Roleplay Forums | Map

Blue Reflection of Dreams
[continuation, summons] Continued from Fossil Butte - Summoning Lyra - [AW]

Brynn is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Brynn Awbrey Jeames

They had been walking for some time now and Brynn was getting tired and cranky. He had completely lost track of time, but that was because wolves did not know time. With a sigh he pouted at Ryd and Echo, an annoyed look on his face.
’‘How far stilllllll?’‘ he asked impatiently. Brynn walked in the very back, due to him being way too tired to even move any further. But then he stopped in his tracks, and smelled the air around him. Something had caught his attention, something very interesting. Something exciting.
It smelled like wolf around here; a lot of wolves, a pack?  Was this the territory of those Starfall Cadre wolves Echo and Ryd belonged with? Would Brynn belong here, too?
Brynn started walking again, this time faster; the further he ran after the two wolves, the stronger the scent became; many wolves. A lot of wolves. Out there somewhere.
’‘We’re here, aren’t we?’‘ Brynn asked, quite excited, but also quite nervous. He began to run even faster, going up a hill. His paws kicked up sand and pieces of grass as he passed Echo and Ryd in his hurry. The male came to a stop on top of the hill and his eyes widened; there was a whole lake in front of them, a huge one. Bright blue water, as far as the eye could see. Well, not as far as the eye could see, but it sure was a long way.

’‘Aaah! Ahahahahahahahah! It’s a lake! A huge lake! I love it! Oh wow! I love it!’‘ Brynn said with excitement as he started jumping up and down, his tail wagging like crazy. He ran down the hill towards the lake, not really thinking, not waiting at all for Echo and Ryd. He was just so amazed by this all; he had never seen so much water before. Not all together like this.
Stopping near the edge he looked at his reflection, the water was so bright. A big smile crossed his face as he studied his appearance. ’‘Is that me? I look big. Guys, come look! You can see into the water, you can see yourself! It’s so cool!’‘
Brynn turned around, staring up the hill, waiting impatiently for Ryd and Echo. He was not cranky anymore at all; his annoyed feeling had completely disappeared and been replaced by a feeling he could not describe. It was far beyond happiness and excitement. He felt so free and strong, so happy.
’‘Hurry up! Come see, come see!’‘

(Lame first post in here but at least Brynn is excited, right? xD)

Nov 19, 2015 01:02 PM

[ ignore ]
Dakota is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Dakota Chern Ezek

Dakota had been contemplating this moment for the past few days. She wanted to seek help from the pack Ryd and Moon were both a part of, but neither of them viewed her as welcome. Grief had wracked her through and through. After Azazel turned her away she wanted to end her own life. However, she stopped herself. Was this really what she became? All because some stupid guy got her pregnant? Dakota wasn’t going to be a sad excuse of a wolf anymore.  So what if Ryd and that other female didn’t like her? The rest of the pack could end up liking her. Sure she made mistakes, but didn’t everybody? It was just a string of bad luck. With pups on the way, Dakota wasn’t going to give up.

So she padded her way carefully to the lake once more and spotted a brown wolf who seem overly excited. Dakota could hear him from where she was at. His voice seemed to match his excitement. Then that’s when she smelled the scent of Ryd and somebody else. Great. She thought. I wasn’t expecting her to be here. Although maybe she’d get another chance? The only way to find out was to try. So Dakota went over to the younger male and smiled. “Hello there, I don’t think I’ve smelled your scent around here before. Are you new?” she asked curiously. This guy was so overjoyed it seemed to be rubbing off on the cream coated wolf. Seeing his enthusiasm brightened her up and the girl ended up wagging her tail.

“The lake is beautiful isn’t it? I’ve been here before. It’s a nice place.” Dakota still didn’t know how Ryd was going to react after seeing her again. She just prayed that it wouldn’t be met with bitterness. There wasn’t really any other place to go besides the brotherhood, but first she wanted to give this place another try since she’d still be close to her brother.

Nov 19, 2015 07:15 PM — Post #1

[ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
Echo is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Echo Fao

They’d walked a lot to get here. Echo was used to walking, honestly, he’d done so much of it in the last year. But today for some reason… man, he was dragging. Maybe it was these damn energy leeches he kept company with. Speck was fine, she knew how to give as much as she took, really, but Junior…

Kid was a ball of rapidly firing nerves and cries of disbelief and joy.

