Roleplay Forums | Map

Tease the season to be jolly
Full winter, snowing

Scotch is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Scotch McGibbon Zeri

Obviously there was a lot to learn from the Paloma encounter. A bit of space and a bit of time was definitely needed. Scotch didn’t think he made a good impression and at the same time she didn’t either. He decided to settle with the idea that they both made mistakes. Was it possible to reach a good understanding, was this the wall he needed to break for a chance to have a real friend? It was these thoughts that kept him interested.

He put a lot thought in what she wanted and what she said she was afraid of. In any case he wanted to try again in interacting with her. Of course Scotch refused to call for reasons he had never explained. He simply followed any lingering scent he could find of her. Eventually he’d find her right? His search was slow but steady.

Jul 11, 2018 02:03 PM

[ ignore ]
Name Player
Paloma del Sol Poe
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Something just felt.. off.  She had had a sour taste in her mouth since leaving him, her stomach roiling in uncertainty all the while.  For God’s sake, she had agreed to have his children in a year if things didn’t wash out with other folks.  At the time she hadn’t felt pressured, but now she realized the seriousness of her decision and her heart hadn’t stopped slamming against her chest since.  The wolf had needed some time alone to simply think and had wedged herself inside of a hollowed log, the only sign she was even there her nose barely poking out.  She wanted something to take her mind off things, but what?

Jul 11, 2018 02:53 PM — Post #1

[ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
Name Player
Scotch McGibbon Zeri

The snow that was building up wasn’t helping. Scotch was a skilled hunter, it wasn’t hard to figure out the trail. Casually tracking, eventually the scent lead him to hollowed log. He examined it from afar before approaching. Her scent was much stronger here. That told him she was close.

However he was looking at the opposite side of the log. He didn’t see her just yet. He wasn’t trying to make any noise either.

Jul 11, 2018 03:11 PM — Post #2

Name Player
Paloma del Sol Poe
Achievements (?)
None yet!

An ear twitched.  Had she heard something?  With the snow it was difficult to tell, but she’d be damned if she was crawling out in that miserable nonsense to investigate.  Whatever it was would be hard pressed to attack her when she could easily back up and be out of reach.  The wolf hummed softly to herself, hoping to catch some sleep.  Maybe the sun would even be out when she woke up.

Jul 11, 2018 03:29 PM — Post #3

Name Player
Scotch McGibbon Zeri

Scotch decided to go to the other side of the log to have a look. It wasn’t too surprising to find Paloma wedged in there. He found her and it looked like she was trying to sleep. Therefore Scotch made the choice to settle next to the log without a word. His head was just a little further out so he could see part of what was inside.

Jul 11, 2018 03:51 PM — Post #4

Name Player
Paloma del Sol Poe
Achievements (?)
None yet!

A shadow moving in front of the entrance paused her attempts at sleeping.  Great.  Now she probably WAS about to get attacked and honestly, she wasn’t in the mood.  Not that there was a mood where someone wanted to get attacked, but still. 

It was a few moments later she realized the scent was familiar.  Ahh, Scotch.  Paloma crawled out of her hiding spot a bit more, just enough to turn her head to look at him.  “Looking for me?”

Jul 11, 2018 05:26 PM — Post #5

Name Player
Scotch McGibbon Zeri

She noticed him, asked if he was looking for her. “Kind of.” What? Why couldn’t he admit it? He had actually tried hard to find her without drawing any attention from other wolves.  He was glad to have managed to this time.

Scotch casually continued the conversation. “How was your day?” He asked.

Jul 12, 2018 05:30 AM — Post #6

Name Player
Paloma del Sol Poe
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Paloma stared.  Kind of?  How did one kind of look for someone else?  She thought about asking and decided against it, knowing he wasn’t the type to banter.  Instead she simply let his answer be the answer.  He was kind of looking for her.  Sure, why not.

“Cold, mostly.”  Her eyes wandered out into the dreary weather, noting the flakes with a sigh.  “I’m not built for this kind of weather.”  Were there any deserts nearby?  Or was this how all of Horizon was during the winter months?

