Roleplay Forums | Map

chapter one
fw, afternoon, entering from eastern wastelands

Farra is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Farra mads

There was nothing better than full relief when she figured out there was more to the land than just mountains and desert. She had recalled seeing frosted greens when she stood upon the mountain while crossing through, but upon the desert, she didn’t know which way to proceed. The girl she had met had been a strange one, and Farra felt guilty for leaving her.

It was obvious that the girl wanted nothing to do with her, so she could only stand from the sidelines and hope that her family had been the way she had headed. Nevertheless, she had walked onwards, a dauntless journey surely. She had come up to a river and rested for the night. Upon waking, she had followed it.

A rabbit hung loosely from her jaws, one caught miraculously of the same specie the desert female had caught. It was thinner, more built for speed and stamina than the rabbits she was used to back home, those were plump and while they were also excellent hunters, they nearly were always near their burrow.

This one had been unfortunate, however. Farra was large, but that did not mean she wasn’t fast; her fur color did aid her upon the sandy terrain as well. But she was no longer upon it, now the frosted over grass welcomed her, a mixture of sleet and dew shimmered across the land before her. For a moment, the woman paused, scanning the area. It smelled of many different wolves, but no scent was stronger than the rabbit that hung from her mouth.

She continued forwards.

Jul 08, 2018 07:52 PM

[ ignore ]
Name Player
Ozias Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Ozias, a bit damp and scruffy-furred, was worried. Felicity hadn’t showed up by the lake, and Ozias was keen to get moving and visit his mother’s pack. Not in the least because… well, his leg wasn’t really any better. He still suffered bouts of pain, and he still limped, clearly visible now as he made his way over the grasslands.

He was also a little lonely without Felicity, and in the wake of finding Cian’s scent only to loose it. He was starting to feel once again that he would never find his precious brother, and as amazing at meeting his mother had been, she had her life and her pack, and he only had his seemingly endless search for Cian. 

Oh. A woman, up ahead. Ozias swallowed and let out a woof, hurrying towards the figure and wincing. Oh. Ow. His leg was playing up again. Sighing, he resigned himself to his usual slow, limping pace and moved towards her, keeping his politest body language up so the she-wolf didn’t think he was after her catch. Even though his stomach growled hopefully at the scent of fresh blood.

Food was hard to run down when your run was no faster than a slow trot.

“Excuse me, Ma’am?”

((Within eyesight, but not able to move too far too fast!))

Jul 09, 2018 03:38 AM — Post #1

[ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
Name Player
Farra mads

”Excuse me, Ma’am?”

Her ears perked from their original rested position, hazel eyes scanning the area until they fell upon a black silhouette hustling towards her; she slowed down almost immediately. Unlike the girl, this one seemed friendly and polite, and nearer to her age.

As he ventured closer, she noticed the limp in his leg. Her eyebrows knotted in confusion and concern, but nevertheless she wagged her tail back at him and lowered the rabbit to her paws. However, she did place a paw on top of it. ”No need for the formalities, how can I help you?” Best to make a good impression on the wolves here to begin with.

Jul 09, 2018 01:25 PM — Post #2

Name Player
Ozias Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Ozias’s jaw dropped when she lowered the rabbit and he got a good look at her. He would have been ashamed to admit it, but he forgot about Felicity in that instant. He forgot about Cian and his mother. In fact he forgot about every wolf he’d ever met. Then his own name.

“I - -um… err….” Was all that intelligently escaped from Ozias’s still-slack jaw.

This wolf was… gorgeous. She was like a sunrise come down to earth and infused with the spirit of a wolf. Her fur. Her eyes. She was the most graceful, amazing creature Ozias had ever set eyes on in his entire life. He couldn’t bring himself to wag his tail back or smile or form a coherent answer back.

And it showed. He was speechless now as he stood and stared, totally blown away at being faced with a wolf this beautiful. Ground control to Major Ozias. Come in, Ozias?

OZIAS!? 

((He a sensitive lil bean, pls standby))

Jul 10, 2018 02:04 AM — Post #3

Name Player
Farra mads

Her ears flattened in caution as the male remained silent, continuing to stare at her while finally uttering unintelligible utterings. She didn’t appear scary, did she?

Turning her head to the other side of her, she peered back almost expecting to see a seven-foot monster staring back at her. But alas, she did not see a thing. The only thing close to seven-foot monsters were the trees, and they were far taller than that.

Slowly, she turned her head back to face him, baffled and confused expression falling upon her. ”Are you alright?” Had she done something wrong?

Maybe it was wrong coming here. Everyone seemed afraid of her and that was the last thing she could ever want. Tentatively, she gave a single wag of her tail to offer her last physical way of appearing friendly.

