Roleplay Forums | Map

Abandonment Issues
[summons] Calling Larisa

Crixus is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Crixus Blanc Rainy Staff

Maybe she was nearby.

Maybe she had only run into a spot of trouble in getting her sister home, and it had delayed her.

Maybe she’d decided to leave him entirely. It seemed improbable.. but what if Narcissa had done something to her? Convinced her, or forced her, or otherwise made her abandon her mate and the cause and the pack and everything.

Crixus’ teeth flashed moodily at his own thoughts. His head was pounding, his muscles tense. Winter was coming, and Larisa had not yet come home.

“Larisa.” His voice was barely a huff of breath initially. He didn’t want to go calling into the night like some fucking idiot after his lost pet, but here he was, drenched in freezing seawater, sitting on the bay and waiting around. He never should have permitted her to go alone- he knew that now. Yet, at the same time, he was loathe to leave his Pearl unprotected. It was his.

He tossed back his head after some deliberation and sent a long, low howl into the sky, quavering at the end as the note was held long past the point of a usual call.

Jun 07, 2018 07:24 AM

[ ignore ]
Name Player
Kaya Silvano Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Kaya knew well and good it wasn’t HER being called upon. But it just so happened that her mountain trip concluded with Crixus’s mooning about at the coast, and with a low grunt the silver she-wolf adjusted her stride and trotted towards him. Not swiftly - her hips twinged if she tried to run after her hasty retreat from Dagdur. But it wasn’t anything she wasn’t used to - just old age threatening.

She was hardly decrepit yet.

“You know Crixus.” She called, irritation in her voice as she approached him. “I am beginning to be convinced that this entire valley is filled with idiots and simpletons.” Doubtless he would gather how her recruiting trip had gone from her tone, but after a moment her aquamarine eyes softened just a little. “Present company excluded.” Obviously. Between the two of them they had the best bloodlines in this cursed valley.

Jun 07, 2018 11:23 PM — Post #1

[ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
Name Player
Crixus Blanc Rainy Staff

While it wasn’t Larisa that came to him, he couldn’t be terribly disappointed when he saw Kaya approach, his ears flicking to the sound of her voice. She sounded irritable, which he supposed wasn’t really out of the ordinary, anyway, but didn’t bode well for her trip to scout for potential members. He sighed.

“You may be right,” he grumbled, but offered the merest smirk and half-nod at her addition that present company was not included in the generalization.

“If it is only us for the harshest season, at least we know we will weather it without issue.” The cache was full, the small game on the island plentiful enough with so minimal predators, and he had personally been working to ferry the occasional venison haunch or whatever else he might have been able to bring down. He wasn’t looking forward to potentially having to eat from the cache regularly, but had made a point not to hunt from the fauna on the island too much, in hopes of allowing the population to thrive well enough to support him over the winter.

He looked to Kaya, watching her face for a moment. Something somewhat more personable than usual, but not that could be described as vulnerable, showing in his grey eyes. “Are you disappointed, Miss Silvano, that the pack has not come to full fruition in the timeframe expected? I have not upheld my promise to you.” Better to lay it all out on the table now rather than dance around it problem. The thing was, if he had come across enough worthy wolves, he would have that pack now. It was simply that the pickings were too lean here.

He still needed to tell her of Dragomir, but her response would tell him whether it was worth bringing up or not. The fact that the male was another relation might not be in his favor.

Jun 09, 2018 01:00 PM — Post #2

Name Player
Kaya Silvano Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

The harshness around her face faded a little. Kaya almost found herself wanting to reach out and place a respectful nudge to the underside of his muzzle, but she knew after the experience with the brute in the mountains that was simply her hormones kicking in, desiring a little physical contact. And she was no slave to those. 

It was good, though, to set eyes upon Crixus and hear his sardonic voice again after the recent disappointments. And she had to fight the urge to touch him yet again when he looked at her with, for him, what passed for doe eyes.

She flashed a thin-lipped but not insensitive smile his way.

“If I was disappointed in you, Crixus, I would not still be sitting here. No, of all the many disappointing wolves in this valley, you are not one of them.” She told him thoughtfully. “Nor would I have stood for you to be less choosy, rather than too much so. You wouldn’t have wanted a wolf like me as your second in command if you weren’t trying to build something memorable here.”

A pack like Lorzeno had only dreamed of, with all his fool ideas and old-fashioned, out-dated demands of his pack.

Jun 10, 2018 07:39 AM — Post #3

Name Player
Crixus Blanc Rainy Staff

Oh, how sweet. Look at them, being.. not soft. But. Well, there were feelings, or at least a sense of understanding, between them.

He was pleased to hear her answer- especially having expected something less permissive of what he had begun to deem a failure. His tail swept the ground and he straightened himself up, mullified. “I admit I had dared to hope that you would say as much.” He looked over her for a moment, and nodded. “You prove yourself deserving of your role over and over.”

Pleasantries observed, he licked his lips. “We have potentially gained another,” he said, eyes flicking to hers to see if this would pique her interest. “Narcissa is a disappointment, and I hope that meeting her will not have clouded you to all of Larisa’s family- for I have found her brother.”

