Roleplay Forums | Map

twilight.
(backdated to EW, Sunset - a few days after 'focus' w/Laura // searching for Yuna)

Adrian is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Adrian Vibe

Of course he hadn’t found her. Adrian had gone into the search fully expecting not to, but that didn’t help the burden of guilt he felt, returning to the cove - and Yuna, without any information or word about her daughter’s well-being or location. The only thing that had been pleasant about the search was his lucky reunion with Laura as well as her company, though he doubted that would mean very much to Yuna.

Still, she deserved to know that he was back. He didn’t want to worry Yuna any more than was necessary, and so the moment he’d crossed back into Tribe territory, he’d begun looking for her.

The hour was growing late, though not late enough that he would suspect Yuna would have retired for the evening, by now. Adrian supposed he probably could have called, but he wasn’t fond of the possibility of drawing anyone else besides Yuna.

So he would just have to take a look around for her the quiet way.

//doing some major but logical assuming here, that since Kalea is inactive there’s no way Adrian & Laura would ever find her… because I want to keep him moving along.

Jul 07, 2018 08:38 PM

[ ignore ]

Scarce

Name Player
Yuna Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
helper

((Yus all is well Vibe!))

Yuna never liked to sleep inside the caverns unless it was stormy or really unreasonably in weather. She liked to be out, under her precious stars. But her short southern-stock coat didn’t afford much protection against the winter chill and the creamy she-wolf was curled into a tight ball with her nose under her tail.

She stirred slightly as Adrian neared, but didn’t fully yet come awake.

Jul 08, 2018 07:00 AM — Post #1

[ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
Name Player
Adrian Vibe

Thankfully, it seemed finding Yuna would not be too great of a challenge. He hadn’t expected it would be, but he’d been prepared to look just in case. Even in the darkness, Yuna’s figure was recognizable, curled up into herself for warmth, just outside of the caverns. And, unlike the last time he’d seen her, Yuna this time actually looked.. peaceful.

That was probably due to the fact that she was asleep, but even so. Adrian didn’t have it in his heart to wake her, especially not when he was not bringing any good news. So instead he quieted his approach, opting to settle silently upon the ground close by. He could wait a few minutes, to see if she would awaken fully.

If not, he didn’t have any issues spending another night beneath the stars instead of in his cavern.

Jul 08, 2018 12:53 PM — Post #2

Scarce

Name Player
Yuna Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
helper

Yuna stirred a few minutes later, her nose twitching. Her head rose off her paws a moment later, and she untucked herself and blinked at Adrian, carefully assessing her surroundings for a moment. Peaceful, with Adrian lying down near her - no threat, nobody calling her name or for help. No injuries for her to tend to.

“Adrian.” She greeted, propping herself up on her elbows. She hadn’t expected him to come home with her youngest daughter in tow, but some tiny hopeful part of her glanced over his shoulder… checking, just in case.

Jul 09, 2018 05:31 AM — Post #3

Name Player
Adrian Vibe

He’d have been content to remain where he was, simply looking at the cold sky and the stars for a time, had Yuna not woken up only a short while later. Slowly she lifted her head, untucking herself to acknowledge him with a polite, but tired sounding greeting. For a moment Adrian regretted waking her from her peaceful slumber - for even approaching her tonight.

Perhaps he should have waited until morning. It was too late now to go back, but seeing as how Yuna was already glancing around.. a faint but no less noticeable spark of hope shining in her eyes for a moment, made him wish he would have. It sucked to be woken to bad news, even if it was probably anticipated in this instance.

”Nothing. I found no sign of Kalea.” He spoke softly, head lowering slightly in remorse at his failure. ”I met Laura, though. She helped me look and agreed to keep her eyes open and alert her pack. So.. at least there’s that.” Adrian tried to muster some sense of hope into his tone at that, but failed pretty miserably he thought. ”I’m sorry I woke you with bad news.”

Jul 09, 2018 09:53 AM — Post #4

Scarce

Name Player
Yuna Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
helper

For a long moment, Yuna was still and quiet, then her head bowed. Half a nod, half in acceptance. “You can’t change the mind of a wolf who does not want to change it, Adrian.” She told him softly, without looking up. After a long beat her mismatched gaze finally lifted again.

“I’m glad you found Laura. Is she all right?” Yuna knew the younger girl mostly through Adrian, she had never really interacted with her a great deal even though they had met in passing more than once.

