Roleplay Forums | Map

Frustration
AW

Aphelion is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Aphelion Grim

The sun was welcome. Aphelion did not care too much for the icy bite of winter.

He had searched for clues, tried to find others. Tesla was a ghost, as were most of the wolves out here apparently.

He could smell them, but the scents were stale, long gone. He sighed, head still held high as he walked with his regal gait, but the tension was clear on his face for once.

What had Ybos sent him here for?

It was not like the Old One to lay out such a…maze of a path. Without fail, until now, he had found his quarry through what many would call pure luck. But not this time. Aphelion was being tested. With conviction, he pressed forward.

Oct 06, 2018 09:35 PM

[ ignore ]
Name Player
Tesla Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Tesla was starting to think despite the scents of wolves everywhere, these mountains held few of her own kind. It might actually have been considered a good thing in usual circumstances, but that didn’t help her in her search.

Aha, there was somebody at last, a male of course. Tesla made her way down a slope, letting out a dark to draw his attention. She would not get too close though, after that moron in the desert, until she figured out if this guy was any less screwed up in the head.

“Excuse me, sir?” She called politely, once she was within hailing distance, using the valley girl accent she had really begun to hate. Her tail gave a friendly sway, a small, hopeful looking smile touching her muzzle.

Oct 07, 2018 05:48 AM — Post #1

[ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
Name Player
Aphelion Grim

Goodness, finally. Her bark almost unnerved him; he had grown so accustomed to silence in these weeks hunting fruitlessly, and he was beginning to resent that pack for not giving him good enough directions. But at least he found someone now.

The light female made her way to him, and he studied her curiously for a moment.

Her voice was wrong, but she bore a vague resemblance to the one he was hunting. Or at least, she resembled the image in his mind. Aphelion decided this must be a sign; he was on the correct path. Perhaps she could help him. Or perhaps she was simply a mile marker on his journey; Ybos was teasing him, testing his resolve.

“Good day, miss. How may I help?” He asked cordially, working to close the gap between them.

Oct 07, 2018 07:16 PM — Post #2

Name Player
Tesla Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Tesla made sure to stay relaxed, smiling like a valley sap would at meeting a total stranger. He sounded polite, though his body language gave her little of a read as he came closer. She stopped moving when there were several paces between them at a comfortable conversational distance, her tail swaying lightly.

“I seek my lost sister, running from trouble north, after.” She paused and licked her lips, frowning as if she were worried. “-An unfortunate incident.”

If Natalya was still alive she would have been highly annoyed at being set up as a the victim.

Oct 08, 2018 04:05 AM — Post #3

Name Player
Aphelion Grim

He frowned, just faintly, at the news.

“How far north?” He asked, just trying to get his bearings. They were south, as it stood, and he was not sure how far this territory stretched. “I cannot say I’ve met many wolves since coming here. A young girl in the desert, and a small pack in the hills.”

Was Amelie her sister, perhaps? Such a young wolf, to be so alone out there. And she spoke of that murder. Had Nettle been someone she escaped with?

Wouldn’t that just be the luckiest coincidence Ybos had ever graced him with? Even if this was not related, his duty was to help the innocent. He must follow the path, even if it seemed to stray. There was always a plan.

Oct 08, 2018 01:00 PM — Post #4

Name Player
Tesla Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

She sighed and frowned at the ground. “Ah. Well. Perhaps it is better.. we were close once, before… her attack.” She swallowed, looking up again at the other male. “One and one half season from the north mountains?” She lifted a paw to scratch the side of her face as if this were a difficult calculation for a feeble female mind to figure out.

“Pardon, sir. Troubles sit heavy on my back. I am Fern.” She introduced herself with the alias she had given Crixus, dipping her head formally. 

Oct 08, 2018 04:41 PM — Post #5

Name Player
Aphelion Grim

Sympathy coursed through him. That was a long ways away. Though, she didn’t look too sure about that. Despite his narrow-minded upbringing, Aphelion did not view this as a typical female type thing, nor did he think she was incapable of the journey herself, but he had seen neither fur nor footprint of this Tesla woman. Not that that fact mattered; Aphelion was not permitted to refuse a wolf in need. Ybos demanded balance and unity. Ybos demanded utopia. This was a conflict, an insult to those demands. Her sister was missing, and they had been attacked.

“I should like to help bear that weight, if I can be of any assistance.” He offered. “Aphelion. Pleased to meet you, Fern. Though I wish the circumstances were better.”

Oct 08, 2018 07:49 PM — Post #6

Name Player
Tesla Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Tesla waved her tail airily, already happier with his male than the idiot in the desert who thought it amusing to make up lies. Not that of course she could talk.

