Roleplay Forums | Map

Two in Tow
[continuation] w/ Ahi and Makoa | Late morning | Full Spring

5715
Astrid is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Astrid Holt Fao Staff
 

Astrid was hardly going to make it. But when the cove came into view, she felt enough lightness to propel her the last few hundred yards. And as she rounded through the rocks and past the fresh water fall that trickled off the cliffs overhead, she felt relief that she had not entirely anticipated.

Home. Actually felt like home, too.

And with that, she looked back to her two companions to make sure they were still there, before she went over to a rock further back into he cave, and placed her bundle of yarrow and rosemary atop a rock where they would stay clean and safe, at least for now.  Then she collapsed to sitting, panting, eyes unfocused.

Hopefully they would get the hint that this was the home of the Tribe without her having to say it. She felt done. Put a fork in her.


Dec 09, 2016 12:53 PM

  [ ignore ]
83141

Scarce

Name Player
Yuna Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
helper
 

Yuna and Tidus had reached the coast.

Several days back, they had found the water where the river ran into the ocean, and camped out for a few days there. Yuna, usually so reserved, had run and dug in the sand and played with her mate, glad of the excuse to put off meeting other wolves a bit longer. Having grown up on an island, swimming was the one physical activity she really excelled at. Though Tidus had complained the water was too cold for swimming she’d teased him and cajoled him and one occasion ambushed him playfully and dragged him into the water.

Now, as they traveled north of the river, sticking to the beach for the most part, they were approaching the Hidden Cove. Yuna suddenly stopped, sniffing the air. Beaches were hard to scent-mark, but she could have sworn a pile of rocks above the tideline had scent-markers… and what’s more…

“Tidus.” She called, anxiety evident in her voice. “I think there’s a pack near here. I can smell their scents, and freshly gathered herbs.” Nerves fluffed her tail up like a bottlebrush. She had known that eventually they’d meet other wolves… but that didn’t dispel her fears. 


((Not in sight of the caverns yet, but within earshot, especially if Tidus is in a noisy mood!))


Dec 09, 2016 06:52 PM — Post #1

  [ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
83144
Tidus is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Tidus Nami Loveboxer
 

Tidus loved it here. The coast was beautiful, and he could race the wind and the waves to his hearts content.

Even if he didn’t swim too much

But, whenever the scent of other wolves hit his nostrils as Yuna spoke, his chatter tapered off and he quietly shoved himself in front of Yuna, ears pinning back

Hopefully they won’t notice us

Packs could be very protective of their pack grounds


Dec 09, 2016 07:09 PM — Post #2

  [ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
[ Edited: Dec 09, 2016 07:14 PM by Tidus ]
83169
Makoa is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Makoa Koena Rem
 

Makoa followed a few loose steps behind the silver female, she was mostly silent in the time being. Soon, it seemed as if they nearly crossed a barrier as the spring oder of pack markers made themselves well known. Koa’s muzzle wrinkled in distaste at the strong auroma - but he’d have to deal with it. As they entered a waterfalls path, he never let his eyes leave the girl. She seemed… off.

As his pale blue eyes looked around, he observed the structure the cavern offered. Useful and quite well for a pack - he supposed. But his attention shifted back to the yearling. She fell harshly into what appeared to be a much needed sit. She panted and looked dreadfully awful.

Makoa made an odd noise to hismelf, his head rising and cocking in curiosity. He was never much of a socializer - but a curious little thing, yes indeed. The timber tones male padded cautiously closer, his movements nuetral as he gravitated nearer. “Are you alright?” his voice was bland but he at least tried to sound interested in the answer


Dec 10, 2016 12:43 AM — Post #3

  [ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
83188
Ahi is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Ahi Sierra
 

They had followed the girl in silence, for they had herbs within their mouth that warrant very little of it. They didnt mind not speaking aloud however, for together they could keep conversation within their thoughts. It was easier that way, this way no one could get between them.

As they reached a small cavern, they mimiced Astrid in placing the herb down, before stepping back to look at the panting female.