Okay, maybe the brother had appeared in the general vicinity, it wasn’t as if Crixus had gone out looking for Dragomir, or even really spared him a thought. But whatever, Crixus was taking the credit for it. His lip curled into a bit of a sneer, some of the bitterness at the thought of brothers showing on his face. “May he prove more useful than my own.”

Jun 10, 2018 04:56 PM — Post #4

Name Player
Kaya Silvano Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Kaya wasn’t so above flattery she didn’t preen a little. Praise, from a wolf worth of giving it, was always appreciated. She didn’t expect much from Crixus’ mate once she returned. She could only hope once Larissa was feeling less emotional about her lying sister, she would respect Kaya’s authority and the choices she had made to defend her own name.

Her brow lifted, clearly interested in the news. But so far, Larisa’s bloodline… and Larisa herself… had not proved all that encouraging. Would a male be the exception?

“I’d like to meet him, to judge his worthiness and explain what happened with Narcissa. If we are to avoid further incidents with the family, it’s imperative if I discover if he will be respectful of my position here, so perhaps I ought to do so alone.”

This could go a few ways. And it was best Kaya figured out which direction before she had a trio of angry siblings to contend with.

“Your brother was not interested in what you’re trying to achieve here, Crixus. I thought far less of Abaddon than I do of you, I won’t lie. But if he would have refused to welcome me, without any indication he wished to get to know my strengths, who else would he have been as judgemental about? It’s best he isn’t here to chase off wolves when we do find some decent soldiers to recruit.”

Jun 12, 2018 01:10 AM — Post #5

Name Player
Crixus Blanc Rainy Staff

Kaya was being downright.. sweet. Weird. Had she offered him physical contact, he might have gained a bit more of a clue, but he wasn’t thinking of it at the moment.

“Of course. His name is Dragomir. I think you will find him suitable, but I cannot say what he will think of his sisters’ extended absence. It is my hope that he will not want to go chasing after them, but I admit I know little of the relationship between them.” It was all rather inconvienent, to the point of him halfway wishing that his family would stay the fuck out of it. They were causing more trouble than they were worth. At least, the female portion of it was.

Crixus nodded thoughtfully at Kaya’s words regarding Abaddon. “I do believe you’re right- he was always a bit odd, if you ask me. The disappointment remains, a natural reaction, if you’ll grant me that weakness, but I will begrudgingly admit that I am glad for his absence so as not to have him harping on over all the things he deems unsuitable.” His eyes rolled briefly, and he shifted his weight.

“Do let me know how you find Dragomir,” he added. He was interested to know.. but some part of him felt a bit of jealousy twisting in his chest. Hopefully she would not find him even more likable than Crixus himself. He was not particularly willing to share Kaya’s allegiance.

Jun 12, 2018 08:12 AM — Post #6

Name Player
Kaya Silvano Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

“Dragomir.” She repeated thoughtfully. She would remember the name. Not that she had very high hopes if he was a full brother to the wolf she most wanted to throttle in this entire valley. “I’ll do my best to convince him him talents are best served here. Drop a few hints you’re looking to reward wolves for loyalty, and worthwhile skillsets.” She proposed thoughtfully.

She smiled at him, looking to bolster his spirits after this admission over his brother. One day, Abaddon would likely show up here again, and she had best be ready for it. He wasn’t going to like how close she’d grown to his brother, she imagined. “My sister used to harp.” She offered with a roll of her eyes. “I could tolerate her only for about three days before she drove me stark raving mad. I much preferred the company of my four cousins, at least in the early days.”

Jun 12, 2018 08:28 AM — Post #7

Name Player
Crixus Blanc Rainy Staff

Crixus nodded at her council, showing wordlessly that he would take her advice to heart. And he would. Dragomir would be rewarded for loyalty to Crixus above others.

An ear flicked lazily and he turned back to look at her when she spoke of her own family. A little smirk played on his lips. “It was much the same with Abaddon, but for the year following the fire, it was the two of us alone. Arguing, bickering, competing all the way. Goodness, Kaya, I am glad you interrupted that.” He grinned at her then, a smile that was too sweet for his face. She had come in and wedged her way between the brothers, but he was grateful for it.

Perhaps his loyalties had never lay so close to his family as he had always thought.

Jun 12, 2018 08:33 AM — Post #8

Name Player
Kaya Silvano Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Crixus meant that, too, and a very real smile escaped Kaya as she leaned forward and before she could stop herself, aimed a fond lick at the top of his head.

Winter must be coming. She brushed it off as no big deal with a quick scratch behind her ear. “Well, my days of petty squabbles are over.” Thanks to the aforementioned cousins. “I’m interested in securing a future for myself, and making sure the Silvano name remains as respected as the Blancs. That was why I went for that cowering sister of Larisa’s you know. I knew how you’d feel about somebody defacing your mate’s name.”

Jun 12, 2018 08:43 AM — Post #9

Name Player
Crixus Blanc Rainy Staff

Crixus froze for a split second when Kaya licked his head. And then he sniffed gently. She was being strangely affectionate, not that he minded. She turned to scratch behind her ear, and he leaned back a bit, his own tongue raking across his muzzle in thought.

