Roleplay Forums | Map

When we go crashing down we come back every time
Pearl Isle | Early winter | Well before dawn | Light rain

Name Player
Kaya Silvano Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Kaya had never shied away from the nights, even during winter when they were chillier. She had grown up in the north, and this sort of chill was nothing compared to what she had endured.

It wasn’t the cold that had awoken her though. Quite the opposite. She strode through the treeline to the tiny spring and crouched to drink some of the bitingly, bracingly cold fresh water there. No use trying to hide herself away - she planned to go about her duties as normal. On an island this size, all the locals would soon know she was in heat. Perhaps she ought to seek Crixus out and let him know she might steal away to the mainland. She could continue to hunt for the slowly growing pack there. But then, would that attract some rabble she would simply have to see off - probably outright murder given the sway of emotions during her cycle?

She chuffed a misty breath into the predawn air speculatively. 

((I somehow think Kaya would kill me if she knew I’d just given her a Taytay thread title and it’s delicious.

Heat day 1))

Jun 21, 2018 08:46 AM

[ ignore ]
Name Player
Crixus Blanc Rainy Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

What’s better than a female in heat?

Two of ‘em!

Haha just kidding this was physically painful.

He had taken a short break from Larisa’s company and come across Kaya’s scent. Laced with.. oh good god. Too late now, he had to go find her and talk about this. She came into view relatively soon and he blinked the raindrops from his eyes before stepping near.

Jun 21, 2018 01:23 PM — Post #1

[ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
Name Player
Kaya Silvano Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Oh, Larisa was not going to be happy about this, and the she-wolf had behaved so sulkily since her return the thought gave Kaya some delight. She turned towards Crixus with a flick of her tail, blinking calmly at him with a small smile. This wasn’t the time a more physical greeting, even if secretly she would have enjoyed watching him squirm just a little.

“Surprised you’re still walking straight.” She teased, lewdly for her. “Other than the obvious, how are you Crixus?”

Jun 21, 2018 07:12 PM — Post #2

Name Player
Crixus Blanc Rainy Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Some part of him longed for the physical greeting that she was denying him, and his face was intent upon her. However well Larisa was keeping him occupied, he was an active male and Kaya was radiating quite the scent.

He was good enough at keeping his composure, though her little teasing joke startled a bark of laughter from him. Because apparently he was a masochist, he stepped a little nearer to her with his chin raised. Just in case she might want to extend her special greeting. You know. Casually and stuff.

“I am troubled, to be very honest, Miss Silvano,” he admitted. He hadn’t really intended to tell Kaya about his problems with Larisa.. but her current state was making the wheels in his head turn.

Jun 21, 2018 07:24 PM — Post #3

Name Player
Kaya Silvano Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Oh Crixus. He was asking for it, and the part of Kaya that was well aware that over six years old or not, still relished being an attractive she-wolf flourished. She sidled closer, smirking a little, but at least she stopped waving her tail. She’d wait another few moments to actually close the remainder of the distance, just in case he wanted to change his mind.

“Dear Mister Blanc, your problems are my own, and we shall overcome them together. Tell me what is on your mind.” One more step.

Jun 21, 2018 07:27 PM — Post #4

Name Player
Crixus Blanc Rainy Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

He was definitely asking for it. He could feel the saliva pool at the back of his mouth, tempting his mouth to water, but he swallowed inconspicuously. Larisa played more obvious games than this one.

“Sweet words,” he murmured, ear twitching distractedly. She stepped again, and he leaned forward slightly, resisting a step of his own- but only barely. His tail raised slightly- the barest approximation of a wag at her slow approach. “It has come to my attention that Larisa and I do not have the understanding I believed,” he said, almost loathe to talk of his mate now. For.. some reason. Also she was being a hugely oversensitive bitch and he was getting a bit annoyed with it.

Jun 21, 2018 07:34 PM — Post #5

Name Player
Kaya Silvano Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

She winced in clear regret, her ears swiveling to face backwards. “Go on, Crixus. Is she still hung up over her sister’s crimes?” He wouldn’t have stood for denying him her body when she was in heat, Crixus simply wasn’t the type for that. Given he was still encouraging her forwards, Kaya stepped forwards to close the last of the distance, and she reached smoothly but unhurried for the bottom of his muzzle. A quick, painless glance of her teeth against his jawbone was what she aimed, the traditional greeting. 

Best not to linger, not too long. She was a sympathetic listener today of course, and not intending to rile him up.

