Roleplay Forums | Map

We stayed up all night to watch the sun rise!
Early Spring | Morning | With Tyrell

Name Player
Shade Dingo
Achievements (?)
1year 2mos 6mos 100posts 250posts helper profile wikicontributor

As the winter faded, so did the frequency of his headaches. Clearly the earthquake had given him something more than just a tiny bruise. He’d made it ok, though, so all was well.

Spring was evident as little plants were growing. What that meant was that it was now time for Tyrell to learn—and Shade would keep to his promise as well. What he was doing now was looking for something to teach Tyrell about. Lemon balm would probably be a good contender. Plus, it was useful and typically easy for inexperienced herbalists to find with its smell.

[I’m assuming Tyrell’s around, so if he isn’t, that’s fine!]

Sep 30, 2018 02:47 PM

[ ignore ]
Icarus is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Icarus Dusk Madison

Nose to the ground, Icarus had followed a promising scent out of the woods and to the west. The pines were no strange territory to him, so he meandered while scarcely even lifting his eyes to see where he was going. With each step, it felt like the scent was growing stronger. Fox. He wondered if his following was in fact an exile from his territory, given that Icarus had recently waged war on the little red pests.

The scent wove through the leaf litter up ahead and Icarus licked his nose, keen to follow - until in his periphery he spotted a far larger canine up ahead and lifted his eyes in time to see the wolf that had crossed his path.

Yet to have detected his scent or discern anything about him, Icarus paused and barked. “Hey! You seen a fox around here?”

Oct 04, 2018 12:21 PM — Post #1

[ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
Name Player
Shade Dingo
Achievements (?)

Nose to the ground, he mumbled indistinguishable words to himself. Talking to himself was a new habit he picked up over the winter. Thoughts were easier to structure when spoken, for some reason. Plus, the freedom of saying whatever one wants is enjoyable.

The bark didn’t startle him, surprisingly. He sort of expected Tyrell to show up at some point. This wasn’t Tyrell, though. He raised his head to find the wolf, spotting him with ease. A fox.. he was looking at a fox. What an interesting coat on this one.

“You eat those?” Most wolves did. Shade was picky, though. Picky was still better than incapable of eating, which he had been as well, so he considered it a step in the right direction.

Oct 04, 2018 12:45 PM — Post #2

Name Player
Icarus Dusk Madison

Icarus took a few steps closer in those brief seconds before he received an answer. He was less concerned about this wolf being a threat than he usually would be - they were far enough away from the Vanguard that Icarus couldn’t accuse him of potentially harming his packmates. Well, not yet at least.

“I mean, we don’t let them go to waste,” Icarus answered with a pithy laugh, “but it seems we’ve got an infestation up in my territory, south of here. I’ve been driving them out all winter.”

How many foxes was it now that he’d hunted? One with the old man and the deaf mute, another with Kronos and Scott. A third one, now - or was this the same one he’d been hunting with his boys?

That thought stung him a little. He missed Scott.

Oct 04, 2018 12:54 PM — Post #3

[ Edited: Oct 04, 2018 02:40 PM by Icarus ]
Name Player
Shade Dingo
Achievements (?)

Something about a fox infestation sounded a lot less threatening than this guy made it seem. But, who was Shade to judge.

“I might’ve seen one, but I didn’t catch his name,” Shade replied, hoping the wolf would catch on and not think he talked to woodland creatures in his free time.

He didn’t. Too often.

Oct 04, 2018 01:48 PM — Post #4

Name Player
Icarus Dusk Madison

Oh ho ho ho! A funny guy, hey?

He thought briefly back to Sunfall, and hoped that the wolf before him was more friendly-funny than he was pissy-funny.

“Yeah, don’t count on them being gracious conversational partners. They’re more interested in digging up your caches,” Icarus grumbled, scuffing at the ground before glancing back up at the male. He doubted he’d find the fox he was hunting at this point; the trail might have been fresh, but even a few minutes of talking could give the fox a headstart to a cozy little burrow out of harm’s way.

“Hope I didn’t interrupt anything. You live around here?”

May as well double check if the man frequented this area. Would give him a good idea of whether or not there was a chance he’d come close to the labyrinth. And now that he was closer, he could test his scent, too, and glean the secondary male scent clinging to him. He might not wear the claim of a pack, but Icarus was willing to bet that he wasn’t alone.

Oct 04, 2018 01:57 PM — Post #5

Name Player
Shade Dingo
Achievements (?)

Maybe Shade wasn’t good at flirting anymore. It wasn’t like he practiced much anymore. The male clearly didn’t understand and Shade was still without his name. Hmm.

“No,” he answered. “My mate prefers not to stay in one place. We don’t really live anywhere.” Speaking of, where was Tyrell?

“You don’t smell like a loner.” It was only an observation, but could still return an answer.

Oct 04, 2018 02:33 PM — Post #6

Name Player
Icarus Dusk Madison

Icarus tilted his head, immediately latching onto the word mate. But it was a masculine scent clinging to him. He sniffed again, just to make sure his nose was in proper working order - but yes, there it was, that male scent and no others. Was his mate… male?

He didn’t have long to think about it. The other male explained their nomadic lifestyle and pointed out Icarus’ own pack stench.