Jul 10, 2018 07:48 AM — Post #5

Name Player
Adrian Vibe

Yuna.. sadly, did look as if that was exactly what she had expected. And then the words she spoke.. were indicative of that. Of the fact that she felt just utterly defeated. He wished there was something he could have done, but there never was.  Adrian could never help his friends how he wanted to, and he hated it.

”I think I could have, if I’d found her. I truly do.” He spoke, his own words soft but firm. He knew what young Kalea felt, and he believed he could have made a difference. If only he’d sought her out sooner.

Yuna asked about Laura, with what actually seemed like a sincere desire to know for herself. Despite all she’d been through - still the compassionate healer. ”She’s.. good. Better than I ever remembered. She likes her home, with the Brotherhood, and it seems like it’s helped her, too.”

For which he was very grateful. For it was only she, aside from Yuna and Sunfall that he was still close to.

~~and, speaking of that. I was kind of thinking this would be after that thread where everyone finds out.. (RIP buddy) if you think that works?

Jul 10, 2018 12:11 PM — Post #6

Scarce

Name Player
Yuna Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
helper

((Yep I can definitely make that work mate.))

Yuna was touched by Adrian’s words, knowing it was borne out of sharing a somewhat similar circumstance. She wondered, yet again, what was going through Kalea’s head that let her thought she would be better off without her family.

All Yuna had wanted was a safe, supportive space for her beloved girls. She’d failed, at least with her youngest.

She chose to focus on the second part of his words, a tiny positive in the light of all the current negativity.

“I’m glad to hear that.” She smiled genuinely, but it faded fast. “Adrian… I’m afraid I have some bad news for you. It’s… about S-sunfall.”

Jul 11, 2018 04:58 AM — Post #7

Name Player
Adrian Vibe

It seemed as if, for a moment, that Yuna was genuinely happy to hear that Laura was doing well. Learning as much had been pleasant for Adrian, too. Knowing that some of his friends had been able to move on to build good things for themselves.

The smile that Yuna showed was brief, and while that in itself did not surprise Adrian, what she said after, did. She had bad news for him, about Sunfall. Her word tone, and what he could see in her eyes.. left him chilled to his very core.

His first thoughts were perhaps about one of Sunfall’s children. Perhaps something bad had happened to the one with the heart condition? Although.. Yuna had said Sunfall, specifically.

His throat felt tight, making words difficult. ”What.. is it?”

Jul 11, 2018 10:07 AM — Post #8

Scarce

Name Player
Yuna Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
helper

Dismay coloured her every feature as she gazed across at her friend, hating to be the one who told him. He had gone south, or southeast, he woukldn’t have heard, but she hated to do this now…

“I’m afraid he’s died, Adrian.” Yuna said softly, her eyes shining with tears, both her her brother in law and his family, and for Adrian himself. “Up in the bay to the north.” She wasn’t confident enough to offer a nuzzle or press her side to Adrian’s, but she did extend a forepaw and went to place it on top of his, just to let him know he wasn’t alone in this.

Jul 12, 2018 07:11 AM — Post #9

Name Player
Adrian Vibe

Yuna.. began to speak, and the words she said.. Adrian didn’t want to believe them. Couldn’t believe them. He’d just seen Sunfall no more than two weeks ago, alive, perfectly healthy, and.. at least somewhat happy. He’d promised Adrian a hunt, soon.

And now he was… now he.. was dead. Adrian felt sick, weak. If he hadn’t already been lying down he probably would’ve fallen. It felt as if his mind was in a daze; of sorrow, of grief, of anger. He felt himself pull back, away from Yuna, not desiring any sort of comfort from anyone at the moment.

Before he could stop himself, he felt his brow contorting in sadness, moisture which he had wanted to hide forming at the corners of his eyes.

But then, his mind wrapped around something. A detail to focus on. It had happened to the north. In the bay there. He knew that place.

”How?” It was the only word he could manage. How had Sunfall died? He wanted to know, since wolves didn’t usually just.. drop dead.  Had he been killed? Purposefully? And if so, why?

Jul 12, 2018 03:14 PM — Post #10

Scarce

Name Player
Yuna Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
helper

He paw slipped down to the sand as Adrian pulled back, and Yuna flinched slightly and leaned back herself, not realizing his motivations for not accepting her comfort. Seeing other wolves cry always upset the gentle healer, and she lowered her head respectfully so Adrian wouldn’t think she was staring at him. He was entitled to his grief. 

“I’m so sorry Adrian.” She said softly, without looking up. “It happened in, or after, a fight. Saski and a wolf called Makoa discovered him.” Her words were laced with regret, never willing to speak ill of the dead.

