Roleplay Forums | Map

Yellow brick toad
aw, with keld | light snow | morning | backdated to day after "come hang out"

Scarce

Name Player
Tehanu Lascrofe Isabel
Achievements (?)
1year 2mos 6mos artist helper profile supporter tumblr welcomeguide

She was anxious to meet her nephew and nieces. Teha had never had kids of her own and, quite frankly, she adored little bundles of love. They were innocent and cute and in need of lots of teaching. It hadn’t really crossed her mind that they really weren’t that small anymore—that she was acting the way Bucky acted over his niece. Either way, they were five years younger than her, and in wolf terms, that was a lot. She could be their grandmother. But no. She was the real dope aunt.

“I’m getting old,” Teha finally admitted, sighing. How many years did she have left in her? Five? Four? It wasn’t like she was helping herself every time she face planted. She should have just had kids when she was two. She would have been able to have great great great… great(?) grandchildren by now. And if the math there is wrong, then let it just translate to super fabulously great grandchildren.

Had she ever even told her friends how old she was? Belarus was obviously the youngest, but she didn’t know his exact age. “I’m inching towards 6 years,” the female admitted. She’d be infertile at some point. Age and all. She’d have to live vicariously through her nieces and nephew, then. Watch them grow up and adopt their kids. Not that she’d actually steal their kids, but a girl could dream.

Jul 11, 2018 12:22 PM

[ ignore ]
Keld is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Keld Quinn Staff

Keld couldn’t lie, it’d been hard to leave his tide pools. After spending so much time trying to find a place to settle, he’d thought the tide pools would be it. But then Teha came back with her mountain plans and it’d began again. He just hoped this trip wouldn’t turn into another, and another, and another. He was tired.

And old.

And he realized Tehanu’s thoughts were somewhere along the same as his - because that wasn’t his voice muttering about being old. Keld flicked a glance towards her, frowning. “Bullshit, you’re barely older than I am.”

But yeah, six years. He guessed he was about the same - maybe a few months younger than Tehanu, then. “Why the sudden worry about your age? We still got time, Teha.” He hadn’t remembered her ever mentioning it before, really. Besides, they still romped and played like a couple of yearlings, in his opinion. Keld was pretty damn sure he could give any two year old a run for their money.

Jul 11, 2018 12:45 PM — Post #1

[ permalink ]   [ ignore ]

Scarce

Name Player
Tehanu Lascrofe Isabel
Achievements (?)

Teha shrugged. “Because I’ve realized how as time goes by, there are more and more wolves younger than me and less and less wolves older than me. It really puts time and life into perspective.” What did they still have time for? Living? How much time until their immune systems failed on them? How much time until their bones started to creak?

“We have time to live, but how much time until our bodies give out? We won’t be able to run without joint pain for the rest of our lives. Time catches up even to the healthy wolves.” She didn’t mean to twist into such a morbid conversation, but he was a friend and he knew she wasn’t really the negative type.

“What if I have kids next year but can’t care for them because of an illness or joint pain or whatnot?” What if?

Jul 11, 2018 01:42 PM — Post #2

Name Player
Keld Quinn Staff

Well. That had sure opened the flood gates. Keld listened, of course, sure he wouldn’t get a word in edgewise until she was done.

Teha’s worries were valid, of course, but Keld wasn’t the type to linger on the what if’s or what-could-have-beens. He reached out to brush his nose against Teha’s cheek, affectionate. He could sense, at least a little, that it was really bothering her and he totally hadn’t intended to sour the mood. So early in the journey too. Good job, Keld.

You just gotta let what happens, happen, Teha. We can’t change what we’re meant to do, not really. Don’t worry about the what if’s and all that, just live in the now.” It made things easier, in the end. Keld was always happiest when he just let things happen like they were supposed to. It was no use fighting against the fates.

He couldn’t help but go a little wide eyed at Teha talking about having kids - another thing they’d never discussed, he didn’t think. But, also, not his business, if she didn’t want it to be.

If you have kids, we’ll find a pack or something. Maybe a nanny.” Half-serious, half-teasing. He couldn’t help it, it wasn’t in his nature to keep things too serious.

Jul 11, 2018 02:11 PM — Post #3

Scarce

Name Player
Tehanu Lascrofe Isabel
Achievements (?)

