Roleplay Forums | Map

Lush

Aro is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Aro Tony

{ Hello this is my first thread so I hope someone joins and saves my life… K thanks bye c: }

Never had Aro gone through so much suffering in his life. It had always been easy for him, living comfortably surrounded by other wolves and prey. But this land, this dry inferno sucked. Luckily he’d found a winding creek before dying of thirst, and there he’d managed to get just enough food to make it through the desert.

As he walked on, green started sprouting along the creek, and Aro’s life looked less like a dead-end road. Although he was emaciated and beaten, Aro wasn’t going to surrender having come so far. But before he could even cross the valley and reach a safer place, his body failed him, dropping to the ground with a dry thud and shutting down from lack of food. He was in the hands of destiny now.

Dec 31, 2015 10:24 AM

[ ignore ]
Name Player
Poet Serethi Erin
Achievements (?)
1year 2mos 6mos 100posts 250posts 500posts anniversary1 ny2015 otm profile

|| HAI 8D

It crossed Poet’s mind several times to head back to the rise and, you know, see what the rest of his packmates were up to lately. Not that he’d been gone for too long, but he felt like he should make some sort of effort to get to know the others better. For some reason, though, he couldn’t shake the strong sense of desire to wander around and find others to bring back with him. He wasn’t exactly recruiting, but rather if he crossed paths with another wolf who wished to be part of a family, then Poet wasn’t going to tell them no.

After the incident with Colette during their hunt, Poet felt a pang of guilt gripping his core. At least she hadn’t died, but she was injured now thanks to his massive body crashing into hers and sending her flying like it was some cartoon. And, at the very least, they had somehow managed to take down a doe in the process. And a big chunk of that doe was clamped between Poet’s jaws as he walked away from the Verdant Hills like it was some teddy bear for him to cuddle. It didn’t feel right to gorge himself on it in front of the wolf he’d injured so severely, so he just took it with him until he felt it was the right place to eat it.

Before long the lush greens of the hills dissipated into the all too familiar terrain of the wasteland outskirts - the dry, red earth that seemed to go on forever. The area Poet first crash-landed in upon entering Horizon. The first time he’d ever seen a sunset so beautiful that it absolutely captivated his entire being. And the water…

That dreaded, metallic-flavored water…

He’d never forget filling his stomach with that for the first time. It had a weird burn to it and part of him thought he was going to die after ingesting it. But he lived! Suck on that, weird water.

As the grass was pulled out from underneath him with every step, the large male soon sensed he wasn’t alone. Stopping dead in his tracks, blue eyes curiously scanned the surroundings for the source of his paranoid feeling. And, soon enough, he saw another wolf not too far away and he was drINKING THE WATER??? (If Aro is actually not drinking the water and is just thinking about it, please let me know so I can change this xD)

Immediately he started bouncing over to the other male, kind of frantically, with the meat still taking up all the space in his mouth. “No! Don’t drink that!” He exclaimed, although it was probably too muffled by the deer meat to actually understand what he was saying. But as he approached the male, before his words might have even had a chance to register with the stranger anyway, the stranger collapsed to the earth underneath him. With eyes widening, Poet hurried to his side, dropping his portion of meat a short distance behind the two warm bodies - though one body was going to turn very cold very quickly if Poet didn’t do something.

“Hey! Are you okay?” Obviously the guy wasn’t okay, seeing as how he collapsed and all, but panic started to settle in his nerves. Poet started to wonder if he just brought mass chaos everywhere he went now. As soon as he goes near someone, something bad happens and their life ends up being held in his paws.

Dec 31, 2015 12:08 PM — Post #1

[ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
[ Edited: Dec 31, 2015 01:28 PM by Poet ]
Name Player
Aro Tony

[{ HELLO

Aro heard the other wolf approaching, but the sound of his voice was blurry and ethereal, and his silhouette aligned with the bright sun made him look like an angel. But if it wasn’t a mirage and he was lucky, it would be his way out of the eternal desert at last.