He’d been impatient, that kid, but the moment he’d seen the lake he’d taken off like he’d not just walked the whole of the Hills and the forest before the Lake.  A long day, that, but his second wind came when he discovered the mirror-like qualities of this particular body of water.

“Coming, coming!” Echo called, trying to sound enthusiastic as he crested the slight rise that Brynn had gone over. Alright, there the kid was. And… well, who was this?

Echo sauntered up to the pair, knowing Ryd would be close at hand as well.  “Seen it all before, Junior. This is home for us, remember?”  He strode right up like he owned the place, and then planted a cool eye on the she-wolf.  “Not for you though, Cottontail.  You do realize you’re tresspassin’ on Cadre property, don’t ya?”

Despite his words, there was no accusation in his tone. Purely conversation as he regarded the stranger with a squint of his bad eye and as he came up on Brynn’s flank.  Brynn might not’ve smelled like this place, like a pack wolf, but he’d practically had an engraved invitation.  Couldn’t say the same of this pale lass right here.

Nov 20, 2015 10:53 AM — Post #2

Ryd is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Ryd Hal

Ryd held her place in front, because she was a leader, damnit, and she wouldn’t be swayed by the Brynn’s ceaseless whining. For a wolf that claimed to want to live in mountains, he was sure a wussy kind. How could he deal with all that climbing if he couldn’t even handle the gentle rolling hills?

Anyway, she’d kept her mouth shut most of the way due to a sudden mood swing that was not brought on by anyone present—until they came to the treeline, and then she brightened up again. As she wended a path through for them to follow, the excited male just about hopped right past her, disappearing over a hill through to the lake.

Ryd might have stopped to overtake him and make him wait patiently for Lyra, but she was pretty tired, having gone from here and back just in one day. Lotta work, even for someone as energized as her. Still she kept herself nice and quiet as she and Echo crested the hill together.

And then a scent hit her, and she her eyes followed. She bristled. Dakota.

Pregnant as ever, the she-wolf apparently had traipsed back in here, and was talking to the Brynn now too. Ryd approached, her expression suspicious. Why was she back here so soon? Was she trying to set up another to-be-failed ambush by Vandal?

Ryd snorted as she cantered up to the girl and Echo spoke to her first. For her part, she wouldn’t say anything, just eyed the girl with electricity in her eyes and sent up a rather brusque howl. Would Lyra come, this time?

Nov 20, 2015 07:23 PM — Post #3

Name Player
Brynn Awbrey Jeames

’‘Hello there, I don’t think I’ve smelled your scent around here before. Are you new? The lake is beautiful isn’t it? I’ve been here before. It’s a nice place.’‘ a sudden voice said and Brynn turned around to face this white coated female. She smiled at him and seemed very nice. Brynn couldn’t help but smile back, wagging his tail.
’‘Yeah, it is! And I’m not exactly new. Well, I guess I am, but… I’m not part of this pack. Are you?’‘ he asked her. A frown appeared on his face as he eyed her and smelled her scent. She definitely did not smell like the pack that lived here; she had her own scent, mixed with those of other wolves that didn’t belong with the pack. Was she a loner just like him, searching for a home, or checking out certain places?

’‘Coming, coming! Seen it all before, Junior. This is home for us, remember?’‘ the voice of Echo called somewhere behind him, and Brynn turned his head to see the male come down the hill and stood close near Brynn. His behavior changed as soon as he noticed the female wolf Brynn just had met. Echo was staring at her, he didn’t seem all too happy to see her. And his words made it clear even more as he addressed her. ’‘Not for you though, Cottontail.  You do realize you’re tresspassin’ on Cadre property, don’t ya?’‘
Brynn looked confused at Echo, wondering why he acted like this all of a sudden. It was just a female, and Brynn came to realize that she even was pregnant. He could smell it, and see her big belly. He hadn’t noticed it before, but now he did.
Looking to the side he saw Ryd come up now, as well. She seemed to be quite suspicious, eyeing the pregnant female with narrowed eyes, it looked like. Brynn could hear Ryd snort as she got close to them and kept her eyes on the female. Brynn was utterly confused by now, wondering what was going on, why they didn’t seem to trust this wolf
’‘What’s wrong guys? Why are you acting like this? She seems nice.’‘ Brynn said in disbelief and with a frown. Though, then he realized it might have to do with something. Something in the past, maybe? ’‘Did she do something bad?’‘

