Roleplay Forums | Map

Stretch my legs
Thunderstorm | Late Afternoon | AW

Name Player
Leas Fitzroy Matti
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Leas knew she shouldn’t stray far from the caverns at this time of year, but she needed to get out and find something to do. A walk in the trees had seemed like the best possibility, even if she could hear the occasional cracks of thunder in the distance and even if it was raining heavily upon her. The cold water didn’t exactly feel nice at this time of year, but it was a change from the frustrating, uncomfortable feeling of being in heat that had enveloped her last week.

She hadn’t strayed too far, but the dark brown woman walked quietly beneath the trees. She glanced at her stomach once, wondering if there were already pups in there. She felt like things just hadn’t been the same this winter. Rath hadn’t seemed as interested in her, he didn’t seem like he wanted to talk to her as much.

Leas wanted pups more than anything. She wanted to marvel at her belly again through the winter - this time knowing what to expect at least - and she wanted to have little bundles of fur curled up against her in the spring. She sighed and continued on.

<small>[Day 11 of heat for my own account]</small>

Jul 04, 2018 12:21 PM

[ ignore ]
Name Player
Piper Nightshade Raven Marie
Achievements (?)
2mos 6mos 100posts profile

The Nightshade had told herself she was staying away from the Evergreens for their own protection against cranky, hormonal Piper. But her only company in Freyar had gone…. probably hunting, or something. Wherever he sometimes wandered off to do. It left Piper some alone time to think, and she spent today wandering around the other parts of the forest to do so.

When the ebony queen caught Leas’ scent nearby, her chocolate frame just visible ahead, her first thought was to realize how excited she became, and mused about how comfortable life had been since joining the Evergreens. Itd become ber second home, and she couldn’t imagine leaving it.
Her next thought was one of worry: what if Leas was looking for her? Shed been absent from the caves quite a few days now, but she didn’t wander all that far, did she?

“Leas?”

The name called from her maw before she willed it to, and Piper trotted forward to catch up to the Aide. To make sure she knew she was just keeping away until her heat ended, not that she was…. distancing herself.

Maybe she was over thinking things. Maybe she would apologize for nothing, and she could simply share her good news.

Jul 05, 2018 11:31 AM — Post #1

[ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
Name Player
Leas Fitzroy Matti
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Leas turned her head, ears perked forward at her name. She smiled as she realized it was Piper. She felt like she hadn’t seen the darker woman around as much recently, but she was still present. Perhaps the winter was an odd time for all of them.

“Hello Piper,” she responded, turning back to approach as her tail wagged gently. “I just needed to take a walk,” she explained, somewhat lamely she thought. She wasn’t sure what to say about why she was out of the caverns otherwise. She wondered if Piper had come out here to find her for something specific.

Jul 05, 2018 09:17 PM — Post #2

[ Edited: Jul 05, 2018 10:44 PM by Leas ]
Lilac is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Lilac Skye

She came. Yes, Lilac came. She was born a traveler and would never stop traveling.

Never.

She didn’t want to join a pack, nor have pups for that matter. She wanted to be alone for now. The teenager looked around, she saw two wolves and decided to keep her distance.

Jul 09, 2018 08:55 AM — Post #3

Name Player
Achievements (?)

When Leas turned and greeted her with a smile, Piper knew she was wrong to worry. She could have carried about her solitary day without interruption, but at least it was Leas and not someone else.

The chocolate woman explained she was just out for a walk, and Piper nodded, her own smile growing.

“Sorry I haven’t been around. Trying to keep my distance while I’m in heat. Don’t want to seem cranky.”

After a pause, she realized she may be intruding. Her ebony brow furrowed momentarily. Leas was in heat too, and Piper knew she wasn’t particularly bubbly during this time of year, even if she did admittedly want to gush about Freyar. The other woman was unheard, unscented, and unseen, and therefore Piper didn’t care.

“You don’t mind my company, do you?”

Jul 10, 2018 02:35 PM — Post #4

Name Player
Leas Fitzroy Matti
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Leas missed the presence of the younger wolf further off. She smiled at Piper instead, her attention caught up in the presence of the older woman she admired.

The chocolate brown woman smiled and gave a little nod in response, she understood that urge to some degree. Though, she had spent much of her time with the pack, as she had for months, as she always did.

“I’m sure you aren’t cranky,” she reassured gently. “I don’t mind company at all. It would be nice, actually.” Because, well, Rath didn’t often say all that much, and the pups were young. Leas had always enjoyed the thought of another adult woman she could be just friends with.

