Roleplay Forums | Map

I find comfort in the sound
HY4 EW TC | AW

Maurdie is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Maurdie Schmidt Quinn Staff

With all the time she had spent familiarizing herself with the forest her brother had called home, Maurdie still felt like she didn’t know this place. Perhaps it was anxiety over thinking his little family would not accept her quite so quickly as he welcomed her back, but she had made herself scarce - to all besides Rathbone.

Today, her wanderings took her to a treeline that sat peacefully on the edge of a meadow, a place of calm, serenity. Maurdie didn’t venture into the clearing for fear of disturbing the snow - the ethereal glow cast upon the smooth white surface that had lain itself over all. The moonlight reflected beautifully over the snow - the nearly full globe of the moon shining brightly over everything.

It was so quiet here. Like the chill in the air and the light snow on the ground had slowed everything down. There was only the quiet sound of the winds caressing the trees, brushing gently against the grass that poked up gently through the snow. Maurdie smiled, content.

A quiet sigh, a puff of vapor expelling through her nose.

Jun 13, 2018 05:26 PM

[ ignore ]
Rathbone is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Rathbone Fitzroy Sam

“Maurdie,” Rathbone called. His voice soft in the cool nighttime air.

He felt the reunion could have gone a little bit better. But the news of his brother’s death and the strange white pup had distracted him from welcoming his sister properly. Rathbone still had questions about Edghar, but he supposed they could wait.

The Guardian moved to take a seat next to his blood. He stared out at the clearing with her.

Jun 13, 2018 05:46 PM — Post #1

[ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
Name Player

Her ears twitched at the only other sound disturbing her peace - paw steps. She didn’t much need to look to know who might be coming up behind her so silently. She thought, at least, any other wolf might have announced themselves long before Rathbone did.

She turned her head towards him, smile still ticking the corners of her lips up. “Rathbone,” She greeted warmly, daring to tip her head into his space, a quick nudge of affection aimed at his cheek.

She turned her gaze back towards the clearing then, tail swishing across the ground. “You’ve made yourself quite the home here, little brother.” Another smile, bigger, pride in what he had accomplished showing through. She was glad he had gotten away from it all, truly. That hadn’t stopped her missing him like a part of herself had been gone, though.

Jun 13, 2018 06:26 PM — Post #2

Name Player
Rathbone Fitzroy Sam

Rathbone hummed at her comment. As much as he loved the forest, he rarely had days to properly relax. There was still a lot of work to be done with the pack. Mostly traumatised pups outnumbering the overworked adults.

“Thank you,” he said, nonetheless. “It was never something I had planned for, honestly.” He thought that he would still be a sad loner waiting for Death to fly to him and give it a fight.

“It can be your home, too,” Rathbone added as he turned to look at her.

Jun 13, 2018 06:37 PM — Post #3

Name Player

He may not have planned for it, but Maurdie was glad he ended up here, instead of somewhere far beyond her reach. Another smile, more toned down, gaze shifting back towards her brother. “Sometimes those are the things that are the best for you,” and sometimes they were the worst - but now was not the time.

As long as he was content, Maurdie could not fuss. This was all she wanted for her brothers, in the end. A nice family, a nice little place to call their own. And Rathbone had it.

Of course, Rathbone. I’ve spent too long searching to leave you now. It was mine the second I found you.” Even before he said she could stay - she wouldn’t have gone far, even if he hadn’t wanted her in his forest.

Jun 13, 2018 07:39 PM — Post #4

Name Player
Rathbone Fitzroy Sam

“Then I welcome you as Kin of the Evergreens,” Rathbone said.

A small smile appeared on his face before his gaze turned back to the clearing. There was still a longing for the place. He wished they hadn’t left so soon. Having to juggle between pups to carry to the caverns. The journey had been arduous and the pups had been too young.

“This is where the pups were born,” he said.

Jun 13, 2018 08:03 PM — Post #5

Name Player

Thank you, Rathbone.” She smiled sweetly at the formal acceptance. She could not deny that it felt nice, officially having a place to call home again. It was even better that it was Rathbone’s home - his own pack - that she could call home. Her tail rapped a couple times against the chilly ground before she followed his gaze, looked back out onto the clearing.

A perfect spot to raise up some children, I would think.” She liked the cover of the trees well enough but there was something about this meadow that she liked just as much. It was peaceful, but perhaps that was just the chill, the night. She would have to visit again during waking hours, she thought.

