Roleplay Forums | Map

Life sucks, right about now.

Tasuku is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Tasuku Atari

It wasn’t spring.

Spring meant, like, fluffy bunnies hopping around and birds and flowers and stuff, right? So where the fuck were they? There was still gross snow clumping to the ground and it was raining. No bunnies were present, just some rather overly-dead squirrel he’d found. It was kind of frozen. He’d been staring at it for about twenty minutes, trying to decide whether he was that hungry to eat the.. Thing. The very dead thing.

Hmm.. Decisions. To eat dead thing or not to eat.

Ahh, fuck it. Tasuku grabbed Mr. Very-Dead in his mouth and trotted off to the fallen tree he’d been calling home the past few days. Set outside the entrance, were a few rocks of various sizes, looking somewhat decorative. He sat down in front of them, dropping the dead thing before announcing, “Behold, my magnificent hunting. Yes, I’m so fucking skilled. You’re welcome.”

He wasn’t exactly crazy, to be talking to a group of rocks, just.. Lonely. He needed to talk to someone, or in this case, something. Tasu wasn’t really someone to go wandering out looking for other people, and was usually too off-putting to keep anyone lingering very long. Like his lack of caring about eating some rotten as fuck squirrel.

“Ew.. This is fucking gross. Ew. Yuck. Why.” he grumbled, with every tough bite of frozen carrion, finally spitting out a particularly foul piece and giving it a look of intense dislike. Then he shot a glare at his pet-rocks, and told them “This is your fault. Just saying.” Better to blame something else for his woes, never himself.

Then he got a really, really, really bad itch and attacked his side with his hind foot, scratching like crazy while grumbling curses. He broke off with yelp, when his claws got caught in a matt of fur, and tried to tug his paw away.. Only to find it stuck in the clump of fur. His coat was such a mess, it was going to eat his foot. Now he was in a really awkward position, and attempted to remove his claws from the tangle, only to find them fully entangled. The only way he was going to get free was probably going to be ripping the matt off, which would be just so much frigging fun.

“Fuck my life.” he grouched, standing up clumsily with his foot held awkwardly attached to his flank, which was somewhat painful and he felt a leg-cramp coming on. “Well. This sucks. This is a fucking sucky-ass joke,” Tasuku grumbled, praying to God no one saw him hopping around on three feet, trying to yank his toes out of a large matt of fur.

Nov 11, 2016 11:38 AM

[ ignore ]
Arrow is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Arrow Savage Sage

Arrow had been looking for herbs..because she did things like that. Today it was devil’s walking stick. Then..throughout her search for the plant she would most definitely not like- the thing was going to irritate her tongue to say the least…Arrow heard talking..but only one voice. She wanted to go see Chaos…but some other sense was warning her away from the hills. Maybe it was just that Atlas and Oliver ought to be back by now. She wasn’t used to seeing them on the Rise or anything..but surely Atlas would call them if he’d returned…right?

Sighing inwardly and focusing on finding the darned herb, Arrow couldn’t help but see the somewhat comical youth. Odd. Why didn’t he just? Oh. Right. Males were horribly inflexible.

” Umm..Do you want help with that? ” Arrow stepped into the clear where they could both see each other clearly, the reds in her coat highlighted by the peaking sunlight, grey eyes intent upon the youth..who she really didn’t want to help…namely because this guy was Cree’s size..and male. Very distinctly male. Though he did look odd like that..didn’t he know to keep his fur tidy enough to avoid matts? It was just a matter of grooming…something Arrow took care of every night and in the morning. She noticed the rocks absently and almost cocked her head at them..that was strange too..why would someone arrange rocks outside of where they were sleeping?

Nov 11, 2016 06:00 PM — Post #1

[ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
Name Player
Tasuku Atari

Yank. Yank. Yankyankyankyankyank..

Stupid matt. Tasuku was trying to tear it out of his fur, but it was really stuck and so was his foot, and every yank was this really sharp stinging pain that was oddly pleasant- in a masochistic way. Okay.. Better not delve into that any deeper, lest he figure out he liked having people chew on his tail or something perverted. He was already teetering on three legs, trying to keep his balance by hopping slightly, and when a very unexpected voice spoke up out of no-where he had a small spaz-attack.

