Roleplay Forums | Map

strike me with lightning and feed my corpse to the vultures
incoming to springs, looking for spring woofs // Light Rain · 51°F // h4 FA

Name Player
Igbo Black J
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Igbo made his way through the springs evident pathway. Lorenzo had wanted to speak with Nima before, and even though he passed the message, he was unsure if anything had come across then. Morwen, Lorenzo, and Tunglid. Were there others? How much had Kopec discussed? The little man’s face filled with spasms, tortured by his own circular thoughts. A breath of hot air trailed from his maw in a relaxing manner. Maybe it was time to start remedies for himself, he was not confident in such either.

An entire dilemma.

Shaking his fur briefly, he clambered up the side of a fallen tree and made his way down to the crystal clear springs, awaiting to see who may come.

Jun 03, 2018 02:00 PM

[ ignore ]
Name Player
Tunglid frá Norðri Madison
Achievements (?)
None yet!

The rain had become a curtain, veiling the activities of the hearts burning within.

Tunglið poised himself on the ledge outside of the springs. He reclined on his stomach, glacial eyes flickering between the trees as he sat observing the slopes. It was one thing to mark them regularly, but he felt it important to have eyes on the perimeter of their home as well. While his companions were sleeping, hunting, or patrolling, he remained to keep guard, unmoving and rigid.

The shadow had not gone unnoticed. Ears turned forward as Tunglið silently observed the male from afar, recognizing him, no doubt presuming he had come to speak to himself or Morwen. For now, he remained where he was, but he was ready to rise should the man come closer to the entrance of their domain.

Jun 03, 2018 02:40 PM — Post #1

[ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
Name Player
Igbo Black J
Achievements (?)
None yet!

As he made his way down the precariously wet slope, Igbo let himself slide, before giving a light jump at the end of the decline into a still upright position. The last time he had seen the brute was at Tychus’ grave. Igbo inhaled sharply, sorrowful memories shaded his amber orbs.

“Tunglid, was it?” He softly asked.

Jun 03, 2018 02:47 PM — Post #2

Name Player
Achievements (?)
None yet!

The dark male, with his body positioned halfway out the entrance of the springs next to cascades of steaming water, observed the other’s descent from the mountainside. Once close enough, Tunglið extended his limbs and stood, by no means intending to intimidate, though found himself dwarfing the newcomer all the same. His tail flicked idly behind him, but his posture was at ease.

This was one of the wolves included in the discussion shared between he and Morwen. Unlike Lorenzo, Tunglið had no desire to close himself away from the Hellmaw group, and so he poised himself with welcoming. As his name was spoken, he nodded, returning with a similar sentiment. “Igbo.”

The name had been spoken once, but he latched onto it with the voracity of a scholar thirsting for knowledge. Cool blue eyes latched unmoving to the man, shaded, but undoubtedly curious.

Jun 03, 2018 02:55 PM — Post #3

Name Player
Igbo Black J
Achievements (?)
None yet!

He could not remember if he himself had given Tunglid his name, or if Kopec had spoken it. Nevertheless, the little man steadily walked forward into a comfortable conversational distance. Tunglid appeared relaxed, but nerves sparked and riled him more than Igbo could confess to.

Genuinely,“Is it solely you and Morwen who now reside by the springs? I smell that Lorenzo has faded.”

Jun 03, 2018 03:00 PM — Post #4

Name Player
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Tunglið did his part to close the distance, taking two steps before leaving a comfortable aperture between them. He remained on his feet, regarding Igbo attentively. The question left a twitch in his ear.

“Lorenzo’s travels have taken him out of our reach,” he said, leaving the true answer vague. He didn’t know if Lorenzo intended to return to them. Or if he still even lived. “However, the springs see the passage of several acquaintances, and one other who resides with us.”

While he hadn’t seen them himself, he’d heard of the two wolves that Morwen had brought to the springs recently.

“What brings you here?” he added, voice even despite his intrigue.

