Roleplay Forums | Map

there is hope
early spring, evening

Name Player
Paloma del Sol Poe

Paloma tried her best to simply be present.  If she couldn’t follow her own advice, what good was she in giving it?  The wolf found herself missing the handful of wolves that had gone out scouting and wishing she had been able to go with them; if anything, they would have been good company.  Maybe the next time they went out she could sneak along and see what it was all about, introduce herself to the other packs and have a safe (and guided!) tour of everywhere she had yet to see.  Oh well.  There was nothing she could do but try to help hold down the fort at home.. not that she was doing a particularly good job at the moment.  The little wolf had gone to Falcon’s Rise earlier in the day to watch for, well, falcons.  Now that nighttime was quickly approaching they had all retreated to the safety of their nests, but Paloma remained – a black silhouette in the dying light.

Sep 26, 2018 04:42 PM

[ ignore ]
Name Player
Applebutter Grim

The view was amazing.

Apple had gone a bit past the scent markers of her new home, but promised herself she’d never go farther than this without making sure everyone knew she was definitely coming back. She loved to explore, so settling down was not exactly her speed - but it was also not impossible for her. She loved it here. She loved all the wolves she’d met so far, and she couldn’t wait to meet more of them.

She was lost in her own little world, watching the sunset and admiring the absolute vastness of the nature around her. She could almost feel it breathing, and she felt more connected with the Devas than she had in a long time.

Apple’s eyes welled up with silent, happy tears.

Sep 27, 2018 01:24 PM — Post #1

[ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
Name Player
Paloma del Sol Poe

Paloma looked up to the sky as the stars began to shine and in the distance, a half-moon peaked down from behind a few clouds.  Peaceful.  It was peaceful.  How long had Paloma wanted exactly this?  The freedom to make her own decisions, the peace of being away from her family and the kinship that came with belonging to the Rangers.  Would she stay with them forever?  Maybe, maybe not.  For the time being, however, she could think of nothing else but to stay by their side.

Speaking of kinship..

Amber eyes drifted to the form of another wolf, the recognition clicking immediately.  Applebutter.  She remembered the name from the meeting, remembered thinking she seemed like a kind woman.  Paloma woofed lowly in greeting, her tail wagging amicably.  “Hey, remember me?”

Sep 28, 2018 03:58 PM — Post #2

Name Player
Applebutter Grim

Her eyes were closed gently as she enjoyed a small breeze, but soon a scent wafted on over, followed by a woof.

Apple looked at Paloma bright-eyed, smiling.

“Oh hiiii!” She said, wagging. “How’ve you been?!”

Sep 30, 2018 05:12 PM — Post #3

Name Player
Paloma del Sol Poe

Well, at least she remembered! That would’ve been awkward.  Paloma wondered how so many kind women had gravitated towards the rangers by chance.  What was up with that?  Bucky and Nomad must have been dying from all the bubbly estrogen in the pack.

“I’ve been just fine, what about you?” Small talk was the worst, but it’s not like she could skip through that and become best friends immediately.  She glanced around.  “Did you come out here alone?” Or was there another pack member lurking nearby?

Oct 01, 2018 06:58 PM — Post #4

Name Player
Applebutter Grim

“Ah, I don’t know where to begin! I love meeting nice, friendly wolves and here I am in a whole pack of em! I’m over the MOOOON!” Her excitement put a bit too much into her voice, and it carried briefly over the scenery in a joyful echo.

But there wasn’t a shred of embarrassment on her face; Applebutter stood in a playful stance, ears happily perked and eyes dancing with the kind of excitement most only ever saw in puppies.

“I did! I like to explore, but I promised myself I wouldn’t wander tooooo far. I don’t want anyone here to think I’m unreliable, after all!”

Oct 03, 2018 01:51 PM — Post #5

Name Player
Paloma del Sol Poe

Oh damn, she was bubbly.  Maybe even bubblier than Tamaska.  Paloma was suddenly self-conscious about her bubbliness.  Originally she had thought herself to be unceasingly optimistic, but looking around at all these chipper faces made her realize she was no more perky than anyone else.  The rest of the pack seemed to be on level ten while she cruised happily around six.  It was weird. 