“Gah! The Hell?!” Tasu sputtered, trying to spin around to where the new wolf was, only to flail horridly and fall over on his flank. Stuck foot still stuck, and sticking up oddly, of course.

This really pretty female, had been asking if he needed help, and with every last ounce of pride he had (which wasn’t much), he tried to blow it off as nothing. “No no, I’m fine. It’s leg-day, I’m doing a work-out. Pfft. Obviously,” he grouched, flexing his stuck leg rhythmically and counting “502, 503, 504..”

This looked really terrible. Fuck. First person to notice him, had to do so at his den, with his rock-family, and with himself lying on his side like a dead fish. Well fuckity-fuck-fuck.

Silence passed a moment, before he gritted his teeth and gave in. Best ask for help, by the decent looking lady, before she left him to die and some passing bear found him. “Er.. Well then. Look at that, whilst performing my manly exercise, my foot seems to have gotten stuck. Uh.. Would you be so kind as to help me out? Before I possibly die of fucking embarrassment? That’d be really sweet.”

Hopefully she actually helped, and didn’t gut him on the spot or something. That’d be a real great ending to the day.

Nov 11, 2016 06:49 PM — Post #2

Bragi is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Bragi Þórbjörn Zoi

Dancing paws should have slowed down, but the moment he was reassured that he was not to be eaten — celebration ensued. For the luck of the Gods ever walked with him, but his paws seemed to be scratching against the growing grasses without luck. It was a consideration that kept with him, and it was a sharpness that touched the tongue.

Even as his paws seemed to be stiffening from the chilly wind, he paid no mind. Enlightenment was not what he sought, for his world was already full. The wolf happily moved, finding himself intrigued with the richness around him - it was almost suffocating. Perhaps it was the work of heathens, or perhaps the gods themselves; it mattered not which, for it flooded him with pleasure nonetheless.

The conversation that he stumbled upon though was nothing that the wolf could have imagined happening. The confusion ripened his features all the same though, and with hesitant steps he dared not call out. It was not his place to interrupt this unusual, foreign courtship.

But he could watch… just in case they did something interesting.

Nov 11, 2016 07:14 PM — Post #3

Name Player
Arrow Savage Sage

Arrow watched silently for a moment, considering the male. Wow…just…wow. It was possible he was telling the truth…just..not probable. She hadn’t met this sort before though..and to say she was confused was an understatement. Working out? Yea..ok.

” Alright. If you’ve got it handled then. It sounds like you’re making great progress. Keep up the leg day- I’ll just be around. ” Arrow turned to leave, tail swishing behind her as she returned to her true objective. Evil spiky herbs that would irritate her tongue. Then..the youth spoke up again and Arrow turned around once again, cool and calm despite the growing warning bells in her head.

” I’ll help. This might hurt though.  ” She warned, moving forward slowly, gently so as not to spook the male, Arrow pressed her paw against the back of his leg, trying to force it slightly more forward than it ought to go so that his claws came unstuck and ideally would spring free of the mat on him. That should do it..though he really needed to take care of the mat with his teeth…but- he wasn’t in shock and didn’t have blood all over him so Arrow was not going to bathe him as she had Cree. He was old enough to do so himself.

” What’s your name?” Arrow inquired curiously, seeking a name to replace the one she currently had for him- Young Leg Wolf Guy. ” I’m Arrow Savage by the way. ” Arrow introduced herself, not bothering to mention her pack- he’d be able to smell it on her from this close surely.

Nov 11, 2016 07:42 PM — Post #4

Name Player
Tasuku Atari

Oh thank god, she was going to help.

“Hurt?” he squeaked, before coughing and grunting out “Er.. I mean.. Pfft. Yeah, it’s fine. Do what you must.” For such a large male, he could be such a dork sometimes. She pressed her paw against his leg, and he flinched involuntarily at her touch, but the female was gentle, and it didn’t hurt at all as his leg was made to move at a weird angle, and suddenly, his paw was free. The matt was sticking up at a weird angle though, and looked disgusting. Self-consciously, Tasuku sat up, and began to lick it back down, though he didn’t know how to remove it really.. His coat was full of them.