She appreciated the touch, but still felt her tail droop. “Yeah, I guess you’re right,” she responded, mind half in the conversation and half lost in her own little bubble of thought.

Not really picking up on the humor behind the tease, Teha flinched softly. She definitely didn’t want any future kids to be raised by anyone but herself. “Nah, if it ever comes to that, I’d still want the three of us to be wherever we decide to settle.” Belarus was young enough to care for kids, but Teha didn’t know whether he even had the personality for it. Not that it even mattered since she wasn’t even having kids the coming spring.

“My heat passed while I was out searching for Kiel out of the valley,” Teha confessed. There’d been males that had caught onto her scent, but they’d pretty much gotten the point that she wasn’t into hook-ups and one night stands (lol). Maybe she should have let one of them, though. A sperm donation. She shook her head at the thought, trying to flip back to the present and not get caught up in the what-ifs again. “What if I find a sperm donor for next year? Or. Or. Or. What if I go find parents who accidentally got pregnant and offer to adopt the child?” Was that too weird? Keld would let her know.

Jul 11, 2018 10:46 PM — Post #4

Name Player
Keld Quinn Staff

Okay, subtle teasing was a no-go. He didn’t even get hint of a smile, for cryin’ out loud! He grimaced at the tiny little flinch, ears flicking back.

The three of us. Keld hadn’t forgotten Belarus, but he honestly wasn’t sure what the guy wanted anymore. He liked the guy, but he was so hardheaded it just - made things difficult. He let out a little sigh, nudging Teha with a shoulder. “Bel likes kids - he’s off trying to find some girls brother right now. Or something,” Cue confused Keld. He wasn’t really sure what Belarus was doing running around with some kid. “He can be the baby sitter

Keld’s gaze flicked to Teha again when she mentioned her heat. He steered his mind away from that with a quickness, focusing on the silly ideas Teha had about having kids. He grinned, just a bit. “Hey, whatever works. Maybe you can just steal Bel’s kid.” Cue snicker.

Joking aside, though.” This was weird to talk about. Was he being dramatic? “Um. I mean, you have time to find you someone to settle down with before next year, why ya gotta adopt a kid? Or, uh, find a donor?” Keld imagined Teha wouldn’t have any problem finding a willing donor though. She was too damn pretty for anyone to turn her down.

Jul 12, 2018 08:53 AM — Post #5

Scarce

Name Player
Tehanu Lascrofe Isabel
Achievements (?)

She smiled softly at his proposition. “I guess so,” she responded. Why the hell was he off trying to find some girl’s brother? Then again, hadn’t he done the same thing for Teha?

Her brows rose at the mention of Belarus having a kid. “Wait, he has a kid?” Like actual offspring? Coming to theatres near you Spring, HY5?

She let out a small snort. “Because I’m a strong, independent woman who don’t need no mans. I’ll flex my single mom powers.” Yeah, you tell ‘em Teha.

Jul 12, 2018 09:04 AM — Post #6

Name Player
Keld Quinn Staff

Uh, not actually. Just that little forest kid that followed him to the coast.” Hadn’t Teha seen the girl? He couldn’t remember. Everything before him going off to search for Teha was a blur, really.

As much as he was for all that strong, independent woman stuff, the thought of Teha shacking up with some random dude for kids made him…uneasy? He wasn’t sure, but he didn’t like it. Maybe he was just feeling protective. Teha was like a sister to him. “I’ll get to be the cool uncle, then, yeah?” Grin.

Jul 12, 2018 09:22 AM — Post #7

Scarce

Name Player
Tehanu Lascrofe Isabel
Achievements (?)

She hadn’t actually met the kid that’d followed him to the coast, but she had noticed him favor talking to the child than his two worried friends. Ah right. They were mad at him because of his stupid leg condition. “Did he ever get his leg checked out? Do you know?” Was he in search of the child’s brother with that leg problem? Was she going to have to bring that up again the next time she saw him? Teha was sure that wouldn’t go over well. “Hi Belarus, I’ve missed ya! Have you gotten that issue of yours checked out? Let’s go do that? No? Ok, let’s argue for an hour and then not talk to each other for months on end again!” She hoped to whatever mighty being was out there that he’d gotten that all fixed up. The girl didn’t want to play mom with him.

