Roleplay Forums | Map

these lines on my face are getting clearer
early morning, nearing the southern edge of the forest

14470
Kilorn is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Kilorn Vibe
 

Steadily west, he had gone at first, opting to leave the geysers behind in favor of further exploration of the forest. He had informed Mara of his plan to look about further - and perhaps she would even choose to join him at some point, which he would not have been at all opposed to. If she didn’t, however, he did not wished for her to believe he had vanished, or hadn’t meant the things he had said to her, not too long ago.

Quite on the contrary, some of those very subjects had been on his mind, more than usual as of late, as Kilorn struggled to decide what he wished to do. He still wasn’t sure.

They’d probably head for the coast again, sooner rather than later, though. Kilorn could imagine that the brother his companion had spoken of would want to see Mara once again, given just how long they’d been apart, and just how short their previous reunion had been. He still didn’t know terribly much about all of that.. but.

It wasn’t his place to pry. He hadn’t exactly been open about his past, either, so that didn’t give him much right to go asking questions of his companion.

So he wouldn’t. Instead, he focused on his exploring. He’d veered south after a time, away from another pack he’d scented in this section of the forest - not wishing to encounter any of those just yet, but marking it on the mental map he was building of the place all the same.

He had reached an area where the trees were beginning to thin, affording him a view of the plains that stretched out beyond. The sun was only just beginning to rise above the horizon, and it was here that he decided to stop, affording himself a moment to admire the view. Things would be coming back to life soon enough, and he couldn’t have been happier about it.

Kilorn certainly preferred to see everything when it was alive and colorful, as opposed to dull and dead. And since this spring marked his sixth year of life, he didn’t know how many more of them he’d get to experience. All the more reason to enjoy this one, then, he supposed.


Sep 16, 2018 09:07 PM

  [ ignore ]
230505
Name Player
Vincent Laroche Art Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!
 

He remembered these woods, vaguely. He’d skirted by them along the cliffside of the coast when travelling down and doing scoutings of the borders of the beach. They smelled of damp dirt and pine and the first returning hints of the sea on the air.

Picking up his pace a little bit, Vince was happier to give in to the temporary burst of hope amid his heartache as he thought of being close to home. Hearing the brushing of leaves and fronds, he had a feeling he wasn’t the only one in the forest currently, and it was only a short moment later that he spotted a glimpse of grey fur between the trees.

Feeling much friendly than he had far inland, he called out loud and clear, “Hey there!”


Sep 20, 2018 10:10 AM — Post #1

  [ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
230738
Name Player
Cian tk
Achievements (?)
None yet!
 

throwing cian in a couple of threads around here :D
__

The forests were alive with songs of the wildlife as the sun poured its light into the valley. Whether it be bird or insect, he breathed in the air brimming with foliage of all sorts. Definitely a refresher as compared to the coast’s salty fragrance.

He softly hummed out tunes as he allowed the peaceful setting wash over him. No caterwauling or screeches, just a sense of calm. Though, that all changed when he heard a male’s voice greeting someone loud. Halting his humming, Cian kept his slow pace going as he tried to pinpoint where.

It was definitely near, where the trees stopped and grassland started, but it wasn’t at him specifically. Was it some wolves from that pack Bucky mentioned? Maybe so!

And they definitely sounded friendly, or atleast from the tone, so obviously these wolves aren’t the aggressive one he’s heard of. Keeping to the slow pace, he ambled towards where he heard the voice. It was only until he could see two wolves did he call out to them, “Hello you two!


Sep 21, 2018 09:58 PM — Post #2

  [ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
230971
Kilorn is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Kilorn Vibe
 

It seemed that he was not the only early riser in this part of the forest. Scents had been present all around him, even as he’d turned away to avoid the pack, but Kilorn hadn’t expected he would meet anyone just yet. The masculine sounding voice that had called out to him seemed to have a rather friendly tone to it.

