AW | Dusk, overcast | HY5

Name Player
Draven Vaès Calico
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Nose, dry.

Skin, itchy.

Body, bruised.

The large brute lay lifeless amongst the surf, heavy limbs caught upon the black rocks that dotted the waters edge. The tide had come in - that was what had gotten him into this in the first place - and now, as it slowly departed, it uncovered the tangled mess that was his.

With the waves lapping at his toes, the man slowly regained consciousness. Something wasn’t right. He felt disorientated, shattered and… His stomach began to heave whatever contents it held into the shallow waters below. A disgruntled groan bubbled up his throat as he lay, spread upon the unusual rocks that had snagged his body like a fishing net.

He hadn’t the urge to move but the pull of the unknown was nipping at his heels.

A few more minutes…

Not even his eyes peels back to survey his surroundings. His stomach was moving like the waves that had crushed him. A dizziness sat behind his eyes and even the slightest move overcame him with a sickness that he couldn’t shake. The black smudge lay still upon the rocks.

What… even happened?

Oct 05, 2018 12:40 PM

[ ignore ]
Name Player
Eve Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Eve had gotten lost in a daydream on her afternoon walk along the beach. She was hurrying home now, moving at a rapid trot over the sand, eyes eagerly scanning to see the first glimpse of Wavehaven - which from the beach was usually the cliffs and the hill closest to the shore.

But before she spotted them, the girl saw something else, or more correctly, heard it. Somebody was being sick! Eve’s ears shot straight up and she turned towards the sound, compassion on her face. In the dull evening light, little of a sunset visible through the clouds, Eve peered towards a mass of dark fur on the rocks. Was that a seal? Nope, that was a wolf, her nose told her. 

“Excuse me, sir?” The yearling hopped easily up onto the rocks, moving across them with the grace of one who had being doing so all her life. She wagged her tail, smiling sympathetically at the stranger. Oh, this was an odd way to meet somebody, how did healers do these sorts of things? “Hi, I—I can see you aren’t feeling well.” She began diplomatically. “I know some herbs that will help, growing just nearby. Would.. would you like some?”

Oct 05, 2018 03:58 PM — Post #1

[ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
Name Player
Draven Vaès Calico
Achievements (?)
None yet!

| hey sorry for the delay! I’ve been super ill as of the last few days :‘c

A ringing in his ears shook his brain, his eyes squinting shut tight at the assault on his head. He body visibly flinched in a jagged movement. What was that he heard above the surf? Though disorientated, the scent above the salty shallows caught his wavering attention.

A wolf.

Was she… speaking to him?

If he were up to his usual self, he’d have sarkily snapped back at her obvious observation. But alas, he merely attempted to raise his head from the black rocks to catch a mere glance in her direction.

The glare of the setting sun seared his eyes with a blinding light as he adjusted. However, it was the light that caused his such distaste. It was the hurl that he threw back to the waters as vertigo struck him like a backhand to his cheek. His stomach spasmed and another groan fell from his lips as he remained hunched over the rock.

He didn’t even formulate a response and left his actions to speak louder than his words.

Oct 08, 2018 07:45 AM — Post #2

Name Player
Eve Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

((No worries, Calico! Hope you’re feeling better!))

Eve hoped this man was just feeling very very ill and wasn’t naturally rude. His silence faltered her confidence a little as she backed up a step, but not enough to flee from him. She was a Ranger, and Rangers helped people.

Eve checked quickly. Okay, the tide was going out so he wasn’t going to get washed out to sea like Tamaska. Eve was not as certain she could mount a rescue like Percy had. But the thought made her wonder if she ought to call for her best friend, get some backup. No - she would try to handle this alone, first. “I’ll go get you some peppermint.” She said softly, turning to bound up the sand, following her nose to the rough edge of greenery beyond.

((She’ll come back next round :)))

Oct 08, 2018 07:53 AM — Post #3

Name Player
Draven Vaès Calico
Achievements (?)
None yet!

The sound of a retreat left the male with less of a weight on his chest but still the vertigo behind his eyes dizzied him and kept him where he was. Hadn’t she mentioned… Ah… Peppermint. The girl knew something then. Hopefully the plant would not only ease his stomach, but also his muscles.

He released a soft rumbling at the back of his throat as a response.

Back to whatever the fuck happened to him.

He’d been swimming amongst the waters, it seemed a little choppy he supposed but that didn’t seem like enough to cause him to.. become unconscious. His now adjusted eyes - though it seemed as if the right side couldn’t open as wide as the others - scoured the terrain around him. This wasn’t… the beach. Well, it was a beach but it wasn’t THE beach. His face remained expressionless, but concern tugged at his brow. Just trying to remember what happened… Well..

It hurt to think.