((A note she gave Crixus plenty of time to move away and if he changes his mind he can easily avoid the greeting ritual :)))

Jun 21, 2018 07:49 PM — Post #6

Name Player
Crixus Blanc Rainy Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

His tail stilled where it was, half-mast, so to speak. “That, and other things. Narcisa has poisoned her mind, no doubt- that, or I was too hasty in allowing her such a place at my side.” That could be remedied, if her attitude continued. He wasn’t going to put up with her snappish new personality for long.

“I mentioned something about our future pups, and she gave me the impression that she will not allow me access to deal with any..” he sneered slightly, trying to think of a way to put it delicately. ”..Problems.”

Hopefully Kaya would take that well enough.

He stiffened again when she closed the distance and performed the greeting she had so thrown him off with before- but this time he didn’t wait for her to offer her jaw in return, and ducked his own head to grasp hers, should she allow, taking the opportunity to breathe deeply while he did it.

Jun 21, 2018 07:57 PM — Post #7

Name Player
Kaya Silvano Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Kaya tsked sympathetically over this news, but when he spoke of not being allowed to deal with any problems her face twisted into an outright scowl.

“This is unacceptable, Crixus. You are trying to build something of worth here, with our pack. Any children that bear your Blanc bloodline must do you, and us all, proud.” She insisted regally. 

She tilted her head willingly to allow him access to her own jaw, not minding the pinch of teeth int he slightest, though she would be lying if it didn’t ignite a certain excitement from the physical contact. Her body craved it, but she was master here. She wasn’t about to go groveling at Crixus’ paws for a quick fling. 

He wasn’t the one she had her eye on, anyway.

Jun 21, 2018 08:01 PM — Post #8

Name Player
Crixus Blanc Rainy Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

He held a little longer than necessary, lingering there. The timing may have been inconvienent.. or maybe it was the opposite. He wasn’t quite sure.

“I agree with you,” he said after a pause, pulling back but staying a little closer than he likely should have for his own comfort.

He was seeking her council, here, but other parts of him wanted to seek more than that. “Do you intend to bear young in the spring, Miss Silvano?” he asked. It might have seemed like a change of subject- but he was getting somewhere with this.

Jun 21, 2018 08:18 PM — Post #9

Name Player
Kaya Silvano Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Yes, she had expected him to - and it presented a problem though. If she backed him up with Larisa, she would only hold more of a grudge against her, and that would not do. Crixus needed the pack to be united, and Larisa was behaving like a spoiled child - again. She hummed thoughtfully, not setting the topic aside fully, but taking the opportunity when it presented in the from of the question.

“If you had asked me before we really got to know one another, I would have said no. But being around you Crixus has reminded me the pride of my own family name. And you are of course offering a place of stability and protection to raise worthy offspring in, to truly teach them the ideals we both believe in. Yes, I am considering adding some young Silvanos to your ranks.”

She paused, and flashed a toothy, meaningful smile at him. “Of course, they wouldn’t only be Silvanos.”

Jun 21, 2018 08:25 PM — Post #10

Name Player
Crixus Blanc Rainy Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Crixus tucked himself into a sit, curling his tail around the side of his haunch to listen to her with a stoic expression. He was interested to hear that she implied he was of some influence, though he wasn’t entirely sure what to think of this. He was not, after all, the only male on the island, and Kaya had never made any moves toward him that would suggest she might want to.. well.

“We should count ourselves quite fortunate that you might bless us with such wolves,” he said carefully. “Who, may I ask, do you look to to sire them?”

Jun 21, 2018 09:15 PM — Post #11

Name Player
Kaya Silvano Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Oh so cautious. She was controlled enough not to resist to laughing out loud, knowing he wouldn’t take it well.

Part of her though did wonder - would Crixus? If she encouraged him? She had no romantic feelings towards him, but romance had never been paramount, not for Kaya Silvano. And Crixus had so many benefits.

“It’s Dragomir I want.” She licked her lips just thinking of it, and her eyes gleamed in satisfaction as her imagination painted her vibrant pictures (thank you, winter). “I would settle for little less than somebody like him, and I have reason to believe he may be agreeable. Quite aside from his many merits as a virile father, it gives you and I a rather unique advantage for the pack’s future.”

Jun 21, 2018 09:20 PM — Post #12

Name Player
Crixus Blanc Rainy Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Dragomir. He should have guessed as much- her praise of him had been quite good, though he hadn’t realized that the wolf was quite that good at making an impression. He nodded, thoughtfully, but it was clear that there were plenty of thoughts swirling in his mind. “Miss Silavno, I ask now that you will hear me out and know that my proposition comes from both a place of respect and a tactical need.”

He waited for a moment before continuing. “Dragomir himself is quite a wolf, and I will not discount his personal ability. In fact, I quite like him, which, I admit, is not something I am inclined to say about just anyone.” He quirked a lip.

