Roleplay Forums | Map

Letters of the lost
HY5, ES | Morning, chilly but not overcast

Name Player
Relic Aureum Erin
Achievements (?)
1year 2mos 6mos 100posts 250posts otm profile

He knew Bea’s death would come sooner rather than later; Relic was no idiot. It was more that he hoped it wouldn’t be now. That it wouldn’t be just after giving birth. Many thoughts ran through the Lumen’s head. Would Claes and Anna step up or would they flee? Would Stephan be broken beyond repair? He legitimately worried for everybody and hoped, deep down, that everybody would band together rather than run away and start a new life elsewhere - away from the grounds where everybody’s beloved old lady died.

Relic sighed, tears stinging his eyes as they stared down to the crashing waters below. The thought of jumping never appealed to him, but somehow the chaos of it all had him feeling oddly better. If only a smidge.

Eventually, he slid forward to lay on his stomach and allowed his front paws to dangle freely off the cliff’s edge. Marbled gaze pulled up to admire the morning sun creeping above the ocean’s horizon. As much as he wanted a distraction from everything in that moment, he knew he had a responsibility to own up to. He needed to find his remaining pack mates, his remaining family. A conversation was required, if only to see how exactly they might be feeling.

The need to speak to the surrogate mother also lingered, but Relic figured he’d leave them in peace for a bit first. To wait until all the crazed emotions die down before approaching her and the new pups. He thanked his lucky stars that, at the very least, the pups had a better chance of making it in the wake of Bea’s death.

Sep 23, 2018 08:15 AM

[ ignore ]
Name Player
Likah Aurora
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Likah had been following the coast for a while, though a few days ago he had hit the mountains, making his journey even more difficult. The trek had become easier, the cliffs somewhat flatter than the steep hills and sides of the mountain.

He rose from his spot nestled in between a few pines, shaking dirt from his coat. The morning was cloudless, and his thick coat of fur kept him mostly warm despite the chill in the air. Likah moved towards the edge of the cliff, spotting another male laying there. He contemplated giving him a light nudge off, not enough to make him fall, but just enough to scare him. However, Likah didn’t feel quite like getting into a scrap, so he dismissed the idea.

Instead, he approached as quietly as possible until he was just behind the other male, and tried to step on his tail.

Sep 23, 2018 10:17 PM — Post #1

[ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
[ Edited: Sep 24, 2018 09:09 PM by Likah ]
Name Player
Relic Aureum Erin
Achievements (?)

Relic was resting peacefully - more or less despite the inner turmoil in his mind. That was, until he felt something step on the tip of his tail.

Ears immediately flattened as a snarl loosed from his throat in response to the sudden pain. Simultaneously his neck twisted and body soon followed, though more pain was elicited once his tail was pulled out from underneath the weight. Once his body was angled well enough to see behind him, his gaze narrowed harshly onto the stranger facing him.

“Perhaps you should watch where you’re stepping, stranger,” he bit, though he ensured his tone wasn’t as harsh as he’d wanted it to be. Maybe the guy didn’t realize where he was walking. But if that were the case, he shouldn’t be in the mountains.

Sep 25, 2018 07:38 AM — Post #2

Name Player
Likah Aurora
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Likah pulled back quickly, a fake expression of surprise on his face. “Sorry, I didn’t see you there. At all. Whatsoever.” He spouted sarcastically, staring down at the new wolf.

“Name’s Likah. You are?” He drawled, taking one step back to give the stranger more room to get up. He wanted to size this wolf up, and he couldn’t really do that if he was laying down turned all sorts of ways to look up at him.

Sep 25, 2018 06:32 PM — Post #3

Name Player
Relic Aureum Erin
Achievements (?)

|| -pokes- Rel is already standing up to more or less face Likah (: ||

Relic regarded the male with an expressionless face. He would be reasonably civil, but he wasn’t in the mood to go out of his way to do it if the stranger in front of him wasn’t going to extend the same respect.

Sighing to himself, he ignored whatever pointless and sarcastic comments he had for Relic.

“Relic,” he replied. “I lead a pack in these mountains.” He didn’t really want to tell Likah specifically where, so he left it at that.

“Speaking of which, I should probably be heading back.” Before everybody goes off looking for him, he wanted to add. No use in having anybody think Relic had up and abandoned them.

Sep 26, 2018 11:33 AM — Post #4

Name Player
Likah Aurora
Achievements (?)
None yet!

A pack? Wolves that could benefit him? This interested the younger male. “A pack? What do you call it? How many wolve’s you got?” He asked, purely out of curiosity. And if he lead the pack, why was he so far from it? Why wasn’t he with another wolf?

I am so super sorry it took so long to post this! I’m also sorry for the shortness!

Oct 06, 2018 07:33 AM — Post #5

Name Player
Relic Aureum Erin
Achievements (?)

The male’s sudden interest in his pack caught Relic off guard. Somehow, the wolf in front of him seemed more the rogue type than the type to play well with others.

