Roleplay Forums | Map

répondez s’il vous plaît
[summons] crixus and/or co., all welcome | moonrise bay | early winter | mid-morning, light rain

Felicity is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Felicity Silvano Jill

Felicity took pride in her discerning nose, for never had it failed her. Following the scent of brine to the west had been a veritable breeze. The cliffs north of the woods, molded into a stony embrace, opened to the sea. Just as Crixus promised.

What she was less pleased about was the salt. It saturated the air, clogged her nose, stung her eyes. And though she had yet to set a paw into the water’s shallows, she suspected a tackiness had already begun to settle into her pristine coat upon her arrival.

The male had seemed so forthcoming, his proposition so full of potential, but this place was… miserable.

She spent some minutes pacing the shoreline in the rain, loosening her muscles and the deep tension in her expression, which had surely resulted from her disdain for the sea. It would not do to approach the wolf who’d graciously offered her something of value with a wrinkled muzzle and thin eyes. After a time, the odor of the ocean grew more tolerable, and she’d successfully acclimated herself to the sand, having been so unused to walking upon a malleable surface.

Then, and only then, did she lifted her muzzle to release a song into the sky.

Felicity had forgotten the names of the other wolves Crixus mentioned, for they’d been absent at the time—and she’d been unable to impress a face upon her memory to match to their monikers. No matter. Knowing one was enough, for certainly any denizen of the bay would be able to point her in his direction if he himself did not show.

It had been a while, after all, since their meeting last. Who knew if he was even in the area still?

Jun 22, 2018 12:20 AM

[ ignore ]
Crixus is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Crixus Blanc Rainy Staff

It was true that the greys of winter and the seemingly constant rain, drizzle, or sprinkle was casting a rather unpleasant glow on the bay, but Crixus didn’t mind too much. It kept other wolves from trying the crossing, and there were fewer visitors around to scare off prey, which meant he didn’t need to go so far from the island.

Crixus’s mind was troubled, as usual, but he was on his way back from a trip to the moose he and Kaya had brought down, carying a tattered bit of shoulder, when the call went up. He was just coming over the cliff that formed the bowl down into the beach, and picked up his pace until she came into view.

He hadn’t expected to see her- not really. Initially he’d had some hope, but when weeks passed by with no word of her, he had decided she had either moved on or found what she’d been looking for. Despite, or perhaps because of this, his face was genuinely pleased as he drew near and placed the bundle of meat and hide on the ground nearby. “Felicity, it’s lovely to see you,” he greeted.

Jun 22, 2018 07:57 AM — Post #1

[ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
Name Player
Felicity Silvano Jill

Crixus was, apparently, still in the area. Felicity was aware of what valuable time she saved in having the fortune of meeting with the man himself, rather than being forced to seek out who would surely be some mind-numbing middleman. Ozias was still waiting for her near the lake, she thought with a pang of feminine, amorous longing. She was eager to cut to the chase.

She turned her pretty head to catch sight of the burly male descending the cliffs and waited, with subdued impatience, for him to reach her upon the shore. A sway of her tail was offered in greeting, as well as a dip of her skull. He’d remembered her name, even received her warmly, and her expression brightened as a result.

“Crixus. Likewise.”

Her eyes scrolled briefly to the slab of meat he lowered to the sand. The sight made her wonder if perhaps his home was someplace close, if perhaps it could be glimpsed from the cliffs nearby. She presumed the food was being transferred to a larder.

“Forgive me for not seeking you out sooner. I made one final attempt at finding my brothers beyond the valley, and fear I am only just returning.” She breathed a chuckle before her cheery expression was arrested by one more sober. “I do hope your offer did not come with an expiration date?”

Jun 22, 2018 10:51 PM — Post #2

Name Player
Crixus Blanc Rainy Staff

His greeting recieved brightly enough, the male’s tail twitched slightly and he sat down, clearly at ease in this territory. He patrolled it often enough. “There is nothing to forgive, my dear,” he said kindly, assuming from her words that the search for her brothers had remained fruitless.

He had hoped this to be a relative that Kaya knew personally, but from his conversation with his second-in-command he had gleaned that not to be the case- still, she would be interested to meet her, if he could arrange it.

“Oh, certainly not, Miss Silvano,” it felt odd to use her surname here, so accustomed to attaching it to Kaya as he was, but it rolled off the tongue easily enough. “My offer stands- however, I’m afraid the weather has not made for the most hospitable welcome.” He wondered what this beauty would think of making the swim to the island.

Jun 23, 2018 09:13 AM — Post #3

Name Player
Felicity Silvano Jill

Nothing to forgive, he claimed. Felicity’s smile widened a touch at his benevolence. As he took a seat upon the sand, she loosened the tension in her muscles with a quick shake of her pelt, gave her nose a lick to clear it of rainwater—but otherwise remained on her feet.

The use of her surname took her slightly aback. For a brief moment, she questioned the appropriateness of her addressing him by his given name, but the thought was short-lived. He’d done as much to her when he approached her first. And, in any case, talk rounded quickly to the issue at hand, his self-proposed tour of his home, which she was glad to focus upon.

“That is wonderful to hear. And please, do not fret.” She offered him a beaming smile against the sodden weather. “Your kindly reception more than compensates for it.”

Her gaze darted to the slab of meat on the ground, before reverting to his own a breath later.

“Hopefully, I’ve not caught you at a poor time?” Was he in the middle of something? A shame it would be, if she found herself being shooed away today. She’d so looked forward to this.