While perhaps it wasn’t the most casual topic, but Leas felt like their mutual current situations were something to talk about. “Rath and I are hoping for pups in the spring…trying for them.” That was a more elegant way to phrase it. Indeed, Leas really hoped there would be pups.

Jul 10, 2018 09:11 PM — Post #5

Lilac is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Lilac Skye

She listened in on their conversation, the brown female was talking about having pups. Oh goody, children. She thought. The black female was probably a friend of the pup-wanting wolf.

She still sat, watching, waiting. Wondering if anyone would notice her.

Jul 20, 2018 01:50 AM — Post #6

Name Player
Absinthe Ambrosia Lilja
Achievements (?)
helper profile

I hope you don’t mind me sticking her in here!  She’s about a round or two away from Leas and Piper (but isn’t advancing on them) and is trying to sneak up on Lilac~ :))
_______

Absinthe had been about.  She wouldn’t admit it to any living soul, but she was looking for something.  A gift.  For Margarita.  Her first—and probably only—friend.  It was strange, depending on someone the way she was beginning to depend on the Fairy Goddess.  After all, it was a lonely world of frightened wolves.  Not her, though.  At least, not when she was around her source of strength.  That was what Rita was becoming to her.  Strength.  Happiness. 

It took the pale shadow little time to realize that flowers didn’t grow in the wintertime.  Despite the season, a cold rain drenched the girl’s shoulders and thunder roared overhead.  It was quite difficult to see two feet in front of her through the mist that rose as a defiance to the ground’s temperature versus the air’s.

It wasn’t long before Absinthe circled back to head towards the caverns.  Despised them she did, but they offered the promise of dry fur and Margarita.  Her hunt for a gift had been spoiled by the rain and the thunder and all the girl wished for now was to head back to where she came from.

Perhaps she would have made it, too, if she didn’t pause to take in several voices that sounded off close by.  Curiosity ebbed at the pale shadow until she found her paws moving in the direction of the sound, masked by thunder and rainfall. 

Scent was hard to detect through the water that fell from the sky, but it was only reasonable for Absinthe to conclude that the wolves in the distance were of the Evergreens.  Several feet away from her was a greyscale figure, appearing to watch the other two wolves in the area.

Rath and I…

Absinthe caught.  Immediately her ears perked and tail bristled.  Rath could only be short for Rathbone, the male who had intruded on her first meeting with Margarita.  She didn’t especially like the timber adult, but his role in the pack had sounded important.  Maybe this woman—though she was hard to see and hear over the mist and sound of the storm—was a friend of his.

The child was more interested in the form that sat in front of her, listening to the conversation that was taking place.  Of course, Abs was still quite a ways away from the figure, but she slowly crept closer, green eyes intently focused on the girl.  Was she also of the Evergreens?  Or was she a rogue like herself?

Such a curiosity.

Jul 20, 2018 03:06 PM — Post #7

Name Player
Achievements (?)

Leas was kind as ever, accepting her company and assuring her she wasn’t cranky. Inside, Piper laughed, but didn’t debate it. If she didn’t seem bad to Leas, maybe she was making a new reputation for herself along with this peaceful life. So be it.

The younger woman continued, bringing to life a topic they hadn’t breached in at least a season. Children. Piper felt a wide grin spread across her muzzle.

“Freyar agreed to try for a litter with me this year. He’s been staying with me through my heat. Wouldn’t it be great for both of us to raise a litter here? A new start to the Evergreens.”

Piper was still oblivious to the wolf watching them, and the Evergreen child was no different. Both didn’t exist as she spoke with her friend, but she would have cheered on Absinthe had she known.

Jul 24, 2018 09:10 AM — Post #8

Azalea is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Azalea Fitzroy J

c;;;; another social awkward child interrupting adult talk? i think so

Both Piper and her Mom had been smelling differently lately. Azalea tried not to think about it too much. Telling Mom that her usual calming scent had soured had never occurred to the little girl. She only ever wanted Leas to be happy and content, to show her that she was a good daughter because Leas was the best mother.

Her long black tail swung with childish glee as she came bounced to find her Mom. Clutched in her mouth was a small vole, that frankly would of died of old age faster than Azalea could of killed it, but nonetheless, the little flower wanted Leas to have it as a present. Mom always taught good hygiene, so she could only put together that she was stressed. 

