. If Effie had traveled all the way up the mountains to meet with the Covenant, it must be for something important.

Luckily, his question was answered near immediately. An alliance? Interesting how everybody seemed to want the Covenant as an ally these days.

The Lumen had no real reason to deny the request, but he was more interested to know if there was something behind the request itself. “Is something happening? Or is this generally speaking?” His tone was laced with mild concern. Was another potential war about to break out?

The bark that came just after didn’t even have Relic turning his head in that direction. He already knew who it was the second his voice hit the timber’s ears. “Seems like Stephan, my Second, will be joining us shortly.” He smirked.

May 30, 2018 08:49 PM — Post #5

Name Player
Stephan Magnusson Sam

Cupped ears caught Relic already introducing him before his arrival, much like an announcer would before the curtains revealed the star of the show. That was how it went in his head, at least. Relic could be playful, but he never had that sort of fantastical grandeur that Stephan had in his head.

Stephan approached, wide awake in a good mood (perhaps his time of the month had ended).

“Evening,” he greeted as he drew to a halt, despite just itching to go out and ravage some unfortunate creature.

May 30, 2018 09:18 PM — Post #6

Name Player
Bea Rainy Staff

Bea slowed as she reached the place where they had gathered, padding softly through the trees and taking in the scent of the newcomer. This was one she definitely didn’t know. She was so used to being the Old Wolf, seeing this female’s somewhat advanced age (despite the fact that she was totally rocking it) was interesting and welcome.

It seemed like Relic knew her, and Bea found herself near Stephan as he greeted. She dipped her head to add her own silent salutation.

May 30, 2018 09:26 PM — Post #7

Scarce, Skippable

Name Player
Effie Quinn Staff
Achievements (?)
helper otm

She offered a gentle shake of her head in response to his question, quick to try and soothe whatever worries might be rising. “Generally speaking. The Stormborn Alliance disbanded, and with them gone, we have lost a valuable Ally. It was brought up that the Covenant would be a fine choice to have aligned with us.”

But of course, only if you think our packs would mesh well together.” Relic knew, at least a little, that the Brotherhood was not afraid to defend, to kill, if they saw it fit. She was unsure of how much the pack he created might align with their values. “I can take word back to Eyja and Natasha if you think it worth discussing.”

My, she was gaining quite the audience, here. She hadn’t expected so many to come greet her. She didn’t mind it, not in the slightest, but she hoped they would not hinder her discussion with Relic. She turned her attention to the two wolves that joined moments apart, offering a smile, a dip of her head. “Good evening,” Effie returned, good eye taking in the two wolves momentarily. “I am Effie, of the Firewing Brotherhood.”

May 30, 2018 09:57 PM — Post #8

Name Player
Relic Aureum Erin
Achievements (?)

Effie spoke of the Alliance’s disbandment, something Relic was familiar with after his talks with Damien and Siberia. Though hearing someone recommended the Covenant as being a good choice of an ally, Relic’s ears pricked further. He wondered if it was Atlas who spoke those words, or perhaps someone else entirely. Relic grinned proudly.

“The Covenant consists of some very head-strong members,” he laughed to himself lightly. “But I don’t see why an alliance would be an issue at this point.” As long as the Brotherhood doesn’t continue to have the Covenant picking up their slack.

Just then Stephan made his presence known with a greeting, not that his scent didn’t already give him away, and Relic nodded to him in acknowledgement. Shortly after, Bea joined the group - much to Relic’s surprise. It was nice seeing her getting out and away from the cave and basin more now that the pups were growing quickly.

“Ah, this is Stephan and Bea. My two most trusted members here.” He smiled at them both in turn. “Effie has come to propose an alliance between the Brotherhood and the Covenant.” He wondered if Stephan would have any objections.

Jun 02, 2018 12:19 PM — Post #9

Name Player
Stephan Magnusson Sam

Stephan’s tail swayed at Relic’s praise. He studied the she-wolf before him. His eyes gave her blind one a quick glance, taking note of it. He gave Effie a nod when she introduced herself.

“Ah,” he said. Stephan didn’t know that much of the Brotherhood to have an impression. Only that they left a bunch of pups to be scared by the murder of their father. Messy, messy, messy. One that they decided to leave to the Covenant to sweep up.

Maybe he did have a tiny bit of an impression on them. Not enough for him to care all that much, though. It wasn’t as if Stephan had been the one cleaning.

However, he remained silent. He was a bit more inclined to stay, knowing that it was political business, but Relic ultimately had the say if they would be allies or not. The more the merrier, he thought. So long as they didn’t try to drag the Covenant into a war they needn’t be involved with.

The other packs did seem quite nosy about such matters.

Jun 02, 2018 04:04 PM — Post #10

Name Player
Bea Rainy Staff

Bea was interested to hear that Effie was asking for an alliance between the Brotherhood and the Covenant. It seemed like several packs were seeking alliances of late, and she took note of that with interest. What caused them to feel the need, she wondered?

“A pleasure, Effie,” she greeted, as Relic introduced both herself and Stephan. Steph, being Steph, had little to say- but Bea had questions.

“I hope you won’t mind my asking-” she began, looking at Relic as if to assure him she wasn’t trying to step on any toes, only trying to gather information.

“I know next to nothing of the Brotherhood, but should like to know a bit of their ideals. Every pack is different, of course, but allies should share some similarities as far as goals and standards.” Her tone was bright, conversational, and polite as she requested the information. It occurred to her that Relic might already know about the Brotherhood, but if Effie could relay more things about it, it couldn’t hurt.

