Roleplay Forums | Map

you asked for it
[summons] | Calling for Yael | Afternoon | Backdated to a few hours after "I've a proposition for you" | ESu HY5 |

Name Player
Dragomir Negrescu Sabrina Staff

It made his heart race, his knees quake, his skin to flush. It also made him a little excited, though.

His mate had asked him to show Yael a little more hospitality. He justified everything by thinking that, with how businesslike Miss Silvano was, she might not even care if he was attracted to Yael, so long as he provided her with pups and care this winter.

Sure. That sounded about right, even though he knew it wasn’t.

Nonetheless, he was standing on the shore of the bay, tipping his head back to loose a howl for the attractive young woman. This time, despite how he’d been treating the newest member of the Faction, he would try to be pleasant with her.

Dec 16, 2018 11:58 PM

[ ignore ]
Name Player
Yael Silverwing Bear

She was contemplating her new role, her new life, her new pack. The Imperial Faction. She was anxious to meet their absent leader, to see if he lived up to her expectations. If a wolf like Kaya Silvano was apt to follow behind him, he had to be a pretty amazing leader. However, Yael didn’t know what to think about him chasing after his loony mate and looking for their pups. Her opinion would come once they met.

Galea. Recruiting healers, educating the pups, being a leader. It was so different than her usual role in a pack society. She was not being tasked with killing neighboring packs, sparring with the other warriors, or anything of the sort. It would take some getting used to.

All of this talking and recruiting would wear on her body, she realized. She would need to get in her exercise. Yael was considering going for a long run when she heard a howl. Was that.. Dragomir? Howling for her? Yael was horribly skeptical about the whole thing. Did Kaya Silvano yell at him?

Regardless, she wasn’t far away, and started at a quick pace over to Dragomir. She could see him by the shore.. alone?

Dec 17, 2018 09:23 AM — Post #1

[ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
Name Player

Yes, his mate had indeed yelled at him. Though, if Dragomir had truly disliked Yael, he wouldn’t have budged so easily. He was calling for Yael purely out of his own interest.

After some time, he spotted her. His chest tightened, and he made a point of looking out at the ocean as she approached. Not at her. Not on her form. He wouldn’t be one of those hungry males that devoured all with their eyes.

He would be… polite, about all of this. Gentle. Perhaps protective, as he was with his family. Miss Silverwing wasn’t quite as large as his mate, and he got the impression that she wasn’t quite as independent, either.

He waited for her to draw near enough for speaking.

Dec 17, 2018 03:37 PM — Post #2

Name Player
Yael Silverwing Bear

She squinted her eyes at the male as she got closed. God, he always look so stiff. What was his deal?

Once she was close enough to speak, she stopped. No need to get so close to the guy. “Yes, Dragomir? What can I do for you?” She said, blue eyes looking at his face with little emotion. Just because he was rude to her, didn’t mean she would be rude to him. Unless he invited such a response.

She didn’t sit; she wasn’t expecting to stay long, anyways. She didn’t care if the Sagita had issues with her place in the Faction. She was staying.. for now, at least.

Dec 18, 2018 02:20 PM — Post #3

Name Player

He blinked at her when she’d drawn near enough to speak. His pupils dilated as his silver eyes settled upon her. Why.

He cleared his throat, just gently enough to buy him a moment of thinking time. “I’ve been unfair to you,” he said, almost hoarsely. God, his heart was pounding in his chest.

“I would like to… teach you a few things. To help you get acquainted with your new role in the Faction.” His ears rotated back sheepishly, both in fear of rejection and embarrassment. “If you’d let me.”

Dec 18, 2018 10:05 PM — Post #4

Name Player
Yael Silverwing Bear

She held back the urge to scoff. Typical males, she thought.

A better wolf might shrug and let it go. But Yael wasn’t the type. She wanted it resolved. Yael felt like she did her best to be kind, and was met with wandering eyes and a lack of respect. With Kaya Silvano far away, the two of them would deal with it Yael’s way.

Her smile was sardonic and her tongue sharp. “Thank you, I would be pleased to learn anything you can teach. But, tell me. Does my presence here offend you? Did I do something to upset you? I don’t believe I did, but if so, please; enlighten me.”

The irritated wolf’s ears were forward and her eyes looking directly into Dragomir’s.

