Roleplay Forums | Map

What once was
[summons] Wavehaven | Late summer | Evening | Sunny | Tamaska

Name Player
Eve Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

When uncle Bucky asked her to check on how Tamaska was healing, Eve had been filled with anxiety for a number of reasons. Tamaska had acted like Eve was a Chaser when she came back, as if she had forgotten about them being friends. Witchhazel had been treating her until she left, and Eve felt uncertain not only about her own ability to heal but to tread in her former mentor’s pawprints.

She brought some peppermint towards Tamaska’s den, trying to steel her nerves. Okay. Okay, she could do this. Help people. She was a proper Ranger now and this was what Rangers did. And if Tamaska still acted so terrified of Eve… well, she would go to one of her older friends for advice. Benjamin would help, she was sure. She had been clingier than ever with him now two of her role models were going/already on a long range patrol.

She had to try first, even if she was nervous. She dropped the peppermint carefully in front of her. “Tamaska…?”

Jan 23, 2019 07:24 PM

[ ignore ]
Name Player
Pierce Art Staff
Achievements (?)
helper

She heard someone calling a name, and no answer. Pierce debated for a long moment whether she ought to interfere, and eventually, the need to control what was happening around her won out.

“Who are you looking for?” she asked as she walked towards the unfamiliar den and its unfamiliar visitor. A ranger, but one she had yet to get to know.

Jan 29, 2019 02:22 PM — Post #1

[ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
Name Player
Eve Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Eve looked up to find a wolf familiar to her but not one she had spoken to more than in passing or at the meeting. “Hi.” She started out, a bit uncertain because the older female had forgone a proper greeting and gone straight to a question. “My friend Tamaska, she’s not very well. I’m Eve - you’re Uncle Bucky’s sister, Pierce, right?”  She checked, because she’d be embarrassed if she had the name wrong.

Jan 29, 2019 06:13 PM — Post #2

Name Player
Tamaska Sköll Sabrina Staff
Achievements (?)
helper

When Tamaska had heard the voice calling out to her, she’d debated whether or not she should answer it. As time wore on, she became more willing to answer calls, but the fear was still there.

And when she heard another voice join in, outside her den, she sucked herself back against the wall of her den. Two wolves was too many.

She rose to her feet and dragged herself to the mouth of her den and laid back down, to eye them dismally. She tried to catch Eve’s eye.

Jan 30, 2019 10:56 AM — Post #3

Name Player
Pierce Art Staff
Achievements (?)
helper

Uncle —

“Who,” she started because she was pretty sure Benjamin, no offense to his sweet heart, would not have been the first of them to get a mate. She shook her head a little. “I am Pierce, yes. How are you related to us…?”

Benjamin was the only one here besides them, surely Casscade wouldn’t have left if it was… Surely. Right? Not that she wasn’t concerned about your friend, but what was going on. That was a heck of a way to drop information on her.

Jan 31, 2019 04:54 PM — Post #4

Name Player
Eve Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

She caught sight of Tamaksa’s face and smiled at her friend, if a little nervously after last time. She then turned politely to Pierce to answer her question.

“My Dad always said he considered Uncle Bucky as his brother. My sisters and I all called him that, and I guess I still do because I mostly hang around with Percy and Bayley who do too. Um, we’re not actually related though.” She explained, looking a bit anxious - Pierce seemed sort of strict and stern, what if she didn’t approve? “Um, would you excuse me to check on my friend…?” She asked, her head dipping a bit submissively.

Jan 31, 2019 09:48 PM — Post #5

Name Player
Achievements (?)
helper

Tamaska sat where she was, listening quietly as the two girls spoke. Except, ugh, it seemed Eve wanted to come over to her. She shrunk back a touch, but remembered her fear of being trapped in her den.

She pushed herself to her feet and willed her fur to lie flat while she waited for Eve to come closer.

Feb 01, 2019 09:00 PM — Post #6

Name Player
Pierce Art Staff
Achievements (?)
helper

A loud nasal sigh of relieved understanding escaped Pierce. Not an uncle-uncle, just a family friend. That? was fine.

Occuppied with a sudden blast of (wrongly assumed) information, she hadn’t noticed her friend peak out until Eve drew attention to them, Pierce glancing over at them before nodding twice, almost eagerly. Almost.

“Yes. Of course.” Pierce was going to go… not be here where she felt fluffed about looking stupid, regardless of the fact nobody had said any such thing about her.

exit pierce :P

Feb 04, 2019 02:52 PM — Post #7

Name Player
Eve Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Pierce sighed, but agreed and took her leave, and Eve felt a little relieved so she could concentrate on Tamaska, a confusing enough person to Eve these days. She turned to the older female, her eyes sad and a little wary.

“Tamaska? I know you don’t… really want me around anymore.” She swallowed, but that much was obvious to Eve. She knew welcoming wolves. She knew wolves who were happy to see her. “I won’t stay long if you don’t want me to. I brought you some herbs though, to help you get better.”

Feb 05, 2019 05:05 AM — Post #8

Name Player
Achievements (?)
helper

Her lips fell into a frown at Eve’s… everything. She looked so sad. Tamaska wished she had it in her to console her.

But she didn’t. She didn’t want to see her hurt. Just as she’d done with Paloma, she would offer Eve neither a consolation or confirmation for her words. She pulled her lips into a hard line and jerked her head quickly once into a nod. “Thanks,” she told her, “What’d you bring?”

She had an interest in herbs, still. Though that interest had laid dormant within her while the trauma from her journey outside the valley was fresh in her mind, as she started to feel marginally better about it, she found some of her interests returning.

Feb 06, 2019 08:37 PM — Post #9

Name Player
Eve Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Tamaska’s returning expression looked like a grimace, and Eve’s spirits fell further, taking the non-answer to her earlier words as confirmation.

“It’s…” She gulped. “It’s peppermint.” Better, that time. “It helps sooth sore muscles and headaches. It even tastes nice, not like most herbs.” It always made her feel bad to bring people the awful tasting herbs. 

“I’ll bring you some tomorrow. I can just leave it here for you.” It was difficult, wanting to help her friend but seeing how different she was now. How could anybody change so much? Eve couldn’t imagine not wanting her friends around if things were difficult in her life, so she had no basis for comparison.

Feb 07, 2019 06:40 PM — Post #10

Name Player
Achievements (?)
helper

She nearly narrowed her eyes at Eve’s answer, because she didn’t have headaches or sore muscles, but even a hurting Tamaska was more polite than that. She nodded silently as she committed the herb’s uses to memory.

Eve said she’d bring more tomorrow. That made her nervous and relieved, all at once. Tamaska truly didn’t want to be alone all the time, but she had a lot of issues to work through regarding one-on-one company and friendships. They both gave her anxiety.

She retreated into her den. “Okay. Thanks,” she told her. Would Eve let the conversation drop?

Feb 08, 2019 12:03 PM — Post #11

Name Player
Eve Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

She was thanked for the peppermint, but Tamaska quickly went back into her den, and Eve’s face fell even further. That signaled very clearly to the yearling that Tamaska did not want her company, and Eve mumbled a quick goodbye and turned away, trying to blink back her tears.

((Exit Eve!))

Feb 08, 2019 06:36 PM — Post #12

Name Player
Achievements (?)
helper

Tamaska curled up tightly into herself and stared blankly out the entrance to the den. An occasional, soft breeze carried the residual scent that belonged to someone who was once her friend to her nose.

She felt worse than ever.

Feb 08, 2019 09:41 PM — Post #13

Showing page 1 of 1.

Please log in or register to reply to this thread.