“Oh, yeah, no. I live south of here with my pack, the Twilight Vanguard,” Icarus explained, gesturing in the direction of the labyrinth. “Icarus Dusk. Chief,” he grinned.

Oct 04, 2018 02:39 PM — Post #7

Name Player
Tyrell Jeames
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Speaking of mates, Tyrell was right around the corner! Or well, he was a little ways off still but- he was on it! He was on his way, okay!? And being mates with someone now meant he was less of a flirt and more of a giver because other wolves were not really that important and he wanted to give his love gifts!

Tyrell moved at a fast pace, following Shade’s scent. Or well, he tried. Shade’s scent wasn’t exactly the only scent in his nose. He had picked a few plants, because Shade was a healer. He had no idea if he had gotten any actual herbs, but he hoped so. And well, he had tried, he guessed. Their scent was strong, pungent, right up his nose. He was getting watery eyes. Ooooooof.

[will arrive next round]

Oct 04, 2018 02:49 PM — Post #8

Name Player
Shade Dingo
Achievements (?)

The foxy hunter’s name was Icarus. An individual of clear importance who lead pack with a name that was oddly cute.

“I’m Shade. I used to be a healer with the Stormborn Alliance,” he replied. The life he led now was much less eventful, but admittedly fun.

Oct 04, 2018 10:03 PM — Post #9

Name Player
Icarus Dusk Madison

Icarus’ eyes widened, but only slightly, and only because he had mentioned the name of a pack that had, as far as Icarus knew, faded away into memories. “The Alliance? Do you know Poet and Josalyn? They’re part of the Vanguard, but they came from the Alliance too,” he said.

This must have been one of the few wolves that were still part of the Alliance before it disbanded. Hadn’t they said there were… what, five of them left? Six? Something like that.

Oct 05, 2018 12:58 PM — Post #10

Name Player
Tyrell Jeames
Achievements (?)
None yet!

[Okay, skip Tyrell, he’s another round away. I want Icarus and Shade to have a chance to chat about the Alliance before Tyrell butts in. :p]

Oct 06, 2018 03:06 AM — Post #11

Name Player
Shade Dingo
Achievements (?)

He knew both of those wolves. Not well, however. It was good to hear that they were happy, but Shade wondered why they weren’t still with the Alliance..

”I don’t know them well, but yes, I’ve met them…” he offered. ”Do you know why they left?”

Oct 06, 2018 08:13 PM — Post #12

Name Player
Icarus Dusk Madison

Icarus nodded, glad to hear that Shade had met the pair in spite of not knowing them well. But he didn’t know why they left - and that immediately proved Icarus’ assumptions wrong. Maybe he hadn’t been around for the disbanding. Maybe he didn’t even know.

...Oh. Well. Look at Icarus, being the bearer of bad news.

His expression fell just slightly, turning to a sympathetic frown.

“You must not have heard,” he said. “The Stormborn Alliance disbanded. Atlas worried that there had become too few of them to protect their territory, so they went their separate ways. I don’t know what happened to everyone else, but Josalyn and Poet came to the Vanguard because Josalyn and I have history together.”

Icarus explained as cautiously as he could. He didn’t know how Shade would take the news; he barely knew the affairs of the Alliance save for what the couple had told him. And the Vanguard hadn’t even been their first choice; but that wasn’t important. He watched Shade, attentive for his response.

Oct 09, 2018 12:01 PM — Post #13

Name Player
Tyrell Jeames
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Leave it to Tyrell to crash a party. He came strutting in with his mouth filled with plants, letting out a woof as he spotted Shade, talking to another wolf. And as he closed in on them, he noticed the other wolf was a male, too. Oolala, anything fancy going on here?

Tyrell was not afraid Shade would ever cheat on him, he didn’t think that would happen/ but he stilled liked to joke about it. He rolled the plants around a bit in his mouth, so he could speak. Sort of.

’’Yer na fwirtin’, are ya?’’ he asked with a grin on his face.

Oct 09, 2018 02:14 PM — Post #14

Name Player
Shade Dingo
Achievements (?)

Must not have heard what? Shade’s brow furrowed as Icarus answered.

Oh.. that was a little disheartening to hear, especially knowing he’d contributed to the slimming numbers of the Alliance. But, in his defense, the Alliance wasn’t as strong as it had been when he first joined. There had been a steady decline in members from the beginning. Nonetheless, there were other things he would have rather heard. He wondered where the Titan was headed now, if he’d ever see him again. He hoped so.

Before Shade had a chance to reply, Tyrell asserted himself into the conversation, awkward timing as per usual, but with a pretty accurate accusation. Shade had been flirting, though it had gone largely unnoticed, so he gave up.

Better get to those introductions..

He greeted Tyrell with a quick kiss on the nose, noting the collection of plants he held. They might have just been weeds…but, Shade adored the ambition regardless, even if Tyrell was just in it for the reward.

He turned to Icarus. “This is that mate I mentioned, Tyrell. You’ll have to..excuse him. Tyrell, this is Icarus. He leads a pack nearby.” Shade sort of wanted to continue the Alliance conversation, but it could hold for a few moments.

Oct 09, 2018 02:41 PM — Post #15

Showing page 1 of 2.

Please log in or register to reply to this thread.