Roleplay Forums | Map

Aloha
[summons] [Crixus] | Just before dawn | EW

Name Player
Larisa Negrescu Matti
Achievements (?)
None yet!

The last stretch of the trip Larisa had pushed herself along. She had felt that nagging, achy feeling that was her heat creeping up upon her. Perhaps it had chosen an inopportune moment to arrive, just as she too returned home, or perhaps it would be a boon. She could only hope that Crixus’ nose might get the best of him to see her returned, and in such a state as well. She didn’t dare be away during this time though, already she felt as if Crixus might question her for it.

Larisa shook herself as she left the frigid water and took a moment on the beach, a small grooming, enough to clean some of the salt off. Naricsa’s scent was already gone from her, if the travel hadn’t done it, the salt water would have. No doubt she smelled like pine and salt, that too was feeling like home again. Padding under the canopy of trees she realized she had missed this place. It smelled like other wolves, though she was feeling too worried and preoccupied to think on their scents for too long.

She followed Crixus’ smell as best she could, hoping to find him alone, perhaps sleeping at this point of morning still. She didn’t wish to wake anyone else here and call them to her. Truly, she only wanted her mate this morning. “Crixus,” she spoke gently when she thought her nose had brought her to a reasonable place. It was still very dark, the moon gone but the sun not yet on the horizon. She glanced through the area looking for the spot of white that would be her mate.

[Calling this day 1 of heat]

Jun 15, 2018 10:01 PM

[ ignore ]
Name Player
Crixus Blanc Rainy Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

The scent called to him before the voice did.

He was sleeping, but lightly, in the little hollow at the base of the pine’s roots. The salty breeze was ever-present, and today it carried something to him that he had not scented in quite some time. Larisa.

Intensely Larisa.

He lifted his head, ears twitching, and pulled himself to his feet. The big wolf shook the excess pine needles from his coat and stepped through the trees until she became visible- just barely, in the depth of the darkness. She was a shadow, but the opposite of that- a spot of lightness, almost.. ghostly.

“You left it a bit long,” he said. His words may have been reproachful, but his tone betrayed them for what they were- softer than that, gentle. She was alright, and she had come home.

Jun 15, 2018 10:09 PM — Post #1

[ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
Name Player
Kaya Silvano Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Kaya of course, had been watching for Larisa’s return. Especially after she and Crixus agreed on the danger of her trying to bring Naricsa back with her. She had been marking rocks not far from the shore, overlaying Crixus’s scent with her own when she spotted the flash of white. She trotted towards the beach, completely uncowed by the thought of going to greet the she-wolf who had showed such disdain and disrespect for her last time they spoke.

She headed after her at a languid pace, hailing the she-wolf once she was close enough.

“Welcome home. You were gone some time - I believe you’ll be happy with some of the changes here.” Kaya was not of course, speaking truthfully. She was close enough now to pick up on the scent. So the girl was in heat - no wonder she’d come crawling back. It didn’t stop Kaya. She certainly wasn’t cowering away from the younger woman while her heat played out - first she had to see how her mission had gone before allowing them any privacy. And more importantly, if Larisa’s behavior towards her improved. She would have to learn Kaya had a position of authority around here.

((Quick edit for ti to make sense b/c Rainy ninja’d me :D ))

Jun 15, 2018 10:10 PM — Post #2

[ Edited: Jun 15, 2018 10:12 PM by Kaya ]
Abaddon is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Abaddon Blanc Sam Staff

Abaddon had heard the call, too. He was a little more lax in arriving. Seeing as… it was Crixus who had been called. But still, he deserved at least a couple moments reuniting with cousin again after disappearing shortly after the first one. He had given her hope that proved to be useless.

(Arriving next round. You ninjas.)

Jun 15, 2018 10:12 PM — Post #3

Name Player
Larisa Negrescu Matti
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Larisa spotted the flash of white a moment before his voice called out to her. Anything but a snarl would have brought her closer, and she didn’t care what the words were, his tone was welcoming. She happily ignored Kaya’s voice behind her as she moved towards her mate, lifting her muzzle towards his, flicking her tail. She wanted Kaya sent away - permanently if she could, but at least temporarily for now- and the best way to accomplish that seemed to her to rile Crixus up until he wished to be alone.