(Short ugly post but I gotta go soon to the theme park so eeeeh, I didn’t want everyone to wait)

Nov 21, 2015 02:09 AM — Post #4

Lyra is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Lyra Penumbra Wynter

[ y’all can assume she’s still a little ways away at this point. xD ]

Lyra would indeed come when called this time, like the good Keeper that she was. She didn’t miss Ryd’s howl this time, and when the girl sent up her call, the dark she-wolf left off of tracking a rogue’s trail- old enough that he was likely gone, though she’d wanted to make certain- but Ryd’s brusque howl wasn’t something she was going to put off. Lyra sent up a call of her own, though she was a short distance from the others. But it would make them aware that she was on her way as she made a quick beeline for the lake, moving easily across the undulating territory.

Lyra breathed in a number of scents ahead of her- not just Ryd, but Echo and two others that she didn’t know, one male, and one female. She broke through the treeline a few moments later and stepped onto the shore, spotting the others not far ahead of her, though she was too far from them to heard precisely what was being said. Lyra strode toward them, moving at an unhurried pace, unsmiling, head and tail raised as she made her way closer, keenly interested in what was going on.

She noticed the white wolf immediately- not one of hers, but a stranger, the scent said plainly. There was something about her odor that was familiar, and Lyra couldn’t help but be put on her guard a bit- the wolf was pregnant. Was this another breeding pair that wanted an audience with her, to seek refuge within the pack? Or was there something else going on here?

Nov 23, 2015 10:31 AM — Post #5

Dakota is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Dakota Chern Ezek

It hadn’t been long before the other two shown up. “I apologize for trespassing. I just wanted to think about if I really wanted to join.” That’s when Ryd came into the picture doing nothing but giving a rude snort and eyeing Dakota like she was a pile of crap that some other wolf had taken on somebody’s meal.

The excited male spoke in her defense. “What’s wrong guys? Why are you acting like this? She seems nice. Did she do something bad?” Dakota shifted her paws looking towards the ground. “You could say that.” Dakota hadn’t done anything as serious as Vandal, but she had been rude to Ryd who only wanted to offer her safety and a caring family that wouldn’t hesitate to care for her pups. It felt awfully wrong to be here. She hadn’t deserved this pack’s care.

“You know what? I don’t want to waste any of your time or start an argument. I know that my mate and I aren’t welcome here,” the mother didn’t want to start a fight and quickly got up to leave the area. What was done could not be fixed. There was still one last place she could try. Dakota bowed her head respectively to all of her company and tucked her tail submissively while leaving the area.

-exit Dakota-

Nov 24, 2015 01:40 PM — Post #6

Name Player
Echo Fao

Echo didn’t have the faintest idea what was up with the white girl.  Honestly, he hadn’t meant anything by the ‘trespassing’ comment, but his tone seemed to have been overlooked in favor of his words. Ah, well…

A glance at Ryd, as if she would explain, he realized she looked… annoyed?  Hard to tell. It was a face he’d not seen on his Speck before, and it tugged him into a tiny frown that was reflected by the water he stood so near with Brynn.

“What’s that about?” he asked her, bewildered.  He made no effort to make Cottontail come back—she was no worry of his—but it was still super bizarre. “She not like your face, Speck?”

Nov 24, 2015 03:10 PM — Post #7

Name Player
Ryd Hal

The soothing howl of Lyra’s response rose in the air, and Ryd allowed herself to relax a bit, though she was still a little annoyed by Dakota. And before she could even really answer any of it, Dakota suddenly decided, before allowing anyone a chance to respond or even for Lyra to reach them, that she should leave.

Again.

Ryd just about snarled in indignation at her retreating form. How many times was this female going to play this game of pop in and pop out?