The male whom had traveled with her asked what they would have, and so they did not bother commenting. An answer would be given eventually, there was no need to ask any further or pry, instead they just stared at the girl. Waiting. Watching.


Dec 10, 2016 09:29 AM — Post #4

  [ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
83620
Astrid is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Astrid Holt Fao Staff
 

“I’ll be alright,” she said to them, kinda touched by their concern.  They didn’t know her, and they could have pretty easily taken advantage of the fact that she was clearly wilting, but they didn’t. The one… whatever his name was.. she’d forgotten, even went so far as to ask instead of just hovering over her.

“I just need ta… lay down…”  She slipped further, onto her belly. “Haven’t slept in a bit. I should call… Pace.”  Oh boy, now that she’d stopped she as almost so unbearably tired that she felt woozy.

“Paaaace! Vincent! Anyone!” she called, using what was left of her flagging energy.  “We… have company!”

Okay, she wasn’t sure that was actually loud at all, but hopefully someone was around that would hop to the sound of her voice and the scents of strangers.

She put her head down, struggling to keep her eyes open for even a second longer.

|Soft Fade for Astrid ((She will be skippable unless I throw her back into the mix!  I will probably throw Pace in unless we get another Tribe-wolf in here to heed her hollering soon! Until then, carry on!))


Dec 12, 2016 02:52 PM — Post #5

  [ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
83797

Scarce

Name Player
Yuna Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
helper
 

Yuna shifted from paw to paw, sand scuffing under her claws. She pressed her head momentarily into the salt-speckled warmth of Tidus’s flank, taking comfort from him and the way he’d immediately moved in front of her. She knew, if she suggested t - if he knew how scared she was - he’d take her away.

But… she couldn’t keep running. Not all her life. Not now she had Tidus to think about - their future to consider. “Maybe… if we’re going to find a home here… we ought to see what they’re like.” She suggested timidly, ears low, tail tucked uncomfortably under her. “I mean… some of them must be nice, right?”


Dec 13, 2016 05:46 AM — Post #6

  [ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
83817
Vaska is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Vaska Kori
 

Vaska was here for once, snoozing a little deeper in the cave. She was curled tightly, tail over her nose to keep it warm. Turns out the rythm of the ocean was maybe a bit too calming.

The sound of strangers nearby made her wake almost inmediately however. She uncurled a little and raised her head, ears titled forward as she listened to the voices carefully. It sounded like Astrid and that grumpy guy she’d met before. What did he want?

At Astrid’s call, Vaska rose to her feet, walking over to meet her and the strangers. Only to find Astrid passed out and the grumpy guy being concerned about it. Oh so now he had an emotion other than being an angry butt.

Still, she was her polite self and decided against harping on the guy. She could be mad about it later.

“Hello! What brings you guys here?” she asked as she approached.


Dec 13, 2016 10:06 AM — Post #7

  [ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
83846
Tidus is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Tidus Nami Loveboxer
 

Tidus’s ears turned back to listen to his mate, before he nodded. He couldn’t help but be suspicious, ears flicking as he took in a deep breath

Let’s just peer around a bit. If they notice us, we can be civil and leave if we have to ” He woofed, before slowly starting forwards, body lowered to the sand


Dec 13, 2016 11:31 AM — Post #8

  [ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
83924
Makoa is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Makoa Koena Rem
 

The silver yearling called for several names, each one getting more distant with her closing eyes. Makoa cocked his head as she fell fast asleep, she must’ve been exhausted to fall asleep around strangers.

His attention shifted to a new scent entering the cave with a pair of foot steps. It was new, but it wasn’t. Koa’s pale blue eyes landed on a face he forgot about. The female that he came off poorly to earlier on in his coastal visit. “Ah. Hello again.” he still wasn’t eager with his words and didn’t show any emotions through expressions. “I’m sorry for our earlier conversation a few days ago, but I’ve grown interested to view the pack here, I know the water well and wish to see the pack here that claims to as well,” he was blunt with why he was here.

Whether he would join or travel was still up in the air.


