Roleplay Forums | Map

I can’t be nobody else but if I could would you love me then
[summons] Falcon Rise | FB/SC meeting | Somewhat backdated what are timelines anyway | With Eyja, Calling Covenant

Name Player
Natasha Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
helper profile

Beside her leader Natasha trekked up the Rise, huffing in annoyance at the way her breath shortened in the thinner air up here. It would have been hard to find a more active yearling than Natasha, but she was used to the low altitudes she’d grown up in. 

Once the faint oddness passed her she turned to Eyja. “Damn. Aaliance really are gone - guess there goes my chance to talk to Poet.” She grumbled. “I only smell a couple of them lingering, and neither are him… guess he’ll turn up somewhere.”

She didn’t like all this openness up here. It also made her grumpy to be here in the first place, remembering the last time when Castor was with her, marveling at the precious mountains so close by. She swore not to miss him. He’d left her the way half the wolves in her life had. She’d let him in, let him get closer than maybe anyone else ever had.

Gone. Just up and deserted the pack one day. Deserted her. She was done with getting close to wolves. She would stay tough and guarded, and ensure that her priority was, as it always had been, her precious pack.

“We can call for the Covenant, see if they’re here yet.” She told Eyja, then lifted her muzzle and howled her clear, no-nonsense call into the wide open skies. 

((I think this is meant to take place late Autumn given Effie set it up for after her mountain visit but we wibbled decided offscreen who was coming and staying form the Brotherhood so aaaah what are timelines anyway. Everyone just fit it in theirs where it works!

Jay and Althea have been noted to have remained in the general area so they are the fresher scents Nat noticed!

Let me know post order preference I will roll with whatever everybody wants totally chill!))

Jun 21, 2018 09:47 AM

[ ignore ]
Name Player
Relic Aureum Erin
Achievements (?)
1year 2mos 6mos 100posts 250posts otm profile

Just as he’d promised, Relic began making his way to the summit of the mountains to meet with the Brotherhood leaders. After their previous meeting with Effie, Bea came to Relic to ask if she could join him at their designated meeting place when the time came. Naturally, Relic was inclined to have Bea at his side the entire trip. It had been a while since the two spent some time together without the fear others may interrupt or overhear.

The two had no issue with silence. The entire trip down to the rise was pleasant enough with all the background noise and meaningless words would only taint the setting. There also wasn’t much time to have a heart-to-heart about Stephan or the pups again. Or any other member of the Covenant that may be experiencing issues.

Relic walked slower than normal to accommodate Bea’s more elderly, but no less elegant, pace. When he heard a call in the far distance, his ears perked up and his eyes glued themselves over the span of golden grass that swayed in front of them. “It seems they beat us there,” he said wryly before his lips twisted into a pleasant grin. He liked punctuality, though he didn’t so much like that they didn’t beat them there.

As they walked, the timber decided to throw out his own responding howl to let them know they were near.

|| Arriving in one round. I’m also find with any kind of posting order! (: ||

Jun 22, 2018 10:12 AM — Post #1

[ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
Bea is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Bea Rainy Staff

Bea let Relic deal with the howling, but her eyes crinkled in amusement when he mentioned the other pack having beat them here. “I’ve always heard that its quite fashionable to arrive just a bit late,” she joked. Normally she was punctual enough, but she wasn’t going to go rushing around places. It was possible to arrive in a dignified enough manner this way.

She found herself rather enjoying this journey- unlike any sort of travel with the pups, Relic didn’t chafe at her slightly slower pace, and simply seemed to accept or accommodate it. Additionally, there was no tension in the silences that would lapse between them. They simply were at ease and content to be.

Looking forward to seeing Effie again after a short acquaintance with her at the Basin, Bea’s tail swayed gently behind her and her expression was pleasant as they approached.

Jun 22, 2018 01:57 PM — Post #2

Name Player
Eyja Jeames
Achievements (?)
None yet!

[Just getting this in here.]