Jun 03, 2018 03:23 PM — Post #5

Name Player
Igbo Black J
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Lorenzo’s travels.

It was a nice way to put it.

Nima had her travels, too. Igbo Black left it as such.

With care, he sat down, letting the other know that he had much to speak about, if he was willing to listen. Igbo had a degree of trust for the man.

“I am here to follow up on the words you spoke to Kopec, about merging those here with the Hellmaw. I am not sure what Kopec spoke, but she does not represent all of the wolves of Hellmaw. She also went to the Covenant, asking about an alliance that was already in place. The disarray has been quite aggravating…”

Igbo paused, ready to clarify,“My own visual of what wolves of Hellmaw are is different. The structure of the Hellmaw with Nima alive was already an entire mess. I have come to speak of creating something entirely new.” He had to stop himself, not wanting to give too much away before acknowledging Tunglid’s own perspective.

Jun 03, 2018 03:36 PM — Post #6

Name Player
Achievements (?)
None yet!

He watched the fold of Igbo’s appendages; a suggestion that he was here for a conversation, then. And Tunglið had a feeling he knew the subject of said conversation. Mirroring the smaller male, Tunglið reclined onto his haunches and wrapped his tail around his side, settling for what he anticipated to be a very interesting discussion.

Tunglið nodded at the mention of Kopec, but the news that she had traveled to the Covenant, as well, further seeking any solution to the disaster that had become their pack, further sparked his curiosity. She truly did want to mend their pack - her resolve was admirable, but from Igbo’s commentary on it, he didn’t imagine it was working well.

Only once Igbo spoke of making something entirely new did his intrigue come forth on his visage: an easing of his expression, the slightest curl of his lips. The same excitement he felt crackling when he spoke of it with Morwen came back to his chest, alive like crystallizing ice.

“All of our options have been in consideration. Please, elaborate,” he encouraged.

Morwen would be highly interested in this discussion.

Jun 03, 2018 03:56 PM — Post #7

Name Player
Morwen maiyev
Achievements (?)
1year 2mos 6mos 100posts anniversary1 artist profile

She’d been hunting. Unfortunate timing, perhaps, but the woman had to keep her belly full, regardless of water pelting her back, or the storms that brewed in her home. With fur plastered flat against her skin, Morwen had turned on her way to the springs, a raven held between her jaws. Its broad wings dangled and dragged against the ground as she trotted, tripping over feathers.

The creature had caused her great trouble with its craftiness. Even in death, it gave her woes. She wondered if she should consume it—if she were right to be superstitious—but promptly spurned her digression.

Her paws came to a halt on the shale-dusted pathway towards her springs when she saw a shadow preceding her. A gentle huff of the air revealed the same scent which permeated the lake: Hellmaw. So an envoy had come to them. She had intended to do so herself, but she certainly didn’t mind saving the trip.

Burnished eyes rose to then see Tunglid. His was a sight much like the springs in the way they never got old.

She doubted they ever would.

Morwen continued her approach, tail held aloft, snaking back and forth through the air in a languid greeting. A muffled boof sounded from her maw; a greeting.

Jun 03, 2018 04:49 PM — Post #8

[ Edited: Jun 03, 2018 05:37 PM by Morwen ]
Name Player
Igbo Black J
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Tunglid was silent in the way he spoke. Igbo wanted the man’s tongue to flick with what the large smoky child had spoken, but he sadly received nothing. On the other hand, he was eager to hear Igbo’s plan. It set a single brow upward with a wry smile.

“It depends on the configuration of your pack that one has planned.” He spoke calmly as Morwen made her approach. More confident, it appeared. Her tail held high and her sights calmly set. The little man dipped his head in greeting,“Morwen, nice to see you again.” A play on their first meeting that resided only in the dark, it tickled.

Jun 03, 2018 06:30 PM — Post #9

Name Player
Gungnir the Strong CJ
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Despite having committed himself to the springs—Tunglið and Morwen, and what they sought to build—Gungnir was restless and found himself descending the path against the heat of his joints. It was harder navigating the maze downward than it was going up for him, especially with the rain making the path so slick. In time, he would strengthen to it, he supposed. No better time to start practicing, eh?

