Roleplay Forums | Map

A Helping Hand

Name Player
Applebutter Grim
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Apple was hoping she’d run into Bucky, but she wasn’t exactly looking for him. She bounded through the gorge with a big ol’ fish in her mouth, humming mutedly as she went. The fish struggled, and she cooed. ” ‘ang ohn -”

Pleh.

Plop.

The fish wriggled on the ground, and she put her paw on it to keep it still.

“This pack needs you. They lost all their food. I’m sorry, but there isn’t a way I can make this not hurt.”

Crunch.

At least it was quick. Apple scooped the fish up after thanking it, and headed back to where she’d slept the night Bucky led her here. It occurred to her that a whole pack would definitely need more than one fish, but she was a small girl. She’d go get more, but this was all she could carry.

Aug 13, 2018 12:59 PM

[ ignore ]
Name Player
Eve Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Eve was living up to her word and coming down to fish for Paloma. She was still quite a bit upset about discovering the destruction of her birth home, so she wanted to try and keep busy, keep her mind off things. But she heard a voice, and veered that was curiously to find a tiny woman she hadn’t met yet talking to a fish. To a wolf with Eve’s imagination there was nothing odd at all about this. 

“Hi.” She called out, a bit shy as she often was meeting a stranger. But this one sounded so nice, surely it would be okay. She could introduce herself to somebody without her sisters or Percy holding her paw, she could!

Aug 13, 2018 04:49 PM — Post #1

[ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
Name Player
Applebutter Grim
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Wagging her tail, Apple made a cheerful yet muffled noise at Eve when she saw her, gently putting the fish on the ground and licking her chops.

“Oheeeey!” If wolves could wave, Apple would have the most enthusiastic wave in history.

But she wiggled instead.

She smelled like this place did, so Applebutter assumed the girl lived here. “I wanted to help you guys get your food back!” She laughed. “But I can only carry one fish at a time.”

Aug 16, 2018 07:43 PM — Post #2

Name Player
Eve Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

This wolf seemed cheerful and enthusiastic like Speck. Eve wagged back shyly, without quite so much butt-and-body wiggling as the older female. It took her a moment to realize the female was older. Eve was sure she’d never met such a small wolf - she was used to being the little one!

“Oh, that’s nice really of you.” She commented, staring with fascination at the pretty goldeny coloured marking on the woman’s face. She’d never seen anything like it. Why didn’t her plain pale fur have a nice marking like that? “Do you need any help? Where are you carrying it?” She asked curiously.

Aug 17, 2018 08:20 AM — Post #3

Name Player
Applebutter Grim
Achievements (?)
None yet!

“Awh, thanks but, I’m only doing what anyone should do!” Her cheerful response filled the air.

Then it occurred to her that she had no idea where the pack kept their food. Which was probably smart on Bucky’s end, not telling a total stranger where they keep what little food they had left after the disaster.

“I actually…ha! I don’t know where you guys keep your food at all. I wanted to go back and forth restocking it. But if you’re hungry you can have this one! And ooh, maybe we could do it together if you wanted to help!”

Friends!

Aug 18, 2018 10:06 AM — Post #4

Name Player
Eve Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

She was nice as well as pretty, Eve decided, though she felt a tiny bit of jealousy. She pushed the thought away. “Oh the new cache is just up the hill a little way.” She explained. “I’d love to help! But um. You can’t put fish into the cache.” She blinked a little nervously. “They go rotten, you see, you have to eat them straight away.”

Ooooh she hoped this wolf wouldn’t get mad for being corrected by somebody so much younger than she was!

Aug 18, 2018 06:28 PM — Post #5

Name Player
Applebutter Grim
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Apple’s ears fell a little, glancing down at the fish.

“Oh. Woops.”

She laughed.

“I’ve never actually lived near water, we always just had rabbits n’ stuff…never caught a fish I didn’t eat right away either. Silly me!”

But then she looked really, really sad.

“I’d hate for him to go to waste…but I’m not really hungry.” Oh no. No! No no, no. This wasn’t good. She took a life needlessly, that wasn’t her way at all.

Okay Apple, calm down. Someone in this pack had to be hungry. A fish couldn’t possibly go bad THAT fast. Right?

Aug 18, 2018 06:52 PM — Post #6

Name Player
Eve Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

The older female said ‘whoops’ but then she laughed, and Eve breathed a little sigh of relief. So she couldn’t be too mad, surely? Nobody had ever explained to her how things worked with fish. It wasn’t her fault.

“Let’s not waste him.” She decided with a small, shy smile. “I’m helping look after a wolf with a hurt paw. Do you mind if I take it to her? Then, if you like, I can come back and help you catch some more and when we have a few caught, we can call some of the pack together for a meal.” Her tail waved hopefully. That sounded fun to Eve. A good way to spend another miserable winter day.