Licking the sides of his maw, the savoury flavour of metallics touched his taste buds. Ironically, it was on the right side. He must’ve hit his head on something. That would explain a lot. He he phased back into reality, he could feel a severe throbbing to his temple, set just behind his eye. He didn’t know how visible the wound would be but the feeling of it felt like a for sure cut - that would explain the blood he tasted.

Oct 08, 2018 08:31 AM — Post #4

Name Player
Eve Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Eve returned at a hasty trot, accompanied with the distinctive sharp but sweet scent of peppermint. She cautiously looked over the male then gently set the green leaves (small so early in the season) down within reach. She’d gathered a few, because like Uncle Bucky and Nomad, this stranger was quite a strapping wolf. A small dose wouldn’t help anyone his size.

“Eat these, please sir, they should help settle your stomach.” She encouraged gently, but she stepped back once she had spoken. Her amber eyes scanned him, looking for injuries. She could smell blood, but she hadn’t yet noticed the cut on his temple because the wetness of his fur disguised the blood leaking from it. Eve was eager, hut not yet very experienced, especially in treating others. None of his legs looked broken from what she could see, so that was good.

Oct 08, 2018 04:52 PM — Post #5

Name Player
Draven Vaès Calico
Achievements (?)
None yet!

JUST SO YA KNOW, THIS BOY IS ESSENTIALLY THORIN OAKENSHIELD

She’d returned. His eyes turned to her and cast his gaze across her body. She was tiny, small for even a woman but then again… She was young. How old must she be? His stoney eyes settled on the small leaves of the peppermint and a grunt fell from his lips, “Thank you.” his coarse voice held an edge but was somewhat warming as he spoke. The girl deserved appreciation for her unhesitant aide.

As she removed herself from his proximity, the male forced himself to extend his head towards the remedy, following his nose as he shut his eyes tight to fight off the sickness. He felt like a swaying mess. Though, it worked and he reached the leaves, his jaws parting with a dry gum sort of sound. His mouth felt like cardboard. The brute snatched up the peppermint with ease and lay back, waiting the easing of his stomach. He just hoped it worked because… hot damn. He’d never felt so bad within his 5 years of existence.

Oct 09, 2018 06:11 AM — Post #6

Name Player
Eve Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

((Please see Ozi for an easter egg of approval and a smol hint to my nerdiness level and how happy this news makes me :D)) 

Eve settled a little way from him, but relief expanded and filled her heart when the man thanked her. She could easily pick up on the note of warmth though it might be singular. He wasn’t a rude wolf then. Or at least, not rude in the way that Eve classified rude wolves. He was simply ill, and Eve knew from experience his throat was probably sore from being physically sick.

“It’s okay if you don’t feel like talking.” She told the male, trying to keep her voice low and gentle. “We can give the peppermint time to work. My name’s Eve, from the Adunati Rangers.”

It still filled her with pride, the introduction. As did having so far successfully navigated giving aid to this male alone. She checked on the tide again. They had a little while before it would creep back up the sand, and hopefully long before then she could get this unknown male to move.

Oct 09, 2018 06:54 AM — Post #7

[ Edited: Oct 11, 2018 06:50 PM by Eve ]
Name Player
Draven Vaès Calico
Achievements (?)
None yet!

A short nod. Talking wasn’t really something he wished to do currently, not to mean any offence to the small woman, but it was like his throat was being ripped apart by thorns. He felt ragged enough already, he didn’t wish to worsen it.

He took the time to shift his position upon the rock, bringing more comfort to the sprawled out male. Draven pulled up his legs and moved to a straightened seated position. He looked gangly and broken as he pushed up on his shaky legs. He was dizzy but the rush was something he fought against. Sure, it made him gag, but he held back in order to keep the leaves down.

He needed those leaves.

As he settled onto his haunches, the little lady introduced herself. As hunched over as he was, he turned his awkward gaze to her, his right eye squinting slightly more than the left. Eve. Of the Adunati Rangers. The grey toned tawny girl had a pack to call home, and though he remained placid, Draven knew he was far from where he once was. However, An eye for an eye. Clearing his throat, the male spoke once more, but kept it short.

“Draven.”

Oct 09, 2018 07:35 AM — Post #8

Name Player
Eve Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Eve could be very patient. She looked out to the ocean until the dark male slowly moved, pushing himself up into a sitting position. He still looked shaky and weak. But Even couldn’t see the injuries, though she could smell the blood more clearly now so he had one somewhere.

“It’s nice to meet you Draven, even if you aren’t feeling well. Just let me know when you feel up to moving, and if you need any help.” She paused, and got bold enough to extend her head and neck out, stretching to sniff him over.

“Are you hurt anywhere?” She checked, certain he was and just hoping it wasn’t too serious. She didn’t have many herbs yet, things had only just started to grow again after winter.

