Roleplay Forums | Map

enjoy yourself
full spring / morning / partly cloudy

Name Player
Irving Redthorn Bear
Achievements (?)
None yet!

When he came upon the forest, he was so relieved. Finally out of the desert. At some point he ran off course, and ended up further north than he planned. Even though it was spring, the breeze was still a bit chilly this far north. There were a few clouds in the sky, but it was still a beautiful day. After some rotten luck, he finally found some food in the desert, and felt rather proud of himself for it. He stepped gingerly through the leaves and sticks littering the forest floor. The trees were so comforting, after the horrible wasteland he’d trudged through. The forest suited his tastes much better.

The forest opened up to a beautiful lakeside view and he had never been happier to see so much water. He walked along the bank, thinking to himself, watching the fish swim against the shore. He was at ease, ears and tail relaxed, enjoying the sun. Maybe this would all work out, he mused.

Oct 01, 2018 09:22 PM

[ ignore ]
[ Edited: Oct 01, 2018 09:28 PM by Irving ]
Name Player
Selra O'Mierr tk
Achievements (?)
supporter

The circuit was almost complete, Selra just had to make sure she did enough before considering her job done and she can head on out. It’s been a while since she left Soulfire Covenant’s lands- and ultimately leaving Jacqueline there- but a job must be done and done well so that the soon-to-be-leader won’t have much to do upon returning. She could see Jacqueline returning with the pups and being quite proud with the ragtag group she finally got together.

Sniffing audibly, Selra headed towards the lake with her tail high in confidence and aloofness. Upon reaching a point where she could look out towards the lake, that was when Selra noticed someone enjoying themselves with a stroll by the very lake that was the next destination.

But, oh… That fur. That gorgeous fur. It made Selra swallow thickly as she tilted her head in curiosity. Who was this handsome fella? With a lick of her lips, she wuffed out a greeting to the other as an act of friendliness, “Hey! Mind if I join?

Oct 01, 2018 10:26 PM — Post #1

[ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
Name Player
Irving Redthorn Bear
Achievements (?)
None yet!

He continued his leisurely stroll across the bank, paws damp from the loamy dirt at the shore. He thought about his travels, what he’d seen. The roaring gorge in the desert, the mysterious wolves he met there. Irving yearned for lush valleys and beautiful flowery meadows, dense forests. Perhaps a meal that didn’t include a long, hairless tail.. or scales. He was also hoping for some sort of companionship in his travels. He had yet to smell any indication of an established pack, but there were clearly wolves living in this area. He’d met a few strange ones in that desert.

He was so caught up in his mind, he didn’t hear the other wolf approach. Just a sudden question. He stopped dead in his tracks, and turned his head to see a dark wolf behind him. His surprise turned to a smile. “Oh, hi there. Yes, of course. It’s a wonderful day for a walk.” He said. He’d never seen a wolf with green eyes before, and struggled to not stare at her.

Oct 02, 2018 05:37 PM — Post #2

Name Player
Selra O'Mierr tk
Achievements (?)
supporter

He actually accepted her request, her tail wagging in response. The distance between them was no more as Selra practically jogged her way towards him, her excitement perhaps noticeable. Once becoming near enough, her gait became more calm and collected before smiling at him. This lovely-looking wolf mentioned how nice the day was for a walk, and she had to agree with a single nod before her eyes looked out towards the vast water that was teeming of life whilst not minding if he did infact stared at her, “Bright and finally warm out. Makes the lake look clear now that the sun’s out more.

But with rising temperatures means her coat will absorb all that heat, and just being reminded of it almost made her stick her tongue out at the concept, “Unfortunately that means it’ll get quite bit toasty for me.” A mirthy chuckle escapes her before she looked to him, “And what’s your name? Mine’s Selra.

Oct 02, 2018 08:08 PM — Post #3

Name Player
Irving Redthorn Bear
Achievements (?)
None yet!

He couldn’t help himself. He smiled wide, and his tail swished in response, the big poofy thing. He waited for her to catch up with him before starting his slow gait again next to her. He liked listening to her talk; she seemed to talk a lot, and while he was by no means shy, he was still a bit reserved. “The heat feels good, at least for a little while. You could always go for a swim to cool off, though.” He said, glancing out at the lake. The water was still a bit cool, but certainly for a large fuzzy beast not too much of a problem.

He indeed was staring a little, and he forced his eyes away best he could. Selra was her name? That’s a nice name, he thought. “I’m Irving. I’m traveling from the far south.” He said, happy to divulge anything to this cheerful wolf he’d just met.

Oct 03, 2018 09:35 AM — Post #4

Name Player
Selra O'Mierr tk
Achievements (?)
supporter

Butterflies. They all fluttered in her belly, but any hint of it did not weave into her posture, “Huh, you know that’s a good idea: A good swim after a meal? That’d be real lovely, specially if it’s with someone.

The staring only intensified the butterflies, but she didn’t let it contort her sense of pride in the fact that he was interested in her in the slightest, even if it’s something simple like a friendly gesture. Once he pulled his gaze away, her own eyes glanced towards him because of the movement, but she didn’t mind if she showed she stared, because why? He was handsome to look at, no shame in that right? He could stare at her all he wants too!