He stopped in his steps and glanced to him. “We’re called the Soulfire Covenant,” he said casually. “And there are a decent number of us,” he lied, but he didn’t want this male to have the information to try and do something sketchy to his pack members. Not that this stranger would be any match for Ash, Anna, Claes, and Relic altogether. Even so, there were other things the basin was currently protecting.

Oct 06, 2018 01:01 PM — Post #6

Name Player
Likah Aurora
Achievements (?)
None yet!

// So sorry for the late reply! :/ Marching band completely stole any free time I had since state championships are next week. Here is one now though!

A good number of wolves. A good amount that could benefit him. Because Likah was what mattered. “You must be busy then, managing everyone and making sure they are all doing their duties. And punishing those who don’t.” His reply was naive, showing his only knowledge of packs was that they were strict and downright cruel at times. Unless you held power, in which case you benefited from the suffering of your lower ranked companions.

Oct 21, 2018 11:09 PM — Post #7

Name Player
Relic Aureum Erin
Achievements (?)

Relic quirked a brow as he regarded the male. “Busy, indeed. But everybody understands their roles. Punishment is hardly required.” He blinked a few times.

|| It’s ok, I’m in the same late-posting boat. Here’s a teeny reply xDD ||

Oct 29, 2018 08:42 PM — Post #8

Name Player
Likah Aurora
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Punishment hardly required? What kind of pack was this? Likah had only ever heard stories of them being harsh, almost as harsh as living alone. He cast aside any previous rude behavior and only showed curiosity. “Then how do they stay in line? How do they not walk all over you if you don’t display your dominance often?” He inquired, his head tilted ever so slightly to the side.

// Lol! It’s fine. Marching band season is over, we placed second at the State Championships! Now I have free time! //

Nov 01, 2018 05:44 PM — Post #9

Name Player
Relic Aureum Erin
Achievements (?)

Relic was dumbfounded by how dumbfounded this male was to hearing that his pack wasn’t all about punishment and malicious intent towards their packmates.

“It’s called respect,” he said simply, having no intention of his comment coming out condescending. “A pack doesn’t need punishment in order to keep their members in line, nor does it need intimidation to keep them there. If you treat others with respect and show them their worth, I find they are more willing to stay voluntarily.” Then he shrugged, because to Relic it was all common sense.

“I’d rather live somewhere, among others, that I genuinely enjoy. Wouldn’t you?” It was his turn to tilt his head as he awaited an answer from the male.

|| Ahh, congrats! (: ||

Nov 05, 2018 06:01 PM — Post #10

[ Edited: Nov 05, 2018 06:44 PM by Relic ]
Name Player
Likah Aurora
Achievements (?)
None yet!

All of this was new to Likah. He was raised on the firm belief that packs only functioned properly because the leader kept them in line through fear. Heat rushed to Likah’s face, and he was glad that his fur hid his embarrassment at his ignorance. Not that he would ever admit that he was ignorant out loud.

“I wouldn’t know. I guess….” It was still a touchy subject, his family, but he could be vague. “I never had that. A simple statement, and he wasn’t very willing to elaborate.

Nov 06, 2018 09:04 PM — Post #11

Name Player
Relic Aureum Erin
Achievements (?)

Relic noticed the sudden shift in the male’s demeanor into something much less aggressive and almost bashful, unsure. The timber appreciated that, because he was in no mood to throw someone off the side of a cliff today.

“I never had that.” The statement had Relic sighing. He could only imagine how the others might react to him bringing this stranger into their basin, should he want to. But he figured if the male acted out too much then the others would just tear him a new one until he either left or cooperated.

“I’m not one for a big speech of persuasion into joining my pack. However, if you’d like to take a look around the basin and stay for a bit, you’re welcome to. But I warn you - if you bring harm to anyone in there in any unwarranted way, I will not hesitate to bar you out of our home.” He quirked a brow, curious to see the reaction to come from the stranger.

Nov 07, 2018 04:53 PM — Post #12

Name Player
Likah Aurora
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Relic’s reaction was unexpected, at the least. Likah was unsure at first, how to answer. “Ah… uhm…. That is a kind offer, and one I wouldn’t be inclined to turn down. I promise I won’t harm any of your pack.” His reluctance vanished quickly though, at the thought of a life around kind wolves.

Nov 07, 2018 06:30 PM — Post #13

Name Player
Relic Aureum Erin
Achievements (?)

Relic nodded to Likah’s words, offering a small smile in return.

“Allow me to take you there,” he said, turning to walk away with Likah in tow if he chose to follow at this time.

|| Do you want to offscreen Relic bringing Likah into the basin or make a backdated thread for it? (: ||

Nov 08, 2018 02:37 PM — Post #14

Name Player
Likah Aurora
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Likah nodded, shuffling his paws for a moment, suddenly a ball of nerves. He took a deep breath to compose himself, letting his usual careless smirk sit on his face once more. Likah followed Relic, wondering what was in store him.

// Maybe we can backdate one if you’d like? Also fade. //

Nov 08, 2018 05:36 PM — Post #15

Showing page 1 of 2.

Please log in or register to reply to this thread.