Roleplay Forums | Map

Follow your nose
[continuation] Arrow + Tasuku | Hunt Thread | Slightly South East beside the Glen | FS

5598
Bragi is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Bragi Þórbjörn Zoi
 

Tracking outwards, there was almost a view of the rise in the far distance - not that Bragi would have been able to label it so. But as he entered the grasslands, the hills were not too far away. It was hissing, and there a pressure to make sure that he was on the right track.

As his body wiggled, he plowed his way through the shorter spring grasses with undoubtedly a bit of arrogance - it was a natural inclination. Tracking, tracking. His attention span was ever growing, assisting that he needed to keep on the move. It didn’t matter to him, but he could feel the frown gracing him.

What was he doing? Did Tasuku even deserve a light meal?

It wasn’t that though - he didn’t want to do it for Tasuku at all. He wanted to make it up to Arrow. He had been a tad obnoxious, and now he was attempting to backpedal.

He was a silly demi-god sometimes.

But oh!

HORSE POOP!

His nose drove into it, groaning with delight, flipping over onto his back to roll in it.

Camouflage.


Dec 01, 2016 06:05 PM

  [ ignore ]
81279
Tasuku is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Tasuku Atari
 

The trip had been a little long, but Tasuku was more than ready to grab a bite to eat and his hunger drove him forward at a quick pace. Head up, ears cocked, he kept Bragi in his line of sight as the smaller male scouted ahead, glad they’d managed to keep friendly so far. As long as the Poet kept out of his fur and refrained from any more stupid comments, the younger male would behave superbly.

He really liked Arrow, and owed her that much at least. She had been the first wolf to be kind to him since.. Well, since mum.. Before she ditched him.

Shaking his head to clear it, the sandy grey male hurried on after Bragi, as he’d stopped up ahead. Had the riddler found something? Licking his lips in anticipation, he waggled his tail and padded over to where the other male was.. Rolling?

A strong scent hit his nose, and the adolescent recoiled slightly, sputtering. “Sexy. Very Sexy,” Tasuku grunted sarcastically, but it did make sense to disguise themselves with the horse dung. Why did the weirdo have to be so damn smart?

Sighing heavily, he nosed forward, mumbling “Move over some..” so he could roll in the patch beside him.


Dec 01, 2016 06:49 PM — Post #1

  [ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
81583
Arrow is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Arrow Savage Sage
 

Arrow had relaxed during the trip. Time spent around males without them hurting her did tend to mostly increase her trust of them, though touching was still a no-no. At least sensitive areas- the nape of her neck, and somewhat between her ears. Mostly possessive touching wasn’t good.

Then, Bragi seemed to stop moving ahead of them. Curious, Arrow moved gracefully, not too far from Tasuku’s side. Then, her ears rolled back as the smell hit her sensitive nose. Horse shit…and Bragi was..rolling in it. No thank you. Arrow had done so in the past..and it had taken ages of grooming to get it out. It was smart…but unless she was mistaken..Arrow’s head swung around as she spotted what she would roll in.

Moving over to the lavender, Arrow stuck her nose into it for a moment, smiling. It smelled like home. When the world was safe, and bad guys didn’t come anywhere near them for their reputation of putting evil wolves down. Then, shaking herself, Arrow got down to business, rolling thoroughly in the lavender- not far away from the pair of males.


Dec 02, 2016 06:01 PM — Post #2

  [ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
81593
Bragi is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Bragi Þórbjörn Zoi
 

A self given righteous way was to make a scent that would have been offered in a mess. It was an extremity that could not imagine, and the tension seemed to come sliding through his tongue. His mouth was opening carefully, it was a sharpness that told him a world of imagination.

When he finally seemed to come bouncing back up, and ears seemed to fully come up, looking attentive. Yes that was exactly what was needed, and suddenly there were a few long moments of approval that came as the male joined him. Yes, that made more sense than anything else.

But then he was on the move again, nose tracking out. Idly he had noted that Arrow had caught up, choosing a different route. The freshness and the understanding of it all kept him moving.

A tasty little moment seemed to keep him blunt with the fabulous touch. Tail in the air, he tracked readily enough. Paws moving - yes, this was the solution. He could already taste them on his tongue - and they were headed in the right direction.


Dec 02, 2016 06:28 PM — Post #3

  [ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
81762
Tasuku is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Tasuku Atari
 

Dear sweet lord of everything Holy, he fucking stunk.

Lip curled, Tasuku rolled over in the pile of shit once more, before standing up and shaking his coat out. Well, he certainly didn’t smell like wolf anymore. Bragi was already trotting off with intent, and the younger male waited for Arrow. What was she doing? Rolling in lavender?

Goddammit, that would have been a lot less wretched smelling. He heaved a sigh, shaking his head at himself. Stupid young punk. Use your head next time. “Funny, now the girl will smell all pretty like flowers, while us two guys reek,” Tasuku joked with a small grin, wagging his tail as he waited for Arrow to finish.