She turned to press gently into Crixus’ side, glancing upwards at him, letting her eyelashes bat. “I couldn’t be away any longer,” she said sweetly, her attention clearly on Crixus. She flicked her gaze to Kaya for a moment. “Thank you for the warm welcome. I’m sure once I’ve rested and am settled I’ll find it pleasant.” Her voice was not the loving tone she had turned towards Crixus, but she kept it pleasant for the white bitch in front of her. Screw Kaya, perhaps if she had groveled at Larisa’s feet the smaller woman would think better of her.  At least Larisa could keep her feelings to herself.

This all put her on edge. She had a plan, but only she herself would know all of it. Naricsa had been told bits of it, Kaya would be told a story, Crixus perhaps another if he remained true to her. If other wolves now lived on their island they too would learn what Larisa felt it was appropriate for them to know. She brought her muzzle up towards Crixus’ ear, speaking in a whisper she intended just for him. “I’ve missed you.”

Jun 15, 2018 10:24 PM — Post #4

Name Player
Crixus Blanc Rainy Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

She couldn’t wait any longer. In-fucking-deed. She came closer, and her scent wrapped around him, like a scarf. Or, you know.. maybe a noose. His tongue flicked out to lip his licks, and then.. There was Kaya. His gaze switched to her, for the first time, he thought her arrival rather inopportune.

But he wasn’t some feral beast without manners. He could wait. Still, he wondered how long she had been in season. A jealous piece of him wanted to know if she had been found by any other males. “How long?” he murmured. It would have been dangerous for her, unprotected among callous rogues, in her current condition.

She didn’t seem.. overly happy to see Kaya. He hoped that the distance would have cooled each of them toward the other- and maybe it had. They were almost icy.

“We have a surprise for you,” he said warmly, touching his muzzle to the fur of her neck, for all it drove him mad. “And I you,” he said softly, when she spoke into his ear. It flicked at the touch of her breath.

Jun 15, 2018 10:32 PM — Post #5

Name Player
Kaya Silvano Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Smooth.

Kaya saw Crixus glance her way and offered him the usual nod of greeting, though was sensible enough not to march right up and get in their personal space. Larisa simpered some drivel, hinting that she wished them to be left alone. At least she was more civil than last time they had spoken, even if that was not the way it would work anymore. Perhaps seeing close up the underwhelming valley wolves in all their… glory… had made her appreciate more refined company.

Though call her a skeptic, Kaya Silvano had her doubts. 

“Doubtless you will. I won’t intrude for long, of course. I simply came to hear your report - was your mission successful?” It had been in Kaya’s mind, because she was minus one pathetic sister.

Jun 15, 2018 10:48 PM — Post #6

Name Player
Abaddon Blanc Sam Staff

“Oh, Larissssaaaaaaaaa!” he sang as he drew nearer. Was that sweet old Kaya’s voice he heard?

Abaddon padded into sight. And smell (oh, dear). Perhaps that was why he was in a slightly better mood. But inbreeding was never an interest of his. Abaddon would hardly call himself a stealer, anyway. Not with family, at least.

“I’ve missed you,” he said warmly. Abaddon wouldn’t come too close to her, though. He would have liked a small hug but he would rather not get any closer to the scent than necessary.

Jun 15, 2018 10:54 PM — Post #7

Name Player
Larisa Negrescu Matti
Achievements (?)
None yet!

She had already worried dear Crixus she saw. No doubt if it had taken her a few more hours he would have assumed she somehow managed to mate with the entire valley on her way home. She gave a very slight shake of her head; he had nothing to worry about. “This morning, I was already coming home.” She spoke quietly, words only for him again unless Kaya pressed in nearer.

Larisa lifted her eyebrows at his comment. She leaned her neck into his, letting her tail whap gently against his hip as well. He seemed pleased by whatever this surprise might be, she would hope it was truly something good. Perhaps it would be.