Jun 13, 2018 11:34 PM — Post #6

Name Player
Rathbone Fitzroy Sam

Rathbone nodded.

“Yeah,” he said. If only it hadn’t been so short-lived; if neither Rathbone nor Leas had gone to that first meeting, learning of the disappearance of most of the pack. They could have just stayed there, peacefully unaware.

“I’m not sure if they’d remember it, though,” Rathbone admitted. “They were raised more in the caverns. Did Auberon tell you of them? His siblings.”

Jun 14, 2018 11:14 PM — Post #7

Name Player

Have you brought them back, since?” It wasn’t so far that she thought the kids might not have made it to the clearing on their own. But coming back with Rathbone, their father, would be quite a bit more special than on their own. She wondered, did they know that this clearing was the place they’d been born?

She smiled again, a soft nod in answer. She leaned briefly into Rathbone’s space, to press a shoulder to his own in affection, warmth. It was easy, even after so long apart, to fall back into the ways she’d been accustomed with. She’d missed the closeness of the bonds she shared with her siblings after spending so long on the search.

He did - sisters and a brother, I think he said?” She said, peering up at Rathbone’s face. “I have not met them yet, but I fear that is my own fault.” She would do better to integrate herself into the little family - the thoughts that she might not be as welcome as she hoped had kept her at bay.

Jun 16, 2018 01:51 AM — Post #8

Name Player
Rathbone Fitzroy Sam

“No,” Rathbone said. “But they might have found it on their own at some point.” Or re-found it. He doubted they would remember its significance.

Rathbone leaned back a little into Maurdie’s weight, holding them both upright.

“I’m sure Adler would be fine meeting you,” he said. “Adhara might be a little hesitant and Azalea is quite shy, but they both are good with Kin and I’m sure they’ll warm up to you more as they get used to you being family.”

Jun 17, 2018 12:59 PM — Post #9

Name Player

Why did you move?” Maurdie wouldn’t say so out loud, but this space - the openness - was so much more agreeable than the confining caverns. Perhaps that was part of why she’d wondered away from them. It made it easier to breathe, the clearing, the openness of this place.

She smiled gently when Rathbone leaned back into her weight, and she might have been more inclined to draw away if he seemed uncomfortable. But it was nice, just being close. She would stay a moment longer - he could draw away if he so choose.

Her smile only grew when he went on to list Auberon’s siblings(three more of them!!) and she turned excited eyes towards her brother, bubbly little laugh escaping her. “I have niece’s and nephews! Goodness!” Her tail beat against the ground with a few excited thumps before settling.

I can’t wait to get to know them all.” It made her equal parts nervous, however, thinking they might not like her. Maybe wouldn’t want anything to do with her, at all. She shoved the thoughts away, tried to just focus on the fact that she had four little nieces or nephews to get to know!

Jun 18, 2018 08:28 PM — Post #10

Name Player
Rathbone Fitzroy Sam

“The pack lives in the caverns.”

There was much more to it but he refrained from telling anymore. It was difficult to move on from struggle if he had to keep reliving it. But it was always there on his mind. Come spring, there could be another catastrophe. He doubted he would be able to cope with much more.

“Yeah,” he said with a smile.

Jun 18, 2018 08:52 PM — Post #11

Name Player

Maurdie didn’t have much to say in response to that, so she just drew in a big breath, shoulders rising and falling with it - contentment. She couldn’t blame the pack for choosing the caverns over an open space, it was more protected, at least.

She smiled a little wider, tail beating the ground, and she tipped her head to the side to butt affectionately against the fluff of Rathbone’s neck. “I’m so glad I found you. When they told me Edghar was dead-” She cut herself off, a shaky inhale. “I could only imagine the worst.”

But the reality was sweeter and even with the brief thoughts of Edghar she was happy.

Jun 21, 2018 11:05 AM — Post #12

Name Player
Rathbone Fitzroy Sam

The mention of Edghar made his ear twitch. But he didn’t ask anything about him. His brother was dead and it was bound to happen sooner or later.

Rathbone released a sigh. Long and tumbling into the night air. Crystal blue eyes stared across the clearing. Looking at nothing in particular, but seeing everything.

Jun 21, 2018 11:26 AM — Post #13

Showing page 1 of 1.

Please log in or register to reply to this thread.