He could smell her from here, and sneezed. Lavender made him sneeze, along with most strongly fragrant flowers. But he still rather liked it.. It was oddly relaxing, like it was telling him everything would be okay. If only he could believe it.

“Hard to be Savage, when you smell so purty,” he teased again, not trying to flirt. Really! He just liked to tease sometimes.. Sigh. Maybe he should shut up before she thought otherwise, and he made the hunt more awkward than it already was. Ducking his head, Tasuku hurried after Bragi.


Dec 03, 2016 12:12 PM — Post #4

  [ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
81944
Arrow is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Arrow Savage Sage
 

As Arrow rolled to her feet, she chuckled and shook her head. It wasn’t her fault that the males had chosen the horse shit…she just felt differently about it. It did work…just..lavender worked as well, and didn’t leave her coat with a stinky smell. Besides..it was soothing, and would keep bugs away from her. All of the good benefits of knowing herbs.

Sticking her tongue out, at Tasuku, Arrow spoke, still amused and not offended. ” It just fools people better. ” Then, abruptly realizing that Bragi was moving already, Arrow sped after the male, using her own nose to verify that he was on the right trail, but mostly paying mind to their surroundings. It was her and Tasuku’s job to watch out for external threats. Guarding for other predators or wolves.

Sneezing once, Arrow cleared her nose- maybe the lavender had been too strong but it was better than the alternative- striving to focus on the horses and other areas.


Dec 04, 2016 11:09 AM — Post #5

  [ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
81962
Bragi is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Bragi Þórbjörn Zoi
 

Of course, he was the sort who was all too willing to go on a tangent, but there was a question that seemed to be whispering upon the edge of his ears. Nose to the air, he could almost smell the distinct scent of moving flowers, and it was enough for him to glance back.

Ears falling against his head, he almost felt the need to mention it was unlikely to be an effective hunting strategy, especially since the lavender was not in heavy blooming cycled. But he was not about to complain, and thoughtfulness seemed to stick with him.

Graciously, he found nothing to keep him beyond the thought of thievery, and his tail flicked. Taking a life was a natural inclination, but the warmth seemed to stick. A forgotten song, it kept singing in his ears in a way that there was a countess to keep moving.

His quiet sounds seemed to be offering little in the way, head down - he suddenly shot off to the left, deviating from his trail. After all, one did not simply walk up to a horse and offer something of a discussion about what they could or could not do.

Tail flicking, he grunted. Hoping the other two would catch his deviant ways; after all, the pure scent of prey was beginning to get stronger to his nose.


Dec 04, 2016 12:34 PM — Post #6

  [ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
82275
Tasuku is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Tasuku Atari
 

Tasuku’s ears perked as Bragi shot off in the complete opposite direction of the trail, his tongue flicking over his muzzle with a desperate hunger as he sped up and hurried after the big-eared wolf. So hungry. So goddamn hungry! He wanted to tear into some hot, warm flesh, and have the blood pool in his mouth..

Keeping silent, he caught up to the other male, ears flicking wildly. “We’re close.. They must be nearby.. Should we slow to sneak up on them?” Horses were fast, right? Hard to catch? Unless one was seriously sick or old.

Arrow might know what to do. She was catching up, and the youngest wolf waited for her with an expectant expression. Show him what to do, he’d do so eagerly, and to the best of his ability. Such was Tasuku’s way- to be helpful, as needed.

And then of course to tell you where to go if you pissed him off.

So far, neither were doing so, yet.. (mental glare at Bragi).. Therefore, he was going to do his damned best to get them all a meal.


Dec 05, 2016 03:41 PM — Post #7

  [ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
82324
Arrow is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Arrow Savage Sage
 

Arrow didn’t miss Bragi’s glance back at her, and she figured that if he could individually pick out her scent then the horses wouldn’t have a problem. Ah well. She still didn’t want to roll in horse shit.  ” You and Bragi will. You both need to sneak ahead of them on opposite sides of the herd. I’ll run them towards the pair of you. Then we’ll pick out and isolate a weak one to take it down.” Arrow explained, well aware that Bragi would hear her direction..she wasn’t so far back that he wouldn’t..and it would work better.

Besides…it was their best bet. There would be a weak spot in the herd..there always was after winter.


Dec 06, 2016 12:03 AM — Post #8

  [ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
82462
Bragi is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Bragi Þórbjörn Zoi
 

If Bragi would have known that he was getting mental explosion looks, he would have lifted his tail and shown them the prettier side of the moon. Arrow would have been an unfortunate consequence. Thankfully, he was oblivious, and it was clear as he moved about, he was aware of the grounds. It was a truth that stuck on his tongue.