From the south? That’s where I entered from the valley. The mountains there- Skyrise Pass- was lovely actually. Plenty of large prey to easy to tackle with some… Hm. Well out of the two packs, only one of them is alright. Don’t ever expect the Sulfur Convenient to be all cheerful if you try to do something for them.

By the time she got around to pronouncing- mispronouncing?- the pack’s name, her snout crinkled as she sneered. “Pissbabies want to whine and treat you like you’re about to ransack the place for their cache when really Jacqueline and I want to fucking help save the newborns when their mother died and, and yet they just—

She cut herself off by grinding her teeth as she knew fully well if she continued on the flame of ire would burn oh, so brightly in her chest. Taking a few breaths to steady herself, she inhaled audibly through the nostrils before looking to him with a tiresome look, “Bad experience with them, that’s all. So much for a pack helping out with another pack, right?

Oct 03, 2018 06:59 PM — Post #5

Name Player
Irving Redthorn Bear
Achievements (?)
None yet!

He nodded enthusiastically. “That would be fun.” He said. He rather liked swimming, and what better company to swim with? Especially after a meal. He definitely felt something along the lines of chemistry between them, though truth be told Irving was young and naive. Anyone that would talk to him was his type, and he wasn’t really sure what he was looking for. But it was fun to stare and look away, stare and look away. He felt her eyes lock on to his for a moment and he couldn’t help but look out on the water. Shy boy. He continued his slow gait, watching a lone osprey in the distance circle something it had found. He watched it fly, thinking, what a wonderful, peaceful day..

But suddenly, his eyes went wide listening to Selra’s tirade. There were packs around here? Packs with issues. Dead mothers? Babies? Her face contorted while she ranted, and it made his ears pressed back against his head. Obviously she had a lot going on. She needed a relaxing walk more than he did, he mused. “Right.” He replied. “Sulfur Covenant you said, right? What was the other - the other pack called?” He asked, hoping he wasn’t setting off another rant. “If you don’t want to talk about it, you don’t have to. But I’ll listen.” He said, wide amber eyes full of curiosity.

She was beautiful and interesting, but fiery, he thought to himself. How intriguing..

Oct 04, 2018 08:38 AM — Post #6

Name Player
Selra O'Mierr tk
Achievements (?)
supporter

She breathed in, ready to answer him at a moment’s notice, but no syllable slipped out when something came apparent: Selra didn’t know the name of the pack she had joined.

It was always Jacqueline’s Pack, or The Pack with Jacqueline. Closing her mouth, her brows knit in concentration as she tried her hardest to remember of Jacqueline mentioned a name or not…

Did she not or was her mind playing tricks again? “I… I don’t know. I’ve always called it Jac’s Pack. She never really relayed that info to me..”

Did she really? Jacqueline couldn’t have… “Jacqueline wants this pack, whatever the name of it is, to be proper, right? Like I get the whole ‘self-improvement’ but she wants us to have like this… this-” A struggle was apparent as she tried to remember, “First impression! yeah! She wants us to have a good impression right? And my job’s to protect pups, right? So what do I do when I hear that these newborns had a dying mother? I immediately found Jacqueline and brought her over to Sulfur Convenient and guess what? They fucking act like that was the most inconvenient thing to happen.

Selra sneered, her mouth unable to stop the rant that made its way out into the open, “Like- like, like as if we shouldn’t have even bothered rescuing the children? It’s disgusting, that’s what it is. And because I wasn’t so pleased with how they acted towards us, I got sent home. I got sent here, which I don’t regret since I got to meet someone as lovely as you, but, but here I am being punished for something that I tried to like help, you know?

She was breathing hard at the end, her eyes wide from talking so passionately, but finally it was lifted off her chest: The anger, the frustration, the disbelief- just all of it swirling in her body now vomited into the air to be whisked away. “And that’s why you shouldn’t expect anything from Sulfur Convenient. Pissbabies, that’s what they are.

Huh, this walk did wonders.

Oct 04, 2018 07:54 PM — Post #7

[ Edited: Oct 04, 2018 07:57 PM by Selra ]
Name Player
Irving Redthorn Bear
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Irving listened intently as she talked. He only nodded, as every time he started to say yes or anything like that, she started back up again, and he didn’t want to interrupt her. He was intrigued by what she said, and flattered by her compliment to him. He felt bad for her and for her situation, and wondered where Jacqueline was right now. Shouldn’t she be with Selra? It seemed like they were friends, or at least close. Of course, he didn’t know anyone else’s perspective on the situation.

“For what it’s worth, it sounds like you did the right thing. Pups are innocent, no matter who’s they are.” He said softly. Irving loved playing with pups, talking to them, teaching them things. That was one thing he missed about his family. “And if your job is protecting pups, you’re just doing what you were told.” He said.