Aro tried to speak, say his name at least, but his throat was so dry it hurt. The sound that he was able to make was raspy and painful. “Help me please,” he managed to say, and made a huge effort not to faint again.

Dec 31, 2015 01:42 PM — Post #2

Name Player
Poet Serethi Erin
Achievements (?)

Denim eyes watched the limp stranger, his expression ferociously worried. The poor guy looked a tad skinny, but whether it was his natural build or he was starving, Poet couldn’t tell right now. Naturally he assumed the latter with the physical state the stranger was currently in. There weren’t any visible cuts or anything, though, luckily, so it eased Poet’s mind a bit knowing he wouldn’t have to go hunting for herbs. He still wasn’t very skilled at that.

His attention turned to the sky to pinpoint the sun’s location - which was behind him and slowly creeping closer to the horizon. At this rate, there would be no time at all before darkness choked the land and the desert’s cold blew through. A small sound piped up from below Poet, and his ears flicked down in the younger male’s direction. Was he trying to say something? He narrowed his eyes, because for some reason that made him feel like he could listen better.

“Help me please,” was barely audible, but Poet managed to hear the soft cry. He glanced to the small stream running nearby, but immediately shook the idea out of his head. If he got the guy to that water, then it’d probably worsen his condition and Poet didn’t want that kind of blood on his paws. So, instead, he turned around to search for the chunk of meat he dropped before and ran to grab it.

Like a flash of light he was next to the stranger again and dropped the meat next to his head, using his muzzle to push the juicy chunk closer to his mouth. “Here. Try to eat some of this,” he suggested. Poet was hungry, and it took a lot of energy out of him to take this thing down to begin with, but the stranger clearly needed the sustenance more than he did. He wasn’t the one lying on the ground teetering on the thing edge of life and death. He’d find another meal later - right now, he had a life to save.

“Don’t worry, it’s not poisoned or anything,” he reassured, though realized the statement was a bit unnecessary. The large male was nervous, and when he was nervous he just talked. “Both the meat and the fluids should help you regain some strength.”

Dec 31, 2015 02:02 PM — Post #3

Name Player
Aro Tony

The other male turned around, and for a moment it seemed that Aro’s last hope was running away from him. He dropped his head to the ground, almost crying, but when his savior came back with a huge chunk of meat hanging from his jaws, the young male’s eyes widened and his mouth started watering. Without thinking twice, Aro threw himself at the food as fast as his weak body allowed him, and almost as soon as his tongue touched the meat he started feeling better.

It took Aro no more than two minutes to devour the whole thing, and when done, he licked the remains off his muzzle frantically. He hadn’t had food in days, more than he could count, and this had been a life-saving act of selflessness from the desert strange. Aro turned his face to look at him, this time he was able to make out his facial features and actually focus long enough to never forget that face again.

“Thank you” he said somewhat ashamed. He didn’t know the guy, and even then he’d given up his lunch to save Aro’s life. That kind of people didn’t exist anymore.

Dec 31, 2015 02:23 PM — Post #4

Name Player
Poet Serethi Erin
Achievements (?)

The sense of dread that was banging at his core was soon replaced by reprieve as Poet watched the male quickly devour the meal he laid down for him. At the rate he was gorging on it, though, he hoped it wouldn’t make the poor guy sick in the end. He’d never actually been in a state of starvation before, but he knew what happened if a starving wolf ate a large meal too quickly for its stomach to handle.

A quick ‘thank you’ was issued once the lean wolf finished licking his chops and Poet heard it loud and clear, giving the male a warm and proud smile. “Yeah, no problem. Glad it helped,” he replied, settling comfortably onto his haunches as he watched the stranger. “I’m Poet, by the way,” he said, taking his words slowly to make sure the male was able to register it all. His state had already improved dramatically, but Poet knew it’d still be some time before he was at his full strength again. Maybe he should go find more food for the dude…

His eyes scavenged the red expanse again, but he was a fool to think there was anything living to hunt here. Even if there were, they’d just be small prey like mice and it’d take a billion of those to even make an impact on a wolf’s stomach. “How long did it take you to go through the desert?” He asked, his attention turning back to the male curiously. If he remembered correctly, it took him several days to get through the wasteland, but that was mostly because he got lost at some point and had a hard time finding his way here.