Voices came to him quietly against the rainfall and he slowed, approaching gently. Tunglið‘s deep voice and a stranger’s. The path opened and he viewed them briefly: Tunglið and a dark-colored visitor, and approaching with some sort of catch was Morwen.

Gungnir, curious, slipped from where he lingered and made a cautious approach himself, keeping his head and tail at a reasonable level, noting that Morwen had held hers high. Something he learned having lived outside of the North: so many of these wolves held a lot of pride in hierarchy and status, and he had come to accept and live with that, living alongside them.

He came to sit just behind Tunglið, offering a nod-like bow to the group, though kept silent; he did not want to speak out of turn, as whatever this was, it was likely not his place to speak anyway—as it was, and tended to be, in packs here.

((Skippable unless directly addressed, he’s observing mostly!))

Jun 03, 2018 08:35 PM — Post #10

Name Player
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Anticipation kept his attention firmly trained on Igbo. His mention of the configuration of their pack had him thinking, although Tunglið couldn’t produce an immediate answer for him. They hadn’t spoken much on ranks other than the concept of a shared leadership - and, if they were to merge with Hellmaw, then leadership would likely remain in Morwen’s field. Tunglið existed to support, not to rule - that was a fact he had come to accept long ago.

“It is free for negotiations,” he finally answered, and as he thought to append the caveat of Morwen’s dominion, he caught sight of her approaching, as if the very thought of her had manifested her body onto the pathway. The resonance of her voice calling to them, muffled as it was, left his chest feeling warm. “However, I do believe that at least one from our collective shall hold status above the rest.”

Though he spoke to Igbo, his eyes remained fixed on Morwen, implying her candidacy for the position.

It wasn’t long after that that Gungnir appeared as well. The cowled male glanced back at his friend, returning the nod before briskly introducing him, “Gungnir. This is Igbo, one of the Hellmaw wolves residing to the east of us,” he began, then turned to Igbo, “Gungnir is a long-time brother of mine from the North. He takes residence with us here.”

Jun 04, 2018 10:36 AM — Post #11

Name Player
Morwen maiyev
Achievements (?)

”...—figuration of your pack that one has planned.”

The woman’s ears had already been trained ahead of her, but now, the curved tips came perking up with apparent interest. Just as she’d suspected: they were here for negotiations, of some sort. When she made it to the steppe with a hastened stride, she regarded Gungnir with a softened gaze and a gentle huff, promptly setting aside the dead raven she’d carried before taking her place next to Tunglid. It was then, with his redolent greeting, that she realized their visitor was none other than Mr. Black. Her dark lips curled into a smile.

“The light is all the better to see you in,” she teased, gaze then turning from him to Tunglid, and back. “I’m sorry I haven’t had the chance to be here thus far; my stomach managed to persuade me out today. Igbo, Tunglid, please, fill me in.”

She could hardly contain her intrigue between the bits she’d already parsed. Merely broken, fragmented words—but restless, hungry minds couldn’t be picky.

Jun 04, 2018 11:56 AM — Post #12

Name Player
Igbo Black J
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Igbo gave his nod of acknowledge to Gungir. Morwen, Tunglid, and Gungir. Three seemingly consistent individuals. They had been by the springs this long, had they not?

Tunglid’s reply left him out to dry though, but it showed that Morwen lead the movement here. The idea of one of the spring members holding power over the rest left an ill taste, Igbo had to stop himself from cocking a brow and diverging onto a different path. He understood, the very least, that the power dynamic of who was in charge would cripple or secure a better future. And that is what he was here for.

First, to update Morwen,“Due to the incoming winter, the idea of merging the Hellmaw wolves and the wolves by the springs has come to mind by a younger member of my cohort; however, I wish to expand on the details and have something entirely new.”