Livelier than the female he had met a few days ago, though she had ended up providing him with a pleasant if somewhat brief conversation. He’d gained something from it, however, and perhaps he could learn from this male too. Turning about, posture loose and relaxed, Kilorn was about to respond when another voice beat him to it.

Two males. The second seemed equally as amicable. Wasn’t he fortunate?

Kilorn was able to spy the dark figure of the first wolf and was pretty sure he could also see flashes of a lighter toned male who appeared to be making his way toward them as well.

”Good morning!” He called back to the both of them, keeping the greeting simple until both of them grew nearer.

//Eyy sorry about the wait! Was out of town on a trip the last few days~


Sep 23, 2018 07:32 PM — Post #3

  [ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
230996
Peak is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Peak Ceasar Kellee
 

(hope it’s okay I join in ^^)

She was slinking along in the forest, practicing making as little noise as she could. This time, she was trying to hunt, as she was desperate for food and starting to starve. She had been searching for food for three days, but hadn’t found anything dead or anyone else’s hunt left behind. She even considering ‘sneaking’ onto some packs lands and sniffing out their cache, she was growing that desperate.

When she saw the rabbit before her, her heart started to pound and she froze. Her mouth was watering as she stared at the rabbit, and she remained stiff for a moment before lurching forward, mouth wide, as she desperately tried to surprise the little creature. But she was too far away, and the rabbit immediately started to rush away. She gave chase, not caring about how much noise she made now, desperate to catch the small critter.

She chased it for a bit, before it made a sudden turn and tucked itself down a tunnel. She turned her head to follow, but not her body, still running at full speed. She looked back the direction she was heading, noticing at the last moment that she was in fact about to run right into the rump of another wolf. She tried to stop desperately, unable to bark at the wolf to alert him, she closed her eyes as she tried to skid to a stop, not certain if she’d crash into the dark colored wolf or not.


Sep 23, 2018 09:40 PM — Post #4

  [ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
231014
Name Player
Cedar Alex
Achievements (?)
None yet!
 

This forest was quite nice… she always did favor the woods to the fields. With the greater coverage and underbrush, she felt much safer. Curled up between a few shrubs, Cedar slumbered. She stirred to the singing of birds and uncurled, stretching her forelegs outward and splaying her toes. She shuddered, feeling her joints lightly pop, then yawned. She softly sighed then let herself relax in that spot for a few peaceful moments, before crawling out of her hiding place and rising to her paws. She was still a bit drowsy, but she was ready to start her day. She had plans.

Cedar stretched again and shook her coat free of any dust and debris. She began her morning grooming session, taking great care to clean her coat and leave it smooth with not a hair out of place. If only she had a stream or lake right there, then she could admire herself as she groomed. When she decided she’d done enough, she thought it might do well to get a light breakfast. Something to give her enough energy for her travels.

Cedar moved further into the woods, sniffing along the path and checking the wind for any trails. That was when she noticed the scent of a few wolves not too far from her. She wasn’t sure quite how many there were, but it seemed like quite a number, though she didn’t get the impression these were a pack. Pack wolves had a certain something that unified them, something these wolves didn’t seem to have. But perhaps one of them could be what she was looking for? Though a pack’s healer was her first choice for a trainer, she would not pass up a rogue healer if that was what was sent her way.

And so she began to track these scents.

It hadn’t been long before she could see a dark-furred male in the forest and a thin yearling skidding across the dirt, barreling towards him and seeming unable to stop herself. The male didn’t appear to be paying attention and it’d only be a matter of seconds before the two would crash into each other. Cedar hopped out from the underbrush and barked out a quick warning, “Watch out, sir!” Hopefully, he would be able to react in time.


Sep 23, 2018 11:37 PM — Post #5

  [ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
[ Edited: Sep 28, 2018 10:44 AM by Cedar ]
231590
Name Player
Vincent Laroche Art Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!
 

</b>((-smooshes everyone in a hug- sorry for keeping y’all waiting on me!!)

