Roleplay Forums | Map

soft grass is soft
full summer, late afternoon | hot hot hot

Name Player
Kneph Rottie

These woods were full of surprises. They felt so expansive, so colorful and detailed compared to the miles upon miles of sand in his previous homeland. He was being constantly impressed with the layout of different environments. So far, he favored the gnarled woodland where he met Annie and Kaya, but the clearing coming up ahead certainly grabbed his attention.

First, his nose poked out of the treeline. It sniffed two times before his head and the rest of his body followed. It checked out as safe, so without anymore hesitation, Kneph started romping through the clearing. It was open like the desert, but cushioned by the damn near softest grass he’d ever felt! It was a high-energy, playful kind of day, and he regretted not nagging Draven to follow him, but if history repeated itself, the man would show up sooner or later. For now, he focused on skidding to a halt and rolling in the grass. He rubbed his face and neck against it with his rump high in the air and then flopped onto his side and writhed around a bit. Bits of grass flew into the air, disturbed, and cascaded down around him like confetti. Captivated by it, he stared, his tongue lolling out the side of his mouth. There was some drool dripping down his muzzle from the heat, but if anyone was built for dealing with it, it was him.

Jan 27, 2019 01:29 PM

[ ignore ]
Name Player
Oscar Art Staff

Wolves were around here. Duh, Oscar was around here, so anywhere he went there were obviously more likely to bre wolves than places he didn’t go. So yeah. Wolves. In the multiple sense. Recently. Here.

One of which currently was sticking his ass in the air like a thirsty female.

Oh. He fell over. “Maybe he’s having a seizure,” he muttered as he watched the other male flop about.  Seeing him finally come to rest, Oscar walked forward a bit, craning his neck to get a better look without having to move too much closer bodily. “Is it dead,” he asked flatly. The grass or the wolf? Yes.

Jan 27, 2019 05:19 PM — Post #1

[ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
Name Player
Kneph Rottie

Kneph hadn’t realized he had company until the shadow of another being loomed over him and words were spoken. Surprised, he flipped back onto his stomach and awkwardly scooted back a few paces before sitting up. There was grass stuck to his fur and some on his face, which made him sneeze.

“Nah, it’s alive and kicking!” Kneph snickered. “You didn’t happen to see all that silliness I was doing before, did you?” The answer was probably yes.

Jan 28, 2019 10:46 AM — Post #2

Name Player
Oscar Art Staff

Oscar froze up slightly, holding his ground as the wolf burst to life and scooted away from him. Sensing no impeding threat, he relaxed back to his usual dull posture. “The butt thing? Yeah,” he told him with a cheeky grin. You know, just to emphasize that he’d seen it, he clearly had to describe it was The Butt Thing.

“It was weird.”

Jan 29, 2019 02:26 PM — Post #3

Name Player
Kneph Rottie

The butt thing.

Kneph had to laugh at that descriptor. This guy was funny!

“Damn, I can’t believe you saw The Butt Thing.” He joked. “I just couldn’t help rolling around! I’ve never felt grass this soft in my life. Guess it got me feeling silly.” He tried to explain.

“Oh, I’m Kneph, by the way!” Ever the social creature, he tried to make friends with everyone he saw since entering the valley. No longer did he have to rely on stealing and trickery to stay alive and as a result, he was a lot nicer than he’d previously been.

Jan 29, 2019 02:31 PM — Post #4

Name Player
Oscar Art Staff

“What, really?” He asked in disbelief. “It’s like… Grass,” he said looking around at the, you know, grass all around their feet. “What kind of place did you come from?”

And his name was Kneph. Neff? Short for Neffrey? “Uh, Oscar.” Sure.

Jan 31, 2019 05:11 PM — Post #5

Name Player
Kneph Rottie

Kneph felt a bit embarrassed at the way Oscar responded and briefly wondered if Oscar was mocking him, but shook that thought away. Be nice and polite! Make friends!

“The desert! Land of blistered paws, sand fleas, and a huge fuckin’ lack of grass.” Ugh, he hoped he never had to go back. “Nice t’meet ya’ Oscar! Lemme’ guess, you were born here?”

Feb 01, 2019 06:32 PM — Post #6

Name Player
Oscar Art Staff

That sounded… horrible! “Sounds terrible,” Oscar snorted, grinning. He’d only been there briefly but it had sucked and it didn’t sound like it got better with time.

“I dunno where I was born!” he replied cheerfully. “Not here, though. ... I don’t think? I guess I dunno so maybe! I don’t remember it though, how about that?”

Feb 07, 2019 06:36 PM — Post #7

Name Player
Kneph Rottie

“Sure wasn’t fun, I’ll tell ya’ that.” He snickered alongside Oscar. There we go, now everything felt positive! Already Kneph knew he could become friends with this seemingly quick-witted and friendly man.

“Don’t know? Did ya’ get hit on the head real hard or somethin’?” The question was bold, and Kneph didn’t realize until after the fact. “Oof, sorry if it’s a sore topic.”

Feb 07, 2019 10:03 PM — Post #8

Showing page 1 of 1.

Please log in or register to reply to this thread.