“And you Aphelion.” What an ironic name. A hellion offering aid. Tesla put her head to the side, her eyes widening a little. “My thanks. But why help me? Are there things so different than the north, here?” She dropped back into a relaxed looking sit, as if there could be no threat out here on the mountains.

She did wonder if the abundance of prey everywhere in the valley meant more predators who were not wolves - the big cats, wolverines, eagles, bears. All issues she was used to dealing with no matter their frequency here. Perhaps the overwhelming flood of her own kind meant the other predators tended to be kept in check?

Oct 08, 2018 09:08 PM — Post #7

Name Player
Aphelion Grim

“I am bound to give aid to those that need it, and to punish those that would cause misery.” He replied pridefully.

“From where I hail, we believe in Ybos, a God that does not demand worship, or offerings. He demands balance. Wolves are the engine of that balance, and to cause strife amongst one another is an unforgivable crime.”

The short version had become easy, for he had recited it so many times in his travels.

Oct 10, 2018 09:02 PM — Post #8

Name Player
Tesla Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Oh holy fuck. A religious nutcase. Tesla didn’t believe in any god, because she had seen the worst in wolves. She often was the worst, herself. Not that she gave a single shit if anyone found her opinions harsh. People with her mentality would outlast all the cripples and the idiots, the weaklings plaguing their kind.

Especially in this valley.

“Ah, much clearer.” She sent an appraising look his way to cover her disgust. Then she sighed heavily. “Do you know. Much as I long to see her… perhaps. Perhaps I ought not to find Lyra. I imagine, away from murders, from… worse. She may be happy at last.” 

Oct 11, 2018 08:17 AM — Post #9

Name Player
Aphelion Grim

Ah gahd this week’s been rough BUT I’M BACK

“Do you think your would stir up unpleasant memories for her, or are you in danger yourself?” Aphelion asked, briefly scanning the area around them for any would-be sneak attack.

The situation in which one could inadvertently lead danger to a loved one was a terrible one, for certain.

Oct 14, 2018 06:45 PM — Post #10

Name Player
Tesla Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Tesla’s shoulders rose slowly in a helpless shrug. “I am not, not here, away from lawless lands. But bad memories, I do not know.” She admitted, frowning. “It was I who drove the attacker from her.” She scrunched up her face slightly in pained memory.

“But Father. He wants her home. I - I want her happy.” She lifted her head, her gaze searching Aphelion’s features. “What would you do?”

Oct 14, 2018 09:59 PM — Post #11

Name Player
Aphelion Grim

“I see,” He responded, the details fully sinking in. Stuck between her father’s wishes and what she herself wanted for her sister. To come home empty-jawed, to face the disappointment. Or the wrath. He was thoughtfully silent.

Ybos does not meddle with lives in such ways. How a wolf conducts themselves is only a matter for Him if they break His Words. There was no spiritual advice to give. Just logic.

“All wolves deserve what is best for themselves, I should think. If your father’s desires would make Lyra unhappy, then she is not getting what she deserves.”

He found himself thinking of his brother. What would make him happy? They were not permitted to such thoughts. They were bound to carry out the will of Ybos, and nothing more. But if Aphelion was to be an honest wolf, he could not be a hypocrite. If Perihelion turned away from his duties, because it made him happy, would he have the right to scold him?

He supposed it did not matter, for he would never see his brother again.

Oct 16, 2018 07:11 PM — Post #12

Name Player
Tesla Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Tesla studied Aphelion’s expression, seeking for clues just so she wouldn’t pass out of boredom, as he thought about her request then spoke. She nodded slowly, but a bitter look pulled a scowl at the edges of her lips.

“Father knew. Knew that there were murders, rapists. He did nothing - and Lyra suffered.” She glared off into the distance before relaxing her tense shoulders with a sigh.

“I feel… I must find her. For myself. Not him.”

Oct 17, 2018 04:29 AM — Post #13

Name Player
Aphelion Grim

An anger boiled up in him. Her father should be punished. Severely.

“I should like to find your father, for certain…” He rumbled. “Allowing such things is…horrific.”

But the wicked, for once, could wait. An innocent, probably broken girl was out there somewhere. Knowing she was safe with her sister would put his mind at ease.

“Your cause is true, Fern. I will offer any help you may need.”

Oct 19, 2018 09:38 PM — Post #14

Name Player
Tesla Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

What an odd one this Helion was. He really looked upset at the fabrication of her father allowing a land to become overrun with criminals.

“Indeed.” She dipped her head in agreement. “He has many who follows himself, though.” Her head lifted to look him in the eyes. “For now all I wish is finding Lyra. Maybe in time, place for myself here. You have my thanks, Aphelion. Lyra is light in fur too, with blue eyes. Tall and lean - classically beautiful.” 

Oct 19, 2018 09:52 PM — Post #15

Showing page 1 of 2.

Please log in or register to reply to this thread.