Roleplay Forums | Map

Who are you to worry about the weather
Oaks | First day of winter | Morning | A splash of sunshine

Name Player
Bucky Rangers Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
1year 2mos 6mos 100ooc 100posts 250posts 500ooc 500posts 1000posts helper lonelythreads otm plotreporter profile welcomeguide

Bucky had taken his morning run along the beach, looped over the edge of the range and come back to the savanna. Panting heavily, the burly black male, looking even larger thanks to his ridiculously thick winter coat, slowed to a walk and began to stride along the borders, lifting his leg at regular intervals. The Rangers were doing well, but there were new members and guests alike and he wanted to make sure the territory stayed well-marked.

He flexed his shoulders in delight when the sun came out from the clouds. This was a promising way to begin winter for a wolf who spent more than his fair share of time worrying about the weather. He jumped onto a fallen tree trunk, strode (carefully) along it and paused to mark in the middle. Up the end where leaves had sprouted when the tree had still been alive - it was one of many torn down by the cyclone the previous year - he paused, breathing in deeply as he braced his front paws on a branch.

It was so rare that Bucky ever just… stopped and felt the sun on his fur.

Jun 07, 2018 07:44 PM

[ ignore ]
Name Player
Yvette Song Kori
Achievements (?)
None yet!

She had spent some time back in the plains, as a strategy to avoid any packs. She still had a lot of doubts about the packs here, given their weird sense of justice, and the fact that she just knew they had to be hiding something. They all did.

Though as winter approached, she found herself edging closer to the Ranger’s territory again. With all the talk of rapists she could tolerate some pack activity, so long as the pack wolves left her alone. Heat was a dangerous time, so maybe it was time she sought some shelter here, for now anyway. Then she could continue her snooping.

As she approached the trees, which were now loosing leaves, the scent of the leader flooded her nose. Things couldn’t have worked out better.

“Bucky,” she said, tone pleasant and polite. She dipped her head to the wolf.

Jun 19, 2018 08:31 PM — Post #1

[ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
Name Player
Achievements (?)
1year 2mos 6mos 100ooc 100posts 250posts 500ooc 500posts 1000posts helper lonelythreads otm plotreporter profile welcomeguide

He turned his head to find a previous visitor approaching, and his tail swayed amiable enough at the tall blue-eyed woman, returning her nod.

“Yvette, nice to see you again.” He hated standing physically above other wolves, giving the impression of dominance, and so he deserted his sunny patch on the fallen tree, jumped down onto a bare bough, and from there to the ground, hitting heavily (hard to do anything but) but without fuss. He straightened up and approached Yvette, curious as to what had brought the reserved but well-spoken she-wolf back to his borders a second time.

Jun 19, 2018 08:40 PM — Post #2

Name Player
Yvette Song Kori
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Her tail mirrored his, making her intentions obvious enough. She disagreed with these wolves, and well, pack wolves did set on her on edge quite a bit. But she knew at least with those morals that wintering here would be safe. And if she uncovered anything here she had a big mouth. The other packs would know right away.

“Likewise,” she said easily, closing the distance a little, daring to touch paws on the borders this time around.

“The sun is lovely,” she noted. Her nose pointed to the sky briefly, “but winter is fast approaching.”

Jun 19, 2018 08:48 PM — Post #3

Name Player
Achievements (?)

Bucky flexed his shoulders agreeably as he moved into a sunny patch while the woman waited right on the borders he’d just marked. (He’d lifted his leg so recently in that particular spot he thought about warning her, but there was probably no way a wolf like him could politely phrase ‘by the way you’re standing in my piss.’) Was it an invitation she was fishing for? His suspicions were confirmed when the woman brought up winter.

“It is, and don’t I know it.” He sighed and glanced upwards as well, then back down at the tall, blue-eyed woman. “Our other territory is well sheltered and we can weather a lot. But I always worry during winter. Obviously not only about the weather.” He recalled their last conversation, and he wondered - had she headed into the mountains at all? He did wonder what sort of reception Wayfarer had had up there.

Jun 20, 2018 04:29 AM — Post #4

Name Player
Yvette Song Kori
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Her paws felt a little wet, and it took her a second to clue in as to why. But as soon as she noticed, she casually strolled a little further in, attempting to not make a giant deal of it. Though really, that was super gross. Whoops.

She nodded politely.

“No sense in being vague,” she noted with a smile.

“With all the talk of the wolves of this valley, I can’t say I feel comfortable weathering this winter alone.”

She paused.

“I can help, of course. I have medical knowledge and I can hunt.”

omg I guess she is standing in pee lol I’m dying imagining that

Jun 22, 2018 08:00 PM — Post #5

Name Player
Achievements (?)

Oops, looked like she’d noticed how er, fresh the borders were. Bucky didn’t make a big deal out of it, jest gestured she could come with him. “Drink?” He offered, nodding for the river not far off. If she was too freaked out Bucky figured she could wash her paws, but if she was taking offense she was good at hiding it.

“Well your healing knowledge would be welcome, there’s a couple of wolves learning the trade here as it were.” He reflected. He was glad to hear she was wiling to hunt though - he didn’t want the responsibility of feeding a perfectly able-bodied wolf.

