Roleplay Forums | Map

The Magnificent, Stupendous, Awe-inspiring, (let’s not forget Totally Hunky) Valley-if-not-world-renowned-Hunter HAS RETURNED
[summons] Falcon Rise | Morning after 'I wanted tyou to know' | Calling Witch and Honey!

Name Player
Jasper Blade Chris Staff

You think Jasper was kidding about the whole dear, Witchhazel? Nope. HELL NO. He had gotten up early, before dawn in fact, to track the nearest deer herd. (It was amazing the lengths a Jasper was prepared to go to when it came time to impress a beautiful woman). It had taken two hours of tailing to locate an injured one, and another hour of stalking, biting and ripping to bring it down alone. Concsquently the half a deer he had brought back with him was looking rather bloodied. It was beyond him to move the entire thing so he’d hastily buried the back legs, chewed off the head, and brought the torso back to the Rise with him to share. Hey, he had hunted damn hard he deserved a bite of the prize too!

“Wiiiiitch! Honeyyyy!” He bellowed cheerily, with no thought about potentially announcing the position of a single mother and her daughter to the entire valley. “Wakey wakey, breakfast is served! Get it while it’s… well, horrifically bloody but it’ll still taste amazing!!!”

Jan 28, 2019 04:48 AM

[ ignore ]
Name Player
Witchhazel Quinzel Raven Marie

The call of her and her daughters name brought Witch’s eyes fluttering open, emerald orbs flickering to the morning light filtering through the roots of the den. What in the heck…

The healer rolled away from Honeysuckles warm frame and climbed up from the den, shaking out her pelt and stretching before glancing down the slope. Jasper was there, beside a bloodied hunk of what smelled and looked like most of a deer—save for the head and a couple legs.

Immediately, Witchhazel’s muzzle split into a wide grin, and she trotted lopsidedly down to him with a bounce in her step. For the first morning since leaving the gorge, she didn’t feel like curling into a ball and hiding from the world. Maybe she didn’t feel like leaving the Rise and striking out into the great unknown, but Pierre’s death didn’t feel quite so heavy on her shoulders—tears didn’t leak into her cheeks at the faintest thought of him.

Gosh did she miss him, though, his quiet affection and shyness.

“Jasper! You probably hunted that thing all night! I could have helped you, y’know.”

Jan 28, 2019 07:16 PM — Post #1

[ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
Name Player
Jasper Blade Chris Staff

Witchhazel looked (rightly) so pleased to see him with her jauntiness and grin that Jasper found himself quite besotted. She looked MIGHTY FINE sauntering towards him in the morning sunshine, bright as the sun herself with that fur!

“Morning, gorgeous.” He replied, unable to help verbalizing the attraction with a wide grin of his own. “Hey, fair’s fair, you patched me up, I hunted for you. And it didn’t take me all night, that’s not my favourtie all-night activity if ya get me.” The trees growing down at the creek got Jasper, for all his subtlety.

Jan 29, 2019 03:11 AM — Post #2

Name Player

Witchhazel loped closer until she could lean down and sniff properly at the deer—yes, a deer, despite the lack of many limbs. It would feed her daughter for goodness knows how long, thank goodness. This was the type of break she’d needed, for her leg and for her mind to rest and deal with all that had happened. Just a few days to not have to worry about hunting, days she could mourn or think or plan or whatever she wanted to do with minimal disturbance.

The ginger woman gave a good-natured roll of her eyes at his comments, chuckling low under her breath.

“You should have waited another day or two for your wounds to heal more, but I appreciate this. You’re a good guy.”

Flirty and inappropriate, not the smartest, but kindness was kindness—any random stranger that would willingly feed her daughter was good in her book, at least held at arms length away. The ginger healer reclined onto her good haunch, smiling over to the pale man. Where he went after leaving wasn’t much of her concern, but she was curious. Did he have a plan or was he just wandering?

“Where do you think you’ll go from here?”

North was still the plan for her—there was nothing left for her here, among the range. Every day that passed was just her biding her time, she knew, but there was only so long she could wait. The days were hotter than ever, but that would end sooner than Witch was ready for. Winter would once again be among them—her heat, nosy loners, scarcity of food, and all the other hindrances that came with the season. It would be all around better to join a pack, or at least another couple of rouges to help feed Honeysuckle (and herself).

