Roleplay Forums | Map

Mission Possible?
[continuation] AW, With Bucky, following Butterfly

5782
Bohemian is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Bohemian Yahn Jut Jut
 

Bohemian had been walking for what felt like days, stopping only to rest when he felt he could go no longer. After what seemed like forever, he finally stepped foot onto the sands of the coast and breathed out a sigh of relief. Looking over to Bucky, Bo smiled a bit more normally than he had in days. “Well, we made it. Think we should call out for someone or just start looking? Gotta be a lot of ground to cover…but what are the chances we’ll find someone nearby who can answer our questions?”

Moving closer to the sea, Bo stepped in slightly and almost instantly relaxed, the cool salt water rushing up over his legs and paws. Sitting down on his haunches, he looked up and down the coast before turning back to Bucky, curious what the other male thought.


Dec 14, 2016 11:21 PM

  [ ignore ]
84297
Name Player
Bucky Rangers Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
1year 2mos 6mos 100ooc 100posts 250posts 500ooc 500posts 1000posts helper lonelythreads otm plotreporter profile welcomeguide
 

Bucky had realized something, these past few days traveling with Bohemian. He missed company. At any point in time it was a given that he missed Nomad specifically, that was just… a fact, like the sun coming up in the morning. But Bucky had never given a thought to company as a general concept until he and Bo joined forces. Hunting was easier, and nobody had hassled them - it had been an uneventful trip to the coast, Bucky leaving scent-marks behind the whole way - not to mention a liberal trail of shedded hair, and he was finally looking a bit less straggly as his summer coat came through.

He watched Bo’s obvious relief with an unexpected pang of guilt. Maybe he’d pushed the pace too much, anxious to get to the coast, certain that somehow Nomad would be standing on the shoreline waiting for him.

Which, obviously, he wasn’t. Bucky’s forepaws came to a halt on a rock protruding out above the water, toes splayed to balance on the uneven, wave-splashed surface. A glance down the beach in either direction revealed nothing. No missing best friend. Bucky frowned, his ears pulling back. Belatedly, he realized Bo had spoken to him and dug his claws into the surface of the rock until they scraped uncomfortably. “Let’s find out.”

His jaws parted and he let out a single-note howl. Considering his deep, sometimes gravelly voice his howl was almost musical, but it was hard to stop it coming out all heartbroken. 

((Man, that is so weird! If I had made their next thread I was going to go with ‘Two Men on a Mission’!)) 


Dec 15, 2016 04:35 AM — Post #1

  [ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
84323
Bragi is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Bragi Þórbjörn Zoi
 

Bragi was coming back from his adventure with angels, pine nuts and various other things. Successful was just in his nature, especially with the few extra prayers added in. While it was no wonder that he proved himself to be nothing more than a fool often enough, he was well intentioned.

And incredibly arrogant, because you know, he had caught a giganticus fox that was surely going to make everyone else’s jaw drop and hopelessly enamor him to both beauty and the beau of his new home. A home - who’d have thunk it? The Tribe was his to call his home, and now he had to start looking at doing things that were… well, you know, more pack-like.

But this was not a gift for the pack, it was simply a gift for the woman who had welcomed him. Still his heart was all aflutter, abreast the reality that he had been given such a treasure. The mournfulness of the loud wolves who were looking for answers drew him, forcing him to alter his course just slightly.

Perhaps he would be helpful! Perhaps he would leave them with headaches; wasn’t there fun in wondering what the answer would be? The half smile seemed to sit with him, careful not to release his fox as he headed toward the pair - making a faint chuffing noise of recognition as he moved down along the beach.


Dec 15, 2016 10:10 AM — Post #2

  [ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
84371
Astrid is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Astrid Holt Fao Staff
 

Her head hurt.

It kinda had, ever since her run-in with Cree. And that had been a while ago.  She wasn’t sure what caused it. Stress. Maybe. Or perhaps the way the sunlight glared off of the water and the sand all the time.  No shade out here. She’d grown up in a dark forest, and now it was all sunlight, all the time.

On mornings where it was worse she’d eat a little yarrow, wondering if that would help. It seemed to. Sorta.  Maybe it was just her imagination, though. She had no clue if yarrow worked like that, and she didn’t want to take too much, because the more she took, the sooner she’d need to go collecting again.

Astrid just didn’t feel like she could win for losing lately.

So she sat further down the beach, and when she heard the howl, she winced. Not a familiar voice…

Grumbling softly to herself, she declined to howl back, figuring that it would just make her more irritable if she bounced sound around inside her own aching skull, and she started slowly up that way, not yet in view of any of them.


Dec 15, 2016 12:46 PM — Post #3

  [ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
84432
Bohemian is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Bohemian Yahn Jut Jut
 

Bo sat there as Bucky closed the gap between them and listened to the other male howl. For a moment, he just sat there, not bothering with a call of his own, but soon thought better of it. Perhaps, hearing his call, if his family was around they’d be more apt to come find him. