Roleplay Forums | Map

Last man standing
Wormwood Grove | Late autumn, Night, right after 'Last Stand' | Raining

Name Player
Ozias Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Ozias had made it to the lake. If he had been in a calmer frame of mind he might have appreciated the quiet lapping sound and the rain pattering the surface. Or he might have dipped his badly bitten leg into the water to clean it. The rain had washed some of the blood away, causing him to leave diluted droplets of blood behind him on the way here. 

Ozias was not calm. Ozias had gotten into his first fight and maybe helped murder a guy or maybe he was still alive and screaming and Ozias was really just NOT OKAY AT ALL.

“Herbs, okay, herbs for Gareth.” He muttered, frantically grabbing some water weed at the lake’s edge, then dropping it. “Ozias you don’t know any herbs. Felicity. Find Felicity first. FELICITY!” He yowled, but not as loudly as it sounded to his own ears.

He was a little light headed from the bloodloss, not to mention the shock of seeing a wolf getting eaten in front of him. That guy, he hadn’t been a good wolf, that much was for sure. But being eaten alive - and Ozi himself had HELPED Gareth do it.

If only he had Cian with his capable air and the way he always knew what to do and how to handle any situation. If only he had his mother and her herbs and her logical reassurances. But it was just him. Ozias. Completely lost, the black male squeezed both eyes shut, mumbling in a clearly stressed voice. “Herbs… Felicity… Gareth… Cian… Felicity… Mom...” 

Jun 12, 2018 09:16 AM

[ ignore ]
Name Player
Gareth Mercer Dingo
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Close, like he’d hoped. But shit, his leg was throbbing even for a walk that short. He could be eating now, but no. Instead he was playing fucking dad over some kid.

He was frantic over there, talking to himself, aimlessly wandering around. They’d need to work out some kinks, sure, but Ozias had potential to be a loyal follower.

“Ozias, come here.” His face felt like it was actually on fire.

Jun 12, 2018 09:29 AM — Post #1

[ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
Name Player
Ozias Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Ozias did a big wide circle.

“Gareth!” He cried in alarm at the way the skin was hanging off Gareth’s face. He had been impressed upon not to swear but he almost did seeing that injury. He limped over towards the male, not exactly mobile on his bitten leg.

“It’s gonna be okay! I’m going to find you herbs, or help! Except I dion’t know any herbs or where to find help and I don’t know where Felicity or Mom are.” He rambled, his wide-blown eyes betraying he was still definitely in some measure of shock.

Jun 12, 2018 09:52 AM — Post #2

Felicity is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Felicity Silvano Jill

Winter made the rain unbearable.

Felicity loved the water, she did. Even the mightiest of storms held a wondrous fascination for her. But a fine line separated an invigorating shower from a miserable downpour.

That line was apparently the chill of the oncoming season.

She gave her pristine coat a shake, with it washing herself clean of an attempt to locate her brothers beyond the lake. Forrest had gone south, that much she recalled clearly. But there was no sign of Felix, no indication of which direction he’d taken when the group split up.

Her lips pursed in a dismissive scowl. No matter. She could trust them to fend for themselves, as they could trust her to locate a suitable haven in which to winter. Even if she must do so alone.

She had every intention of wandering west, but the sound of voices—and perhaps the crimson scent tinging the petrichor—captured her attention. It kept her on the perimeter of the lake, long enough to think the timbre of one of the voices oddly familiar.

Now, that was a dangerous combination, and one she found herself drawn toward.

sings, I WISH THAT I COULD BE LIKE THE COOL KIDS
hey cool kids let me hang out with y’all
approaching in a round or two

Jun 12, 2018 08:42 PM — Post #3

Name Player
Gareth Mercer Dingo
Achievements (?)
None yet!

He did come, out of it like some kid looking for a lost friend. He was murmuring something about his mother and how he’d find herbs to fix Gareth’s face. Gareth had little faith that some plant could repair whatever the hell he had going on. Just patience and a lot of time.

“Calm down, son. I’ll be alright in a few days,” though it certainly did not feel that way. “Why’d you run off?” The reason was easy to see, but he needed to hear it in Ozias’ own words.

Jun 13, 2018 02:43 AM — Post #4

Name Player
Ozias Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

((*Excited scree-ing at Felicity*))

Ozias was barely responsive, still staring half-wild at Gareth. He felt oddly detached from his own emotions. He knew he was feeling horrifying by what he’d seen and done but it felt like something happening to somebody else. Like a bystander.

Finally he managed to sort of answer the question.

“You… Gareth I didn’t know.” He rambled, pacing around stiffly on three legs, still dripping pink raindrops. “I thought you were joking, I did! I just, I don’t can’t, I don’t understand, why he kept attacking us, he was insane, and now your face, he was totally insane!” Like that was any justification for killing. For eating somebody alive. Ozias certainty didn’t feel any more normal.

Jun 13, 2018 09:01 AM — Post #5

Name Player
Felicity Silvano Jill

Though the rain had disturbed many dormant scents surrounding the lake, Felicity followed that of blood with ease. The voices helped guide her, too. Especially one, with its panicked tilt.

The scent that accompanied it grew more familiar. She struggled, at first, to connect a name to it. A face also. But her mind was youthful enough to dredge an answer, to keep her from approaching the wolves in ignorance for longer than necessary.

Her lip twitched with the thought of grinning. Her boy was here. But accompanied by the sharp tint of blood, why? That wouldn’t do.

She stepped lightly through the sodden grass, holding her neck forward as her eyes sought him through the sheet of rain.

“Ozias?” she crooned, her melody as misplaced as birdsong in a blizzard.

edit: up to you whether she is visible now or not!
also if you guys wouldn’t mind givin’ me a rundown of their injuries it’d be appreciated <3

Jun 13, 2018 01:54 PM — Post #6

[ Edited: Jun 13, 2018 01:57 PM by Felicity ]
Name Player
Gareth Mercer Dingo
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Joking? What about? Gareth hardly ever joked about anything.

“Yeah, he was insane. And now he’s dead. Shit happens,” he was about to invite him back to the carcass, but someone else was here now. Some female, clearly a friend of Ozias’.

Great, he really did not want to go explaining what all just went down to some stranger.

Gareth’s got a huge tear in his face. Purple=bone and red=muscle. A scrape on his chest, and is bleeding on his back leg towards his hip.

Jun 13, 2018 05:00 PM — Post #7

Name Player
Ozias Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Ozias let out a troubled sigh. “At least.. can’t hurt you anymore.” He mumbled, his eyes still fixed on the giant tear in Gareth’s face. But not for long.

His head whipped around at the call and his eyes got huge. She was here. He knew it! He knew he’d caught her scent!

“Felicity!” The name garbled a little bit, Ozias tripping over his own syllables as he pivoted towards Felicity and hobbled on three legs towards her as fast as he could. She was here. Here. Here. One less wolf to worry about.

“Areyouallright?” The stress hadn’t quite released him yet, clearly. “Did he hurt you?!”

((Ozi has a minor bite on his face, and a badly bitten back leg which he’s holding up off the ground. Probably looks quite clean from the rain so, deep but not bloody?))

Jun 13, 2018 06:20 PM — Post #8

Name Player
Felicity Silvano Jill

Felicity’s eyes hooded. Ozias had been a rambling little thing when last they met, but never had she heard him as inarticulate as he was now, defiling her name with the frantic gurgling of his voice. It would have been forgivable had the rain been to blame, but the panic in his tone was obviously the culprit.

She understood why the emotion had overtaken him as he rushed toward her. He reeked of blood. The fur above her nose wrinkled.

Her eyes roved from the bite on his face to the leg he held gingerly above the ground. The injuries held her attention fast, so that his frantic inquiries were no more than superfluous din upon that of the rain. They rolled from her thoughts as water from a teal’s back. Clearly, she was fine, if the silly boy took a moment to compose himself and actually see her.

“Goodness,” she purred. “What ever happened to you?”

She did not like him like this. Flustered, more so than was normal. Extending her muzzle, she sought to lap gently at the cut upon his face. Perhaps it would calm him some.

The old, bleeding one was of no consequence, at least not for the time being.

thanks guys!

Jun 13, 2018 10:02 PM — Post #9

Name Player
Ozias Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

It was Felicity’s touch that did it. It didn’t exactly bring back memories of their torrid time together, not with Ozias in the frame of mind he was and him having just helped murder another living wolf. But as Felicity licked at his cut cheek he stopped limping here and there and fretting, his body relaxing just a little. 

She was all right. She was all right.

“I knew you were here.” He breathed, sounding relatively calmer, if still a little wild in the eyes. “I was so afraid that manic had- oh, he was insane. Completely crazy but Gareth-” He blanched, thinking of what Gareth had done.

“Gareth and I killed him.” He finished, his voice smaller, then turned to look at the older male. “He is… you finished it?” He checked hesitantly. “This, this is Felicity, I was tracking her right before I met you, I was going to explain but it all happened so fast…” Ozias was clearly still a little worse for wear.

((Dingo said to skip Gareth this round))

Jun 13, 2018 11:33 PM — Post #10

Name Player
Felicity Silvano Jill

Ozias deferred to stillness—something better resembling it, anyway—as she groomed him. Very good. Her tail gave a single, approving flick, cutting indifferently through the rain. She continued to lick his face tenderly, methodically, falling into a rhythm with ease.