“Why’d the kid follow him to the coast anyway?” she asked, trying to get her mind off of how badly things would go if he hadn’t gotten his leg fixed.

Teha laughed at his comment and nodded. “Of course ya will! Heck, you get to be an uncle already with my nieces and nephew!” And now hopefully he’d feel more of an urge to bring them back to the coast.

Jul 12, 2018 09:29 AM — Post #8

Name Player
Keld Quinn Staff

Ah, right, the leg bullshit. Keld sighed, shaking his head. “Naw, I tried to get him to let me get a hold of a healer, but he didn’t want that.” Pause. “He told me it was from an old wound or something and seeing his brother made it hurt again. Or something. I dunno, it was all kind of confusing.” And Belarus was stubborn as shit.

Shrugging at her next question, Keld kept on. “I dunno, really. Didn’t see much of her - she avoided me.”

At Teha’s laugh, Keld grinned extra wide, tail wagging. Cool uncle Keld sounded awesome. “Shit, did I even tell you I am an uncle already? My sister has a coupl’a kids.” Maybe he should stop and see them on the way back from the mountains. He could tell Eyja where to actually find him if she came to the beach like she’d planned.

He was fairly sure he’d mentioned that, after finding Eyja and figuring out Gunnar was dead. And why he was dead. He hadn’t let himself think about that for a while. It still made him sick to his stomach, really.

Jul 12, 2018 10:05 AM — Post #9

Scarce

Name Player
Tehanu Lascrofe Isabel
Achievements (?)

Well, she couldn’t say she wasn’t surprised. It looked like she had more to say to Belarus than she’d originally thought. Most of it stuff that he didn’t want to hear. She sighed. “He needs to get help.” Be it mental or physical, he needed help. And he needed to understand that they were just looking out for him, not actively trying to be annoying.

“Why the heck would she avoid you?” she asked curiously. Had Belarus said something to the kid that would make her want to avoid Keld? That didn’t sound like Belarus at all, though. Which left it to Keld doing something that made the child afraid of him. But that didn’t make much sense either.

Had Keld told her that he was an uncle? She couldn’t remember. Correction, Isabel couldn’t remember, but let’s keep that a secret. “Awww, look at us. Uncle and aunt. We can bring them all back to the coast!” Not that his nieces and/or nephews needed to be saved from any danger, but. You know. The more yearlings the merrier?

Jul 12, 2018 10:11 AM — Post #10

Name Player
Keld Quinn Staff

Yeah, I tried telling him that. He insisted it was fine.” And Keld wasn’t gonna argue and cause more b.s. Teha could go all protective mother on him when he came back or something.

He shrugged again. “She just didn’t seem the social type, I guess. She liked Belarus and I wasn’t all that worried about being buddies with the kid.” He’d had more important things to worry about. Like Belarus’ damn leg, where they might have been able to settle down at. Oh, and Tehanu’s random excursion from the valley with no word. Grumble.

Keld chuckled at that, grinning over at Teha. “We can stop and visit on the way back and you can meet them.”

Jul 12, 2018 10:50 AM — Post #11

Scarce

Name Player
Tehanu Lascrofe Isabel
Achievements (?)

“Of course he did,” Teha muttered under her breath. He’d insist and still be lying. If Belarus wasn’t walking normally, that was a clear, obvious sign that he wasn’t alright.

Now why wasn’t Keld into befriending the child? She didn’t ask. Maybe it was because she was too lovey-dovey over Belarus and Keld didn’t want to get involved with him. That would have made sense.

“That sounds like a plan!” she responded excitedly, tail swishing behind her. And just like that, the conversation topic had already lightened to something a lot more bearable.

[Fade? can make continuation in da pass?]

Jul 12, 2018 11:47 AM — Post #12

Name Player
Keld Quinn Staff

I did get him to kind of agree to let me know if it got worse.” Of course, that didn’t really do anything when Belarus wasn’t even here to tell him whether or not it was better or worse.

He just grinned at Teha’s exclamation, reaching out to headbutt her before picking the pace up just a bit - into something a bit quicker. 

/// Good to fade >:D

Jul 12, 2018 11:56 AM — Post #13

Showing page 1 of 1.

Please log in or register to reply to this thread.