Dec 31, 2015 02:42 PM — Post #5

Name Player
Aro Tony

“Aro,” said the young male after the older one offered his name. The young male had regained enough strength to sit up with effort, and was now at Poet’s level. His muscles were sore from so much walking, and he could feel his nose and lips burning from the constant sunlight. There was no safe place to run away from the damn sun in this place. It truly was hell.

Poet asked how long it took him to cross the desert, and Aro fell silent for a moment, trying to remember. “Too long…” was all he could come up with, but it was accurate. “I gotta tell you, man… Before you came I thought I wouldn’t be able to make it.” he said with a painful smile, “Any chance you have more of that?” he laughed, but secretly hoped Poet could do the trick again and pull another chunk of doe from his magic hat.

Dec 31, 2015 03:25 PM — Post #6

Name Player
Poet Serethi Erin
Achievements (?)

Now that Poet was able to match a name to the stranger’s face, he felt instantly more comfortable in his presence. And when he rose to match Poet’s stance, he felt the relief give him a big bear hug one more time. And he smiled again, because he knew how he felt the first time he saw another wolf when he was stranded in this god-forsaken place.

He listened to Aro intently and laughed softly when he asked if Poet had more food to give. Shaking his head side to side, he gave an apologetic expression. “Afraid not, but there might still be more back where I hunted it down at,” if Colette didn’t eat it all…, he thought to himself. The female didn’t seem like she’d be able to eat the entire thing in one sitting, though, so there was still hope. Poet just wasn’t sure if Aro had the strength to travel that distance right now.

“I’m just not sure if you’d be able to make that trip, honestly. I can see what’s creeping around here for ya, though,” he offered, giving another smug smile before rising to all fours and wandering a short ways off to continue searching for some kind of prey, using a paw to scratch at the ground every now and then. Really, he had no idea what he was doing. He was pretty convinced that there was nothing else around here to eat.

“You can eat me, if you want. I don’t really need my tail to live. This place gets hot enough that I can just sit on the ground and it’ll fuse the wound closed,” he joked, defeated and at a loss about what to do to get Aro more nutrition in his system. Suddenly he got a Poet epiphany and his head shot to his left to stare straight at the water. If there was water…then that would mean there’s fish, right? Suddenly he became conflicted. He remembered when Karevik tried to teach him how to fish and then both of them almost died. He also would never forget the way the water here tasted. But if it was to help someone in need, then…

His eyes pierced Aro once more. “HOLD ON, BRO,” he said, a look of determination on his face. He was on a mission now as he skulked to the creek. It wasn’t too deep, but it was perfectly clear. Only, he didn’t see any fish where they were. Maybe they were being too loud? Poet followed the creek down a ways until it seemed to get deeper, trying to be as quiet as possible. He may have looked like a madman right now, pacing back and forth, but he was going to try his paw at fishing - again.

Hopefully this time he wouldn’t fail miserably.

Dec 31, 2015 03:41 PM — Post #7

Name Player
Aro Tony

And just like that it seemed that Aro’s charm had gained him a friend. Only this time it was different. This was Aro’s only friend now that the life behind him had narrowed down to a no-return roadway, and he couldn’t afford losing this one too. Poet had given him a chance to keep going, and had lifted Aro’s spirit when it seemed all was lost. Perhaps he didn’t have any more food, but he was probably healthy enough to help Aro get out of the hellish desert and then things would be very different.

Aro laughed when Poet joked about eating his tail. He had, in fact, considered eating his own tail a couple days ago, but he figured it would kill him out of bloodloss. It was still a funny joke, though.