Hey, someone else was here, too! Besides the fella he’d been calling to, that is. And both of them seemed receptive to friendliness, their own greetings stirring light swishes of the end of his tail. Taking their welcomes as a sign to come closer for some reasonable conversation without shouting their heads off, Vincent trotted around a couple more trees and barely caught a glimpse of a scampering rabbit before yet another wolf dived into things, quite, uh, headfirst.

Vincent staggered with a grunt, trying for a moment to hold onto the ground and giving up and going with falling over being much easier. Legs akimbo, he was sure he was quite a sight sprawled in the dirt, vaguely registering that someone else had tried to shout something.

“Hi there,” he stupidly croaked again, trying to de-tangle himself from himself and his new twister partner and see who it was.


Sep 28, 2018 10:05 AM — Post #6

  [ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
231619
Name Player
Cian tk
Achievements (?)
None yet!
 

His intentions were to meet up with the two and just converse, but it seems fate had decided he was to be witness to a minor accident. As his peripherals noted the quick movements and his ears picked up the thundering of paws, his reaction to it was not as quick as the suddenness of a wolf careening right into the darker male ahead of him.

Jaws going slack, Cian leapt forward with a burst of speed as worry weaved into his blood, “Sir! Sir, are you alright? Ma’am?

There was another wolf considering a feminine voice had reached his ears, but the words were lost as he concentrated on the sprawling wolves. Blue eyes roved over their bodies to see any blatant wounds like perhaps broken bones or cuts. It didn’t seem like anyone was hurt, but no one can ever see the damage from the inside.

Are you both okay? Any pain?


Sep 28, 2018 01:23 PM — Post #7

  [ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
231675
Kilorn is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Kilorn Vibe
 

For one who very often attempted to avoid the company of most everyone, except for one very special individual, in particular, the sudden appearance of two more was more than a little startling, perhaps even overwhelming. He didn’t have very much time to take anything in, however - aside from noting that none of the wolves who had suddenly converged upon this spot seemed to be familiar with one another - before a wolf colored very similarly to himself literally ran into the darker male standing before Kilorn.

The second approaching female he did not acknowledge aside from a passing glance attempted to offer a warning, but it had been too little and much too late.

The two ended up upon the ground, which was probably the wisest thing the male could have done, which would lessen the impact and any risk of injury, as opposed to attempting to stand his ground. The hunter in Kilorn wasn’t at all sure how someone could be so focused as to just totally not see another wolf right in front of them, but.. she did appear young. He could let her off for being inexperienced.

Coming forth now was the lighter toned male, inquiring if the two were alright. Neither of them seemed particularly worse for wear, probably just winded and startled, though he remained on standby, lingering a couple of steps back, in case one of them would, in fact, need help - but also not wishing to crowd them.

This was definitely not how Kilorn had thought this day would start.


Sep 28, 2018 08:14 PM — Post #8

  [ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
231720
Peak is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Peak Ceasar Kellee
 

Her eyes were still closed. Her heart was racing as she made contact, and for a brief minute she felt her body ache as the Male stiffened against her. Then he let go, and she went toppling to the ground with him. Great. What a way to introduce yourself there, Peak.

She opened one eye apprehensively, hearing a lot of voices and noise. She realized that there were at least two other wolves here, besides the one she was currently a bit tangled up with. One was close, asking if she was okay and she pushed herself a bit away from the Male the best she could before she poked her head up better. She was absolutely terrified.

Her ears were flat against her head and her eyes were wide. She turned her attention to the Male that asked if she was okay. Was she okay? Her body ached, but it had already ached from hunger. Besides the strange way her body body looked - for she was in the middle of a growth spurt - her bones jutted out just a bit from the hunger. No, she wasnt okay, but she couldn’t tell him that.

Instead, she pushed herself up with a wince. Her right shoulder definitely hurt more than before. She immediately tucked her tail and lowered herself to the other wolves around, still terrified. Looking down at the wolf she crashed into, shed be blushing if she could. She desperately wanted to ask if he was okay, but instead she carefully placed a wet nose against his shoulder then pulled back into her submissive pose immediately, her eyes still wide in terror.