She turned to the others, to the Brynn who had been worried, and to Echo who had no idea what was happening. “Her mate’s an enemy to our pack but he apparently abandoned her. She traipsed in here before and he tried to ambush us but ran off when Moon and I chased him. We tried to give her a place to stay and she acted like we were trying to make her a prisoner.” It was a pretty big insult, really. Ryd had wanted to try to convince Lyra to keep the girl safe here. Never mind the strategic reasoning Ryd had wanted her here too… ugh, whatever. Done was done, and she decided it was better to lighten the mood.

“Ya heard that howl before, Brynnie? That’s our Lyra. She’s the best Keeper ever.”

Nov 25, 2015 07:28 PM — Post #8

Name Player
Brynn Awbrey Jeames

’‘I apologize for trespassing. I just wanted to think about if I really wanted to join.’‘ the pregnant female said and Brynn smiled at her, innocently. However, after Ryd had come around and acted annoyed, and had asked what was wrong, the female’s behavior suddenly changed; she seemed sad. ’‘You could say that.’‘
Brynn wanted to say something when suddenly a howl from in the distance cut him off. He looked up in confusion; the howl was actually pretty close, like a wolf was coming their way. He frowned before looking back at the white coated female, wondering what was going to happen.
’‘You know what? I don’t want to waste any of your time or start an argument. I know that my mate and I aren’t welcome here.’‘ the female said and she left. She just left before anyone could say anything else.
’‘But… wait…’‘ was all Brynn said, his voice a soft whisper. There was a sad look on his face as he watched her leave. However, he couldn’t stay sad for long, as now confusion and curiosity took over. He looked at Echo and Ryd.

’‘What’s that about? She not like your face, Speck?’‘ Echo asked the annoyed female and Brynn nodded at her, as if he agreed with Echo’s question. Though, his nodding probably seemed quite out of place in this conversation. He didn’t care though. He had always been out of place, anyway. He wasn’t exactly your normal male wolf. He could consider himself quite dumb at times. He watched Ryd as she growled at the leaving female, until she popped out of sight. Brynn frowned again.
’‘Her mate’s an enemy to our pack but he apparently abandoned her. She traipsed in here before and he tried to ambush us but ran off when Moon and I chased him. We tried to give her a place to stay and she acted like we were trying to make her a prisoner.’‘ Ryd then said and Brynn frowned even more. All the frowning today.
He looked at Echo, wondering what he was about to say. But Ryd then addressed him, and Brynn’s head shot towards the female, eyeing her with confusion but interest as she spoke about the howl.
’‘Ya heard that howl before, Brynnie? That’s our Lyra. She’s the best Keeper ever.’‘ she said and Brynn nodded; this time nodding wasn’t out of place. He lifted his head at where the howl at come from and then back at Ryd.

’‘The Keeper? Is that like some sort of leader?’‘ he asked her with curiosity. His eyes shot back at the hill they had come down from and he bit his lip. He was becoming quite nervous; soon he would be standing face to face with a pack’s leader. What was he going to do about that? What if they didn’t like him, what if he didn’t want to be here, actually? ’‘I’m scared…’‘ he whispered softly, out of nowhere. His body was shivering slightly. He looked at Ryd and Echo, now quite panicking. ’‘Do I need to say something? How do I respond when I see them? What do I do???’‘

Nov 26, 2015 05:30 AM — Post #9

Name Player
Lyra Penumbra Wynter

Lyra wasn’t near enough to hear what transpired between the small group as she made her way closer to them, only able to pick up on the soft murmur of speech but unable to make anything out until she was closer. By the time she was within earshot of the others, something significant had already transpired between them, with one of their party leaving the gathering in something of a hurry. Lyra’s expression was one of mild bemusement as she neared the others, watching the white wolf as she took her leave and wondering what had made her take off so abruptly. Perhaps she hadn’t wanted to face the Keeper for some reason or another? Surely the wolf hadn’t missed her approach. Lyra flicked her torn ear, deciding she would hear soon enough what had happened from Ryd or Echo, increasing her pace to cover the short distance more quickly.

She could hear Ryd talking her up to the stranger, one corner of her mouth turning up in a small grin. Ryd was certainly enthusiastic, and despite joining the pack on a snap decision, she was every bit a part of it as the wolves who had been here from the start, and as loyal a wolf as Lyra could have wished for. She called the male she was speaking to ‘Brynnie’- a nickname, perhaps? She knew that Ryd and Echo had a penchant for that sort of thing, though she was rather glad that she seemed to have been left out of their little name game… for the time being, anyway.