Jan 29, 2019 03:24 PM — Post #3

Name Player
Jasper Blade Chris Staff

Jasper towed the meal a bit closer before dropping it within reach. She didn’t call him handsome back or anything, so this probably wasn’t going to get him laid, sadly. He could have done with a little action after the bruised ego from Maeve. Plus her mate was dead now so that meant she was on the market, right!

“Pfft, I’m FINE, woman, don’t stress over me! As for where next, uh.” He shrugged. “Don’t really plan it, I just go, y’know?”

He sat back and grin-panted, open mouthed.  “How bout you and the Cutie? Ya gonna go check out my Auntie’s island? I’ll definitely drop in on ya if ya do!” He promised, tail waving as the prospect. Hey, he hadn’t thought of that! He’d know where she was if she went to the island!

Jan 29, 2019 06:53 PM — Post #4

Name Player

Just wandering, then. And insistent he was fine. Witchhazel wasn’t going to argue—she didn’t know him well enough to worry more than a normal healer would. Instead, she simply shrugged.

Jazz did want to know about where they were going next. Witch puffed a sigh. Finding Poet and Josalyn was probably her best bet, if the Evergreens were still around—or at least if her friends had hung around a little while like they had at the Rise.

Witch was, basically, hoping on another miracle appearance of her two saviors.

“Straight north, I think. Hoping a few friends are still in the valley. If not…. Well, if I get that far, I suppose it wouldn’t hurt to sniff around.”

She didn’t have much interest in a pack he couldn’t tell her anything about, but it truly couldn’t hurt to poke around if Poet and Josalyn couldn’t be found.

Jan 30, 2019 07:08 PM — Post #5

Name Player
Jasper Blade Chris Staff

Excellent, north was definitely the place to go during winter! Not exactly one to keep the thought to himself he grinned at the woman companionably. He was a little disappointed to hear that she didn’t sound interested in her aunt’s pack, but hey, maybe she didn’t like islands.  “Oh yeah, where abouts are your friends? Cause you are definitely somebody I’d like to visit again, Witch.” He reached out to touch his muzzle to her cheek just so she REALLY got the message - subtle as ever.

Jan 30, 2019 08:39 PM — Post #6

Name Player

Where? Well, wasn’t that answer a funny story. Witch chuckled darkly under her breath, but was caught off guard when Jasper leaned forward and touched his muzzle to hers. Blinking widely at him like an owl, Witch smiled just a little, stumbling out a reply.

“I… Don’t actually now. Last I saw them, they were headed for the Evergreens, but I don’t know where that is.”

His affection really shouldn’t have been a surprise, considering how forward he’d been from the get go. Maybe she should have pulled away from the near stranger, but admitted to herself that the contact wasn’t unwelcome, bumping the pale man’s muzzle back.The healer always had been a touchy person, so the closeness wasn’t much of a discomfort—she saw it more of a friendly gesture than one of romantic feelings.

The discomfort came at the wrongness of the scent, yearning for the familiarity of Pierre’s warm scent and soft touch. It hurt to tell herself, for the millionth time, that Pierre wouldn’t ever be back again.

Jan 30, 2019 09:23 PM — Post #7

Name Player
Jasper Blade Chris Staff

HUSTON, WE HAVE TAKEOFF. She didn’t pull back, so Jasper planted a little lick around her muzzle before he did pull back himself, slowly, looking cocky and pleased as his tail waved away behind him.

“Uh, Evergreens, Evergreens. I know where the Evergreen Forest is but not a Evergreen pack.” Jasper did it occur to you they might be related? No..? “But there IS a Twilight pack in the north! Where all those stupid twisty trees are. Hope your friends don’t live there, it’s insaaaaane. I got stuck in a tree that had like a cave thing - it’s too weird I can’t even explain.” His expression showed his disgust though. 

Jan 30, 2019 10:05 PM — Post #8

Name Player

Oh, this guy. Witch knew she should probably be all offended, but really, in a good state of mind, the gingered Quinzel always had been more friendly than most appreciated. She didnt reciprocate his affections, perhaps only because of the aching mourning in her heart.

Gosh, Jazz, give her a few more months to get her head on straight.

Jasper didn’t know about an Evergreen pack, but knew of the forest. Thinking back now, Witch couldn’t be sure whether or not Poet and Josalyn had ever mentioned one or the other, only referring to “the Evergreens”. (Raven was starting to wonder if these two could be perfect for each other?)