He considered reciprocating, but the moment passed and it would have been awkward, so when she spoke again, he listened, nodding. “Were you always a Silvano?” he asked. He knew that Lorenzo had been from her earlier tales- had she been a relative of sorts, or had she taken the name as her own?

“You are right. I will admit that I wish you had been successful in eliminating Narcissa. She has caused more trouble than she will ever be worth, in my eyes.” He paused, then, before adding, “However, I realize that you were attempting to preserve her to bring to us, not hoping to kill her outright.”

Jun 12, 2018 08:57 AM — Post #10

Name Player
Kaya Silvano Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Kaya showed her teeth in a yawn, canines flashing a little longer than necessary. She chose to address the second thing he’d brought up first. “Mine as well, all that mess with the Evergreens, though some of that I blame on that miserable woman Leas and her brood of brats.” She snorted. She’d like to get that wolf alone, or maybe one of her children. Such a pity there were always consequences. But times might change. 

“But I don’t believe you have anything to worry about. Narsica would never survive the swim here and when she drowns trying, our problems will be over.” She pointed out.

“As for being a Silvano - no, I took Lorzeno’s name as it was a well known one in and around White Forest. I kept it after we split up because I knew it would annoy him if word got back to him.” She smirked. “But I’ve been a Silvano over half two-thirds of my life now.” 

Jun 12, 2018 10:18 AM — Post #11

Name Player
Crixus Blanc Rainy Staff

Crixus grunted at the mention of Leas. “Hopefully the Evergreen wolves will not see need to reproduce again this year,” he mused. They’d gotten themselves into quite the pickle with their situation, after all. He wondered if any of the pups had even amounted to anything worth keeping around.

Kaya pointed out that Narcissa would be unlikely to survive the swim to the island, and his eyes might have twinkled a bit at the thought. “Larisa might try to protect her, or help her,” he said, though. That was a concern.

He huffed a small chuckle at her choice to keep the name on the off chance it would annoy her former mate, and he looked her up and down appreciatively. “No doubt you wear it better than he could have.”

Jun 12, 2018 07:33 PM — Post #12

Name Player
Kaya Silvano Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Kaya snorted in agreement. Amen to that. Hopefully if they did the little brutes would die during the birthing process and do the gene pool a favour.

Crixus pointed out another problem. Kaya frowned over that. “That is a difficult situation.” She acknowledged. “Larisa has a blind spot when it comes to her sister, that much is obvious. If she tries to aid her in the crossing we must intervene, for her own good. That drowning creature would not hesitate to pull Larisa down with her, I am certain. We must be on the lookout for her return and impress upon Larisa the importance of the trial to prove herself, regardless of her physical state at the time.”

At the joke about her name she smirked in amusement. “Indeed so, though when compared to Lorzeno and his downfall, that isn’t much of a feat. I do hope to meet Felicity someday though. Silvanos, when given the right guidance, bring good breeding and bearing to a pack.”

Jun 12, 2018 07:53 PM — Post #13

Name Player
Crixus Blanc Rainy Staff

Crixus nodded sagely, glad to have a potential solution for Narcissa. And if she made it across? He’d deal with her in other ways. It would be more delicate, of course, with Larisa around to witness.

“Even self-made Silvanos, it seems,” he said, quirking a brow at her with a small smirk. He was not blind to the fact that winter was here. He knew Kaya was not a young wolf, but would she still go into season? she’d borne young before, he knew that much, and she was still fit and strong. He supposed he would see, when the time came.

Jun 15, 2018 08:00 AM — Post #14

Name Player
Kaya Silvano Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Her teeth flashed, amused. “Indeed.” She settled in and moved on to the next topic, her smile vanishing. She wasn’t flippant when it came to pack business.

“As for my report for the recruiting mission.” She tsked disdainfully. Crixus already knew she hadn’t found anybody worthwhile. “The first wolf I met wound up to be harmless enough. An odd little yearling, supposedly a poisoner, speaks in riddles and calls herself ‘Child of Darkness’.” Despite the ostentatious title, there was little derision in Kaya’s voice. She hadn’t found the girl worth much of her time, but she certainly had been more tolerable than the second encounter in the mountains. “Unlikely to ever be truthful worthwhile to us, but perhaps useful as an ally.” Perhaps. 

“The second was a male, and I thought at first we might have found a winner - he was an excellent size for a solider.” Leaving out the bit where she’d found him physically attractive. She was hardly going to act on that once he’d showed her his true nature. “But worse than worthless - nothing but a brainless brute who fancies himself the type to throw his size around. Goes by the name Dagður - silvery grey with pale yellow eyes. Dared to try to stop me, and bared his teeth at me as I was departing, so if he shows his face on our plains I’d very much like to team up and teach him to give our pack a very wide berth indeed.” She curled an upper lip, not that Crixus would need the hint at what she intended for the high-and-mighty Dagður if he dared set a paw anywhere near their territory.

Jun 15, 2018 08:59 AM — Post #15

Showing page 1 of 2.

Please log in or register to reply to this thread.