“Tasuku,” he mumbled, in between licks, giving her a very small smile when she told him her name. “Arrow Savage,” he drawled, letting it roll off his tongue, “Sounds.. Pretty and deadly all at once! So.. Savage” He stuck his tongue out at her, playfully, before standing up and shaking himself wildly, staggering some and bumping into Arrow’s side. He yipped “Sorry!”, but paused when he realised she smelt of many wolves.. The thought of her being part of a pack didn’t connect at first, as Tasuku had never met pack wolves before now, and stupidly, he blurted out “Do you have many lovers? You smell like a lot of different people..”

His ears twitched, and he looked away in embarrassment, using a sandy paw to nudge a rock back into it’s specific place, and then he sat down with a huff, head held low and depressed. He fancied he heard something large rustling farther up the Glen, and he looked toward where he thought the noise was coming from. He saw nothing however, and went back to looking at the ground. “You’re.. going to leave now?” Tasuku asked, sadly, ears flat. Probably. Didn’t everyone?

Nov 12, 2016 04:44 PM — Post #5

Name Player
Bragi Þórbjörn Zoi

As his paws seemed to come crawling forward, he watched the notion. It was so interesting to see the way mortals acted, and it was enough to send him fluttering. Such treasonous whispers, such hedonistic ways that they were exhibiting.

It caused his eyes to widen lightly, Arrow. What kind of name was that for a maiden? It most assuredly was one of those wrangler, intense sort of names that often got lost in the stories. Now, Tasuku; that as a big bulking name! A guy with really big - brains! - must have been accompanied for such a name.

But he was not well grown up, so Bragi took it upon himself to be of aid.

Fear not! For when the winds turn westward the stench of the male falls away! Lovers bequeath gifts, not stories! That is no way to woo a charming maiden, young man!” His words were boastful as he stood up from his hiding place, effective as a director yelling for things to cease.

His tail raising on the air, he marched toward them; “Rewind a time, and play it again - show us your coillons, boy!

All he had to do was cock a leg.

Nov 12, 2016 05:03 PM — Post #6

Name Player
Arrow Savage Sage

Young Leg Guy squeaked when she mentioned that it might hurt…then seemed to brush it off. He’d be fine. At least he wasn’t a true whiner though- he seemed intent upon acting tough for whatever reason. Either way, it worked to keep Arrow far calmer than she usually would have been. ” You might try worrying at them with your teeth and tongue- that way you don’t get stuck while working out again. ” Arrow suggested, watching the youth intently.

Then, as he complimented her name, Arrow chuckled, grinning ” I’m only savage sometimes ...though my brother might disagree.  ” Then, falling silent, she paid strict attention to her pronunciation of his name Tasuku..I like it. It’s a strong and handsome name. ” It was a nice name…though she hadn’t heard it’s like before. Somehow, Arrow just found that it fit the youth. As Tasuku hit her though, Arrow stiffened, and her fur bristled defensively, only just suppressing the urge to snap at him. It wasn’t his fault..and he hadn’t done anything to warrant..wait a minute! He was accusing her of having not one but multiple lovers? Ahhhhh..no! Arrow was a one wolf female, and while she hadn’t completely decided how she felt about certain wolves- they certainly were not her lovers so what on earth was this..urg male talking about! It was the second half of his statement that protected the youth’s hide from a through tongue lashing. He didn’t know about packs. Grreeeaaatttt.

” Ahhh..No. I don’t have lovers..or even a lover if you must know. I’m part of the Stormborn Alliance.  ” Arrow grumbled at him, ears folding back a little, only to resume to their normal forward position when Tasuku seemed to deflate at the idea that she might be going away. ” I don’t have to if- ” Stiffening at the noise, Arrow stared at the now rustling underbrush as a male came forth, and she growled, ruff rising and placing herself between Tasuku and this unfamiliar male protectively. She might not know the youth well, but someone she had spent a moment with was better than someone she didn’t know at all

” Might we have the pleasure of your name stranger? ” Arrow growled, a bright fire in her eyes boring into this male, obviously less than pleased at a male who had clearly been watching and had not chosen to speak up..and then chose to speak of..weirdness.. rather than a normal greeting. Males that didn’t announce themselves made her more than a little inclined not to trust them. It indicated a trap..and Arrow didn’t want to be caught again.