Dec 19, 2018 11:02 PM — Post #5

Name Player

His soul nearly left his body when she snapped at him. He liked a woman that could hold her own. But, also, he hated the thought that he’d gotten himself into this mess and that there was no honest answer which he would be okay with providing her.

He flicked an ear, his expression perfectly vacant. “It does not,” he answered simply. “As you said, you’ve done nothing. I’m not very open to strangers. I should’ve tried harder to be friendly,” he told her. There. He even put in a little bit about what he’d change for next time, which showed a true understanding of his mistake or some shit like that.

All in all, the dude was just telling her small truths about himself that didn’t apply to conceal the large truth. That he was attracted to her and was shit at coping with it.

Dec 19, 2018 11:23 PM — Post #6

Name Player
Yael Silverwing Bear

And even still, his reply nearly sent her pupils rolling. “Yes. You should have.” She said coldly. “As the Galea I’ve been specifically instructed to recruit healers. When I locate such a wolf, I’d like them to be received graciously. Is that something you can try to do?”

She took her role seriously. It would be just her luck if Dragomir treated her recruit like that, and scared them off. She wasn’t expecting a welcome wagon, but maybe some eye contact and a hello, how are you?

Yael was glad to be able to confront him away from his mate. She didn’t want to muck up her relationship with Kaya Silvano.

Dec 19, 2018 11:52 PM — Post #7

Name Player

Oh, she was in for it. Dragomir didn’t take shit from anyone outside of his family. She may be pretty, but she sure as hell hadn’t earned enough of his respect to use such a sharp tongue with him.

His lips curled, exposing sharp fangs to her. “Watch your tongue,” he growled lowly, “You’ve barely been in our ranks for a day and I will feel no remorse in ripping you to shreds.”

Hey, you know what would be a cool solution to his problem? Eliminating it.

Dragomir had let his temper flare, due to the strong emotions he already felt toward her. That wasn’t what he’d set out to do when he’d called her, but there was no going back now. He willed his fur to lie flat, but his muscles were still tensed and his gaze wide and serious. “Will you take my damn help or are you going to try and push me around further?”

Dec 20, 2018 11:21 AM — Post #8

Name Player
Yael Silverwing Bear

Threatening her? Are you serious, man?

She grit her teeth. Yael would not stoop to his level. She asked him something perfectly reasonable to ask of a packmate, something he specifically said he needed to work on. And he blows up at her?

She tempered the urge to take him up on his threat. She craved a spar; it would be a goddamn delight to put him in his place. But.. not now. Not this time. Plus, she had other ways to get back at him for this indiscretion. She could use his blatant weakness to her advantage.

“I have no desire to fight with you.” Somewhat of a lie. “I would, however, like to do my job effectively. That requires some cooperation on both of our parts. We clearly don’t need to be friends, but we should try to be cordial.” Yael would need to kill something after this. Perhaps a tiny, baby bird.

Her tail swished behind her, in good faith. “To that end.. if the offer is still available, I would like to learn anything you’re willing to teach.” Yeah. A long run, and a fresh kill would be needed after this. She attempted to soften her expression, but for such a serious wolf, this was.. difficult.

Dec 20, 2018 02:27 PM — Post #9

[ Edited: Dec 20, 2018 02:35 PM by Yael ]
Name Player

He huffed out a breath at her answer. Something within him settled down, satisfied with the way she’d backed down. There. Now he could think she was attractive again and not need to worry about Kaya killing him after this. Dragomir was more than certain he was only this uptight with her because of his attraction to her, paired with his frustration at his current situation with Kaya. What a hell of a way to make it worse.

He dipped his head, willing his fur to lie flat. He would’ve liked to apologize, but there was no way she’d accept it. Not after the way she’d reacted to his first apology.

“Of course,” he said, willing the blood pumping in his ears to settle down once more. It was quite exhilarating, in all honesty, to force her into submission in the way he had. Even though Yael had a perfectly reasonable explanation for backing down, Dragomir didn’t consider such things.

“Galea is in charge of recruiting healers and educating the pups,” he recited, “But you know that. You also lead the Manica, which fish, scout pupsit, and heal. Do you know how to fish, Miss Silverwing?”

He hadn’t quite warmed back up yet, but it was leaps and bounds of improvement in comparison to how he’d been treating her as of late.

