Roleplay Forums | Map

Elitist
[summons] HY5 | Full Winter | Pearl Isle | Calling all Islanders

Name Player
Crixus Blanc Rainy Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Crixus was as satisfied as it seemed likely to get for the time being. It could be worse- though, of course, it could always have been better. Samaya had turned out to be a colossal disappointment, not that it was utterly unexpected, and the loss of Abaddon was an equal downer.

That being said, he had hopes for the upcoming pups and took strength in knowing that Kaya, and perhaps by extension, Dragomir, were excellent supporters. Larisa had worried him from time to time with her outbursts, but if he could keep her reasonably happy, perhaps in time she would get over the issue that had occurred with Narcisa.

He padded to the little spring at the center of the island. It had certainly been wet lately, but at least for the time being the weather was fair enough, the chill deepening in the evenings but not completely unpleasant. Especially not since each of the wolves here now had a sleeping partner to warm the ever-lengthening nights.

Settling himself comfortably in his usual spot, he tilted his muzzle upward and called for everyone.

Jul 05, 2018 06:58 PM

[ ignore ]
Name Player
Kaya Silvano Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Kaya had been waiting.

Her heat was over - leaving her feeling smug and satisfied after the events of this winter. Not to mention far more secure in her own future. She let out a howl back when she heard the summons and set off at a trot. Dear old Crixus. Was it, finally - time? Now that Abaddon and his negativity would no longer chase away perspective members and make things difficult for herself, the time surely must be coming for the pack to officially claim the Pearl. There was still the potential problem of Larisa, but Dragomir’s benefits more than made up for her disappointing branch of the family.

“Crixus.” She called smoothly, dipping her head as she approached the spring.

Jul 05, 2018 07:02 PM — Post #1

[ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
Name Player
Valaeria Ardelean Matti
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Larisa could have hoped that Crixus was calling only for her. She wanted him to call for her. She wanted to feel wanted. Instead she felt like a prisoner in this place that didn’t feel like a home. Her heat had passed, as she knew Kaya’s had too - though she did her best to avoid the other woman.

It worried her to no end that there might be pups in her belly, but it was too early to know. She wanted to know, desperately. Maybe it was better if there weren’t. Crixus could be disappointing, and Larisa’s life could be in danger, but at least she wouldn’t force pups to live in this place with her.

She knew her thoughts couldn’t show through though. Instead her tail wagged as she approached. She spotted Crixus, but then Kaya. Kaya, always there, always first. Kaya was who Crixus seemed to care more about. Larisa nodded her head at the pair, it was the same greeting to both.

Larisa seated herself nearby, staying quiet. She spent a long moment wrapping her tail neatly around herself and using a paw to brush the fur smooth. Anything to avoid dealing with them both - together. She couldn’t bother to think of what Crixus had called for. It didn’t matter. He didn’t care what Larisa thought of anything he did, she’d just nod and agree.

Jul 05, 2018 09:23 PM — Post #2

Name Player
Dragomir Negrescu Sabrina Staff
Achievements (?)
helper

Dragomir had been resting, listening to the faint bubbling of the stream that flowed beside his new den, when his ears caught Crixus’s call. The male, being dutiful as ever, sent up a howl in response to signify his coming, but he wished he could rest just a bit longer.

He’d spent the morning in the surf, trying to improve his fishing skills and perhaps bring a prize or two back to show Kaya for his efforts. Things hadn’t gone that well, for the waves had been especially rough this morning, and Dragomir pulled himself back ashore feeling more exhausted than anything. His eyes had just begun to drift shut when he caught Crixus’s summon.

Oh well. He could rest tonight. The male pushed himself to his feet and headed toward the rest of the group. The man came upon the scene in a timely manner, and was glad that the den he’d picked out was only a short walk away.

He flagged his tail in greeting to the rest of the island’s inhabitants, who seemed to have assembled before him, and dipped his head to Crixus, who’d called them all here.

What did he have in store for them today?

Jul 07, 2018 12:26 AM — Post #3

Name Player
Crixus Blanc Rainy Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Crixus nodded to each wolf as they arrived, and once all were assembled, he rolled his shoulders and began. “Good morning,” he greeted, giving them a moment to get settled in.

“We may yet be a small gathering, but with expected arrivals this coming spring,” here he paused, inclining his head to Larisa with a smile. He knew too that Kaya had succeeded in her plan to mate with Dragomir, but he refrained from mentioning it and potentially causing his mate to sour the whole occasion. It was no secret she still did not like Kaya, and to know that her future nieces or nephews would come from that wolf would probably not make her pleased. “I believe the time has come to make this official.”

A thoughtful pause, and then he continued. “I have roles in mind for each of us, however, if anyone would like to speak up now as to their preferences, please do so before we continue.”

