Roleplay Forums | Map

this summer

Name Player
Paloma del Sol Poe

She didn’t even know why she had bothered coming back, honestly.  There was nothing here for her just like there had been nothing for her back home.  Life was stagnant and frustrating.  Her jaw ached from grinding her teeth while she slept and, if she was correct, one of her back molars was chipped from stress.  The jagged surface frequently cut the back of her tongue, but she didn’t mind.  It seemed to be the only reminder that she was even still alive.

Paloma trotted slowly towards the creek and dropped onto her belly, admiring the water as it rippled from the slight breeze.  What she wouldn’t give to feel as though she had a purpose.  The she-wolf sighed and took a drink, feeling all sorts of self pity.

Jul 02, 2018 03:14 PM

[ ignore ]
Name Player
Amelie Sam Staff

Amelie had smelt the stranger before her eyes fell upon the she-wolf.

She had gone for a walk along the edge of creek. Her coat was dusty from the wastes’ sand and dirt. The desert wolf had taken a small break from her hunting excursions. Amelie was growing impatient with Kato’s recovery. Thoughts of doing something about it continued to swim through the depths of her mind. The motivation to enact on any of them had yet to come.

The stranger was a form of entertain she had been longing for a little while, now. She still preferred them away from the gorge, but anywhere else was acceptable. They usually kept moving, anyway.

Her tail was lifted halfway, swaying lazily.

“Where do you come from?” Amelie asked as she drew near. She skipped over any introductions. The girl was bored and aching for a story.

Jul 02, 2018 06:36 PM — Post #1

[ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
Name Player
Paloma del Sol Poe

Paloma considered her options.  Sleep?  Maybe.  That was definitely at the top of her list.  As far as being productive, well.. she wasn’t even sure where to start.  Her last efforts at finding a pack had been pretty fruitless and she wasn’t even sure if any would accept her this time around.  She hadn’t stuck around long enough to really investigate too thoroughly last time, though, so maybe this go-around she would explore a little further.  Effort.

Her tail wiggled a bit, the sound of approaching footsteps bringing her back into present.  How had she been so completely involved in her own thoughts she had missed her arrival?  Off to a great start, Pal.  Her ears perked forward at the abruptness of her question, head tilting marginally to the left.  “A several day journey to the west.  A place called Vida.”  It was intriguing to find someone else that seemed physically inclined to live in the desert.  “Where are you from?  Here?”  Here was a pretty sweeping generalization, she knew, but.. well, you know.

Jul 03, 2018 12:33 PM — Post #2

Name Player
Amelie Sam Staff

The west? Amelie’s head turned that way, where she knew the valley to be. Although, like the desert, perhaps it didn’t last that long before fading into some place called Vida. She didn’t understand why places needed names. Not everyone would know the name because the land couldn’t really introduce itself now could it?

Her head turned back to face the she-wolf.

“Yes,” Amelie said. “What brought you to here?”

Jul 04, 2018 07:56 PM — Post #3

Name Player
Paloma del Sol Poe

Paloma’s lips pursed thoughtfully.  Was she being studied like a science experiment?  The kid definitely didn’t seem too interested in an actual conversation—just a story.  Welp, she could play along with that.  “A war in my homelands.  My family is royalty.. or was.  A nearby pack waged war on us one night like cowards.”  She gazed off into the distance, a troubled look on her face.  Milk the angst.  “I came here for help.  My father told me there was someone here that could save us all, but I can’t find them.  More blood is spilled every moment I’m gone.”  Tragic, wasn’t it?

Jul 05, 2018 03:17 PM — Post #4

Name Player
Amelie Sam Staff

It was boring.

She couldn’t tell how waging war was cowardly. Wasn’t it usually the stronger wolf that had the power to do so? The coward was the one that would flee. It looked like this bitch was the one that fled, despite whatever excuse she decided to give to Amelie, a stranger.

“How does your father know that?” A someone. How annoyingly vague.

Jul 05, 2018 09:53 PM — Post #5

Name Player
Paloma del Sol Poe

“The prophecy.” She rose to her paws and paused a moment, eyeing the young woman.  “Is it not widely known?” Her accent hung thickly on each word.  The girl didn’t look amused and Paloma felt a twinge of pity; her life must have seen some treacherous times to be so damn melancholy.

Jul 05, 2018 10:50 PM — Post #6

Name Player
Amelie Sam Staff

Amelie blinked. The prophecy. Her brows furrowed contemplatively.

“It does ring a bell….” she said softly, still thinking, as if trying to remember something. “Can you remind me of it again?”

The desert wolf was dreadfully bored. She could have some fun in playing along with the mental bitch.

Jul 08, 2018 12:48 PM — Post #7

Name Player
Paloma del Sol Poe

Great.  Now she had to come up with a prophecy. 

“The prophecy of the chosen one.  A pelt as radiant as the sun, eyes like liquid fire.  The one who will come to drive away the darkness and cover the world with eternal light and happiness.  Ringing any bells?”

Cool.  At least she could pull a story out of her ass.  Add that to the resume.

“He’ll have a sun marking right here on his chest,” she said, gesturing to her own.

Jul 13, 2018 04:15 PM — Post #8

Name Player
Amelie Sam Staff

Radiant pelt, liquid eyes, eternal light and happiness. She might vomit. Sad and mental.

Oh! With a fucking sun on his chest, too.

“I might have seen him,” Amelie said. “Sunny pelt, he lives around the hills, west of here. His name is Sun-something. I can lead you to where the hills start and you can tell me more.”

The desert wolf pivoted to point her body in the right direction. There was a smile on her dusty face.

Jul 15, 2018 09:34 PM — Post #9

Showing page 1 of 1.

Please log in or register to reply to this thread.