Jun 25, 2018 12:42 AM — Post #4

Name Player
Crixus Blanc Rainy Staff

Crixus liked this female. She had all of the propriety of Kaya, with beauty that matched Larisa’s own. He returned her smile, and gladly so.

“It is never a poor time to be caught by one such as yourself.” He nudged the meat toward her in a silent offer, a slightly raised brow accentuating the invitation. The meat was still plenty fresh, though had long since lost any warmth.

“I would like to show you my home and introduce you to someone that you may find is of interest.” He glanced out over the bay- despite the drizzle, the water was calm enough. The swim would not be overly taxing, so long as she was fit. But, would she agree to it? Casting a look back at the visitor, he tilted his head slightly. “Tell me, Felicity, how would you feel about a bit of a swim?” The island was visible despite the greyness of the day. Perhaps she would put two and two together.

Jun 25, 2018 09:57 PM — Post #5

Name Player
Felicity Silvano Jill

One such as herself, he said. The statement was heavy with implication.

As was the slab of meat he offered her. She blinked and examined it, her smile shrinking into mildness but not disappearing outright. The gesture could have meant a hundred different things, and her young mind was quick to file through them all, finding many to be of interest.

Regardless of Crixus’ motivations, she would accept the food, knowing not to would have been the height of foolishness in this season. Reaching a paw forward, she dragged the gift closer to herself. It was a useful anchor against which she steadied herself when he revealed someone awaited her in his home.

“Thank you, Mister Blanc. My interest in your home was high at the start, but somehow, you’ve managed to raise it further.” A tilt of her head betrayed her curiosity. Whomever could he mean, that she ought to meet? Felix or Forrest was the most likely candidate, she thought.

Her gaze absently followed his out to the bay, noticing a silhouette against the dreary sky, but thinking little of it yet. “Sea water is, admittedly, not my favorite. But I would never turn down an invitation to swim.”

Perhaps he would embrace the knowledge, use it as incentive to impress her beyond her expectations. Not that he could possibly know to what standard she’d set them just yet.

Jun 25, 2018 11:26 PM — Post #6

Name Player
Crixus Blanc Rainy Staff

Glad to see her take the gift, he smiled at her expression of interest in his home. It was again a disappointment to know that Kaya and Felicity had never met- he would dearly love to give them a reunion that would increase the likelihood of Felicity to stay near, but perhaps the shared surname would be enough of a link for her, for now.

“One grows accustomed to it,” he said of the sea water. “Additionally you will be able to rinse the salt from your coat, if you wish, when we arrive.” He thought idly that he might even be happy to help with that, though he was making no such bold statements just yet.

He shifted somewhat, turning toward the bay and thereby settling himself at her side, then extended his muzzle slightly to her chin, hoping to steer her gaze in the direction of the island. “That is the Pearl- my home.” He looked to see what she would think of this information, intensely curious but managing overall to seem fairly nonchalant.

Jun 26, 2018 07:34 AM — Post #7

Name Player
Felicity Silvano Jill

so sorry for the wait, rainy. <3 we can bump this up/make it a touch more present-dated if it would work better for you & crixus’ timeline?

Felicity was not certain she’d ever grow accustomed to salt water. Too tacky upon her skin, too much of a damper upon her senses. Crixus, at least, clarified that she would be able to rinse the sea from her coat when they arrived. The knowledge begot a bob of her head.

A breath later, he stepped to stand at her side and touched his nose to her chin. Her eyes regarded him steadily through a sidelong glance. What a bold thing to do, when one considered they’d exchanged hardly more than a few sentences—but she found herself more curious than off-put in considering from where he summoned such brazenness.

His words guided her vision to the shape upon the water. At last, the silhouette was merited, as was the proposition of a swim. An island. A pearl. A home.

Her muzzle split into a grin. She would award him the description of clever.

“You spoke honestly, Mister Crixus.” Her pale eyes flicked back to watch him as before. “A well-protected home, indeed.”

Jul 11, 2018 01:13 AM — Post #8

[ Edited: Jul 11, 2018 01:16 AM by Felicity ]
Name Player
Crixus Blanc Rainy Staff

Crixus waited for Felicity to take note of the island, then nodded at her observations. “Shall we?” he asked, then, taking a few steps toward the water. If she would follow, he’d consider it the first test. Kaya would no doubt be pleased to meet her, should she make the crossing.

hey no worries, friend! present-dating works for me. sorry for shortnesss I am not feelin’ awesome/just trying to get through tags :D

Jul 13, 2018 02:39 PM — Post #9

Name Player
Felicity Silvano Jill

Crixus moved forward with purpose, dousing his paws in the icy ocean. Felicity allowed her gaze to linger on the defined ridges of his back for a moment prior to responding.

“Let’s.”

Bending her neck, she scooped the slab of meat into her jaws and secured a tight grip on it. The frigid shallows, as she followed the Blanc wolf into them, sent a tingle through her toes and along her spine.

Perhaps only his momentary closeness was to blame.

She breathed deeply, dismissing the tang of salt in her anticipation of the invigorating swim they were about to undertake to reach the Pearl.

Awww no I hope you feel better Rains <3 I’m good to fade this whenever if you wanna make a continuation!

Jul 13, 2018 10:43 PM — Post #10

Name Player
Crixus Blanc Rainy Staff

// ty friend <3 fade! here you go

Jul 14, 2018 11:48 AM — Post #11

Showing page 1 of 1.

Please log in or register to reply to this thread.