Perhaps some of it was for her own pleasure. The taste of his blood, his very essence, only enriched the experience.

She hummed a sound deep in her throat at his admission. She was here, yes, and very much enjoying the flattery his exposed yearning for her brought.

But there was more to his admission than tokens of longing. He’d killed a wolf. It was not enough of a revelation for her to draw back with a gasp. She assimilated the information into the schemas of her mind with little fuss, little change in expression, having understood, perhaps even on a subconscious level, that the threat was no longer immediate. To her or Ozias—nor to this ‘Gareth.’

She turned as Ozias did to look upon the elderly male. A grody, old thing. Something unpleasant coiled in her gut. How she wished he’d remain at a distance, lest she breathe the same foul air as such an ancient thing, so long past its prime. Her eyes narrowed.

“Who was it you’ve killed?”

Jun 14, 2018 01:18 AM — Post #11

Name Player
Gareth Mercer Dingo
Achievements (?)
None yet!

A young girl, younger than Ozias it would appear. She wasn’t immediately put off when hearing they’d just killed someone, which was good. He was not in a mood to be scolded. Felicity was her name, and there was most definitely something between her and Ozias, as she wasted no time getting her tongue all over him.

He did not appreciate the way she looked at him, not at all.

“Not sure. He decided he didn’t like me ‘n your boyfriend here and made a mistake. I doubt he was all right in the head.” No sane wolf would engage two others in a fight.

Jun 14, 2018 01:56 AM — Post #12

Name Player
Ozias Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Ozias relaxed further under Felicity’s licks. He was starting to slowly look, and sound, more normal now. He focused on Felicity, because it was hard not to look at a girl you liked when she was standing right in front of you after months of nothing but bad news. A shining star in his otherwise lightless night sky.

“It was somebody who knew you. Timber with orange eyes. He…” Ozias tried to think back to the fight. Fights, because one had started after the first one ended. “He screamed at us to get out, claimed he had marked his territory. But he hadn’t - I’d been following your scent. I would have noticed.” He was certain of that much.

“He called you a bitch.” He sounded affronted on Felicity’s behalf, as if this, of all the things the insane male had said, was the most offensive. “He came flying out of nowhere and ripped up my leg. Gareth was the one to stop him. Even though we’d just met.” Oblivious to Felicity’s feelings to his new companion, he shot a grateful smile at the old male, and remembered his manners at last.

“You saved me. Thank you, Gareth. I um. Didn’t mean to freak out. Before.” Or still.

Jun 14, 2018 02:12 AM — Post #13

Name Player
Felicity Silvano Jill

Halfway through the geezer’s explanation, Felicity found her eyes wandering back to Ozias. Even the assumptive term ‘boyfriend’ didn’t bring her to starting. Labels were perilous things, anyway, so she didn’t much care what the old one thought them to be.

She simply looked at Ozias looking at her.

He had much more to say, and she accepted his detailed recounting of events with a mild expression. The wolf he described sounded familiar, but minimally so. An angry, deranged lunatic on the fringe of the lake. Yes, she’d come across him, and he’d been a bore, disinterested in her game entirely.

To hear that he called her a bitch didn’t much matter.

“I did meet him. I left shortly after.”

Ozias appeared to have been worried over her state, thinking the little, angry one could have done something to her. Fat chance, especially given he was now lifeless and likely lying unclaimed somewhere nearby.

Her gaze flickered to Gareth as Ozias thanked him. She was confounded at his admission of freaking out, but something in her still warmed to the thought Ozias had rent another wolf’s flesh from his bones. She was perhaps only half-certain of why that mattered, but it did.

“It is a shame he did this to you,” she said quietly, clinically, looking back to the younger male.

The older one, though. How he’d managed to save Ozias made little sense to her, when it looked as if he’d barely managed to save himself.

Jun 14, 2018 02:22 AM — Post #14

Name Player
Gareth Mercer Dingo
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Decidedly, Felicity was not a wolf he was fond of. The way she looked around pissed him off. She was judging him, that was easy to see. Ozias could do better, even being the wimp he was. Wimp or not, he can be useful when it matters.

Gareth never enjoyed sharing feelings aloud, especially not appreciation. That stuff was conveyed in actions, not words anyhow. Had he saved Ozias and not gotten help in return, he’d be seeking more than a thank-you. He acknowledged it with a cold stare and a small nod.

“If you think this is bad, I advise you to check out the body,” which Gareth still had full intentions of returning to later.

Jun 14, 2018 02:49 AM — Post #15

Showing page 1 of 2.

Please log in or register to reply to this thread.