Roleplay Forums | Map

overwhelming
very edge of the rapids | early winter | late evening | cold

Name Player
Orlel Jack
Achievements (?)
None yet!

They really didn’t know how they’d ended up this way. Maybe following the river was a bad idea. It was the easiest way that they could be followed, and they KNEW that. That was the easiest way to follow anyone, and was a foolproof way to get a streamline path to Horizon. Sometime during the past week, Orlel had grown lost in the sparse woodlands of the Starlight Peaks, and had ended up following the streams. Streams meant food. Food meant survival, and that was good enough for them. They’d been growing tired of the taste of fish, but there were other rodents around the streams. The path laid out before them, however, was… Not a great one.

The streams that had been a mere gentle trickle had sped up, become rapids. They didn’t know that that was what the river was going to turn into, and now they stood at the edge of where the rapids fed into the lake below.

Orlel’s breathing was shallow, ears swiveling uncertainly. They were frozen. Lots of different thoughts were muddling about in their head, but self-preservation was the winning emotion. Even still, they were frozen, staring down at the waters that could easily take them if they took one false step.

It was so, so loud. Orlel could hardly think, yet their mind wouldn’t shut-up. Their body and head were on lock-down, and if one looked closely,they were clearly shivering; it wasn’t from the cold. Why where they here? Why couldn’t they move?

Jun 13, 2018 10:17 PM

[ ignore ]
Name Player
Gus Sam
Achievements (?)
None yet!

As far as Gus was concerned, the rapids were his. Hardly anyone else came around here. Not to stay, at least.

When he noticed a scent nearby, it made his hackles and tail lift. The cripple hobbled after the scent trail. It was very possible that they would be long gone. Simply stopped for a drink and kept on stepping.

But he found them, this time. A bitch standing near his water where his fish swam. There was a faint grumbling in his throat as he approached.

“Fuck off,” he barked toward her.

(Pardon this piece of trash.)

Jun 13, 2018 10:35 PM — Post #1

[ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
Name Player
Orlel Jack
Achievements (?)
None yet!

So absorbed in their own tumultuous emotions, they hardly even noticed the sound of an approaching stranger. It wasn’t until the faint growling started that they even knew something was wrong.

Their ears and tail fell immediately upon hearing the voice, but they didn’t turn. Think, Orlel, think. Fuck off? That was a threat, right? Was this a Pack’s land? They knew that packs normally looked down on trespassers, especially ones that looked threatening, but considering the fact Orlel could easily be mistaken for an adolescent, they hoped that wasn’t the case. Or, this could be one of His dogs, come to finish the job.

Orlel turned, taking in the other wolf for a second. He was big, but… Not intimidating. This wasn’t one of His dogs.

“You’re not here to kill me.” It wasn’t a question, and while their voice was quiet, they sounded certain. He - Him, not this wolf in front of them - wouldn’t allow such a thin thing in His ranks, let alone with a leg like that.

((No worries! I loooove Gus from what I’ve seen of him, so I’m excited I get to interact with him, even if he’s bein a butt :p ))

Jun 14, 2018 06:35 PM — Post #2

Name Player
Gus Sam
Achievements (?)
None yet!

You’re not here to kill me.

That sounded more like a taunt to his ears. A dare. If the bitch kept ignoring him, the likelihood of such would be higher than she thought.

“Wanna bet?” he said.

Gus knew better than to give chase. It would be pathetic, especially on this sort of terrain. But that didn’t stop his advancements. Tail lashing behind him, ears falling flat against his skull.

Jun 14, 2018 06:55 PM — Post #3

Name Player
Orlel Jack
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Their face remained as passive as they could manage. This wolf probably outweighed them - he certainly was taller than them by a large bit - despite looking rather worse for wear. If… If there was a fight, he’d probably win. They weren’t exactly the strongest in body or bone.

“No. No, I-I…” Orlel tried to search for words, not removing their dark gaze from the male. “I was worried you were someone else.” That was a good thing, right? Oh, god… What if he did kill them? Or want to kill them? He could be like Him, and they wouldn’t know any better.

“Is… Is this a pack’s land?” They ventured, halfway hopeful it was. That way, they would know… To avoid it. This male could lie to them, of course. That was always possible.

Jun 14, 2018 07:05 PM — Post #4

Name Player
Gus Sam
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Words, words, words. Shit he didn’t care about. Could she not see the look on his face? So many always seemed blind to it, but see everything else: like his leg.

“It’s my land,” Gus said. All his. “Now fuck off ‘fore I prove you wrong.”

A final warning.

Jun 14, 2018 07:09 PM — Post #5

Name Player
Orlel Jack
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Now fuck off, ‘fore I prove you wrong.

They were wrong. They were wrong. Their breath was caught in their throat, any confidence shattering and their eyes looking anywhere but this male - behind him, beside them, off to the left a little. They had to go. They’d survived the last wolf who’d wanted to get rid of them, they weren’t entirely sure that they would be so lucky this time, especially not with this waterfall behind them.

Orlel took one last look at this other rogue, and turned tail, running off. They wouldn’t fight this rogue. Not today, and hopefully, not ever.

Jun 14, 2018 07:23 PM — Post #6

Showing page 1 of 1.

Please log in or register to reply to this thread.