Oct 09, 2018 04:48 PM — Post #9

Name Player
Draven Vaès Calico
Achievements (?)
None yet!

The youthful female had finally built the nerve to come nearer whilst he remained conscious. It stilled him, like a mountain, but he neither moved forward nor withdrew. She seemed patient. A kind soul willing to await those who lag behind the herd. The world needed more like her as impatience crept in the shadows, capturing mind and bodies alike.

The winter could be brutal and he was glad it had melted away into the rivers, lakes and ocean.

Hurt? He pondered. Ah yes! Of course he was. His tongue wiped along his maw once more to find the subtle yet so very present taste of blood that lingered there. His voice was low, but his tones were not subliminal. “I fear I succumbed to the rocky floor beneath the depths.” he murmured before giving off a dry, hollow cough.

He realised his sentence may have not made sense to the girl and meekly offered, “My head.” with a slightly tilting of his fleshy, though not nakedly observable, temple to the girl.

Oct 09, 2018 05:02 PM — Post #10

Name Player
Eve Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Eve, who didn’t have the sharpest sense of smell among her kind, had to look carefully before she spotted a swelling, and pinpointed the flow of blood mingled with seawater. “I do see it now, it isn’t bleeding a lot at least, but head wounds can be nasty.” Her tail went uncertainly still. “One of my packmates hit her head in the ocean and only is getting her memories back now. Um. Draven, I haven’t actually treated any head injuries before. I know marigold is good for cuts but you might need something different. Do you think once you feel up to it you would come back to Wavehaven gorge with me? Our pack has a fully trained healer there, she’d be able to help you.”  She offered earnestly, also worried about that cough. It might have just been from his sore throat because salt water burned so but Eve was worried he might be sick and injured.

Either way, even if he chose not to come, imagine how impressed Percy and Bayley were going to be when they heard she had helped somebody hurt in the ocean!

Oct 09, 2018 10:48 PM — Post #11

Name Player
Draven Vaès Calico
Achievements (?)
None yet!

He surveyed her in silence. She knew so much for somebody of her youth, she’d obviously been raised without restriction - without the overprotection. She spoke of what she knew, obviously, but he didn’t expect her to implement more than she already had.

Once again, actions spoke louder than words. The brute rose to his feet with a shuddering sideways stumble.

It was his way to say: “Lets go. I’m ready.”

Oct 10, 2018 12:40 PM — Post #12

Name Player
Eve Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Wow! Draven was a very tough wolf, Eve thought as he got up, though she moved to try and steady him with her much slimmer shoulder braced to his (just lower) when he stumbled. He did remind her of uncle Bucky a lot. 

“It isn’t very far.” She explained, angling her ears ahead of then, making sure her steps were carefully measured. She glanced up at the sky carefully. It would be totally dark soon, but there was no way to get lost on the beach - you could only go two ways after all, north or south.

“Draven, do you remember what happened? Why you were in the water…?” She asked softly, darting a quick, curious look at the much bigger wolf.

Oct 10, 2018 08:04 PM — Post #13

Name Player
Draven Vaès Calico
Achievements (?)
None yet!

He was thankful for the support and easily relaxed into it. He had no reason to believe the youth would be leading him to his death and he wasn’t in the state to think past the next for meters he had to walk. He took note of shortening his jagged strides for the small woman and it truly dawned on him how large he was.

...What happened?

His brows twitched and wobbled slightly as they furrowed in thought. He was trying so hard to remember. Water. Of course. He was somewhere else. Not here. His thoughts were jumbled. It hurt. Then It triggered.

“I was diving in the reef. I must’ve… Erm… It was…” he fumbled slightly, coughing. Once his throat had ceased to tickle, he continued. “A wave must’ve caught me. Hit my head on the jagged rocks.” He could feel the sickness grow in his stomach as he stepped.

So much movement, too much thinking.

Oct 11, 2018 06:56 AM — Post #14

Name Player
Eve Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Eve was stronger than she looked. Though only a yearling and lacking in the endurance and staying power she would achieve in time, she lived an active lifestyle. Rock climbing and swimming had left her with a wiry strength, and she didn’t falter under the weight Draven leaned upon her. It took a few steps for her to make sure she was in sync with him, her legs being short, but she figured they’d match up well enough given how ill he was.

She was astounded to hear he’d been diving, just as if he was aquatic himself.  But this wasn’t the time to ask about his passtimes, though she was curious if he’d been doing so recreationally or been fishing or something else the young girl couldn’t even begin to imagine.

“It’s okay Draven - you’re in good paws now. We’ll have you fixed up soon, okay?” She reassured him, starting to catch the familiar scents of Wavehaven up again.

((New thread Cal mate?))

Oct 11, 2018 07:20 AM — Post #15

Showing page 1 of 1.

Please log in or register to reply to this thread.