Jul 12, 2018 02:04 PM — Post #7

Name Player
Scotch McGibbon Zeri

Not built? Was she a different breed of wolves? Unlikely. “You’re just not use to it.” he said in return. Scotch wasn’t the type to keep asking about the past though. Knowing would be alright but what purpose did it serve?

Instead he focused on the now. “I’m surprise you fit in there, I know I wouldn’t. But does it even help with the cold?” He asked as he laid there next to the log.

Jul 12, 2018 02:48 PM — Post #8

Name Player
Paloma del Sol Poe
Achievements (?)
None yet!

True, she wasn’t used to it.  The issue was whether or not she ever would be.  “I guess.” Her fur was still struggling to grow in think enough to protect her from the harsher climates.  It was ugly, patchy clumps here and there.  “I’m used to the desert.”

She laughed a little bit.  “It’s better than sitting out in the cold and snow.  It’s a little bit of shelter.  Cozy. Just my size.” Her only other option was to find a den, but she highly doubted there was any nearby.

Jul 12, 2018 02:57 PM — Post #9

Name Player
Scotch McGibbon Zeri

Easy to imagine that, if she was having a hard time with the cold then she would have an easy time in the desert. Except wasn’t it usually cold during the nights out there? It’s not like he lived in one himself.

“It’s not that bad out here, the mountains would be harsher. Unless you reach a hot springs.” He paused for a moment. “I can tell you the best is when you are snuggled up with someone. But not everyone can have that luxury.”

Jul 12, 2018 03:22 PM — Post #10

Name Player
Paloma del Sol Poe
Achievements (?)
None yet!

The mountains being harsher didn’t help her case.  She shifted around in the log, knowing she wouldn’t have been able to find the same comfort in the wooden walls so high up.  “Good thing we’re not on a mountain, then.” Maybe she was just a big baby with the cold, but he definitely seemed to have a thicker coat.  Of course he wasn’t as bothered.

“That’s what you said before.  That a wolf and a tree would be the best way to stay warm.  I’m pretty good at finding trees, but not wolves.” She was making due for the most part.  Eventually the log wouldn’t be enough, though.  “Do you know where a hot spring is?”

Jul 12, 2018 09:49 PM — Post #11

Name Player
Scotch McGibbon Zeri

Good, Scotch certainly didn’t want to go back to the mountains. Who knew what chaos was laying in wait out there for him. But then Paloma asked where was this hot springs. Scotch answered anyway. “The springs is in the mountains, claimed by an old wolf and his girlfriend. It’s the only one I know.” He’d be lucky to find another around around here.

Those times were probably the last good times before it all slowly went to hell. Best to avoid the place.

“And yes, that would be the best for you in this area. You did found me as well.” That’s how he remembered it. A voice asking for help but he didn’t do much that day.

Jul 13, 2018 03:53 AM — Post #12

Name Player
Paloma del Sol Poe
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Well, screw that.  Paloma wasn’t about to risk losing her toes over the possibility of getting chased away by some old coot and his lady-friend.  Nope, not on her to-do list.  Eventually she would look for another one—maybe in the summer.  There had to be at least one more, right? 

Her tail twitched.  “Finding you was an accident the first time.  The second time took me forever because someone didn’t want to help me out.”  Tracking was something she, like all wolves, was good at doing.  She was no better than some, no worse than some, a nice level of mediocre.  “You found me faster than I found you.”

Jul 13, 2018 04:10 PM — Post #13

Name Player
Scotch McGibbon Zeri

Scotch reacted “What? It was good practice for you.” Excellent excuse. The real reason was that he never thought someone would be looking for him. He could have decided to ignore her and move on too. But if he kept doing things like that his life would never improve.

“I had to track my brother across several regions. It takes skill and luck to be a great tracker.” He added.

Jul 13, 2018 04:34 PM — Post #14

Name Player
Paloma del Sol Poe
Achievements (?)
None yet!

She huffed.  Good practice?  “If I thought you were trying to help me, maybe I would take that excuse.  I think the fact of the matter is that you were ignoring me.”  A pointed look and a small shake of her head.  Men.

“Oh?  You have family in the area?”  Paloma would have asked why he hadn’t mentioned him before, but something told her it was for a good reason.

Jul 13, 2018 05:05 PM — Post #15

Showing page 1 of 3.

Please log in or register to reply to this thread.