Her big pale eyes widen in excitement at Leas and Piper talking together. She smiled faintly through her clutched grip of the vole, approaching quietly. Her head fell low and her hips gently swayed in a cutesy swing. Azalea froze though, at the sight of a tiny grey stranger lurking in the background, staring at the them. Her blue eyes stared frightfully right back at Lilac, before she glanced in concern at her mother.

Jul 24, 2018 11:31 AM — Post #9

Name Player
Leas Fitzroy Matti
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Oblivious to all of the other wolves slowly creeping closer to them, Leas happily kept up the conversation with Piper. She twitched her brows a little bit, had she heard of who Freyar was before? She didn’t think so.

“Will he stay with the pack then?” She questioned gently, but hopefully. It would be a boon to have another adult, and her worry of being abandoned with a parcel of other women’s children would decrease some if at least the father would be around as well.

Still, she gave a nod at the idea. “I wanted my pups to have friends here last year, but then…they all just became my pups.” She had hoped that Alina’s litter would have been companions, not additional siblings. But she had to have faith in Piper to stay, to be a mother to her own children. Still, Leas had a hard time shaking the feeling and the dread that had been the entirety of the previous spring and summer.

Leas finally had the sense of someone else coming closer when she heard little - or littler - pawsteps. She turned to see Azalea and instantly had a loving, motherly smile for her smallest child. “Darling…” she began sweetly until she saw that Azalea’s gaze went right past her and Leas finally turned to spot the stranger further off.

Who was the gray female? “Hello there?” Leas called, now clearly looking at the other woman and wondering how long she had been eavesdropping on the conversation.

Jul 27, 2018 06:17 PM — Post #10

Name Player
Achievements (?)

Would Freyar be staying? Well…. They hadn’t directly talked about that part. Hed said he wanted to be a father, so it only seemed likely thathed stick around. Perhaps he would wait until they were grown before setting back off for mountain life.
Perhaps she would go with him, with their children? Would they be more than just co-parents, or would she watch him leave without a regret?

“We haven’t talked about that yet, but he seemed excited to be a father. I think he might, at least till they are grown. It’s a talk I planned to have with him when I know if Im pregnant.”

Their children would grow and experience life together like family. They would be friends and rivals as they matured, and it would be beautiful.

Piper had no time to say anything else; Azalea came prancing forward, and the Nightshade greeted the little flower with a wide smile and a wag of her tail. It was always nice to see the little girl in high spirits.

The smile quickly faded as Azaleas expression changed, and Leas turned to wary greet a stranger. Hackles rising, Piper curled her lips at the lurking woman and loosed a growl of warning, but otherwise allowed Leas to handle the woman. Instead, the ebony Nightshade trotted closer to Azalea, never taking her sight off the stranger as she shielded the girl.

Aug 07, 2018 12:36 PM — Post #11

Name Player
Absinthe Ambrosia Lilja
Achievements (?)
helper profile

Just gonna drop this post here, hope you guys don’t mind!

As hoped for, the black and white stranger remained oblivious to her presence.  Or so she hoped.  Absinthe really really hoped that that was the case and that the stranger wasn’t just waiting for her to get closer so that she could close her jaws around her neck.  She wanted to stay alive.  The stranger, however, sent annoyance spiraling down Abs’ spine.  Who was she?  What was she doing, spying on a conversation that was not hers to begin with?  Spying was Absinthe’s thing to do, and this girl was no good at it, either.  She’d been caught, after all.

Absinthe, however, liked to think she was still concealed behind the stranger’s body.  Perhaps she wasn’t, but she would be gone soon anyways.  Watch and learn.  A wicked little grin took up the pale Princess’s face as she stalked ever closer, hearing the growl that erupted from one of the woman further away.  Was it at her?  She didn’t know.  Or care.

Her mildew eyes were focused only on the tail of the stranger, plump and hers for the taking.  Then, with a leap of vengeance, the child sought to clamp her jaws down tight on the stranger’s hind.  The rain disoriented her aim, but Absinthe tried her best to grab the stranger between her teeth before bolting off into the underbrush, hoping to be concealed by the gloom of the sky. 

That felt good.  Let the no-good spy know how it felt to be stalked and punished.

_____

It is TOTALLY up to you, Skye, if Absinthe makes contact or not with Lilac’s tail!
Exit~

Aug 13, 2018 01:48 PM — Post #12

Showing page 1 of 1.

Please log in or register to reply to this thread.