Jul 07, 2018 12:14 PM — Post #4

Name Player
Kaya Silvano Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Hopefully a few more expected arrivals than Crixus and Larisa knew about, or at least that Larisa did, Kaya thought with a secret smile. Not something to smile about was the coldness of the greeting Larisa gave to both her mate and to Kaya herself with identical nods.

Troubling. Dragomir drew her attention next though and she nodded a greeting to him, nothing too forward until everything was out in the open.

“As we have discussed, I’ve agreed already to my rank, Crixus.” She replied smoothly, speaking next as the pack’s second in command, her right - from now on. So Kaya though, anyway.

Jul 08, 2018 06:20 AM — Post #5

Name Player
Valaeria Ardelean Matti
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Larisa’s ears flicked at Dragomir’s howl in response. After drowing the other woman who had been staying here, Larisa was fairly certain that was all of them. After her brother arrived, Crixus gave a short greeting and Larisa looked up to meet his eye, her expression open and interested even if she didn’t feel either of those things.

At his comment towards her she gave a little twitch of a smile and glanced down. It was too early to know, Crixus knew that, she’d been sure to tell him so he wasn’t expecting anything. Because honestly, she didn’t know yet, and she didn’t know what she wanted the outcome to be in the end either. At least her heat was passed - that was one thing she could be glad about.

As he continued on she realized that of course that was why he’d have called them together. She’d almost forgotten she’d wanted them to be a pack. Still, she didn’t know where she stood with Crixus. He had never given her a firm answer, and every day she felt like his feelings wavered back and forth towards her.

Here at least she thought she’d find out. Kaya of course couldn’t keep her mouth shut - she sounded so sure of what her place was. Larisa hated it. “Please go on, i’m sure you’ve thought it all out,” she offered sweetly to her mate for him to continue. She wouldn’t ask for anything right now, she’d just find out what he was offering and decide if it was good enough or not.

Jul 08, 2018 12:59 PM — Post #6

Name Player
Achievements (?)
helper

Dragomir sat up straight and proud, excitement welling in his chest at his leader’s words. Dragomir expected that he and Kaya would be contributing to the new arrivals this coming spring. Crixus most likely knew about this, though Larisa… he owed it to her to inform her of his relationship with Kaya sometime soon. He felt guilty that he hadn’t told her already.

Crixus had informed him of his intended rank when he arrived on the island. Dragomir had no qualms with such a position, and dipped his head at his leader’s words, waiting to speak until after his sister had finished. “I trust in your judgement,” he agreed.

Jul 08, 2018 01:50 PM — Post #7

Name Player
Crixus Blanc Rainy Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

As no one had anything to request prior to his proposals, he nodded. “I have decided that the most efficient system is this. There are to be two branches of the pack- separate, yet unified. Kaya, as Arcus, will head the branch of warriors and primary hunters. Scouts, also- again, primarily mainland work. Dragomir, as we have discussed, I believe this role of Sagita suits you.”

Tilting his head in his mate’s direction, then, he dipped his chin slightly. “Larisa is to be Galea, if she finds it suitable. The head of the healers, the primary pup raisers, and those scouts and hunters- and fishers- focused primarily on-island.” Her underlings, as it were, would be the Manica, but as no wolf currently existed to fill that roll, he left it out for now. Additionally, any pups of the pack would be the Novicius.

“Despite these two branches, it is imperative to note that each side needs the other for the ability for the pack to thrive. Some duties may overlap, but for the most part, your area of expertise is your area of expertise and you will be the one in charge of it.” He paused, shifting his weight a bit. “Of course, as Gladius, I will be over both. I will take into account the council of both the Arcus and the Galea in my decision-making, but my word is final. I hope that despite our differences, we might all work together harmoniously to help our vision succeed. Questions, anyone?”

Jul 09, 2018 09:49 AM — Post #8

Name Player
Kaya Silvano Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

She realized in very short order this was not what she and Crixus had discussed, holding herself still but keeping her face impassive while he relayed his information. She quickly realized what lengths he had gone to to keep his precious mate happy, the great fool.

She had thought him better than this. She had been intended to be the second in command, and he had gone and elevated a sulky brat he himself had qualms about to the same seniority.

But that meant it would be Crixus’s fault, not her own, when Larisa inevitably failed. Unless she was to cut her losses then and there, which she considered - but no. There was Dragomir to consider. She was loathe to give him up.

No, this could be salvaged, and she spoke up crisply.

“As I have stated on numerous occasions, my loyalty is to you, Crixus, and this pack. I formally accept the role of Arcus and the responsibilities as you outlined. My vow is to serve this pack faithfully, working with all three of you and any other recruits deemed worthy to achieve our goals.” 