Nov 12, 2016 08:34 PM — Post #7

Name Player
Tasuku Atari

Stormborn alliance? Tasuku’s next stupid, blithe question was going to be if you had to be born in a storm to join, but he was cut off by Arrow starting to say she didn’t have to.. Didn’t have to leave? Would she stay with?! His amber-brown eyes started to widen with hope, that perhaps someone actually wanted to be his friend, keep him company! But oh no.. Did he have enough room in the fallen tree for them both? Would she make him move his rocks? He could maybe let her have her own rocks, if it made her feel better..

But then some very weird voice was speaking up, and an even weirder male was coming towards them. “Woo? Maiden?” Tasuku sputtered, blinking wildly and trying to not flush in embarrassment. Arrow was taking position in front of him, as if he needed protecting, and he knew that wasn’t quite fair, as he was this big male and all, and she was a.. What had Freaky-Freak called her? A Maiden? Clearing his throat, he stepped forward some to stand beside Arrow, letting his usual grumpy scowl appear. Look tough, look manly. He was nearly an adult, for fuck’s sake. 

Then that vanished, when the other male told him to show Arrow his ‘coillons’, and Tasuku gave him a look that was pure confusion. “My what? The fuck are Coillons?” He gave Arrow a look of pure confusion, before turning his head to the side and looking over his shoulder at his body, trying to figure out what part a coillon was. Wait..

If he was talking about wooing and maidens and lovers, then maybe coillons were..

Oh.

Oh!

“Er.. I don’t think that’s polite on a first date.. Uh.. I mean, not that this is a date.. I.. Uh.. Unless you want it to be?” Tasuku was just thoroughly confused, and his tail was trying to hide the aforementioned coillons, as he flicked his red ears back in embarrassment. He shot Arrow a slightly terrified look, and gulped.

This was so not how you got a girl to share your rock collection..

Nov 13, 2016 09:59 AM — Post #8

Name Player
Bragi Þórbjörn Zoi

The delight in his features was that like watching a movie, which often times was how Bragi felt. This was his stage, and he was oftentimes the director of other’s stories. It was the debilitating delight of having a self-proclaimed demi-god as a father. It tended to make everything in life a bit more dramatic.

But he found himself halting, stiffening at the woman who all but puffed and raged like a fish getting bloat from drying out in the sun. The shock that twisted his features, well, it was one for the ages! “Gracious!” His voice squeaked, his ears flung back and his tail tucked between his legs.

A savage indeed! Stall your wrath, my maiden! It’s not an ill-weather we walk in, the poet only expresses the story of your budding romance!” But there was a hint of panic, the whites of his eyes showing as he took a step back. After all, this was certainly not part of the script.

Glancing at the other male, he cleared his throat; “Names aren’t given to those who approach with rage - it rather causes a dreary flame of dread within the cockles of the imploding spirits.” But then he was looking to the shy boy, and in a staged whisper, “No, no son! Be wary - a wraith eats them, not rides ‘em!

This was no maiden. But he grinned wide, head still low, body ready to run and flee from the wraith.

GOSH.

He’d been only trying to help.

Nov 15, 2016 06:18 PM — Post #9

Name Player
Arrow Savage Sage

A Savage? He had no idea what she had done…or what any of her bloodline had done. Most of them had been bigger than her. They fought and protected their kin, and any innocent knew that they were safe with one of her blood. But that line had been whittled down to two wolves as far as she knew. Bane and herself..plus Olivia, if indirectly. Furthermore…he didn’t know of the monster her family feared. The one in their blood that threatened to make them enjoy killing.

Refocusing her thoughts, Arrow didn’t pay any mind to the confused youth beside her..he wasn’t a threat. This one…this one might be the threat..although the submissive acts and show of fear were…surprising. Most monsters didn’t do that. They blustered or flirted or did anything but show submission.

Speaking coolly and settling her ruff, Arrow spoke smoothly, though one could tell she wasn’t pleased ” I find that gentlemen don’t lurk in the shadows, skulking and watching..rather it’s the monsters who lurk unannounced and are those that fear giving their name, readying to hurt their quarry. ” A brief flash of pain, bright and shuddering ran through Arrow, and though she made no move to attack, the she-wolf didn’t relax entirely..not until she had his name. Tasuku would support her…probably. Though whether or not he’d be any good in a fight was a different matter.