The stranger was small, and Lyra could see that he was shivering. He said he was scared, unsure of himself, and she raised her brows slightly- whatever for? Nothing about his current situation indicated that he was in danger. She was reminded briefly of Reid, her nose twitching slightly as she thought of the odd male. She still didn’t know where he had gotten off to…

Was he trying to impress her, then?

Perhaps you should start by not collapsing into a quivering mess,” she said as she regarded the stranger under half lidded eyes, clearly unimpressed with his bearing. “Compose yourself, wolf.

She’d give him a moment to do so, looking away from the young male and toward her Cohorts, glancing first from Echo to Ryd, her gaze softening considerably.

What was that all about?” she asked, obviously referring to the wolf who had left. Now that she was here, Lyra could smell traces of the wolf- female, perhaps a loner… and pregnant. Hadn’t Ryd mentioned someone like that before…?

[ Hala, i figured Ryd would have mentioned Dakota at some point, but if not, i’ll edit~ ]

Nov 29, 2015 01:11 AM — Post #10

Name Player
Echo Fao

Ryd’s explanation of Cottontails’ behavior was… sufficient.  The dark wolf cocked an ear thoughtfully. Weird.  The Cadre was nothing if not perfectly nice in his experience, so someone thinking they were kidnapping them was a little bit out of the blue for him. But whatever. The pale female was gone, and now they had something better to occupy their minds with.

Lyra’s howl had been close, and sure enough, here she was. The Boss. The Best Keeper for certain. “Yeah, Keeper is our Alpha,” he explained to Junior as he trembled in sudden worry.

“Don’t fret so much,” he hissed through a grin at the smaller wolf as Lyra approached, and offered her own summation of much the same. 

But for the moment, it seemed Lyra wisely had something bigger to worry about than a scared but friendly newcomer.

“Dunno,” Echo piped in.  “We showed up, and she slinked off like we’d told her to get lost.  Kinda rude, I suppose.”

He stayed at Junior’s side, to give him a little moral support while they waited for pack business of odd trespassers to conclude.

Dec 04, 2015 07:01 PM — Post #11

Name Player
Ryd Hal

[Figure away!]

“Nothing important, just Dakota the Indecisive,” she answered with an insulted snort in the gone girl’s direction, referring back to her brief conversation with Lyra about Vandal’s abandoned paranoid mate. In a way, she still felt bad for her, and certainly for her future pups. But without any faith in Ryd’s intentions, nothing could convince the cream female to stay.

Ryd knew it wasn’t entirely Dakota’s fault - she could have tried being nicer, even with the insult, but she was heavily agitated, and too easily wrapped up in her own emotions. She almost felt like lashing out and stomping away like Moon would have… but she couldn’t bring herself to do it.

Pah. She looked to the Brynn, who was clearly still nervous. Rather than try to calm him down, she decided to take charge of the conversation between him and Lyra. “Lug and I found him in the south, beyond the hills. He seemed lost,” she said to her Keeper, introducing him for everyone’s benefit. “His name’s Brynn… and I think he needs a pack.” She looked to him then, hoping he was calm enough by now to pick up where she left off.

She wasn’t sure what he could bring in terms of being able to help the pack, but with so many capable wolves already, she didn’t know if it was so necessary for him to be a fighter or a hunter or a whatever-er. She wasn’t sure if Lyra needed some kind of exchange like that. She did know one thing, though - the Brynn liked to play.

“I think he’d make a good playmate for the puppies…” she mused aloud. All the wolves would, really… but he seemed to have that kind of friendly fun-loving personality that puppies flocked to.

Dec 04, 2015 07:45 PM — Post #12

Name Player
Brynn Awbrey Jeames

’‘Yeah, Keeper is our Alpha. Don’t fret so much.’‘ Echo said and Brynn looked at the male, nodding his head. He was still kind of nervous, but if Echo and Ryd stayed by his side and tried to help him, then maybe he would be fine.
Then the wolf appeared the two called their Keeper; a female wolf, one ear slightly bent. Brynn looked at the wolf and started shivering again. He wasn’t afraid of the wolf itself, he was afraid of making a fool out of himself, and being judged by it. Brynn was innocent and playful and often didn’t seem to care about what others thought of him, but actually he did; he found it a great deal what others thought of him. Especially at this moment, when his life probably was about to change. A lot.