“However, you have witnessed the lack of stablility of the Negrescu line. I would that you would have the best genetic potential for this litter- but I am not entirely selfless in my hopes. For my mate, too, is Negrescu, and I fear my only genetic contribution being watered down by not just her family’s potential weaknesses, but my concerns about Larisa’s irrational attachment to the idea of allowing and wasting resources on those who do not suit what we are looking to promote.”

He waited, again, then, “Court Dragomir. Take him to your side as you may- but allow me to sire your litter, Miss Silavno. He need not know that the offspring he protects are not his own.” That would certainly promote loyalty.

// vomits profusely

Jun 21, 2018 09:39 PM — Post #13

[ Edited: Jun 21, 2018 09:41 PM by Crixus ]
Name Player
Kaya Silvano Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Well.

Well!

Kaya was not prone to hasty decisions. Certainly, since the days she had met Dragomir, she had been putting her plans into place, thinking of every little possibility. But her foremost reaction to Crixus’s proposition was one of delight, and her grin held a certain smugness, though she knew better than to interrupt.

So he did want her. To what end was not particularly an issue for Kaya. She was not chasing happily ever after, or if she was, her perception of it was likely very, very different to most.

“I’m flattered, dear Crixus, to know you think so well of the Silvano line.” She spoke only after a minute’s deliberation. “It would give me great pleasure to allow you to sire a litter of mine, to see Blanc-Silvanos in the world, for what a mixture they would prove. However, we must approach this tactically, for both you and I know there is more at stake than merely the next generation.”

She took a breath, swiftly composed her thoughts in an orderly fashion.

“Think of the positives of allowing me Dragomir as a mate. It would cement his loyalty to me over Larisa and if it came to it, Narcisa, though so far he has shown far more brains than to be influenced by the latter. Loyalty to me means loyalty to you and the pack. If your mate really does prove a problem, Dragomir may be the best ammunition we have to ensure she stays compliment.

Furthermore, if you and I were caught, it would bring about dissent and possible desertion from not only Larisa, but potentially your brother as well. I know you desire Abaddon at your side but as it stands now he is barely tolerating my presence here, and he would be a better ally than enemy. Two more positives for me to favour Dragomir, for the overall good of our future.

Lastly Crixus - you must think long term here. You and I are not the youngest of wolves, and our work here ought to be carried on by our future generations. Offspring of yours and Larisa would be loosely related to offspring of myself and Dragomir, but distantly enough that so that come the winter after next, they can be paired, at least one set ought to be. That gives us time, over a year of it, to explore other suitable bloodlines permissible to cross into our pack, into our own blood. Or for us two to simply try next year ourselves in conjunction with this plan.”

((What the hell am I meant to do with these two supremacists seriously))

Jun 21, 2018 09:55 PM — Post #14

Name Player
Crixus Blanc Rainy Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Of course she was flattered. He couldn’t help but also be, when she grinned in response to his words. At first, he thought she was about to agree- but of course there was a but to this situation. Despite not really wanting to hear it, he had selected Kaya as a counsellor for a reason, and he had enough control of himself to listen to her thoroughly.

Somewhere along the way, he began to think of it in more of a scholarly way than an emotional one. He agreed with her point on taking Dragomir as a mate- and indeed, he had not ever disagreed with that. It was most advantageous, in fact.

The issue of being caught was certainly a concern, but not too much of one. Who was there to prove it, when a swim across the bay might wash away any incriminating evidence? No doubt Kaya and Crixus regularly smelled of each other in general, for they spent a reasonable amount of time in close quarters discussing things and hunting and the like. However, he nodded again. It was something to keep in mind.

Her last point was the one he wanted to touch on- neither were young, that was true. “Forgive me, your age is no business of mine, but what if this should be your final litter? Or even mine. We cannot guarentee that this opportunity would come again,” he said lightly.

“Your point of combining the bloodline in a future generation is a good one, and I support that thinking- however, think of this. To mate my son to your daughter, if you will, would still result in half a Negrescu, and only one quarter to each of our own bloodlines. I do maintain that the superior pup may just result from our own mix despite the closeness of the Negrescu family to my own. Of course, the secondary paring of mine and Larisa’s offspring to yours and Dragomir’s might be attempted again, should we have the option next winter.”

His tone was not the least bit argumentative, but purely conversational and utterly in keeping with some geneticist looking over a lineage document and taking note of pros and cons. Had he glasses, he might have pushed them further up his nose.

// PUT THEM IN JAIL omg

Jun 21, 2018 10:11 PM — Post #15

Showing page 1 of 2.

Please log in or register to reply to this thread.