Aug 18, 2018 06:58 PM — Post #7

Name Player
Applebutter Grim
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Complete relief washed over her face. Eve didn’t know it yet, but Apple almost got herself into BIG trouble with the Devas. They did not entertain ignorance of facts, just the action that was performed. If the cycle of life was interrupted even slightly, oh gosh, this place had already suffered an earthquake. Apple wouldn’t even know where to start with repenting if she’d caused something worse.

She had to be more careful.

But luck was on her side. So long as this life went to feed another, all was well! And even better, it was going to the aid of a poor injured girl.

“Oooooh, poor sweet thing, I hope she’s recovering - is it bad or just mild?” She didn’t give a chance for Eve to answer; she was excited to help someone. “I’d love nothing more than for her to have this big fat fish! And having a big meal sound so fun!”

There goes her tail again.

Aug 19, 2018 10:38 PM — Post #8

Name Player
Eve Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Eve felt like she’d been helpful! The woman looked super relieved, and Eve’s tail wagged behind her. But she soon asked about Paloma and Eve nodded.

“I think she’s feeling better, we have a healer called Witchhazel who is helping her paw get better and teaching me what to do for a sprained paw! My Uncle Bucky found Palmoa hurt on the beach. He’s always saving people and bringing them here!” Eve chattered. It gave her really good ideas for the stories she liked to tell.

“Ooooh are you sure you don’t mind? Do you want me to take it to Paloma now then I’ll come back and we can fish together?”

Aug 20, 2018 03:50 AM — Post #9

Name Player
Applebutter Grim
Achievements (?)
None yet!

“Oh, Bucky’s your uncle!? That’s awesome! He’s the one who helped me get here, oh man was I a frozen mess!”

Apologizing to the ocean was high on her to-do list.

“And that’s awesome, I’m soooo happy to hear that. Hurt paws are the worst for a creature that walks all the time. Good thing we’ve got four of ‘em, right?” A laugh.

The more wolves she met here, the more Applebutter wanted to stay. Her heart was at rest here. She didn’t feel like she was just passing through. Though, she wondered, if the tug of adventure pulled her scruff again, would Bucky mind? Her family was extremely free with those kinds of things, but she knew after all her traveling that it wasn’t the norm.

Eh. That would be a worry for later. For now, fish!

“Of course! I couldn’t be happier about taking it to her! I can practice catching them while you’re gone and she gets fresh food: win win!” Her tail wagged.

Aug 21, 2018 10:17 PM — Post #10

Name Player
Eve Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Eve listened to this with obvious admiration. “He saved you too?” She wagged her tail. It didn’t surprise her. Maybe one day she’d be as brave as her Uncle Bucky! Eve giggled a bit as well at the joke. This wolf was pretty funny, like Speck was!

She wagged some more when her idea was accepted. “Okay! I’ll be right back!” Beamed Eve, scooping up the fish and bounding off.

((I’m sorry for the slowness this sank in her threadlog!!

If you want to do a little timeskippy in your post or I can when I throw Eve back here next round <3))

Aug 24, 2018 06:41 AM — Post #11

Name Player
Applebutter Grim
Achievements (?)
None yet!

((No biggie!))

“Byyyeeee! For nooow at least!” Apple giggled after the girl as she bounded away.

She decided to spend the time just watching the fish. She was originally going to catch-and-release for practice, but they were so graceful and pretty.

Aug 24, 2018 02:57 PM — Post #12

Name Player
Eve Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

((Returning a short while later.))

Eve had delivered her fishy favour and returned, tail waving, eager to get back to her newest friend. All the wolves around here were so nice!

“Hi again!” She smiled a bit shyly, hoping the grownup hadn’t changed her mind. “Oh, I didn’t tell you my name before! It’s Eve. What’s yours?”

Aug 24, 2018 06:42 PM — Post #13

Name Player
Applebutter Grim
Achievements (?)
None yet!

“Ooh hey!” Apple looked up from her observations, tail wagging.

Then;

“Pfff! Silly me! I’m sorry, I totally forgot-” She laughed, shaking her fur out. “Nice to meet you, Eve! I’m Applebutter, but most of my friends just call me Apple!” She grinned.

Aug 28, 2018 11:40 AM — Post #14

Name Player
Eve Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Eve wasn’t quite sure what butter was, but she knew what apples were - she’d even tasted one early on in autumn! That struck the girl as funny, eating an apple when she was meeting an Apple now. But she thought of something that meant her laughter was short lived.

“Do you mind if… if I call you Apple…?”

Aug 29, 2018 06:47 PM — Post #15

Showing page 1 of 3.

Please log in or register to reply to this thread.