Jul 10, 2018 02:11 PM — Post #4

Name Player
Ozias Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Okay, this was…

She was looking at him. And looking behind her, making him swallow nervously, because that was a pretty logical response to a guy staring at you like he was going crazy.

He hoped his mother wasn’t still nearby. She’d kick his rear end all the way back home to see him being so rude.

“No, I mean - yes.” He stammered. His tail gave a hopeful if dazed wave back.

Okay, he could do this. See? Sort of. Closer. He was getting there.

Jul 11, 2018 09:20 AM — Post #5

Name Player
Farra mads

”No, I mean - yes.” Maybe? Her eyebrows furrowed in confusion. The dark male was certainly an oddity. She noted that he wagged his tail back at her and she flicked her own in uncertainty, especially as he came closer, but nevertheless friendly; her paw instinctively pressed harder onto the rabbit.

”Do you know a Leas?” Hopeful, but she didn’t really put much faith in the matter. If anything, her sister disappeared off of the face of the earth for all she knew.

Jul 11, 2018 02:17 PM — Post #6

Name Player
Ozias Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

He felt awfully when he spotted her pressing her paw obviously on her rabbit, wishing words weren’t stuck in his throat and he could assure her despite his limp he was not the kind of wolf who stole. Instead he managed to politely avert his eyes off her for a moment, moving closer by a few steps but on a diagonal to signal he was harmless.

“Oh I - no, I’m sorry.” He stumbled a bit less that time. Progress. Looking away had helped, but he was still smiling like an idiot when he looked her way again, even if she had launched into a conversation with introducing herself. Still, neither had he. Okay. Hold it together, Ozi.

“I’m looking for somebody too?” He didn’t want to hold her up from a meal but he HAD to ask about Cian of course. 

Jul 11, 2018 06:55 PM — Post #7

Name Player
Farra mads

He was also a nervous one, it seemed. She couldn’t help but flick an ear in mild amusement, though her efforts of finding Leas seemed to be null. Right, well, standing around here wasn’t going to help at all, especially with a male who couldn’t hold a conversation. A soft sigh fell from her lips as she averted her eyes for be mountains before them, in the far distance.

The sudden action of the hot air being expressed into the coldness of the atmosphere made it visible for a few short seconds, before it too vanished just like her hopes of reuniting with her sister.

”Well if you come across a dark brown female named Leas, tell her that Farra is looking for her.”

Honestly, she just wanted to go and forge progress but the goodness of her heart forced her brain to deny any action of physically leaving. Especially when the dark male came closer and said that he was looking for someone too. Shifting herself, she sat down for a moment and looked at him.

She couldn’t help but feel pity. Unless it was the girl she had seen behind her, her interactions had been few and far between. ”I do not believe I can help you,” She replied slowly, as if thinking thoroughly through her words. ”But I can try. Who is it?”

Jul 11, 2018 07:34 PM — Post #8

Name Player
Ozias Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

He felt even worse when she only sighed. If only he’d had some good news for her. He took a halting, tentative step to her direction, ears low to keep a passive expression.

“I will. And… I’m sorry, I- ” Swallow. “I know what it’s like. That disappointment. I’m looking for my brother, Cian. He’s taller than me with grey-blue eyes but a light coat.”

Figured Cian would be the topic that calmed him down enough to actually get him to from a full sentence.

Jul 11, 2018 07:45 PM — Post #9

Name Player
Farra mads

The look of surprise was evident on her face when he finally spoke legitimate and literate words and she found herself giving a small smile of encouragement, a subconscious action. ”Don’t apologize.” She shook her head.

”We and many others have far more losses than anyone can count. There’s no use in dwelling upon them.” Her eyes never left his as she spoke, a respectful notion, but as her voice trailed off, her eyes finally followed to the ground and finally, the rabbit.

For a moment she stared at it before leaning down to pick it up with her mouth and bringing it over to him.

Eventually, as she reached close proximity of the male, she dropped the rabbit with a ’plop’ before finally sitting down. ”I haven’t crossed your brother before. If I do, I’ll tell him you…” She trailed off for a moment to let him introduce himself before continuing. ”Were looking for him. But in the mean time, would you like to share this meal before it freezes?”