Sunfall had been a brash, often difficult brother in law. But there was a lot of good in him despite his aggressive tendencies. He had been family, and he hadn’t deserved death.

Jul 12, 2018 09:29 PM — Post #11

Name Player
Adrian Vibe

If it had been anyone else aside from Yuna giving him this information, Adrian might have suspected it to be a lie. Some sort of cruel, twisted joke that somebody was playing on him, only to have his friend appear a short while later, so Adrian could laugh and be relieved that he was alright and not dead. Except it was Yuna telling him, and that was not something she would ever do.

Which meant, it had to be true. Saski had found him, along with another wolf who Adrian couldn’t have really cared less about. He couldn’t even imagine the pain she must have felt, finding him dead.

Why? He thought. Why did bad things have to keep happening to everyone Adrian had known? Saski, Yuna. Himself. It wasn’t fair. And it made him angrier.

It’d happened in a fight. That did not surprise Adrian, although.. the fact that it had been Sunfall who’d died, did. His friend had always seemed so strong.. and now he was dead. Gone. Never to be seen again.

”Did they know who he fought with? Or why?” If it’d been murder, Adrian would make it his mission to figure it out. To find out who had done it.

Jul 13, 2018 06:45 AM — Post #12

Scarce

Name Player
Yuna Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
helper

Yuna’s gaze lifted just enough to watch Adrian, worry in her that gaze. It was difficult to watch him struggling this way, to come to terms with a loss when he had already lost so much. It wasn’t rational, but Yuna felt a sudden flash of resentment that caught her by surprise, because it was directed against Sunfall himself. For dying. Which made no sense. 

She had to stay focused. Adrian had more questions, and Yuna edged up into a sitting position, leaning forwards as she spoke but not bold enough to try approaching Adrian outright. She took a moment to collect herself - it was important not support Adrian, as best she could, and she made sure her voice stayed soft. It actually helped the irrational flash of anger she’d experienced fade.

“Nobody else was there by the time that they got there. They only found him.” She explained what she knew.

Jul 13, 2018 07:02 AM — Post #13

Name Player
Adrian Vibe

Yuna had nothing else to offer him. By the time Saski, and whoever the hell Makoa was had gotten there, nobody else had been around. Adrian supposed they wouldn’t have been focusing on finding scents at that particular moment in time, as he doubted he would have been, either. Which meant, if he wanted to find anything, he’d probably have to go investigate for himself.

”Damn it..” he breathed, the words soft, pained, as he debated whether or not he should actually head in that direction. He wasn’t particularly desiring to
encounter anyone from the pack there, but perhaps they would know something. It might be worth a try.

Feeling a small, but sudden burst of energy Adrian rose to his paws, taking two or three steps away from Yuna. ”It’s not fair. Everyone I care about. That we care about, they just.. keep disappearing. Bad things always happen to them.”

Perhaps he was cursed. Perhaps he’d been a fool to believe Ross and think that he could have any sort of life for himself. If he’d gone through with it, he wouldn’t have ever known any of this. It would have just been.. over. And maybe, in doing so, that could have somehow saved his friend.

”Sometimes I wish I had just done it.” He muttered, looking out towards the ocean. He shouldn’t have ever made it this far. Perhaps the fact that he was still alive when he shouldn’t have been.. was somehow causing his friends to die. It sounded dumb, a part of him realized. But with everything that had happened.. well. It wasn’t a notion Adrian could so easily dismiss from his mind.

Jul 13, 2018 09:59 AM — Post #14

Scarce

Name Player
Yuna Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
helper

Adrian was taking this badly, though Yuna certainly understood why. But his last words… they filled Yuna with a dread that encompassed her whole heart, and despite her nerves she found herself rising and tailing Adrian, reaching her head towards him though not actually touching him. This would not be the last person he would loose - and if every time he did, these feelings in him resurfaced…

She swallowed her fears that seemed to stick in her throat, and tried to reach him.

“Adrian, I know it isn’t fair. Sunfall should have been able to spend seasons more with his family. But you shouldn’t think like that, please. You have friends here. I understand how you’re feeling. But death, it’s a part of life. Not an easy part. But, the best way we can honour those who are no longer with us is through our own memories. You’re still here. There’s a reason for that.”

For a moment Yuna fell quiet, and she stood behind him, head still extended but her eyes downcast, her tone pleading. “You don’t have to go through this alone Adrian.”

Jul 13, 2018 07:15 PM — Post #15

Showing page 1 of 2.

Please log in or register to reply to this thread.