Roleplay Forums | Map

Ways home
Heckled Holt | Morning after 'Homeward Bound' | Sunny and hot

Name Player
Ozias Chris Staff

He awoken from the nightmare with a flinch and a low gasp, breaths coming in short pants, his teal eyes wide and worried. There was a mass of pale fur in Ozias’s immediate vision, and a familiar scent. He calmed. It wasn’t real. Nobody had died, it had only been a nightmare.

He realized Yew and he must have fallen asleep the previous evening together, and immediate felt a flash of embarrassment. He carefully rotated his head down, seeking her face, wondering if he had woken her.

Awkwardness continued to set in. He had to carry on today. Keep looking for Cian, for any anyone who might have seen his brother. He wanted nothing more than to stay right here with Yew and see where… no. No he didn’t. He couldn’t open himself to another heartbreak. Besides, he’d probably made a total fool of himself, telling her everything he had last night…

But still, the thread of curiousity remained. It was impossible anyway, he told himself. Two of Jacqueline’s packmates disliked him and the Queen herself hadn’t even appreciated his efforts. Even if he found Cian, he couldn’t stay here…

He was probably overthinking things.

Jan 21, 2019 05:21 PM

[ ignore ]
Name Player
Yew Ravello Calico

The girl was totally unaware of the presence of Ozias, her mind groggily in the stages of sleep as he stirred with a gasp. She’d learnt to sleep deeply and found a deep sensation of internal tranquility whenever doing so. However, movement was the bane of her cycle.

Yew awoke to the movement of whatever mass surrounded her but didn’t let her eyes open; barely awake. They remained sealed shut throughout the ordeal of movement, her throat letting out a soft grunt as she turned over. She rolled onto her back and presented her pale belly to the dark male without a second thought, her face at peace with the world with a subtle smile pulling at her maw.

She didn’t do much else but lay there, snoozing softly with gentle breaths.

Jan 21, 2019 05:33 PM — Post #1

[ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
Name Player
Ozias Chris Staff

Ozias let out a breath of relief, not quite loud enough to be a sigh, as Yew rolled over. Trustingly she revealed her belly to him, even if she was still asleep, and Ozias reassured her she was in safe paws with a tiny nuzzle to the underside of her throat.

She was so beautiful, he thought, a little lost in the thought. What if things were different? Ozi wanted to settle down, sometime, after Cian had been found. But how could he be sure a partner wouldn’t just up and leave him? What if he had pups and the mother vanished, how could be subject children to that? Puppies were innocent, and deserved to be raised with all the love in the world. He studied Yew, swallowing hard. He couldn’t imagine her for the type.

But he never thought Felicity or Farra would leave him, either. Or even Cian before that. All the wolves he cared about most had just up left him behind.

He was being ridiculous anyway. Yew had her pack to go back to, and he had his quest for his brother. Doubtless she wouldn’t even think of him after today, she had simply taken pity on a skinny cripple for one night and that was that.

His chin dropped quietly to the ground though his eyes stayed open.

Jan 21, 2019 05:52 PM — Post #2

Name Player
Yew Ravello Calico

Her tongue became thick in her mouth and she clammed her mouth together, tutting slightly before letting out a big yawn with a soft whine. Her eyes began to peel open and there before her was the handsome face she’d fallen asleep beside. She blinked a few times to clear the dryness of her eyes and smiled widely at the male.

“Morning Ozi” she said mid yawn, stretching out her back with a few beats of her tail on the floor. She felt so warm, so content, so risk free. She felt safe. Once the stretch was done, she reached out with the tip of her nose and gave the male a soft boop on the side of his cheek, giving a gentle lick - unconsciously done.

She settled back at that point and shut her eyes once more dozing off a little in the warmth of the summer morning, surrounded by the scent of somebody she considered… close to her.

Jan 21, 2019 06:04 PM — Post #3

Name Player
Ozias Chris Staff

“Good morning Yew.” The smile he returned, if not quite so wide as hers, too caught up in his worries to full let go. But it was automatic to lean his head towards the lick to his cheek, the motion of his tail behind him as equally natural. The little gesture of affection so filled with him warmth that he stretched his neck briefly to touch his nose to her ear, fondness in the gesture.

She closed her eyes again, and he sat up on his elbows, letting her doze until the parch in his throat became too difficult to ignore. “I need to drink, Yew, would you care to join me?” He asked softly.

