Roleplay Forums | Map

A New Member?
Lupe's exploring~

Lupe is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Lupe Dream Storm

(Bit of timeskip due to how long ago Lupe joined the pack)

Lupe chose to wander on her own today. Hunting lessons with Clementine were progressing quickly, and Lupe was finding her confidence to help out more during practice, instead of just watch and copy things with a stick. She was still young, but growing fast. Almost a yearling now, soon she’d be an adult, and need to pull her own weight within the pack, learn to hunt on her own, learn to work better with the packmates she had yet to meet.

Of course, there were plenty of times she’d return to where Clementine and Lyra had first found her, staring out across the lake, looking for a sign of her missing Mother to come back to her, but the lessons usually took her mind off that for long enough.

Today she was trying to familiarize herself with the territory limits, wandering along where the scents of her packmates, though she’d yet to come fact to face with them, were the strongest. Maybe she was hoping to meet them, or maybe she was just figuring out where most of them were likely to be found in the future, if need ever arose to come find them.

She remembered Lyra saying she should talk to one in particular, Vagary, but Lupe hadn’t been lucky enough to be introduced as of yet, or to find the other wolf on her own.

Dec 06, 2015 10:28 AM

[ ignore ]
Ryd is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Ryd Hal

(If it’s alright I’m gonna set this back to before the Willowed Glade claiming thread, since I want this to not be lonely anymore xD)

Ryd had been doing her usual, but now she was hungry, and was craving some fish, and maybe some loungey time. She often did not come here very much, considering how she was really more interested in protecting the interior than relaxing all day. That, and Moon seemed to prefer doing that too, and she was here because of Moon, so it would be silly not to be around Moon a whole lot.

Still, she felt as though she should get to know some people within the Cadre walls, so to speak. Enter Lupe, a young recruit Ryd had not even heard of. So when she sighted the youngster ambling about, her guard hairs lifted and she aimed, with all the grace of a bison, to ram into the poor thing and bowl her over by surprise, and also ask her why she was so close to the territory all by herself.

Dec 16, 2015 05:18 PM — Post #1

[ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
Name Player
Lupe Dream Storm

(Hala!!  8D )

Lupe’s ears flicked when she heard quick paws barreling through the undergrowth. Lupe turned to see her attacker and yelped, darted out of the way. If the other wolf hadn’t come barreling though making so much noise, Lupe wouldn’t have had the chance at all to get out of the way, so yay for a bit of good luck there.

Dec 17, 2015 10:27 AM — Post #2

Name Player
Ryd Hal

Rats, she’d been heard. The small female skipped out of her path of destruction, which caused Ryd to end up careening right into the shallow water with a big messy splash. She stood and shook her fur out roughly, turning slowly to the other.

“Who are you and what are you doing here?” she barked. She realized it was a youngster, but trespassers were all the same to her. She would not suffer strangers to waltz deep into Cadre territory so easily!

Dec 17, 2015 05:48 PM — Post #3

Name Player
Lupe Dream Storm

Lupe blinked as she watched the other go splashing into the water. Lupe got ready to run again when the other called out

“Who are you and what are you doing here?”

“I’m Lupe,” Lupe began, keeping watch on the stranger. “I’m friends with Lyra, and Clementine,” she said, not sure if this stranger would recognize the names or not

Dec 17, 2015 05:55 PM — Post #4

Name Player
Ryd Hal

She cocked her head at the mention of Lyra, and the other name which sounded vaguely familiar… oh, was it one of those tiny white girls? The un-pregnant one? Still, just knowing some names wasn’t really enough for her.

“Prove it,” she challenged the youngster, her tail lifted high. “Where did you meet them, and what do they look like, and what’s their favorite food?”

Not that she herself knew the last one… but surely someone who was friends with them would know?

Dec 17, 2015 06:14 PM — Post #5

Name Player
Lupe Dream Storm

Lupe noticed the other tilt their head when she mentioned Lyra and Clementine. So, this one knew of them then, that might be good.

“Are you Vagary?” Lupe asked, instead of answering the questions posed to her. At least, instead of answering right away.

“And I met Lyra a few months ago along the Lake-shore. I’d been separated from my Mother, Lyra and Clementine have been teaching me to hunt.” she said. Hunting she was getting better at, true, fighting… hadn’t really been covered yet, so Lupe was hoping not to have to fight with the other female.

