Roleplay Forums | Map

Things are looking up
[summons] Oak Savanna | Full spring | Morning | Fine | Sniffing around for Nomad

Name Player
Jaylan Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

After visiting the Rangers AJ was quite certain Nomad was definitely around the pack, and he and Aura parted ways for a morning to do their own thing, he knew whom he wanted to visit. One big, handsome guy with a great sense of humour and a shared love of the coast. Hey, sure, he was dating Aura, and AJ was totally faithful. But that didn’t mean he couldn’t look in on a friend. He wanted to know if he found his buddy he and his girl had been looking for. And maybe, just maybe, ask him to look out for Maya for when she came back.

The timber male wasn’t the type to go waltzing on in past borders, no matter how nice the Rangers he had met were. AJ wasn’t going to get over his hangup over packs quite that quickly. He bounded along the borders with his tail up and waving, but stayed ready just in case it wasn’t Paloma or Braith or Nomad who found him. He didn’t like fighting and only did so if forced into it. He’d much rather retreat with his hide intact.

Oct 04, 2018 07:57 AM

[ ignore ]
Name Player
Nomad Rangers Jeames
Achievements (?)
1year 2mos 6mos 100ooc 500ooc helper profile supporter tumblr welcomeguide

Nomad was home, yes, he was minding his own business, doing things. Sniffing out plants, mostly, because since meeting Cian, he had become more interested in healing again. He had felt for a long time he didn’t know enough to help anyone, but Cian had taught him tons more so… Nomad was on it! Sniff sniff sniff.

He was gathering different types of plants between his jaws, and would take them to the small herb cache Bucky had created for him. He was finally doing a little better.

Oct 04, 2018 08:03 AM — Post #1

[ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
Name Player
Jaylan Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

AHA! AJ’s keen perceive abilities had spotted him one: Nomad! He let out a little bark, standing on the borders with a ready grin and a wagging tail. Nomad seemed to be nosing about, maybe hunting - this place smelt like it would have a lot of prey. Wow, it had been summer last time AJ was here! Soon enough he would have been in this valley for a whole year, that was amazing!

Oct 04, 2018 08:13 AM — Post #2

Name Player
Nomad Rangers Jeames
Achievements (?)

Nomad heard a sudden bark, and lifted his head from the ground, pulling along one more plant in the process. His eyes sought for the one who had made the noise, and to his surprise he found a familiar wolf standing at the borders, one who he had not seen for a bit. Oooohhh, AJ??

He let out a ‘boof’ as he could not really speak at the moment, and moved over to AJ with his tail wagging softly. Once he got close enough, he stopped and dropped the plants at his paws, looking at AJ with a smile. ’’AJ, hi! How’s it going?’’ he asked in greeting, followed by the question, ’’What are you doing here?’’

Oct 04, 2018 08:17 AM — Post #3

Name Player
Jaylan Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

The blue-eyed boy came over with a mouthful of plants, which surprised AJ a little- he didn’t know Nomad was a healer. But his broad smile was genuine as he took in the grey timber. “Hey Nomad!” He exclaimed, as pleased to find him alone as he was to be greeted warmly. He didn’t think it was possible that every single Ranger was as nice as Nomad. “Pretty good - and that’s actually a bit of a long story.” He chuckled ruefully, one bright eye fixed on Nomad as his head cocked to the side. If he wanted to hear his tale he would relay it willingly.

Oct 04, 2018 09:24 AM — Post #4

Name Player
Nomad Rangers Jeames
Achievements (?)

A long story, huh? Well, Nomad had time to listen. He didn’t get much time to catch up with wolves he knew but barely saw, after all. ’’Well, if you want to tell me- I have some time. Not really much to do today besides my regular routine- which is kind of boring.’’

Haha, yep. It was especially boring with Bucky not home. Nomad wondered when his brother would finally be back. Nomad missed himmmmm!

Oct 04, 2018 09:32 AM — Post #5

Name Player
Jaylan Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

AJ raised his brow and looked around the oaks, spacious and airy with the sound of running water form the river alongside the rustle of freshly grown oak leaves in the breeze. Plus he knew the coast was close. “Bored, here?” He chuckled, shaking his head in disbelief. But that was really all the prompting he needed, and he plopped down in a sit and wagged obligingly.

“Well. So Maya and I, we came back to the coast to see Jay - I think he stayed here for a while?” He paused launching right into the story to check Nomad’s response, making sure he had the details right.

Oct 04, 2018 07:24 PM — Post #6

Name Player
Nomad Rangers Jeames
Achievements (?)

AJ started his story, and mentioned his friend Maya, who Nomad had not met, he was sure, and then he mentioned coming to the beach and Jay. Oh, yeah, he had been here. Nomad nodded. ’’Jay had lived here, for a bit, but he has recently left with his mate, I was told.’’ he let AJ know.

What about Jay and the beach, though?

Oct 05, 2018 05:31 AM — Post #7

Name Player
Jaylan Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

AJ was pleased to hear Jay had paired up and filed that away for when Maya came back. She’d be pleased to know, he figured. “Yeah, that’s what I heard.” He confirmed. “Anyway - Maya and I had been at the beach while uh, you know, Maya’s girly times where happening. But because of yeah, those, we weren’t very social. So we went home to our meadow for the rest of winter, but when spring got here Maya said she wanted to take me back to the beach so she could introduce me properly to Jay, an old friend of hers. I kinda met him once when we were having some pack trouble, before the Alliance disbanded, but things were a little tense then. So, we came back to the beach.”