“The Hellmaw’s original dynamic was only suitable when Nima was around, with her death, it has left my family at a standstill. I wish to reinvent alongside our neighbors, considering how long we have been by each other’s side… coexisting.”

“On the note of having a status above the rest, I at least need myself and Tomas to have a significant place. I would prefer something flexible and breathable for all of us, nothing too rigid in hierarchy..”

Igbo talks a lot here, and if it is too much let me know and I can cut it back some!!! I am assuming that M & T want to hear.

Jun 04, 2018 12:46 PM — Post #13

Name Player
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Tunglid’s gaze passed quickly between Morwen and Igbo, made curious by their exchange, but nothing more. Likely remnants of a conversation past. He shrugged it aside, nodding as she apologized, but glad that she had arrived all the same. This was a conversation she no doubt should be a part of.

He listened again to Igbo, mention of the upcoming winter reminding him of his enthusiasm for the season. It was rare that he ever had to consider the welfare of others through the winter. He used to not care at all for strangers’ survival - it never had any bearing on him. Now, it felt strange to regard the winter cautiously, instead of with zeal. Perhaps it was even selfish of him to be so confident in himself, in his own survival, while he knew others would languish in the cold. At least it meant he would be prepared to double his efforts in order to tend to those less fitted for winter’s chill.

His ear flicked at the mention of Nima and the Empire’s original dynamic. “What exactly was it about the Empire’s dynamic that so interfered with its ability to perform?”

As he recalled, Igbo had said the Empire was a mess long before Nima’s death. Was it the fact that she had called herself an Empress? That the Empire depended solely on her to function?

As expected, Igbo delivered his opinion on Tunglid’s caveat. He didn’t think the Hellmaw wolves would so easily accept life under a single ruler that wasn’t one of their own. In fact, it was appropriate that he should suggest two of the Hellmaw wolves - the two adults - because if that was the case, Tunglid was eager to match. “Perhaps a council then,” he suggested. “A council of four: Morwen, Igbo, myself, and Tomas.”

It would ensure an even and fair distribution of leadership decisions among them, he thought. As long as the four of them could come to an agreement. His gaze turned to Morwen, wondering if she had anything else in mind.

Jun 04, 2018 04:33 PM — Post #14

Name Player
Morwen maiyev
Achievements (?)

A smile lingered on her lips as Igbo’s intention was made clear. She had thought correct to anticipate the conversation that beckoned; the one that had already ensued without her.

Damn raven. Silently, she cursed the bird’s corpse from where she sat.

“We’ve all got similar opinions, then,” she disclosed, speaking only once both men had given their piece. “I’ve been considering Kopec’s proposal since Tunglid informed me of the Empire’s state. She came to us once a while ago with the same intentions; it doesn’t surprise me that she hasn’t let go. She was very adamant before, as well.” Perhaps they were foolish not to have heeded her; to try and stay the hand of fate, like she begged them to do. Ironic, really.

“What I envisioned for this collective was something simple and lasting: a rank for leadership, a rank for our members, and a rank for the young ones.” Her eyes shifted to Tunglid briefly. “I don’t know how much my companion shared, but he and I intend to continue leading those we’ve gathered. If we merge, things’ll stay the same in that regard.

“But there’s something else I want to make clear: I’m not seeking sovereignty over a collective, nor am I looking to be ruled. All I want is to protect my home, and my brethren.” Her gaze cast over the two cowled men at her side, each in turn. “My equals.” She could speak for neither of them, so she hadn’t—but her stance had been made amply clear. Morwen looked back to Igbo.

“I’m not opposed to sharing a council between the four of us—provided we treat the rest of our members as our equals, not our subordinates.”

Two years spent under tyranny had been more than enough. She had suffered amply as a child, and did not intend to spend her latter years under circumstances even reminiscent of her time as a whelp. Taking up dominance would only make her no better than Gareth; endorsing it would be just the same.

Jun 04, 2018 09:52 PM — Post #15

Showing page 1 of 3.

Please log in or register to reply to this thread.