Dec 18, 2015 12:39 PM — Post #6

Name Player
Ryd Hal

Another name drop. Okay… it would be weird if this youngster knew this many wolves in the pack without being a part of it, but…

“No I’m not, but you didn’t answer what they look like. Including Vagary. You’re gonna have to give me something better to work with than just names, kid.”

Dec 18, 2015 12:58 PM — Post #7

Name Player
Lupe Dream Storm

“No I’m not, but you didn’t answer what they look like. Including Vagary. You’re gonna have to give me something better to work with than just names, kid.”

Lupe blinked. This stranger still wanted her to describe them? Easy enough for Lyra and Clementine, but…

“I haven’t met Vagary, Lyra said I should meet them, but I guess the chance hasn’t come up.” she said, flicking her tail a little. So this female, the one that had charged at her, must not be Vagary then. Oh well.

“Clementine is really kind, she’s got pale fur, like a winter rabbit, thick and fluffy.” She said, recalling her Teachers’ appearances. “Lyra on the other paw, has a blended pelt, like the forest floor, browns and tans and blacks, and she’s missing a bit of her left ear, and the other is…” Lupe paused, trying to think of a good word for the right ear. “Um… it’s kinda… bendy…” she said at last, not sounding sure that ‘bendy’ was quite the right word for it. “Like it’s been injured and didn’t heal right or something.”

Dec 18, 2015 08:55 PM — Post #8

Name Player
Ryd Hal

She leaned towards the youngster as she spoke, eyes squinting at her suspiciously as she judged her words. And then, satisfied at last, she laughed.

“Alright alright! You’re good! Lupe, was it? I’m Ryd. My friend Moon and I do border patrol here, mostly. And Lug—Echo—he does his own thing. Mostly nothing. You’re learning to hunt from Clementine?”

Dec 18, 2015 09:18 PM — Post #9

Name Player
Lupe Dream Storm

Lupe relaxed a little when the other did. She settled into sitting, tilting her head as the other introduced herself as Ryd, and mentioned two others; Moon and Echo. Lupe wagged her tail a little. the pack sounded like a big one.

Ryd asked about her training, and Lupe gave a nod. “Yea, Lyra too sometimes, when she’s not busy. I wasn’t really good at hunting when Clementine found me, Mom and I had been on the move so long, Mom never really had a chance to teach me proper. Clementine and Lyra are good teachers though, I’m learning lots and getting much better at it… I hope.” she added, suddenly a bit unsure if she was getting better. “I know I’m better then I was before at least…”

Dec 19, 2015 09:25 PM — Post #10

Name Player
Ryd Hal

She listened intently, genuinely interested in the girl’s progress. “Hmmmm. Well. Have you done fishing yet? Maybe I could teach you to fish?”

Dec 19, 2015 09:43 PM — Post #11

Name Player
Lupe Dream Storm

Lupe blinked. “Fishing…?” she asked, not sure what it was. She knew was fish was, fish were those strange things that lived in the waters she’d seen on her travels.  “Never heard of it before… what is it?” she asked, ears pricked forward in curiosity.

Dec 19, 2015 09:52 PM — Post #12

Name Player
Ryd Hal

She grinned, puffing her chest out proudly. “Why, hunting for fish, silly! Come into the water, we’ll find some fish in the lake! “ With that she turned and treaded along the shallows carefully.

Dec 20, 2015 03:24 PM — Post #13

Name Player
Lupe Dream Storm

Lupe followed Ryd immediately. “Hunting for Fish…? Are fish even edible…?” she asked, not too sure about this idea, but curious to learn all the same.

Dec 20, 2015 04:21 PM — Post #14

Name Player
Ryd Hal

She scoffed, but was pleased to find that the young one didn’t hesitate to come into the water.

“Fish are delicious, super juicy and plump. They are a lot of fun too - it’s not at all like rabbits and deer where you just exhaust them after a long chase. Fish have the advantage here in the water, so what you gotta do here is pick a spot, and wait. Waiting is the only boring part. At some point, they are gonna start swimming near you. Here, let’s wait and see what comes.”

And her blue-grey eyes turned to the surface of the water, looking to see the telltale shadows of curiously doomed fish near them.

Dec 20, 2015 07:03 PM — Post #15

Showing page 1 of 2.

Please log in or register to reply to this thread.