Roleplay Forums | Map

it seems a fitting fall
[continuation] headin' towards wavehaven from the rise

Name Player
Paloma del Sol Poe

Fuck the both of them.  She was going home.  She was going to where she belonged, where it was commonplace to actually like Bucky.  How could she have sat there for so long listening to lies?  That’s what they were—lies.  Lies to deceive her and poison her against the only man that had proven time and time again that he cared on some level, and frankly, that’s exactly where she was heading.  Straight to Bucky.

Paloma was too distraught to notice that Frick had pursued and kept going, her short stride more of an angry march than anything.

She was deaf to everything but her own anger.

Jan 25, 2019 12:02 AM

[ ignore ]
Name Player
Frick Sabrina Staff

The one good thing about Paloma being short was that he could catch up to her easily. It made her look pretty cute, too, but Frick didn’t like to acknowledge that.

He bounded up to her, trying to flank her on the right. “Hey, what the hell was that about?” he asked, a little short of breath. It wasn’t just because he was running, though. She’d said she loved him, and he wasn’t really sure how he felt about that yet. He knew he wanted to talk about it, though. It made him feel good. Tingly. Wanted.

Jan 25, 2019 12:35 AM — Post #1

[ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
Name Player
Paloma del Sol Poe

Shit.

How hadn’t she noticed him following her?  It was so.. unlike him.  Usually when she bolted he stayed behind, and although it was a nice change to see him actually sticking true to his word, Paloma wished today of all days he was old!Frick.  She almost groaned as he came up alongside her but it squeaked out as a sigh as she continued marching her angry little self across the valley.  What was that?

“Me being pissed off at everyone bad-mouthing the reason I’m alive.  You get that, right?  You get that without him, I’d be dead.  Dead, or raising some guy’s kids while he beat me up for doing the wrong shit.  Do you get that?  How can you hate him?”  Witch had a reason, at least, but she felt Frick’s brand of hatred was completely unfounded and it made her angry.  Obviously.

Jan 25, 2019 11:54 AM — Post #2

Name Player
Frick Sabrina Staff

He furrowed his brows. More Bucky talk. He didn’t want to talk about Bucky anymore. He got it. She thought he was great. It burned him up inside.

“No, not that shit.” Very eloquent, Frick.

He looked away, his voice low and half-growling. He was still awful with emotions. “The… thing you said.” Don’tmakehimsayitplease. “You’ve never said that before.”

Jan 26, 2019 02:32 PM — Post #3

Name Player
Paloma del Sol Poe

Paloma had been very pleased with her tirade, frankly.  Something in her mind just knew after reaming him out he would be able to see how good of a wolf Bucky was and they would all live happily ever after.  Maybe they’d be able to put all of the tumultuous things behind them and finally, finally relax.

But apparently, Frick didn’t give a damn about anything she said. 

Her eyes narrowed on him as his gaze broke from hers.  “What are you talking about?” What else had she said that he could have been remotely curious about?  Paloma paused to replay her lovely breakdown in her head and froze when she landed on what he had to have been referring to.  Oh fuck.  Had she said that out loud?

“I.. umm,” she genuinely wasn’t sure what to say at that point.  What did he want her to say? “I didn’t say it because I didn’t want scare you off. You’ve only just gotten here and I wanted you to stay.” The truth seemed like a good place to start. “But you can go if you want. You don’t.. I mean, it’ll be awkward now and you don’t have to stay.” Especially not after the hubbub with Bucky.

Jan 26, 2019 05:41 PM — Post #4

Name Player
Frick Sabrina Staff

She didn’t even realize she’d said it, maybe. Frick was wondering how she’d dropped it so nonchalantly—now it made sense. He was more than a little pleased, secretly, that she got so passionate when she was angry. It was cool to see Paloma slipping secrets out, all because he’d talked shit on Bucky.

Except, pleased as he was to hear that she had such strong affections for him, it made him uncomfortable. As always. He had the same feelings, but he didn’t call them love in his head. And he sure as hell couldn’t say it. But Paloma, being how she was, probably wouldn’t accept it unless he did say it.

He planted his butt on the ground unceremoniously. “I’m not gonna leave because you…. y’know,” he said plainly, trying to stay nonchalant and ‘cool’ about things like he always did. “I told you I was staying with you and I meant it.”

Jan 27, 2019 10:48 PM — Post #5

Name Player
Paloma del Sol Poe

His response did little to do anything but frustrate her.  He made no indication that he felt similarly but insisted he was going to stick around, and frankly, it pissed her right off.  She didn’t want to be constantly trailed by a man who was leading her on (rather, Paloma was leading herself on but shh) and be so caught up with another that she missed out on her chance with someone else. 

“I appreciate that,” she said with a bit of a stony gaze.  She did, of course, but she was also just the lupine embodiment of: oqwfuihkqfasg.  Her insides were conflicted and annoyed and happy and pissed and a thousand other things at once.

“Since it’s out there, I’m just gonna freakin’ say it.  I love you.  I love you and your dumb grumpy moods and your dumb handsome face and the way you act like you hate everyone.  And I get that you only see me as a friend, so I’m just.. maybe it’d be better if you left for a while so I could.. I don’t know, get over you.”

It wasn’t what she wanted to do, but sometimes she had to put her heart first.

Jan 28, 2019 12:19 PM — Post #6

Name Player
Frick Sabrina Staff

He bit the inside of his cheek and looked away when she started talking, and his ears fell when she kept going.