It was not a world of curiosity, and head tipped back. The subtle note seemed to slow him down, offering his paws the spread lightly as he finally came to a stop. Dark eyes swept back, and the truth seemed to stick with him.

Harrowing journey of a sing song slick with desperation,” The agreement bubbled off his tongue easily enough, head tipping. It was his way of agreeing, before he turned again and kept creeping forward - unwilling to stop completely. It would have been unwise. A larger chance of spooking the unsuspecting lunchmates.


Dec 06, 2016 06:31 PM — Post #9

  [ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
82817
Tasuku is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Tasuku Atari
 

Go with Bragi. Split on either side of the herd, in front. Pick out the weak one.

Don’t fuck up.

Yes, he could that, Tasuku was able to do that. He chanted I can do this in his head, letting it become a mantra, giving Arrow a terse nod. He hurried after the large-eared male, breath coming in soft puffs as paw-steps were muffled in the grass, tail kept low lest it be mistaken for a danger-flag by the herd.

Closer now, and he split off from Bragi’s path, circling to the other side, and eyeing the massive creatures with slight awe. Were any sick? They all looked brutal, and he didn’t want to think what one of those stone-feet could do to his head. Right, don’t fuck up.

Slinking forward in the grass, he was now ahead of the group just slightly, as instructed. He lifted his head up, and could see Bragi’s large ears sticking out of the hills across the way, evenly spaced from him.

Perfect, now to wait for Arrow’s charge.


Dec 08, 2016 01:27 PM — Post #10

  [ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
83084
Arrow is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Arrow Savage Sage
 

Arrow remained still, crouching low as the males split to either side of the herd. Thankfully, niether of them had tried to argue with her or change the simple plan. If they had..well…everything might have gone to hell, as arguing wolves were not the most quiet of beings.

They were ready. Suddenly bounding towards the herd, Arrow loosed a hunting cry, her howl carrying long and far. Scare tactics. They would run, and then reveal their weakness.


Dec 09, 2016 01:15 PM — Post #11

  [ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
83154
Bragi is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Bragi Þórbjörn Zoi
 

Bragi would likely have many words to say… after eating. If they caught something. It was always that sticky little reminder that the likelihood of him downing a meal at any hunt was slim, simply by the laws of nature. Headache inducing, if you asked him.

But he sunk low, and he waited. Finding the herd moving restlessly, sensing danger but not being able to locate it. His better success was in the autumn, when the grasses were high and closer to his shade. The deadened grass was lower, giving away hints if he did not more carefully keep to his advantage.

The cry went up, and he watched them start. The younger, powerhouses thundering toward the pair of boys…

Don’t pee, don’t pee…


Dec 09, 2016 08:29 PM — Post #12

  [ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
83261
Tasuku is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Tasuku Atari
 

Arrow howled, and he lifted his head a fraction out of the grass, wanting to see her charge. For such a small female, she certainly wasn’t fearful, and he quirked a grin, only to let out a soft yelp of panic as the horses began to thunder towards Bragi and himself.

That was way more fucking terrifying than he’d pictured, holy shit!

Swallowing hard, he dug his feet firmly into the mud, and braced himself. The ground shook, he felt the breeze of the creatures running by, and then it was over, and he could breathe.

What? Were they all gone?

Nope. One was lagging behind, with a limp, and on instinct Tasuku bolted up and sprinted after it. Bragi would follow, hopefully.


Dec 10, 2016 04:25 PM — Post #13

  [ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
83270
Arrow is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Arrow Savage Sage
 

Arrow was good at running, so chasing after the horses was easy. The first rush was a nice sprint, but after that they slowed to a more manageable speed. She didn’t quit her howling though, it served to help drive the main herd…..prey felt fear too after all..and they feared predators.

Then, she spotted it..well, she saw Tasuku spot it. A mare with a limp…there wasn’t a significant distance between the herd and the mare yet, but given a couple more minutes there would be plenty. Hopefully though, Tasuku would help drive the mare away from the herd’s direction of travel.


Dec 10, 2016 05:01 PM — Post #14

  [ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
83461
Bragi is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Bragi Þórbjörn Zoi
 

Speed was never concerning in the moment, and ears swung back against his head. The energy that was missing within, it was a question that seemed to burn up. As the horses thundered by, his tail flicked.

Yes, claws dug the ground and he swung himself, flinging grass as he went. It was cold and it was sharp and worth questioning, shoulders rolling as he lunged across the grounds.

The mare was pretty enough, and it was a sweet notion. They were going to have to run it down, but it would lose momentum. It would be easy. Take the good legs, leave the bad one as the prop.

As he raced forward, he was determined to drive off the other females that the mare bumped herself with for safety; knowing that the more isolated, the more likely to spook.


Dec 11, 2016 06:20 PM — Post #15

  [ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
Showing page 1 of 2.
1
 
Please log in or register to reply to this thread.