Jun 03, 2018 01:01 PM — Post #11

Scarce, Skippable

Name Player
Effie Quinn Staff
Achievements (?)
helper otm

Effie could not help but let a smile tease at her lips at Relic’s comment, his laugh. She did not go so far as to let any laughter bubble up herself, but the smile remained. “The Brotherhood, as well,” her tail twitched in a small wag, about as much amusement as Effie ever displayed. “Eyja and Natasha will be pleased to hear that,” Effie replied.

When the two wolves settled near their leader, Effie turned a smile towards them. “A pleasure to meet you both.” The male had very little to say - and as Relic’s second, she couldn’t help but wonder what might be going through his mind. He didn’t seem inclined to give much of his thoughts on Relic’s announcement and she found that just a tad bit strange. Did his second not have any say in the matter? Or did he just not care? Effie was so used to Natasha’s opinionated personality - a second with little to say was unfamiliar.

The older woman, on the other hand, had questions. Perhaps she’d misheard? Perhaps the woman was the second and not the man? Effie brushed her concerns away, focusing on the words the woman spoke. “Of course not,” Effie accepted, “It is only natural we assure the suitability of an alliance. I am here in my packs stead because I had other business out here.”

As for the Brotherhood. I believe, first and foremost, the Brotherhood is a family. I am barely a long standing member, but that is what drew me, first. I remain, because the pack has become exactly that for me. When I joined, Lady Marzena told me that the brotherhood values loyalty, strength, and unity above all else.” It was a thing Effie thought most packs would value - at their core. You could not build a pack without them, besides. Effie paused, eyes turning to Relic momentarily. “As you may know, we are peaceful until pushed to action.” A reference to Elliot, only. Effie liked to think they were protectors of the Valley - riding this beautiful place of darkness like Elliot.

Jun 03, 2018 08:14 PM — Post #12

Name Player
Relic Aureum Erin
Achievements (?)

Relic hardly minded at all when Bea spoke up. The elder rarely left the basin and only gained information from those passing through - which, as of late, seemed to only consist of the Empire wolves and the Rangers. She was also much more wise than Relic and when there was a chance of her sharing insight he hadn’t thought of, he welcomed the chance to learn from her.

He nodded to her with a smile as she sought his gaze for reassurance. Relic wasn’t worried at all.

His gaze flitted back to Effie as she expanded on the Brotherhood’s morals and values. He’d hoped most packs would value these ideals, but then again there was the Kingdom - a pack who upheld those morals in a completely different way. A quite unfortunate way. It had Relic questioning whether Elliot’s former pack mates willingly stood by him despite his actions or if they were forced into it.

“So long as those values are used for good, then I agree wholeheartedly.” He smiled. “I will, of course, need to run the alliance by the rest of my members before it becomes official.” Just in case anybody had any objections, which the Lumen doubted at this point in time. But he never could guess what kind of information any member of his pack had. And he wasn’t about to assume the feelings of others.

Jun 04, 2018 11:42 AM — Post #13

Name Player
Bea Rainy Staff

// Sam asked for Steph to be skipped

Glad to see she hadn’t overstepped any boundaries in asking for a bit more about the Brotherhood, she listened with a benign smile on her face. Effie’s pack didn’t sound so different from what she knew to be Relic’s ideals of the Covenent, and she nodded with understanding through the explanation, letting Effie finish completely before adding her own response.

She caught the reference to the infamous Elliot- something she had been glad not to be involved with, though it was understandable that the Brotherhood, being geographically closer to the threat of the Kingdom, would have gotten involved. “Thank you, Effie. I imagine the packs may mesh well enough, given what you’ve said.”

She listened, nodding again, to Relic’s input- it was good to hear that he would take everyone’s opinion into account. She had one more question- more out of curiosity than anything. “How do your numbers stand, and what roles do your members occupy?” She was curious what the number of, say, healers, hunters, and warriors was- if that was even how the ranks in the Brotherhood worked.

Jun 04, 2018 08:14 PM — Post #14

Scarce, Skippable

Name Player
Effie Quinn Staff
Achievements (?)
helper otm

Effie could only dip her head at Relic’s comment, faint smile touching her lips. If the Brotherhood ever used those values for anything but good, she would not stick around. Killing another wolf was a terrible thing, but it had been done for the greater good, in the end. “Of course, I understand. Perhaps, we can arrange a meeting to give each other time to think it over. I would like to relay your thoughts to Eyja and Natasha, of course. You are familiar with the old Alliance territory, yes?” She did not know exactly where it was, but she hoped that would be as good a meeting spot as any. “Perhaps we can arrange to meet there?”

A moments pause before her gaze averted to the elder woman, nodding her head in acknowledgement. The woman requested a tally, it seemed, and Effie could only think of the new graves that had been dug since she had joined - frown pulling her lips down. “We are not as many as we were when I first joined, but we are trying to remain strong.” It had been hard, after Marzena - Even for Effie. “Most of us try and occupy several roles - we all try and learn an array of skills. Eyja and Natasha are our first and second - and then we have Brothers. It keeps things more simple, I think, without worrying over filling certain roles. We have leads, of course - but only my slot, healer, is occupied.”

She didn’t mind so much, revealing that the Brotherhood had been hurting a little. If they were going to be allies, it was best to be truthful. At least, she had managed to convince Clint to return - that was one less wolf they were missing.

Jun 04, 2018 09:21 PM — Post #15

Showing page 1 of 2.

Please log in or register to reply to this thread.