Kaya ruined their moment again with her question. Nosey Kaya who seemed to think this was the time to ask her about it all. Kaya was indeed intruding. Larisa was aware the question from anyone else would not have annoyed her so, and she would have gladly poured out the story to Crixus. Instead she spoke quietly and matter-of-factly to Kaya. “My sister is not with me.” There was her answer, now hopefully she’d leave.

Her ears perked at a voice she cared for a great deal more. She didn’t let herself look too excited though, and she didn’t move from her spot at Crixus’ side. “Abaddon, you’ve returned.” There was a new happiness in her voice, genuinely so. She had never been as close with Abaddon, but family was family, and another wolf who viewed her favorably was a boon. The remaining time before true dawn she wished to spend with her mate, but she would not leave Abaddon alone for long, she had favors to curry if he was staying here as well.

Jun 15, 2018 11:05 PM — Post #8

Name Player
Crixus Blanc Rainy Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Ah, good. So she hadn’t been spreading her scent all over the place for days on end. Her tail brushed his hip, and he pressed his side into her. He realized that he had missed the contact.

Larisa answered Kaya’s question, but only barely. The big male looked down at his mate with a small frown. “Did you find her?” he asked. She was supposedly at the Evergreens. Surely they knew where she had gone.

Abaddon arrived, then, and though Crixus knew he had nothing to be concerned about in terms of his brother trying to move in on his lady, he was glad that his brother kept his distance.

Jun 15, 2018 11:13 PM — Post #9

Name Player
Kaya Silvano Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Well here was a second familiar face. Seemed as if Crixus was receiving a bona fide family reunion today, though the way Abaddon greeted Larisa and not his brother suggested to Kaya that this was not their first meeting.

Kaya was not stupid enough to shoot any significant glances at Crixus over Abaddon, but their latest conversation was refreshed in her mind at the sight of him.

He too, would have to learn that she and Crixus were a package deal, if not in the same romantic sense as he and Larisa. As much as Kaya suspected he wouldn’t like the fact. Though he had ignored her, hardly a surprise, Kaya sauntered towards him and took a seat not far from him - serving the duel purpose of granting Crixus and Larisa space - and repeating the polite nod she had given Crixus himself. She had no issue being the bigger wolf here. “Abaddon, welcome to the island. I trust you will find everything to your liking here.” Almost everything. 

Larisa’s brief answer answered nothing she didn’t already know - she had watched Larisa cross the shore, alone. As if a few short words was why Kaya was here. She nodded along as Crixus spoke.

“Yes, surely the Evergreens still had her with them? They gave me their word they would provide sanctuary to Narcisa until we arrived to determine the truth.”

Jun 15, 2018 11:21 PM — Post #10

Name Player
Abaddon Blanc Sam Staff

The lady Larisa being salty to Kaya? It could very likely simply be her winter hormones but it was lovely to see, nonetheless. The peasant moved to be nearer to him, which thought was strange but didn’t show it outwardly. His small pleasant smile remained. It even grew for a moment upon hearing the glee in his cousin’s tone.

“I have,” Abaddon said to the whale. “I’ve been here before, actually. Liked it then, too.” Better, probably because Kaya hadn’t been there. Although it was much more brief of a stay.

Abaddon seemed to have stepped into the middle of a conversation. About Narcisa. He was curious as to why she would be quite so interested in the unfavourable cousin.

“More like keep her hostage,” he said. “Only way to keep someone so slippery in one place.” Narcisa would likely scoff at sanctuary. The only sanctuary she had ever known had been burnt to ash.

He had never heard Narcisa and “truth” in the same sentence before. Was Kaya really so naïve or did she not know their wayward blood at all?

Jun 15, 2018 11:35 PM — Post #11

Name Player
Larisa Negrescu Matti
Achievements (?)
None yet!

This was not going the way she wanted and Larisa’s tail waved more sharply in irritation over it. Kaya and Abaddon spoke. Larisa remembered that the pair had not been great friends in the past. Had that been repaired, or was there a rift there that Larisa might happily widen? She flicked a look to Abaddon, not for more than a moment. Was he perhaps a better ally than what she would find elsewhere? She knew she would not be able to sway him in the same ways as Crixus, but as they spoke to each other she wondered what she might say to her other cousin when she could find him alone.