“I doubt you’ll find anything around here,” tried warning Aro, but Poet was already sniffing and digging around for food that he wouldn’t find. He did look like a madman, but Aro didn’t stop him. He watched him search for a moment, and when he rushed into the water his eyes followed.

“Seriously, don’t waste your energy. I’ve looked, but it seems nothing can survive this place…” he barked, and then thought back to the thing Poet had mentioned earlier. “Take me to this place you speak of, he said looking down at his paws, “I can try to walk a bit further now.” He didn’t ask how far off it was, afraid he would doubt his own ability to make it, but it was worth a try if Poet thought there still might be some food left. At this point, desperate actions were the only thing left to take.

Jan 01, 2016 07:44 PM — Post #8

Name Player
Poet Serethi Erin
Achievements (?)

After long moments of desperate searching, Poet still came up short. Apparently the fish were also deterred by the weird water here and the male didn’t blame them. He felt bad, though, that he hyped up the situation so much and came up empty-pawed. But he still wouldn’t let Aro starve to death, at least not on his watch.

So when Aro mentioned following Poet back to his hunting site, his ears perked and he skittered back over to the other male with a cautious gaze. “It’s maybe half a day from here,” he began, eyes tearing away from Aro and to the sky to take another reading of the estimated current time. The sky had adopted more contrasting shades of pinks and purples and the sun was starting to dip lower behind the horizon.

“If we leave now, we can at least get out of this dump of a place and take a break in an area where things actually grow out of the ground.” They wouldn’t hit the treeline, and therefore wouldn’t have much cover while they rested, but Poet wouldn’t mind being a sentinel if needed. He was a pack wolf now. These responsibilities came with the title and he needed practice, anyway. Not that it was hard to keep watch through the night - or at least that’s what he thought.

Blue eyes cast their sights back to his new friend and noticed the way Aro was glancing at the ground. Poet suddenly wondered if he’d have a hard time getting up, or a hard time walking at all. In one oddly swift movement, the larger wolf positioned himself parallel with Aro’s body in case he needed support when trying to get up; much like he did with Colette when he nearly knocked the life out of her. “Don’t be afraid to ask for help, by the way. I’m full of that,” he said with a flash of a smile.

Jan 01, 2016 08:06 PM — Post #9

Name Player
Aro Tony

Aro’s eyes widened when Poet mentioned how far away this place was. Half a day. And in his condition, it would probably be more than that, not to mention the freeze of the night was just around the corner. But he couldn’t afford saying no, and with effort he got his ass up and looked at Poet with determination. “Let’s do this.”

The sound of “things growing out of the ground” was lovely. Green, that’s what he wanted to see, he was sick of the red sands and dull rocks. He needed to see alive stuff to know there was still a chance for him, and his few first steps towards that were eager and determined. His knees were still shaking and his toes hurt, almost making him trip down a couple times; but thankfully Poet was right beside him to hold his weight.

Every now and then Aro crossed a glance with Poet, but mostly he was silent during the walk. He didn’t want to waste valuable energy. The walk felt endless, and the time seemed to go as slow as never before. The sky grew darker quickly, and Aro weaker, but he wasn’t giving up. He walked on.

Jan 01, 2016 08:52 PM — Post #10

Name Player
Poet Serethi Erin
Achievements (?)

|| If you’re cool with it, we can archive this thread and I can make a continuation thread in the hills? (:

Aro showed some spunk and determination and if he had the ability to, Poet would’ve highfived him right then and there. “I like your ‘tude, man. We’ll make it there in no time,” he said, not necessarily because he thought they’d make it there quickly, but mostly because he was trying to keep up morale for his new friend. He believed he could make the trip and Poet would get him there one way or the other.

Poet used every muscle in his body to keep himself stabilized for Aro as they started walking, leading him out of this dreaded, haunted place forever.

|| -Exit Poet and Aro-

Jan 01, 2016 09:05 PM — Post #11

Showing page 1 of 1.

Please log in or register to reply to this thread.