They walked in silence for the longest time. Eyja was quiet because she was thinking. They were meeting up with wolves of the Covenant, and Eyja wondered how it would go. She was a little nervous, but did not want to let it show. When Natasha spoke, Eyja looked at her, ears swirling on top of her head for a moment. ’’Yeah, it’s a shame. I remember being here once, nearby, and the place was full of scents.’’ she told Natasha. She had never really met much of the Alliance. Just Atlas and one wolf who had helped her with directions. Shade, if she remembered his name correctly.

As they arrived at their destination, Natasha went to howl. Eyja wanted to join in, kind of, but she would leave this to Natasha. She would remain quiet, for now. She watched their surroundings, listening.

Jun 24, 2018 04:48 AM — Post #3

Name Player
Natasha Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
helper profile

Natasha nodded at that. “I remember thinking when I first visited here how much bigger the Alliance was than the Brotherhood.” She paused, recalling being impressed by their two territories. “Guess bigger doesn’t mean better. Or more enduring.” It wasn’t really a criticism of their old allies, just a typically blunt Natasha observation.

“Ah, I hear voices. That’s Relic.” She said with surety when he howled, jaws parting to taste the air. She then let out a few barks to guide Relic and the unknown female he’d brought with him their way and let them know everything was in order.

She wanted to get this meeting underway and get back down to flat land. She hated heights. 

((Loose posting order also good with me))

Jun 24, 2018 07:12 AM — Post #4

Name Player
Relic Aureum Erin
Achievements (?)

Relic smirked at Bea’s expectedly lowkey sassy statement, chuckling lightly. “I suppose you could look at it that way,” he agreed. It was nice how Bea always kept a smile on Relic’s face.

Through the tall golden grasses they walked. Before long a reciprocating call was heard, this time closer due to the distance they’d covered between his call and now this one. They were at the base of the rise, that much was clear. Relic and Bea had a bit more ground to cover.

But, eventually, he spotted two blobs at the foot of the old Alliance territory and they were rapidly growing larger. With careful steps, Relic guided Bea down the slope though the rise was no concern of ambling for mountain-faring wolves. Still, Bea had older bones and Relic couldn’t not worry even minorly about her.

“Hello, there,” he called out with a grin once within good hearing range.

Jun 24, 2018 10:44 AM — Post #5

Name Player
Bea Rainy Staff

To her mild disappointment, Effie did not seem to be here after all. She smiled, anyway, at the two females she did not know, dipping her head in greeting. “Good day,” she said brightly, looking between the two.

Jun 26, 2018 07:54 AM — Post #6

Name Player
Eyja Jeames
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Eyja nodded, thoughtful. ’’Bigger indeed doesn’t mean better. A pack needs to have stability, and the members need to be able to rely on each other. That makes a strong pack.’’ she told Natasha, eyes staring at two blobs that seemed to come their way, coming closer. The two blobs turned out to be wolves.

As they arrived and got more at conversation distance, Eyja noticed it were an older female and a younger male. The two greeted them politely, and Eyja smiled. They seemed nice. And since Eyja wasn’t alone here, she felt at ease. ’’Hello.’’ she greeted back, with a dip of her head.

’’Eyja, of the Firewing Brotherhood.’’ she introduced herself, and then looked at Natasha. She didn’t know these wolves yet, right? Unless Eyja had missed something.

Jun 26, 2018 10:38 AM — Post #7

Name Player
Natasha Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
helper profile

Natasha agreed with that. There had been SO many wolves around here last time, but aside from Atlas and Athena, she hadn’t been impressed with many Alliance wolves she’d encountered.

She was all business when she spotted Relic, who called out with a cheery grin, and a more reserved but clearly friendly older wolf who somehow reminded her of Effie although they looked nothing alike.

“Good to see you again Relic, and nice to meet you Ma’am.” Natasha pulled out her best manners, dressed to impress. “I’m Natasha, Second of the Firewing Brotherhood. Effie sends her regards to your pack, she stayed at home to run things in Eyja and I’s absence.”

She probably had Theodore and his calming influence to thank for that professional-sounding speech but she thought mentioning Effie, who had arranged this whole thing in her capable way, sounded particularly good. Who said she couldn’t be diplomatic? 

Jun 26, 2018 04:35 PM — Post #8

Name Player
Relic Aureum Erin
Achievements (?)