Hey, you had asked for it Nomad.

Oct 05, 2018 05:52 AM — Post #8

Name Player
Nomad Rangers Jeames
Achievements (?)

Ah so, they had come to the beach looking for Jay, Maya had gone into heat, and they had moved back to the meadow, and now they had come back to try again. ’’I’m sorry, I guess you’re kind here, for nothing. Since Jay left.’’ Nomad told AJ. But he guessed it was a good thing he had come to say hi to Nomad.

Oct 05, 2018 06:02 AM — Post #9

Name Player
Jaylan Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

AJ wondered why Nomad was apologizing, tilting his head a little. “Not your fault man.” He pointed out. “There’s always a good reason to be on the coast. But anyway. Uh, Maya actually left to visit her family, so now it’s just me and. Well, she’s my girlfriend now, which is new - Aura.” He was trying to stay positive, to remember that he was lucky, a lucky guy with a girlfriend as great as Aura. But he couldn’t help it. He did miss Maya, and it was evident when he talked about her leaving.

Oct 05, 2018 06:50 AM — Post #10

Name Player
Nomad Rangers Jeames
Achievements (?)

Nomad shrugged, and listened some more. Apparently Maya left to visit her family, and now AJ had a girlfriend, Aura. And she was here with him? Nomad looked around, but didn’t see anyone else around. It was just him and AJ here.

Hearing AJ had a girlfriend made him a little somber, remembering Rocco. Ugh, Nomad had often ended up unlucky, hadn’t he? He had really thought Rocco would be the one. Guess that wasn’t the case.

He had some trouble finding his words. ’’That’s cute.’’ he ended up saying, forcing a smile. Ugh, why did he have to be reminded of Rocco?

Oct 05, 2018 06:58 AM — Post #11

Name Player
Jaylan Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Well. This was awkward. AJ was well aware something was bugging Nomad, he just didn’t know what, and it wasn’t really A Thing for a guy to ask another guy if he was upset. He ddin’t know Nomad all that well, after all.

“Well, Aura is.” He joked, trying to lighten the mood. Maybe he ought to just go see what she was up to? “Well, just wanted to say hi while I was in the area, see how you’ve been. Oh hey, how bout your girl? That Rocco I met with you, she was pretty smitten with you!”

Not the right direction to go in, not that he knew that.

Oct 05, 2018 07:04 AM — Post #12

Name Player
Nomad Rangers Jeames
Achievements (?)

Eh. Nomad chuckled sheepishly at AJ’s comment about Aura, but said nothing. AJ mentioned leaving, but before he did he asked about Rocco. Fuck. Nomad’s mood became even more sour, and he looked at his paws. Nomad had always been a good boy, he had always blame himself for the things that happened to him. And yet, this time, he was blaming her. He was just so angry, since he knew he had been good to her, and he had the feeling she had been playing with his feelings.

’’She left. Twice. She is as flaky as a leaf carried on by the wind.’’ he grumbled, upset. ’’After she came back the first time, I was so happy… we became mates. But then a week later she left again, and I haven’t seen her since.’’

Yep, that was the story.
’’I don’t want to see her again.’’ he said, and then added, as he looked at AJ with a very serious expression, ’’I hope for you your Aura isn’t flaky. Be careful around those kind of wolves.’’
They end up breaking your heart, after all.
Nomad just wanted to protect AJ from that.

Unless AJ was the flaky one. Well, if that was the case then he hoped he had shaken AJ awake from any delusional dreams.

Oct 05, 2018 07:10 AM — Post #13

Name Player
Jaylan Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

AJ’s dark eyes widened. He’d had no clue. Now he felt like an idiot for bringing it up, even though he’d been half a valley away and decidedly lacking in physic ability to have known. “Woah, sorry man.” He said sincerely. “One week? Woman, huh.” It was a sort-of joke, trying to let Nomad know he understood. He met the serious expression though, sobering up. “I get it. Nobody deserves to be treated like that.” He agreed about Nomad not wanting to see her, before the topic switched to Aura.

“Nah, Aura’s cool.” He insisted. But in his heart, he recalled when Aura had vanished and he’d believed her claimed by the earthquake. But things were different now. They were in a relationship now. She woudn’t vanish on him again. He had faith.

Oct 05, 2018 07:21 AM — Post #14

Name Player
Nomad Rangers Jeames
Achievements (?)

’’If you think so.’’ Nomad said, and he sighed. Oh well… ’’I really wanted a family, we even talked about pups. Guess I’m never going to be a dad.’’ Just, ugh, it really bothered him. Maybe he should just go date men only, or find a random female who was willing to give him pups he could visit or spent time with? No, that sounded highly unlike Nomad. That just felt wrong to him.

’’But, well, yeah. I guess that’s my story.’’
Ughhhh, he had thought they could just chat and catch up on have some casual laughter and jokes, but turned out not. Nomad’s spirit was a little low again.

Oct 05, 2018 07:25 AM — Post #15

Showing page 1 of 2.

Please log in or register to reply to this thread.