’‘Perhaps you should start by not collapsing into a quivering mess. Compose yourself, wolf.’‘ their leader said and she talked to him in this kind of harsh tone, her eyes sort of narrowed at Brynn. The male swallowed and looked nervously at Echo, but soon the conversation went over to the female wolf that had only just left, their Keeper asking who it had been and what had happened. Quickly Ryd responded and for a moment Brynn felt forgotten. It felt kind of good actually. But not long after the conversation about the left wolf had ended, their attention went back to Brynn, and Ryd explained everything.
’‘Lug and I found him in the south, beyond the hills. He seemed lost. His name’s Brynn… and I think he needs a pack.’‘ she said and Brynn nodded eagerly, too afraid to say anything. Though, was he really looking for a pack already? He was too afraid to open his mouth at the moment, scared it might blow his chances for anything.
’‘I think he’d make a good playmate for the puppies…’‘ Ryd then said and Brynn looked at her with big eyes and quite the amazement. He started jumping up and down, excited.
’‘There are puppies? Oh cool! I love puppies! Can I see them? Can I? Can I?’‘ he said excitedly, completely forgetting about what he had to do, why he was actually here. All on his mind right now was the puppies Ryd had mentioned.

Dec 05, 2015 04:37 AM — Post #13

Name Player
Lyra Penumbra Wynter

Lyra looked in Echo’s direction as he offered a response to her inquiry, though it was obvious he didn’t really know why the white wolf had left, either. It was Ryd who offered an explanation, which was succinct, but it was enough. Lyra had learned of the white female from Ryd, finding her behavior to be… odd, at best. She chose to walk away from them, pregnant, perhaps in need of assistance… it was a time in a female’s life when they could use the assistance of a pack, and Dakota had chosen instead to leave. Lyra was tolerant, and she would help where she could… but one couldn’t help a wolf who didn’t want it, and Lyra wasn’t going to waste her time going after the wolf. She’d found herself a beau during winter, perhaps she’d find another who would take care of her. Lyra didn’t bother glancing in her direction as she left, not so much as shaking her head at the girl.

In a moment, she was forgotten. Lyra turned her attention back to the small stranger as Ryd introduced him. She and Echo had found him out in the hills and had brought him back to the Cadre… she said he’d seemed lost. Lyra did not take her eyes off the male, who nodded eagerly along with what Ryd was telling her. The young Cohort had a suggestion- that Brynn could be a playmate for Calamity’s puppies. And from the way he grew excited and started jumping up and down at the mention of them, Lyra’s ears pulled back slightly, and she regarded him with slightly narrowed eyes. She seemed more bemused than anything. He was here to seek entrance to the pack, and in a meeting with its leader, he seemed to think that making a fool of himself was acceptable.

He seemed childish in a way that Lyra found she did not like, and at her age, simply could not abide- it was unbecoming of a wolf his age to show behavior that was better suited to a youngster. From the scent and sight of him, he was close to Ryd in age, and though she and Echo could certainly goof off at times, they at least seemed capable. Perhaps she was simply a product of her upbringing- wolves in her father’s pack who behaved as he did, especially at his age, were prime targets for harassment.

Act your age, boy!” she snapped irritably as he bounced in place, without raising her voice much above what was typical for her. The fur along her spine bristled slightly- he’d gotten under her skin. If he couldn’t behave himself here, then what would he be like later on?

Playmate for the pups aside, I need to know you’ll be capable of taking care of yourself and supporting the pack in some meaningful way before I can allow you into the Cadre.

She didn’t bother answering his question about the pups. Her gaze was on the smaller wolf, staring down at him expectantly. Ryd and Echo had done what they could, and now it was time to him to speak for himself.

Dec 06, 2015 08:24 PM — Post #14

Name Player
Echo Fao

((Skip Echo for now.  He’s just going to be watching Lyra and Brynn without input. :3))

Dec 09, 2015 03:16 PM — Post #15

Showing page 1 of 2.

Please log in or register to reply to this thread.