“I’m not sure they ever mentioned one or the other, so thats my first best bet finding them. Do you remember them well enough to point me somewhere more specific than north?”

North east, north west? Just a little past the forest she could see in the distance? Wayyyyy past it? Anything, Jasper, would be welcomed. Witch offered a chuckle at his tale about the “twisty forest”, unable to help from wondering if hed fallen in during the earthquake and just didnt mention the part about the earth shaking.

“That actually sounds like it would be interesting to explore, falling aside.”

Feb 01, 2019 07:20 AM — Post #9

Name Player
Jasper Blade Chris Staff

He pulled a face. “Yeah that’s what I thought and I got my freaking head stuck in a TREE CAVE THING.” He announced dramatically.  He paused and thought about it. “Well you just go around the forest in the hills.” He revealed thoughtfully, meaning the glen. “Then like, straight north for a long ways are the forests. Evergreen trees are more to the east and the woods with the stupid deathtrap trees are to the west.” He looked expectantly at her, hoping he’d been helpful.

Feb 01, 2019 07:14 PM — Post #10

Name Player

Witchhazel laughed at his theatrics, amused and genuinely finding she would miss his company whenever he left. Not enough to invite him along to a place he’d clearly already been, not after he’d hunted a whole damn deer for a couple of leaves and given her valuable information about the valley head.

Jazz explained that she just had to go around this first forest, the one in view, and then straight up the valley, through the hills, towards the eastern end of the next forest.

And damn, if he didn’t look a little bit cute, like a big ol’ puppy, when he glanced to her.

Humoring him just this once and feeling rather chipper today, Witch leaned over and gave a lick to his muzzle, tail wagging.

“You’ve been such a big help, Jasper. I hope you’ll stick around with us at least a few more days, let me keep treating your wounds. I don’t know how to repay you.”

Feb 05, 2019 11:06 AM — Post #11

Name Player
Jasper Blade Chris Staff

WIN WIN WIN he got a kiss HELL YEAH! Jasper grinned broadly and puffed his chest out like a proud peacock at the comfort. He probably would have stuck around for six weeks if Witchhazel asked him to right after that.

“Sure Gorgeous, I’ll stay a few days!” He said willingly, tail whipping. “I’m the one that owes you, do dunno bout this repaying me!”

Feb 05, 2019 06:57 PM — Post #12

Name Player

More wolves in the world needed to be as kind as Jasper had been to her. Heck, he didn’t even understand why she felt the need to repay him. Witch shook her head, still smiling but bewildered—happy to have her faith in good people restored but unable to let go of the debt she felt she owed.

“Jazz, I looked for a few leaves and chewed them up to lick into your wounds. You hunted a whole deer, by yourself, wounded. Of course I feel like I need to repay you a little bit!”

That wasn’t even bringing up how much better it felt to know that there was at least one other wolf to help defend her daughter, if it came down to it. At least him staying a few more days for treatment meant she could be sure he didn’t get an infection and, y’know, drop dead as soon as he left her.

Feb 07, 2019 12:05 PM — Post #13

Name Player
Jasper Blade Chris Staff

Jasper liked being made out to be such a hero and beamed at the way Witchhazel painted that particular picture. And he liked the way his nickname sounded from Witchhazel’s lips, and he just plain liked Witchhazel. 

“Yeah but without you I would’ve gotten the total wrong leaves.” He stated with confidence. “Prolly poisonous ones too!”

Feb 09, 2019 05:33 AM — Post #14

Name Player

Witchhazel knew he was right, but rolled her eyes with a fond laugh. She still thought hunting an entire deer alone was more than gathering some leaves, but hey—who was she to complain if someone wanted to take care of her? Maybe that’s how she would live without a pack: she’d find sick or injured wolves and treat them for larger meals in between whatever she could catch herself. There was always someone out there in need of a healer, right? Maybe she’d get really lucky and find a pack that needed a medic.

Still chuckling a little under her breath, Witch sniffed again at the deer—her stomach rumbled at the thought of being 100% full for the first time since leaving the Rangers.

“Lets have breakfast then, shall we?”

Feb 10, 2019 10:42 PM — Post #15

Showing page 1 of 2.

Please log in or register to reply to this thread.