Abaddon spoke poorly of Narcisa, and Larisa wondered what these three had said to each other in her absence? Surely the story had been twisted in Abaddon’s mind as well, and perhaps that was the first things she ought to set straight, but not right now.

She leaned a little more against Crixus. “I spoke with the Evergreens, and found my sister. We did not stay there, and obviously it was not so simple to return here immediately. I came back alone when the weather grew colder, as I had promised Crixus I would.” She turned her gaze up to him. The original plan had been for her to befriend nearby packs and return before the winter, still, she had returned as quickly as she could. Let him think she had held strongly to that promise all along. She didn’t feel like including that Naricsa had slipped far from the Evergreens grasp before Larisa found her, nor that she had spent many weeks waiting for Naricsa to return to good health to truly formulate a plan.

Bringing her muzzle up near his ear again she was glad that the other two had kept some distance as she spoke in a hushed tone. “Crixus….I’ve missed you” She practically purred at him, repeating herself with a little more emphasis. Wouldn’t he just make the others leave already? She’d given the story, the important bits, and she’d tell Crixus a bit more, here and there, if she felt the moment was right.

Jun 15, 2018 11:52 PM — Post #12

Name Player
Crixus Blanc Rainy Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Larisa was either terrible at reporting, or holding something back. This was why wolves such as Kaya were to be the ones doing the work of hunting and scouting, and ideally, Larisa would be kept closer to home. Not imprisoned, obviously, but he was a bit disappointed with the lack of information she relayed.

He saw no value in pushing for more, when she so clearly would resist answering beyond her comfort level.

Also, it seemed there were other things on her mind, and he did not wish to deny himself any longer.

“Leave us,” he said, in a slightly bored-sounding voice. “My mate is tired from her travels. She will relay the rest to me when she has had a chance to recover.” And, you know, other things. “I suppose Larisa would like to receive her surprise later, as well.” If she wouldn’t tell him what he wanted to know right away, he would put off telling her about Dragomir for a couple of hours, at least.

Jun 16, 2018 12:04 AM — Post #13

Name Player
Kaya Silvano Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Abaddon was wordier than she recalled, and seemed to have actually developed a sense of humour if his comment about Narcisa was anything to go by. She knew it wouldn’t endear her to Larisa and further, but she let out a bark of laughter anyway.

Larisa elaborated a little. obviously it was not so simple to return here immediately. Yes - that was obvious. So Larisa was in agreement it seemed. She knew that her conniving sister had no chance of surviving the swim across. Fairly poor information for a scout, Kaya thought critically.

However once Crixus spoke up she nodded, receptive to any commands that came from him. She had chosen him as her leader, and he had proven his competence, proven worthy of being followed. “Of course, Crixus, I look forward to hearing the full story. Have fun, you two.” She smirked, and turned to Abaddon. “I was just beginning a morning border patrol. Would you care to join me, Abaddon?”

Time to see if his attitude had improved or if he was the same whiny child she recalled. Best to know now rather than later if he was going to cause any friction.

Jun 16, 2018 06:24 AM — Post #14

Name Player
Abaddon Blanc Sam Staff

Kaya’s laugh was caused him to give her a glance. Abaddon knew he had to develop some sort of relationship with her, he had promised Crixus such, anyway. But his quip wasn’t intended to be humorous it was truth. He didn’t particularly like her laughing at his family, anyway. Even if he didn’t like Narcisa all that much. If he had to save either of them from death, he would chose Narcisa over her in a heartbeat.

His face twisted into a feigned grimace of disgust, but Larisa’s purring was still far too much. Abaddon wasn’t sure why Kaya was so interested in their black sheep of a cousin, but he hardly cared. Nosiness rarely encouraged long life.

Abaddon was inclined to refuse Kaya’s offer. His brain still longed for some peace and quiet after his travels, but, best to get reintroductions over with. He made a grunt and a nod in response before turning away from the couple. Abaddon had half a mind to depart with something witty but he was already beginning to feel more sombre.

Jun 16, 2018 02:54 PM — Post #15

Showing page 1 of 3.

Please log in or register to reply to this thread.