His stomach gave an embarrassingly loud gurgle, a reminder of how difficult he had found hunting in the harsh mountain climate. Water wasn’t all he needed.

Jan 21, 2019 06:39 PM — Post #4

Name Player
Yew Ravello Calico

Given the affection Ozias supplied her with in return, Yew let out a soft rumble in delight, like the purr of a wild cat. He was so sweet this fellow. So kind and polite. What could possibly be wrong with him? Yew just couldn’t imagine anything to be possible as her chest fluttered.

A drink?

Oh of course.

Her mind cleared of the fog that seemed to encase it. “Sure!” she said abruptly, her groggy brain peeling open her eyes once more. Her body turned over in a barrel roll like movement and she quick to get up on her feet, perkily shaking out the dust caught in her coat from the night of rough sleep. Not that it was horrid, but the ground was pretty solid beneath her and left a slight ache in her side.

Water.

Back to Ozi! She looked to him expectantly and smiled fondly. Oh what a good morning this was turning out to be.

Jan 21, 2019 06:57 PM — Post #5

Name Player
Ozias Chris Staff

Ozias leaned down, gentlemanly going to help Yew to her paws once he was up. He felt a little self conscious once they were standing, though he did smile somewhat nervously back at her. He felt like his height only emphasized just how underweight he was, and there was little he could do to hide the limp on his hindleg as they moved down to the eater’s edge.

Even if Yew did want a wolf like him, a wolf so lovely deserved so much better.

He lowered his muzzle to drink, then looked up at the cream she-wolf. “I suppose you need to be getting back to your pack.” He cast a morose look in the direction of the grove. That awful black wolf and the rude young male had probably told Jacqueline he couldn’t even swim back to the right side of the lake. She likely thought even less of him now.

There was no way he could go back there.

Jan 21, 2019 07:12 PM — Post #6

Name Player
Yew Ravello Calico

She’d noticed his skinny body upon resting against him but when with him stood up, it was far more…. noticeable and to Yew, it was a worrying sight. That and the limp but she couldn’t suss it out because there was no outward injury. However, the severity of it, the limp was quite nasty looking, could be cause to explain his underweight being.

He was literally just walking into his own death if he didn’t take a moment to recuperate.

Yew kept her thoughts to herself until they reached the lake edge, her small body dwarfed by his. When he spoke, it made her chest sink and her ears fell flat as the girl internally deflated. She nodded solemnly.

“Uh… Ozi? Would you like to come stick around a while. You don’t have to stay in the territory, I’ve seen this place super close by though, a bunch of pools and cover from the sun and rain.” She really didn’t want to go back, but not only that, her senses were telling her to help Ozias. He wasn’t doing well, even if he wouldn’t admit it. She just wanted to help.

If he’d let her.

Jan 22, 2019 06:34 AM — Post #7

Name Player
Ozias Chris Staff

Ozias lifted his muzzle from the water’s edge and stared for a moment at his reflection. Holy Smokes, even his face looked thinner these days. But he knew it would be better now he was out of the mountains. He ought to make sure to stick by the water practice his fishing. Urgh, fish every day though…

“Yew, there is nothing I would enjoy more than to enjoy your company longer. But I must find my brother. It’s… it’s the same way the moon must follow the sun every night. I can’t choose not to go, to look for him, I-”

Plus the two wolves who had been so rude to him because he got them stuck on the wrong side of the lake might find him and he wasn’t keen to see either again.

Jan 22, 2019 06:41 AM — Post #8

Name Player
Yew Ravello Calico

Okay.

He was going to kill himself in the search.

Yew took a step back from the water, still having not taken a drink, and gave the male a hard glare. “You aren’t in the state to look for him right now. Look at yourself. Please Ozi…” she uttered, there was an edge to her tone but it was more emotional than harsh. She wasn’t one for losing her temper so easily.

She doubted he would stay. Even if it meant being away from the pack, he wouldn’t want to. She wouldn’t knock him down for his devotion but it was borderline stupid. Surely he could tell he needed a rest?

Jan 22, 2019 06:49 AM — Post #9

Name Player
Ozias Chris Staff

His teal eyes went wide as she glared, shrinking back from her and moving several backpedaling steps away from the water. He knew he wasn’t looking his best, but he hadn’t expected the forceful attitude from gentle Yew. But then, he told himself with a sinking heart, he had only know her one single night. 