“I usually take new members on as recruits.” There had been exceptions to that, but it had worked out well for him so far. “Hunting and borders patrols are required, but recruits are still new or in training. No time limit - nobody would take offense if you’re only after a winter home.” He commented, noticing how she had specified the season herself.

Jun 23, 2018 06:33 AM — Post #6

Name Player
Yvette Song Kori
Achievements (?)
None yet!

This had to be the most awkward thing ever.

“Yes, if you wouldn’t mind,” she said. Getting this off her paws was a top priority right now. Maybe they could just do the social dance of not directly acknowledging what just happened. That would be ideal.

She began making slow steps in the direction of the river, hoping he would follow so they could pick up the pace. Ew, ew, ew.

“It really is unfortunate that it’s winter,” she noted, “but I can teach basic wound care.”

Plant knowledge was best applied as soon as it was learned.

She nodded.

“I can do those tasks,” she said. She did enough of that stuff on her own. It would only be easier here with others also sharing the weight.

“I won’t stay longer than the season,” she said, “packs are not in my nature.”

She certainly didn’t want to stay here and become another pawn for murdering wolves with very little justification.

Jun 24, 2018 12:31 PM — Post #7

Name Player
Achievements (?)

Bucky had a naturally long-striding gait, and didn’t have much issue keeping up with the long legged she-wolf. He didn’t bother to nod towards the river - the trees weren’t thick enough to hide the running water, or the sound of it rushing along. He paused by the bank to drink, giving Yvette time to wade if she so wished (he though from her hurried pace she just might).

“Appreciate your candour. That’s fine, I think it best you stay as a recruit rather than a full ranger give you’re only looking for winter.” He solidified the plan, nodding to the female. “If that suits you.”

Jun 24, 2018 10:55 PM — Post #8

Name Player
Yvette Song Kori
Achievements (?)
None yet!

She wasted no time in partially submerging herself in the water. Though, in typical Yvette fashion, it wasn’t a rushed cannonball into the river. It looked almost calculated and effortless.

The social dance was done. So long as neither of them spoke about it again they could put it behind them.

“It seems best for the pack and myself,” she agreed.

She paused thoughtfully, though still wading slowly in the river.

“Perhaps we could do something now? I’m sure there’s plenty of tasks to get done.”

Jun 25, 2018 03:04 PM — Post #9

Name Player
Achievements (?)

Bucky waved his tail and dipped his head. “Then welcome to the Adunati Rangers.” He told Yvette with warmth, sitting on the riverbank to politely wait until she was finished wading. The cold didn’t seem to bother her - Nomad would like this one, he reflected.

His paws flexed eagerly against the dried, chewed-short grass beside the riverbank. It was a favourite spot for the deer herd who fed in the oaks. Bucky was always up for a hunt, and it’d be a good way to see how skilled his newest recruit was.

“There’s a rabbit warren nearby we could ambush.”

Jun 25, 2018 04:36 PM — Post #10

Sylvanna is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Sylvanna Rage Skye

She decided to go socialize with new packmates. She walked around for awhile and then she found Bucky again talking to a different wolf.

Could she be a packmate?

She trotted over to where they were at, but she was apprehensive doing so. It looked like they were discussing something that was for them and them only.

She was too nervous for words.

Jun 27, 2018 09:06 AM — Post #11

Name Player
Yvette Song Kori
Achievements (?)
None yet!

“Thank you,” she said, “I will help as much as I can while I’m here.”

It was only temporary. She could tolerate this for a while, pretend to enjoy herself, pretend to care. Ugh.

As she stepped from the river, she wagged her tail in response to his suggestion. Rabbits were easy.

“Yes. Rabbits taste the best of all prey, in my opinion, so I’m always eager to hunt them.”

Though her eyes drifted to the wolf who was approaching them. By the scent, she smelled just the same as Bucky, so she must be from the pack.

“Hello,” she greeted, refraining from closing the distance as the female looked a little apprehensive.

Jun 28, 2018 05:32 PM — Post #12

Name Player
Achievements (?)

Bucky noticed Syvlanna approaching, looking nervous - he wondered again if she had a rough past, she seemed so uncertain. Or perhaps it was Yvette, who could have somewhat of an intimidating manner about her.

“Yvette this is Sylvanna, Sylvanna, Yvette.” He introduced the two she-wolves. “She’s new as well. Sylvanna we were just about to go on a rabbit hunt - would you like to join us?” Then he could see how well both woman hunted, and perhaps more importantly were willing to cooperate as a group.

Jun 28, 2018 08:39 PM — Post #13

Sylvanna is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Sylvanna Rage Skye

“Sure, I would love to go.” She said to Bucky, “Yvette, it is a pleasure to meet you.” She said to her new packmate, she couldn’t wait to go hunting. She hadn’t done pack hunting since she was a teenager, so this would be a nice outing.

She smiled at Yvette, “Bucky, when are we going? She the leader of the Rangers.

Jul 06, 2018 08:12 PM — Post #14

Name Player
Yvette Song Kori
Achievements (?)
None yet!

She nodded gracefully to the wolf. It was good to collect names, at least.

Her gaze flicked to Bucky, waiting for his answer. Though her instinct was to push past them and get this hunt on with already, she knew better. Her wants could take a back seat for now.

short post ;;

Jul 10, 2018 07:18 PM — Post #15

Showing page 1 of 2.

Please log in or register to reply to this thread.