Jul 11, 2018 08:51 PM — Post #10

[ Edited: Jul 11, 2018 11:11 PM by Farra ]
Name Player
Ozias Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

</I>We and many others have far more losses than anyone can count

That was certainly true, Ozias thought. He wondered - was Felicity one of those losses? Here he was, sort of subconsciously but not really drifting away from the lake he had agreed to meet Felicity at, not directly towards his mother’s pack, but…

“Sometimes not dwelling on them is rough.” He murmured, not really impolite enough to disagree outright with a she-wolf. But he got a much bigger surprise when she came right over to him and dropped her rabbit she had so pointedly indicated was for her, right beside him. Whhhhaaa!? “Ozias.” He squeaked out when she paused for his name. “Uh. My name’s Ozias but you can call me Ozi if you like.” Still a might higher than his normal speaking voice but maybe she wouldn’t notice. He looked at the rabbit, dared a glance to her, and tried to protest despite his eagerness to accept. “Oh, that’s um, very kind but… I don’t want to take a meal from you.” 

His stomach punctuated this feeble protest with an embarrassingly loud growl.

Jul 11, 2018 11:02 PM — Post #11

Name Player
Farra mads

Farra nodded in agreement. ”We grow from our losses, do we not? If we let our losses affect us greatly, we can never truly move on.” God, she sounded like a talking thesaurus. He didn’t seem to mind though. She dipped her head as he offered his name. Ozias, a name that actually fit him.

She was half expecting a gladiator name or something so jovial as that. ”Farra. A pleasure.”

She tossed a quizzical glance with humor sprinkled in it as he declined her offer, only for his stomach to throw him the curb ball, right where it hurt. ”Your stomach says otherwise. It’s alright. I can hunt many more things on my travels, you however,” She couldn’t recall what leg it exactly was, but she took a stab at it anyways. ”How did you hurt your leg?” She motioned her head for him to eat.

Jul 11, 2018 11:18 PM — Post #12

Name Player
Ozias Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

That… got Ozi thinking. His brow scrunched up in thought as his extreme awkwardness began to fade into an intellectual mode his mother had always encouraged.

“But I could never go through life one of those stoic, emotionless types.” He told the woman softly, sadness filling his teal-coloured eyes at the thought. “I’d father feel too much than too little.” He knew he’d never move on from Cian, if he never found him. He would always miss his brother and wish he was by his side again.

Farra. Farra. It was short and snappy and somehow a bit unsuiting as names went. He would have called a wolf who looked like her something more delicate.

“Well…” If you’re sure, but you have to let me help you hunt tomorrow morning in return.” He hesitantly leaned his head down, his eyes on Farra as if she might snatch her hare away from him.

He wondered how long it would take his leg to recover before he could sprint down another hare, himself.

He lifted his head without taking a bite, looking clearly unsettled. “A crazy wolf attacked me by the lake.” He winced, the shadow clear on his face. He was still plainly unhappy about everything that had gone down with the crazy lake wolf and Ozias’s own place in it. 

Jul 12, 2018 07:06 AM — Post #13

Name Player
Farra mads

An understanding look crossed her face and the woman nodded gently. ”I am still looking for a piece of my past. Leas and I were raised to believe we were cousins, Ozias. But she’s not, she’s my sister.” So would that classify as dwelling on her past, too? Or was it because she knew that Leas deserved to know the truth? “She might be a lost cause, I’m not even sure she survived on her own.”

It felt good to speak her mind, not that she particularly knew Ozias, but it did feel nice to share that specific part of her story.

Hazel eyes refocused upon the rabbit as her new acquaintance ate. A half-smile fell upon her lips at his words, surely, it would be the other way around, wouldn’t it? ”I suppose having company wouldn’t be so awful.” and then they were talking about his leg.

”Have you gotten it checked out? I am no medic but if you don’t, the bite wounds may lead to infection and if not treated, you may not be able to fully use your leg ever again.” Of course, that was the least likely and the most extreme of cases, but you never knew.

Jul 12, 2018 03:16 PM — Post #14

Name Player
Ozias Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Ozias’s eyes widened in surprise, but he finally remembered to take a bite of rabbit. He quickly gulped it down before speaking. FOOD. “Farra, that’s amazing! Why wouldn’t your family tell you though?” He wondered out loud. His ears drooped when he heard Leas might not have survived alone.

“Don’t think like that though - I’m sure she survived. There are plenty of packs in this valley, someone might know her - I’m going to visit a few of them myself, to see if anyone has seen Cian, he’s definitely outgoing enough to talk to pack wolves.” Ozias wasn’t always, but at least now in this conversation, now they were talking properly, he was feeling surprise and hope and emotions other than ‘meltdown’.

“Oh the bite has healed, see?” He showed Farra the bald, scarred section of his left hindleg. “No infection. It just still hurts a bit, but I’m fine, really.” Definitely not the truth but he didn’t want to make a big deal out of anything.

Jul 12, 2018 08:52 PM — Post #15

Showing page 1 of 2.

Please log in or register to reply to this thread.