Sep 28, 2018 10:46 PM — Post #9

  [ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
231822
Name Player
Cedar Alex
Achievements (?)
None yet!
 

Well, that warning was a waste, wasn’t it? Almost as soon as she’d opened her mouth, the girl crashed into the dark gentleman and the two were tangled up on the ground. A big light-colored male rushed over to see the wreckage and asked the two if they were alright—a bit too worriedly, in Cedar’s opinion. They seemed fine, albeit a little shaken up. Was he a healer? He talked a bit like one, though it was hard to tell. Cedar stayed back to observe and give the wolves their space. That look in the girl’s eyes, the last thing she probably wanted was a bunch of wolves crowding around her.


Sep 30, 2018 02:32 AM — Post #10

  [ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
231977
Name Player
Vincent Laroche Art Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!
 

Vince was alert enough to chuckle a little to himself at being addressed as ‘sir’. Imagine such formalities among tribemates! The worry was appreciated, however, so he wasn’t going to sass the stranger over it. Instead he simply answered, “Yep, all good!” as he got himself hauled onto his feet again, glancing around the other faces to see if they’d tripped over and stumbled into anyone else. Thankfully, only he and the female had collided it seemed.

Unlike the grey and darker-coloured wolves, Vince couldn’t really give the girl that had run into him that much extra space, not without making it weird (to him anyway—what was he supposed to do, run away from her like she was the boogey wolf? awkward). Boy, she sure didn’t look all good though. His heart hurt a bit for her; again, he couldn’t imagine the Tribe standing by such formal displays, but everyone at the beach always was just a little… different.

“Hey, uh, it’s. Okay.” He tried to stand as neutral as possible in front of her, wagging his tail with a loose hope she’d realize there was nothing to be afraid of. “No harm done, right?” He glanced around at the faces of the others, internally begging for help. Anyone… anyone know her? Know what to do to make her feel better? Salt and sand, he’d been the one run into he just felt guilty about it the way she was treating him!


Oct 01, 2018 10:01 AM — Post #11

  [ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
232045
Name Player
Cian tk
Achievements (?)
None yet!
 

They seemed alright as initially diagnosed, but the girl seemed ready to jump out of her skin. Was that a wince he saw or just her cringing away from everyone? It was hard to tell with this one, but he immediately tucked his ears back and wagged his tail slowly as he lowered his front-half to the ground akin to a play-bow with a smile bright, broad on his face to try to make the girl more comfortable. To show there was nothing to fear. No one was angry, right?

Like he said, miss, everything’s alright. I just want to know if you’ve bruised something.” Again, one cannot see what lies underneath the skin, so he must ask these questions even if they seemed pointless. He glanced about, turning his head to see who exactly was around and what was found was the initial male he was going to introduce himself staying where he was at, and the source of the voice from moments earlier standing where she was. He’d have to thank them for not rushing over, otherwise that might just upset this girl infront of them even more! “I can go quickly grab something if you want it to help calm down, maybe even something to chew on to busy yourself? No one’s angry.

Yes, make sure she deliberately knows she’s alright.


Oct 01, 2018 09:25 PM — Post #12

  [ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
232163
Kilorn is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Kilorn Vibe
 

Kilorn almost immediately felt bad for what he had thought about the young female as his eyes were drawn to her, now. No wonder she’d been so focused on making her catch, as thin and unhealthy looking as she was. But other than that, she appeared to be okay, though curiously she did not say anything. Instead, she almost instantly adopted a position resembling that of a frightened, which she pretty much was.

In fact, she looked almost terrified. Like what she had just done was some catastrophic mistake and now she was awaiting retribution.

The second female had kept her distance, Kilorn noted, though he did not think too much about her beyond that. The initial wolf he’d been about to greet picked himself up too, claiming that he was alright. He even attempted to assure the wolf that had crashed into him that it was alright, albeit in a rather uncertain tone.