Until she switched to something else. His eyes snapped to hers, cold seriousness in his features. “I don’t see you as a friend,” he said, “And I don’t… want you to get over me. I don’t wanna go away and get over you, either,” he mumbled, his eyes trailing off somewhere in the grasses around them. Anywhere but at her.

Jan 30, 2019 11:33 AM — Post #7

Name Player
Paloma del Sol Poe

This was news.  Surprising news.  She stared at him with a burning amber gaze even as his eyes drifted away.  Since when had he thought of her as more than a friend, and why hadn’t he said anything knowing full well that she was obviously into him?  It annoyed her, frankly, but the heat flushing her cheeks was anything but annoyance. 

Paloma released a small breath that had caught in her throat.  He didn’t want to leave and he didn’t want either of them to get over the other.  What did that mean, though? 

The little wolf took a times step toward him, hopeful.  “I don’t want that either,” she murmured softly.  She wanted to walk to him and bury her face in his chest but hesitated, afraid of rejection.

Jan 30, 2019 06:04 PM — Post #8

Name Player
Frick Sabrina Staff

Ugh. Feelings. They were everywhere. Unavoidable. Frick was still afraid of getting hurt, but he was afraid of losing Paloma more.

He kept that stupid, serious, melancholy look on his features and eyed her from the corners of his eyes. “What are we gonna do about it?” he mumbled. Because hell, he didn’t know.

Jan 31, 2019 09:39 PM — Post #9

Name Player
Paloma del Sol Poe

Jeez, he was making it sound like such a burden to have feelings.  What were they gonna do about it?  It wasn’t a disease they could just fight off over time.

“There’s options.”  How had she ended up being the one being logical?  Paloma was the most emotion-driven wolf there was, but there she sat mulling over the logistics of the way her heart beat.

“One, ignore it.  Carry on like we are, just making heart-eyes at each other from across the way.  Two, break it off and go our separate ways.  Three, we could.. uhm, we could be.. uhm, together.  Like officially.”

Since neither of them wanted number two, it was ultimately up to him.

“I’d pick.. th-three, if it was, um, up to me.”

Was running away still an option?

Feb 01, 2019 12:32 PM — Post #10

Name Player
Frick Sabrina Staff

There’s options.

If his racing heart hadn’t pushed him to being on the verge of panting, if his head hadn’t been spinning, he might’ve laughed at her words. They were feelings. He’d tried to ignore them. They’d both tried to carry on like normal. Neither worked.

That left them at the third option. The one he dreaded and craved, all in one. The one she wanted. He huffed. “That’s the only real option,” he pointed out, still looking away. His cheeks and ears were burning, and the heat didn’t help.

Feb 01, 2019 09:05 PM — Post #11

Name Player
Paloma del Sol Poe

This was not the romantic “coming together” moment she has anticipated.  Still fired up from her disagreement with Witch and still mildly annoyed that Frick disliked Bucky, Paloma was disappointed.  In her head she had imagined a starry sky and cuddling and talking about feelings, but what she had gotten was a far cry from that.  Beggars couldn’t be choosers, though, she supposed.

“Don’t look so happy, Frick, you might explode.” Her expression was one of confusion.  “You seem really reluctant. Are you? I don’t want to be your girlfriend or your mate or whatever because you feel like you have no other choice.” She wanted him to be happy about it, because deep down, she was ecstatic.

Feb 02, 2019 06:19 PM — Post #12

[ Edited: Feb 02, 2019 06:21 PM by Paloma ]
Name Player
Frick Sabrina Staff

His brows pulled closer together at her words, and he felt like he was going to explode. It was as if his heart was pulling apart and the blood was rushing into his throat and the second he opened his mouth it was all just going to come out.

He swallowed thickly. “I am reluctant, but not because of what you said,” he offered slowly, huskily. “I’m sure about the you part, I just…”

He glanced away, his ears still flat against his head, trying to find the words.

He couldn’t keep her waiting forever. His heart was thundering in his chest. The blood was roaring in his ears. It made him feel light-headed.

“Everyone leaves, Paloma,” he mumbled, “And I think it’s something about me.”

Feb 08, 2019 01:55 PM — Post #13

Name Player
Paloma del Sol Poe

Everyone leaves.

It tugged at her heartstrings, made her understand him a little more.  He was afraid of being hurt.

“No,” she mumbled, making no move to force his attention back on her.  Let him look where he wanted, it made no difference to her.  “It’s not you.  No one leaves because of you, Frick.  People leave because life just sucks sometimes.”  She frowned, wishing there was a way she could help whatever wounds he had in his heart.

Regardless, she was done with it.

Paloma marched up to him, determination burning hot in her eyes as she attempted to snake her muzzle underneath his and force the motherfucker into an embrace.  “Life doesn’t suck with you,” she sighed, hoping to press against his chest and be loved goddamnit.

Feb 08, 2019 04:07 PM — Post #14

Name Player
Frick Sabrina Staff

Life just sucks sometimes.

Yeah, that sounded about right. But still, he made other people’s lives suck, and he knew that for a fact. He chewed on the inside of his lip, on the side facing away from her so she couldn’t see it.

There was a shift in her then, and she came straight toward him with a fire she hadn’t had a few moments prior. For the first time in a while—what, since that time on the butte?—he rested his muzzle on her and puffed out a slow sigh. “That’s why I’m sure,” he mumbled. Being with Paloma gave him something to live for.

Feb 08, 2019 06:05 PM — Post #15

Showing page 1 of 2.

Please log in or register to reply to this thread.