Arrow was obviously more relaxed when she spoke to Tasuku, gently guiding him to the correct conclusions. ” Not a date- I choose to be friends before that, and that wouldn’t be appropriate for a first encounter anyway. ” Never no mind their age difference! She could almost be his mother. Plus..there was Chaos. She needed to go see him maybe. Spending the day with him had been nice- it was odd feeling safe around males..and especially one of Chaos’s sheer size. Temporarily the anger she was using inside her was burning away her fear..but once it settled…Arrow didn’t know what she’d be left with.

Nov 15, 2016 06:54 PM — Post #10

Name Player
Tasuku Atari

Tasuku wasn’t even going to pretend he understood half of what the other male was rambling on about. Besides, he didn’t know Arrow that well, but he was more than positive she wasn’t a ‘wraith’, nor would she attempt to eat his manly-parts. No, if it came down to the wire, he’d be siding with the kind female, wraith or not. He was rather a decent fighter, from small scraps in the past, and could be of use.

His heart did drop a small bit, when Arrow gently turned him down, but in his pessimistic view he hadn’t expected her to like him in such a way anyhow, so it wasn’t a wounding blow. Tasuku merely nodded, keeping a wary eye on the odd intruder, and murmuring very softly so only she could hear “It’s fine.. I wouldn’t have believed you if you said it was.”

Returning his amber eyes to the male, he stood a bit taller and tried to take command of the situation. He was on Arrow’s territory, sure, but they were all right outside his home, and he had final say. At least, he hoped so. Directing his narrowed-eyed scowl on the dramatic wolf before them, he decided to play at his own game of make-believe, if that’s what it was. Maybe he was just insane, and truly believed Arrow was a ball-eating wraith thing.. “I would listen to the girl, and respectfully tell us your name,” Tasuku told him calmly, a slightly wicked grin forming on his face. If the male wanted to act, he’d play along.

“You see, she is a wraith,” he went on smoothly, slinking closer to Arrow and resting his muzzle on top of her head. “Just play along and we’ll scare him off,” he whispered in a breath, so only Arrow would catch his words, and they wouldn’t tip the weirdo off. Louder, he smirked devilishly at Bragi, and purred “I summoned her, and she bends to my will. Now, this is my dear home, and if you don’t want your own Coillons to become sustenance for my Savage Arrow, I suggest you either state your business or be off.”

He’d apologise to Arrow after, for making her a ball-eating monster, if all went well.

Nov 16, 2016 04:18 PM — Post #11

Name Player
Bragi Þórbjörn Zoi

For a few long moments, he found himself unable to stop the look of derision that filled his features. While there was a warmth and a tongue that flicked and twisted in his own mouth, to have himself mocked was enough to show a slight rolling of shoulders. A note of agitation.

You treat her like a common whore,” HIs voice grew softly severe, “Tisn’t a joke - and the lady’s right, deeds are a risky thing.” But he found himself shaking out briskly, a clear signal that he was not looking for confrontation. His eyes moved to the woman, and he found himself snorting once more.

This is closen upon another’s quarry - the lady lays of the south, the scent dangles like a rich clementine upon a fairy’s leaf.” The hills would smell like that, the plains. He could already see the hot of the summer in the mind’s eye, and the excitement steadied him. It offered a question of understanding.

Bragi, Savage one.” His voice was lilting, “Offense wasn’t meant, the dampening touches of a man’s mind is blinded by poetry yet unwritten.

Nov 17, 2016 06:04 PM — Post #12

Name Player
Arrow Savage Sage

SIlly pup…well..he wasn’t a pup to be fair..but first meetings never were a date. Arrow had literally just met him, and while she liked him so far, he didn’t stir deep feelings in her..but then..no one really did to be fair- her walls were thick- shielding the world from the scary thing that could be Arrow. Eh. Why was Tasuku calling her a girl? She was a woman- though not admittedly made one by her choice- after she’d have to nip his ear or something. Girl..paffftt. No one ever really called her girl- woman, little one, and lady, yes. Girl..never. Maybe it was just that the southern wolves were unaware how females were treated in the North. Perhaps they didn’t mean to be disrespectful…but still. Tasuku made her want to nip his ear. Not enough to hurt, but like a gentle tug, partially affectionate but also scolding.