Relic returned the dip as the Brotherhood wolves greeted them in return. Natasha explained the reason behind Effie’s absence, which was understandable. “Not to worry. I appreciate both of you coming at all.” They could have easily backed out of the entire thing last second, though Relic wouldn’t be sure why that would happen. He had no reason to be upset and he was glad to meet the wolf he assumed was leading the Brotherhood overall.

“I apologize we made you wait as long as we did. There were a couple members we were waiting to return before addressing the alliance altogether.” Even though, technically, they didn’t have to wait too much longer after their initial meet with Effie. Relic was simply a punctual wolf.

“How fares the Brotherhood these days?” An attempt at small talk, nothing more. Marbled gaze flicked between the two with the grin never leaving his face.

Jun 26, 2018 08:31 PM — Post #9

Name Player
Bea Rainy Staff

“A pleasure to meet you, Ejya, Natasha. My name is Bea.” She smiled at them both and then listened through Relic’s pleasantries. She would remain silent and interested unless addressed specifically.

// feel free to skip!

Jun 27, 2018 04:54 PM — Post #10

Name Player
Eyja Jeames
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Well then, Natasha was really really polite, and Eyja was glad about that. She had heard the story of her and Catrine’s conversation, so she was happy there was nothing negative linked to the Covenant. Natasha explained why Effie wasn’t here, leaving Eyja to talk about other things.

She looked between the two wolves. Relic and Bea, both of the Covenant.

’’The Brotherhood is doing good.’’ she answered with a smile. They did better than a while back, at least. ’’We’ve got a few new members since the start of winter.’’
She wasn’t sure if those who joined would stay after winter, but she would make sure to ask them, when she got back.

’’Can you tell me more about the Covenant?’’ Eyja asked, after a little bit. She was curious. Natasha surely had not told her everything.

Jun 29, 2018 03:38 AM — Post #11

Name Player
Natasha Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
helper profile

Natasha just shook her head at the apology. “We haven’t been here long.” She assured Relic. Bea introduced herself with equal manners, though Natasha found herself a little disappointed not to see Astred. She had quite liked the older she-wolf. She nodded along with Eyja’s answer and fell into a sit, flicking her tail out behind her and looking to Relic to listen to his answer.

Jun 29, 2018 05:13 AM — Post #12

Name Player
Relic Aureum Erin
Achievements (?)

Apparently, the Brotherhood was attracting new members in preparations for the winter season, as well. Their location was a good place to take up refuge in, whether temporarily or permanently.

Cutting right to the chase, Eyja inquired about the Covenant with a fairly broad question. He supposed he’d answer it with the more important statistics and she could ask more precise questions after if he didn’t cover anything.

“We have a solid base of members with at least one filling each rank. All adults and two pups who have been working on their hunting and fighting,” he paused briefly, a small smile creasing into his lips as he thought of how quickly Anna and Claes were growing. “Currently, we have no outside threats and there has been a steady influx of interest and new members over the seasons, more or less.” That was most of the important statistics as far as he was concerned.

Jun 30, 2018 07:49 PM — Post #13

Name Player
Eyja Jeames
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Relic spoke of the Covenant, and Eyja listened. It was not really an answer she had expected, though, it was an answer nonetheless. She guessed she would have to ask more specifically. He had mentioned ranks. “So you work with ranks.” she commented, more to herself then anyone else, to be honest. She smiled. It was interesting, to learn more about a pack that was different from your own. So far, Eyja had only been part of packs that did not have a real ranking system.

The Guard had had a Protector, of course. Didn’t their leader and… Korsteel share the same rank? And then there was her, she had been a Priestess. And the others had been called Worthy. Yeah. And it was kind of the same with the Brotherhood, though with different names. “Everyone only works for the rank they signed up for, our do they tend to help out in different fields, now and then?” She was literally curious about that.

She wondered if the Covenant considered each other family, just like the Brotherhood did.

Jul 01, 2018 01:56 AM — Post #14

Name Player
Natasha Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
helper profile

((Skip her, she’s just observing this round!))

Jul 01, 2018 07:11 AM — Post #15

Showing page 1 of 3.

Please log in or register to reply to this thread.