Dec 20, 2018 10:01 PM — Post #10

Name Player
Yael Silverwing Bear

Don’t roll your eyes, Yael. Don’t do it. Doooon’t do it. She screamed at herself in her head. She was almost positive she could take him in a fight, too…

Yael made a conscious decision that she would not physically harm Dragomir. She was even at peace with that.. for now. So long as he didn’t fall asleep on the edges of any cliffs, anyway. But playing dirty was not off the menu for Yael. His pathetic little weakness for her looks was not lost on her; in fact, it made her feel quite.. icky. But if he was so weak-willed that a female could reduce him to this emotional mess, why not benefit from it?

A piece of her soul would die, but she’d fuck with Dragomir until she got sick of the little game, or maybe got something good out of it. Kaya Silvano seemed oblivious to her mate’s infatuation. If she did catch on, Yael would explain the truth to her. Easy as that.

His acquiescence was, to Yael, a win for her. Being reduced to your emotions was worse than losing a battle to Yael, and she was proud of keeping herself calm and collected.

She traced her blue eyes up his form as he spoke, and forced a small ha when he asked if she could fish. “Unless it’s a salmon jumping upstream, no. I come from the far north, where the water is usually frozen.” She relaxed her posture to a very casual position, finally taking a full and complete seat. Her tail twirled and tucked in front of her front paws.

She turned her head to the side as.. cutely as Yael could manage. “What sorts of fish live in these waters?” God, she didn’t even care for most males - how in the world would she do this?

Dec 23, 2018 04:03 PM — Post #11

Name Player

Uh.

What was this? Her pretty blue eyes burned a trail up his form and he felt himself get rather tense. Dragomir stiffened, as he was prone to doing in uncomfortable situations, when he realized that Miss Silverwing was perhaps also interested in him.

Dragomir was no good at flirting, though. He thought she looked incredibly attractive, the way she’d tilted her head and inquired about the fish, but he lacked any of the direction when it came to the cutesy, flirty stuff. He was used to being direct and intelligent, as he’d been with Kaya.

So, despite the fact that she’d just sat down, he was going to take her to the shore. “Fishing isn’t difficult to get used to,” he told her, rather plainly, considering he was trying to lure in such an attractive woman, “The fish in the ocean are much more unique than freshwater fish. Many of them are colorful, and sometimes I’ll find myself catching things with hard shells, like crabs, that have very tender meat.” He turned over his shoulder, toward the east, and gestured that she should follow him. “Come, I’ll take you to the eastern shore—it’s best, I find, for fishing.”

Jan 01, 2019 10:35 PM — Post #12

Name Player
Yael Silverwing Bear

The whole thing made her feel ill, and she was starting to have regrets. Was it even working? Was he over his issues ever since he threatened to kill her? She was so absorbed in her thoughts, she barely could pay attention to everything he was saying. Fish. Pretty. Unique. Shells. She let out the occasional mmhm like she was paying close attention.

Just as she got comfortable, he announced the lesson would take place elsewhere. Great. A run would suit her well. She stood up, stretched and started after him. “Alright. Lead the way,”

Jan 04, 2019 09:26 AM — Post #13

Name Player

Dragomir started toward the eastern shore of the Pearl at a comfortable trot. He was quiet and stoic as ever, not making for much interesting conversation with Yael, though his mind was racing. She’d softened up around him, but only after he’d threatened her? That didn’t make much sense to Dragomir. All of it made him feel incredibly guilty.

What was he thinking? He couldn’t cheat on Kaya. And, apparently, he couldn’t flirt with Yael. Maybe he’d be better off leaving the Faction for a fresh start elsewhere. Kaya deserved a better mate. But, she also wanted pups, and if he didn’t mate with her this winter, who would? Couldn’t he stick around for another season or so to fulfill her wishes? Hell, she might not even make it through the winter, at her age.

His ear flicked, the only indication of his troubled, tangled thoughts. They were almost to the eastern beach.

Jan 06, 2019 09:00 PM — Post #14

Name Player
Yael Silverwing Bear

She kept waiting for Dragomir’s legs to go faster but he just kept going at that slow trot. She felt like she was walking. Jesus, she needed a run, why weren’t they running? Didn’t they have somewhere to be?

Her mind was also tortured by their supremely awkward energy around each other. Dragomir was so unbelievably weird. Hopefully, this little fishing lesson would be quick and over with. She had better things to do than cater to his ego.

Up ahead, she could see the coast. Oh, blessed coast. Save me from this crawl.

Jan 09, 2019 01:09 PM — Post #15

Showing page 1 of 2.

Please log in or register to reply to this thread.