What was spoken by the second, lightly toned male seemed far more convincing, and it also appeared he might have some knowledge of herbs or the like, if he was offering to get her something to calm her down.

Not like his presence was particularly warranted, but also feeling like he’d been caught up in this now.. Kilorn couldn’t quite decide if he wished to attempt to excuse himself or try to offer his assistance.

His conscience goaded him into going with the latter. ”It was just an accident. And perhaps I can find another meal for you, if you’d like?” That was what she’d been after, to begin with. And he couldn’t very well leave someone that appeared to be starving to just, fend for themselves.


Oct 02, 2018 08:25 PM — Post #13

  [ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
232322
Peak is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Peak Ceasar Kellee
 

Peak felt suddenly very crowded, with all these wolves talking to her at once. She wasn’t afraid, necessarily, but she was growing anxious at the growing crowd. She looked around over the wolves quickly, and spotted the other female, giving her a desperate ‘help!’ look. Maybe she’d be able to see that she was uncomfortable? Maybe not, but she desperately hoped she’d notice.

She scooted back further from the males, shaking her head a bit at their questions to her health. She couldn’t tell them she was fine, and she was aside from the slight pain in her shoulder which made her limp slightly. She also couldn’t tell them she was overwhelmed. Instead, she continued to lower herself closer to the ground, fear in her eyes and her nerves on edge. There was a medical wolf, she was certain, as he was offering her herbs, but she shook her head at him too, as she wasn’t experienced enough to trust a stranger to give her a plant she had no knowledge of.

Then another male was there, offering food. She shook her head at him, too. No, she didn’t want help. She would feel guilty if this male caught food for her, weak. She didn’t want that. She wanted to be independent, show that her family was wrong - that she could survive like this. She stood up tall suddenly, her tail waving side to side in a friendly manner. You are strong! She thought to herself, as she looked at the males in a very serious way. She stepped back a few paces from them, and then sat down, hopefully showing them that she wanted some space.

She looked again at the male she’d run into, trying to show apology on her face as she nosed in his direction. She wasn’t close enough to make contact this time, but wanted to be certain he was okay. So she sniffed at him and then tilted her head to the side, hoping this act of curiosity got her point across.


Oct 03, 2018 09:38 PM — Post #14

  [ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
232379
Name Player
Cedar Alex
Achievements (?)
None yet!
 

Cedar was beginning to feel bad for the girl with all these men crowding around her like that. She noticed the girl had shot a look in her direction, wide eyed and desperate as she tied to make some distance between herself and the males. Cedar’s ears pulled back. She had half a mind to stay back and leave it alone—not her problem—but the other part of her couldn’t abandon a young girl to such a situation… especially with how thin she was and that expression in her eyes was just… pitiful…

Her attention was taken once again by the large male with the pale fur and a streak of light brown across his muzzle, she now noticed. It sounded like he was offering herbs this time, so eager to help the girl and try to comfort her (though were Cedar in the girl’s place, she would not feel very comforted by a big bear of a man, and a total stranger at that, crowding around her and offering ‘help’). Her suspicions were more-or-less confirmed at this point. He must have been a healer… or at least a wolf playing as one. It was enough to draw her curiosity. She noticed one of the other men, who had been keeping his distance as well up to this point, offered to hunt for the girl. Though a hunt sounded fantastic, it didn’t seem like the girl was very interested in his offer.

Cedar stepped in closer to the girl and took a place by her side. Looking towards the large wolf, she said, “It’s alright, sir. What the girl needs most is space to breathe, don’t you think?” She momentarily looked back at the girl and offered her a gentle smile.  Cedar’s gaze turned back to the male. “But… perhaps you could help me? I have been looking for a healer for some time now.”


Oct 04, 2018 09:40 AM — Post #15

  [ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
Showing page 1 of 2.
1
 
Please log in or register to reply to this thread.