Oct 07, 2018 10:29 AM — Post #8

Name Player
Selra O'Mierr tk
Achievements (?)
supporter

She glanced away as the butterflies bumped around in her belly at his words. Honestly? It was refreshing to finally be told, “Hey Selra? You did alright. You may fuck up a lot, but you’re doing ok. You did the right thing.”

It made her breathe out in akin to relief. Not as relief from something bothering her, but more of like exhaling all the issues that fought to escape and demand to be paid attention to, like how offended one of the wolves over at that previously mentioned pack seemed over her bringing Jacqueline just to rescue the pups and not their pretty-much-already-borderline-dead mother. Fuck that, she was there to help what could be saved.

Whatever, whatever—just whatever. All Selra has to do now is report what’s all happening over here to Jacqueline, maybe help her if she had decided to leave early, and just stick around here and mingle with faces she’s growing to become familiar with.

After all that internal monologue and thinking, she looked up to him straight in the eyes, “Thank you, you know if you want… you could stay around here.

Please? She really liked the guy if not for the looks but for how… understanding he seemed.

Despite this being the first time they’ve ever seen each other, “You could hop in this pack and meet Parsel and Bunny before I head off to meet with Jacqueline—She probably already had her pups by now.

She looked to him and lowered her ears in a pleadingly way. Stay?

Oct 08, 2018 08:56 PM — Post #9

Name Player
Irving Redthorn Bear
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Irving looked back at Selra. Their eyes were locked for a few moments. The naive boy was smiling back at her, a little shyly. She wanted him to stay here? Didn’t she say.. this was her home? Stay with her.. where she lives? His eyes went wide for a moment. “Oh. Oh, only if you’re-you’re sure.” He managed to say. The shy male wagged his tail excitedly. “I’d like to spend more time with you and meet your friends. If you want me to.” He said, heart beating like a drum. All this attention and feelings and such made him beam like a silly, lovable doofus.

Irving felt the urge to touch her, some sort of gentle touch. But he couldn’t figure out how to do it. He was confident but inexperienced and didn’t really know how to make a move. He was becoming fond of Selra for a multitude of reasons. She was beautiful, passionate, fierce, sweet. She cared deeply about things. He really respected that. Irving was probably staring a little too hard with a dopey, infatuated look on his face.

Oct 09, 2018 07:08 PM — Post #10

Name Player
Selra O'Mierr tk
Achievements (?)
supporter

Was she sure? Oh absolutely. This smitten wolf was so sure one could say she was blind with bliss. “Ofcourse, so far Bunny’s pretty social, Parsel tends to be quiet, and well I’m just me.

Her smile was large at him accepting her request, and her tail couldn’t stop wagging, “If you want to, you can go ahead and head up where most of the smells congregate, but since the pack isn’t official it’s whatever you guys… and Bunny… want to do.

Yeah, didn’t Bunny not want to be called a guy?

She pushed those thoughts away, because right now she wants to focus on this hot dog. Without a word, she stepped up to him and nudged his cheek affectionately with her muzzle whilst making sure to breathe in that scent.

A scent she’d hate to forget, “I have to go now, though. I need to go tell Jacqueline the good news. I’ll see you later?

Honestly, for once in her life, Selra didn’t want to part ways. Something good was happening here: A pack brewing, a home to return to, a cute guy to chat with, and people to chill around. But a job is a job, and she needed to do it.

Selra, although declaring she was leaving, had indeed paused incase he wanted to say something.

Oct 10, 2018 08:09 PM — Post #11

Name Player
Irving Redthorn Bear
Achievements (?)
None yet!

/ which subarea is the packs’ like main place btw? i’ll go make a thread there after this one. /

She did it for him, and he was glad. The soft touch on his face made him wiggle like a little puppy. He returned the little nuzzle, his belly exploding with butterflies and excitement. “Okay. I’ll head that way and try to find them. I hope I see you there soon.” He said, a little quieter since they were so close. He glanced up at her pretty eyes, not wanting her to go, but knowing there was no choice. He’d just have to go wait for her.

Bunny and Parsel. Okay, Bunny and Parsel. That’s who I have to find. That’s an odd name, Bunny… He thought to himself. He wanted to make sure he remembered who he was looking for. Maybe he could go meet them while he waited for Selra to see Jacqueline, and then get back to, uh, hanging out.

Oct 14, 2018 08:22 AM — Post #12

[ Edited: Oct 14, 2018 10:07 AM by Irving ]
Name Player
Selra O'Mierr tk
Achievements (?)
supporter

Oh it’s actually Wormwood itself! I think, I mean it’s still in the works as Sabrina told me, so have at it! :D
___

And with that, she trotted off with a wag of her tail, her pace quick since she wanted to return just as she had left.

___
Exit Selra! Ready to fade this whenever you are ♥♥

Oct 14, 2018 09:23 PM — Post #13

Name Player
Irving Redthorn Bear
Achievements (?)
None yet!

/ oh neat! okay :D /

He watched her go for just a few moments before turning off and heading further into the grove.

Fade’d! :)

Oct 15, 2018 09:23 AM — Post #14

Showing page 1 of 1.

Please log in or register to reply to this thread.