Dec 13, 2016 04:16 PM — Post #9

  [ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
83936
Ahi is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Ahi Sierra
 

Astrid was saying she was fine, before she finally closed her eyes and drifted off to sleep. They looked over as another wolf made their appearance, this time seeming to know the indifferent male that stood in here with them.

They had nothing to really contribute to the conversation and so they remained quite looking between all of the wolves that were not making their appearance within the caves.


Dec 13, 2016 05:14 PM — Post #10

  [ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
83944

Scarce

Name Player
Yuna Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
helper
 

“Okay.” Murmured Yuna, cautiously creeping after her mate. It was impossible not to make noise when one walked in sand, but she did her best, setting each paw down lightly. They were drawing closer to the caverns, around where the tiny waterfall played down over the rocks. Though the sight was a pretty one, the continued tension of approaching strange wolves made her fur fluff out, her tail low and still behind her.

“He… hello?” She called, nervousness evident in her voice. If so much as one set of teeth showed, she’d be in flight.


Dec 13, 2016 05:33 PM — Post #11

  [ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
84014
Vaska is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Vaska Kori
 

hey boxer next round you can post after yuna/chris instead of waiting for me ^^

Oh so the guy did talk? Well, maybe she could calm down a little about him showing up, then. He was even apologizing. Maybe he’d just had a bad day, even she had those on occasion. Though it wasn’t in her nature to pass up a conversation the same way he had, even if she was grumpy.

Her posture relaxed; her tail wagged slightly. It was hard to hide her enthusiasm at the idea of new members to this pack… or family, as she’d rather see it. The excitement that she held back was betrayed by the shine in her eyes.

“I don’t know if I’d call us a pack, really, I mean we have territory and none of us have ties to any pack but… okay,” she paused for a second, to stop herself from rambling, “we’re more of a group of friends.. family, even.”

Yeah. That sounded about right.. and well, she liked calling it a family.

“I don’t want to speak for everyone but we’re pretty lax about borders and open to new faces. We catch most of our food from the ocean. It’s uh… peaceful, here.” Of course, she didn’t eat fish, but why complicate the explanation?

Then her ears perked at the sound of new voices near the entrance. How exciting! Maybe too exciting for her, as her body began to shake slightly in tune with her tail.

“Hey! Come on in, don’t be shy!” she called.

She was very happy about this open borders thing, there were so many new wolves!


Dec 13, 2016 10:26 PM — Post #12

  [ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
84067
Tidus is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Tidus Nami Loveboxer
 

Gotcha!

Tidus crept up beside Yuna, listening to someone call them into the caves. He lightly attempted to push himself in front of Yuna, ears swiveling as he dipped his head to those assembled

H-Hello… ” He shuffled his feet, looking towards the one who had called out to himself and his mate


Dec 14, 2016 11:19 AM — Post #13

  [ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
84397
Makoa is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Makoa Koena Rem
 

Makoa listened to the female speak, she seemed to nearly light up while speaking of her home. But time to time he would find hismelf looking down to the silver yearling. They seemed so different from one another, then again the yearling was exhausted.

His ears flicked as more voices entered the scene. Clearly unknown to all parties. He remeained silent so they duo could introduce themselves and get aquatinted as well.


Dec 15, 2016 02:11 PM — Post #14

  [ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
84549
Ahi is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Ahi Sierra
 

Many wolves were filtering in, and it would be a lie to say that they were comfortable among them. It woukd be the first time that they were with more than three wolves in their life time, and it was quite unsettling to see so many unfamiliar faces and smell so many different scents.

Light colored paws shifted slightly, as multi colored eyes shifted between all of the wolves present. They remained blank faced, but their heart beat frantically within their chest. It was time they leave brother claimed, and so they would… Only there were wolves within the entrance, and so they could not make a quite exit.

“Now that the herbs have been delivered, it is time we make our leave.” The murmered, making a step towards the entrance to show their intentions.


Dec 16, 2016 11:07 AM — Post #15

  [ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
Showing page 1 of 2.
1
 
Please log in or register to reply to this thread.