Paloma laughed pleasantly.  “Well, that’s good to hear!”  Hopefully she stayed that way, too. 

Her next statement caught her off guard.  Unreliable?  Did.. did the pack find her unreliable because she liked to wander around?  Oh, shit.  Paloma wandered everywhere.  Damn, she was waiting for her to say something.  “NOPE! DON’T WANNA DO THAT!” she said, surprising herself with the volume.  Not quite a yell, but more like she was talking in a crowded room and not standing face-to-face in the quietest part of the world.  Her ears flattened sheepishly.  “Sorry!”

Oct 04, 2018 03:18 PM — Post #6

Name Player
Applebutter Grim

Applebutter giggled. “Ah, don’t be!” She wasn’t a stranger to yelling at inappropriate times. Being excited got the best of her, most days.

“It’s fun to be loud. Especially up here.”

Grinning, she inhaled dramatically.

“ECHOOOOOOOOOOOO!”

She laughed as her voice bounced back once, twice, three times before falling silent. In the distance, some birds vacated a tree, which made her laugh a bit harder.

Oct 07, 2018 07:20 PM — Post #7

Name Player
Paloma del Sol Poe

Why was everyone here so damn nice?  Applebutter didn’t even bat an eyelash at her sudden outburst and even turned it into a joke or something.  It was fun to be loud?  She wasn’t so sure, but Apple sure seemed convinced by belting her heart out and startling a flock of birds.  Surprised, Paloma barked out a laugh and popped to her paws, eager to give it a try.. because why not?

With nothing witty to scream, the wolf simply woofed loudly and listened as it echoed.  Giggling a bit, she pranced in place.  “I hope no one is sleeping nearby,” she mused.

Oct 08, 2018 02:22 PM — Post #8

Name Player
Applebutter Grim

The woof bounced off a few more times than Apple’s echo did, and she wagged her tail. Something deep in the woods yowled quizzically, and she suppressed a laugh, mirthfully complimenting Paloma. “Haha! That was a good one!”

Applebutter snorted.

“Oooohohoho no I didn’t even think of that!” She whispered as if it would help now.

Oct 08, 2018 04:05 PM — Post #9

Name Player
Paloma del Sol Poe

Paloma laughed at the poor, confused whatever it was calling back to her.  “SORRY!” she hollered, tail thwapping against the ground as she settled onto her haunches.  Okay, being loud was kinda fun.  Her eyes drifted to Apple as she began to whisper and the tiny wolf snickered.  “We should apologize,” she said, sucking in a breath.  “SORRY IF YOU’RE SLEEPIIINNNNGGG!”  There.  Now they were all even-Steven, right?

Oct 09, 2018 02:41 PM — Post #10

Name Player
Applebutter Grim

She could not suppress the laughter as Paloma basically did the most ironic thing ever. If anyone was asleep, they were definitely, totally, no doubt, awake now.

“I like you, you’re hilarious!” She chuckled.

“Were you exploring too, or have you been here before? It’s so pretty here!”

Oct 09, 2018 07:07 PM — Post #11

Name Player
Paloma del Sol Poe

Oh, well, if that didn’t just make Paloma beam like a kid on Christmas morning.  Her tail thumped noisily against the ground as she grinned, pleased as punch with the compliment because they were so few and far between.  “You’re funny, too!”  A lot more fun than Paloma was, for sure.  Apple and Tamaska had to have been best friends—they were so similar!

“I was exploring.  This place is one of the prettiest I’ve been to, though.”  Being able to see forever was a pretty amazing experience.  She didn’t feel like anyone would be able to sneak up on them on their little perch!

Oct 10, 2018 07:57 PM — Post #12

Name Player
Applebutter Grim

“Oh, totally! I’m not sure I’ve ever been up this high!” Apple said, grinning at the scenery.

She enjoyed the serenity for a little bit, comfortable in a silence with her new friend.

“Oooh - have you seen any other cool things? Even if they’re not as pretty as this! I once saw this forest that was just…cooooooooovered in moss. There was almost no dirt anywhere, just moss! It was so cool.”

Oct 14, 2018 07:36 PM — Post #13

Showing page 1 of 1.

Please log in or register to reply to this thread.