Jul 09, 2018 04:42 PM — Post #9

Name Player
Valaeria Ardelean Matti
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Her brother seemed of the same mind to just listen and see what was said. Larisa couldn’t help but feel like Dragomir thought he fit in, and that Crixus would give him a fair place. She saw this as a test. Maybe for herself, maybe for Crixus. She wasn’t sure, but she felt it was important.

She listened dutifully though, and of course Kaya was mentioned first. Larisa never was put ahead in anything. Even now, this pack that Larisa had talked to her cousin about, on this island that Larisa had found. She kept her expression neutral through the first part of the explanation.

A little smile inched across her face, a genuine smile this time. Though, Larisa did always enjoy that her genuine smiles and her fake smiles looked the same to others. Crixus had followed through on this one thing at least. She didn’t know what she would have done if he had announced her to be anything different. She thought now, since the moment had passed in her favor instead, that she otherwise would have smiled, and that by sunrise she would have left the island.

The rest of his speech ran by, she listened, but it was just a lecture about working together. The best upside she’d heard so far was that Kaya’s duties were focused on the mainland. Maybe it meant Kaya would finally get the fuck off of Larisa’s island and stay off for a while - wouldn’t that be a blessing. Still, she delivered a little happy speech and Larisa couldn’t be silent through this.

“Yes, Crixus, of course I find it suitable. I’m sure our family will flourish and grow here with you at it’s head.” She had no questions. She did find it funny that Kaya specifically mentioned working with ‘all three’ in the group. Larisa wouldn’t - and didn’t - say such a thing.

Jul 10, 2018 09:03 PM — Post #10

Name Player
Achievements (?)
helper

Dragomir had been assigned the role he’d been expecting. It would be fitting for him to work beside Kaya. And, in the upcoming spring, it would be more than delightful for him to work alongside her raising their pups, too. Of course it was too early to tell, but he just knew he’d be sharing a litter of sons and daughters with his new mate in a few months. But that was nothing to think about now.

The women seemed pleased with their roles, and Dragomir was nothing less than satisfied. “No questions, Crixus. I respect your decisions and am eager to serve you and the rest of this pack to the fullest of my capabilities.”

Jul 11, 2018 12:33 AM — Post #11

Name Player
Crixus Blanc Rainy Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Listening to each wolf in turn, he nodded his head. They all seemed to be positive enough about the placements given. He knew it was not exactly what he and Kaya had mentioned, but he hoped that she would understand that he had to at least keep up the appearances of trusting his mate and allowing her some amount of power within the pack. Perhaps her responsibilities would keep her busy in the future, and happily fulfilled. She seemed pleased enough, at least.

If anyone got to abusing their priveleges, of course, he would re-evaluate. “The acceptance each of you show is admirable, and I hope that you are not just accepting, but pleased with your roles. Naturally, if you are not, you need only bring it up.” It wasn’t as if it would be difficult to find him here.

There was little left to talk about, now- they each understood the purpose of their pack, so far as he knew, and everyone had accepted their roles. “Very well, then. Welcome to the Imperial Faction.”

Jul 12, 2018 02:21 PM — Post #12

Name Player
Kaya Silvano Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Imperial Faction. It was a good name - regal, imposing. This time,t here was little more else to say, at least not with words. Kaya simply lifted her muzzle and let three approving, deep barks ring out clearly, signalling her agreement. 

Jul 12, 2018 08:17 PM — Post #13

Name Player
Valaeria Ardelean Matti
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Larisa got the feeling that bringing up any displeasure with her position would simply be an easy way for Crixus to know he ought to go drown her in the surf soon. She had no intention of voicing a single damn squeak of discontent about almost anything that went on. It wasn’t worth her life to argue with a mate that didn’t respect her.

The name of the pack made her straighten up a little bit. It certainly wasn’t the Blanc Band that she had grown up feeling so proud of, but she supposed it would do for now at least. Crixus hadn’t asked her opinion on a name, but then of course he hadn’t.

A bark from Kaya startled her slightly. Was the damned woman anything but constantly dramatic? She was ruining what might have otherwise been a pleasant moment. Larisa let out a breath and waited a moment, she figured they were done and she’d be excused elsewhere soon.

Jul 12, 2018 10:53 PM — Post #14

Name Player
Achievements (?)
helper

The Imperial Faction. A fitting name. Strong, regal, progressive.

Dragomir had other things weighing on his mind, though, and he couldn’t join his mate when she barked in celebration. Not until he got something off his chest, the thing he and Kaya had discussed earlier.

When she’d quieted down, he cleared his throat. “There is something else—a matter that I would like to discuss while we’re all gathered together, if there are no objections.”

Jul 14, 2018 12:02 AM — Post #15

Showing page 1 of 2.

Please log in or register to reply to this thread.