Then, suddenly Tasuku was resting his muzzle atop her head, and Arrow tensed, her tail sharply going tight against her flanks, eyes going flat and grey, unsteadily standing. Too similar..too similar. She wanted to howl in fear. Skittering aside, Arrow missed Tasuku’s direction to stay still and play along, instead landing heavily on one of her hips as her left hind leg folded before pulling herself back up to a seated position, tail wrapping about herself and taking on a stoop shouldered position, defensive and not all there.

” I’m in the hills often..but I don’t live there..I live on the Rise. Not courting anyone..” Arrow murmured, paying attention but trying to suppress the quivers going through her frame. Halo liked doing that..putting himself over her in any way possible. Sometimes it had been grabbing her scruff, whispering in her ear, or placing his head on her own and talking softly to her.  He said he loved her..but it just made Arrow feel sick. ” It’s ok Bragi..”

The only two had expressed interest in her had been Santiago and Chaos..though she and Chaos could never be together. They both had things to do on their own, on opposite sides of the valley.  Though..Arrow knew she didn’t smell of Chaos- they hadn’t touched enough for that. She smelled like her pack- Catalyst, Rhydian, Veerle, Ale, Siberia, Atlas, and faintly of the others.

Nov 18, 2016 02:23 PM — Post #13

Name Player
Tasuku Atari

He’d fucked up, of course. What more could anyone expect, from a fuck-up like him? Now this new male, Bragi, was telling him he treated Arrow like a common ‘whore’, and he bristled back, pulling himself up to his full, rather considerable, height. He didn’t try to make sense of the other bullshit the odd wolf was yapping about, merely let his eyes smolder as he growled low in his throat. “I do not treat her like a whore,” Tasuku snapped, ears flat and eyes narrowed. He barely knew her, and already his reputation was going to shit. Next thing you’d know, there’d be rumors all over the valley of some pimp named Tasuku whoring out females. He had never even considered doing such a horribly awful thing!

And now Arrow was upset, hunched over like he had hurt her, looking panicked. What had he done? He’d only tried to pretend, to scare the weird one away.. He hadn’t meant to hurt, to scare, by resting his head on hers like that. He gave Bragi one last look of dislike, before turning from him and whining softly to the older female. I’m not a threat. She was shaking, so not savage, and he kept low and tucked his tail, so not scare her more. “Arrow? What did I do?” Tasuku whimpered softly, a mixture of confusion and sadness and hurt crossing his features.

He wriggled up next to her, but not touching like before, just gently nudging her shoulder with a wet nose. “I’m sorry, whatever I did.. I didn’t mean to treat you like a w-.. I didn’t mean to upset you..” he had seemed so sweet, and now she look broken. He imagined he must have looked similar, nine months ago, when his mum had vanished. He didn’t want to make her so upset, but he hadn’t an utter clue as to how to fix his actions. Why must he always chase everyone away? Was he so horrid? “Please don’t be mad..” Tasuku whined once more, looking down at his paws with his tail tucked and twitching madly with anxiety.

Nov 18, 2016 04:40 PM — Post #14

Name Player
Bragi Þórbjörn Zoi

Paws seemed to dig into the ground, and if anything there was something that sparked him to life. It was enough that there was a sharpness that had filled into his eyes, and his tail had seemed to start to raise. It was enough that he started leaning forward as Arrow’s reaction started triggering enough to show concern.

Mama had been like that. Frozen, when it wasn’t anyone but the God himself with her; but the Priestess had never told him why. What had happened. Bragi was not a pup anymore, there was no something that seemed to keep him from snapping his jaws lightly.

A paw upon a woman who isn’t yours is never a joke, young wolf.” HIs words were quiet, but dangerous. It was such that he found himself staring at the male, a fair bit hard. It was enough that he recognized that Tasuku had grasped he had made a mistake, but the surge within him to protect the woman was daunting.

Tail flicked slowly, he murmured, “None will make you dig deeper into the dark here, Arrow.” He vowed softly, the faint quiver of his legs reminding him not to lunge. “Whether you savor the settling words or not - I will keep you from passing through ill in my presence. It is that of my kin’s ways.” It didn’t help that he still wanted to scuff the boy… but he was being good. Good little godly wolf-man.

Nov 18, 2016 06:11 PM — Post #15

Showing page 1 of 2.

Please log in or register to reply to this thread.