“I’m fine, Yew. My leg doesn’t get any better than this, and I’ll find hunting easier now I’m out of the mountains.” He managed, but he sounded as wounded as he felt. Not Yew as well. He couldn’t handle anyone else mad at him, he couldn’t, that was the real reason he didn’t want to go anywhere near Yew’s pack. The distress showed clearly on his face.

Jan 22, 2019 07:00 AM — Post #10

Name Player
Yew Ravello Calico

She was almost sulking. Almost. Her lip trembled and her eyes prickled with a few of her unstable tears. They wouldn’t fall, but her sight obscured with the glossy covering of water.

Yew just wanted to help and having him deny her that, she felt useless at her job. She couldn’t even be a good Apothecary.

“Ozias… You need food, now. A-and I can give you something for the leg to stop the pain. I-I-” her voice cracked a couple of times. Something that hadn’t happened in a while but whatever. Her eyes stayed trained on the larger male and she chewed at the inside of her cheeks to stop looking like a gasping fish out of water.

Swallowing, she mumbled, “I just want to help”

Jan 22, 2019 07:08 AM — Post #11

Name Player
Ozias Chris Staff

Ozias softened, taking a step back towards Yew. “There now, don’t cry, not over me.” He murmured. Surely she didn’t think him worth that, did she?

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to upset you. It’s just everyone lately has been angry with me, and I don’t need help or sympathy or coddling. I don’t mind looking for a meal together. But I can’t sit around letting somebody else feed me, my mother already offered and got angry because she couuldn’t respect my need to be independent. Please understand, Yew. Nobody else does.” He pleaded.

Well, Los and Runa had tried to understand. But Los lived in an environment that Ozias’s couldn’t, and Runa was just a baby, one whom Damien would probably rip his head off if he ever tried to see again. He swallowed, aghast all over again at the thought of letting Astred down.

He hadn’t been the right wolf. He was never the right wolf.

Jan 22, 2019 07:25 AM — Post #12

Name Player
Yew Ravello Calico

Yew sighed. She understood, but she still didn’t like the sound of it. She doubted she ever would. Just a meal or two, she willed him, staring up at him with her wide emotional eyes. What was she to do? He didn’t want to stick around… Perhaps it was because of her and all he wanted was to get away from her - she was suffocating.

No, that was negative and selfish to think. He had his reasons and those were to find his brother.

She gave a brief nod and sniffled, blinking away the waterworks until she could pull a shaky smile. “Okay… One hearty meal. But I’m not a hunter myself… so could I supply it just this once?” she whispered softly, watching him and waiting for him to decline. It wouldn’t surprise her if he did. Independence was something that wolves just couldn’t break.

Still, there was that stray slice of hope beating in her heart.

Jan 22, 2019 07:38 AM — Post #13

Name Player
Ozias Chris Staff

Ozi couldn’t help but take another step forward to aim a gentle lick at her face.

“Can we go together? My leg stiffens up sometimes at night, I need to stretch it out with a hunt.” That was the truth, and he sighed and looked Yew in her lovely golden eyes.

“I’m trying not to be over sensitive, but with everything lately that’s happened - it’s a lot more than just the flood or not fitting in here. And all people see when they look at me is somebody to pity. A weak, crippled wolf. Or somebody they can chase off. It’s like nothing good that I try to do ever matters to anybody no matter how hard I try.” 

He couldn’t change that though. Couldn’t stop trying to help others any more than he could simply accept Cian leaving him months ago. Ozi knew who he was. He just wished everybody else could see him for that who instead of what.

Jan 22, 2019 07:43 AM — Post #14

Name Player
Yew Ravello Calico

Yew nodded shyly, the lick leaving her in a state of awe. Sure, she’d licked him but she’d been half asleep. Now completely awake, and very much alert, the small tongue of affection churned her stomach and she felt heat rise to her cheeks. What was this sensation?! She just couldn’t place it but she could tell you when and where she felt it.

Around men, but not all of them. Just specific ones.

“Let’s go hunt then. Sorry in advance if I mess this up” she joked in her quiet humoured way. She had to looked away from him as he caught her eyes. She did however step up to him and go to press her forehead to his chest as he spoke. She couldn’t speak of the matters that plagued him because unfortunately, she did pity him. But not for his crippling. Instead for how he reacted to it.

He shouldn’t have to feel the way he did.

Jan 22, 2019 07:54 AM — Post #15

Showing page 1 of 3.

Please log in or register to reply to this thread.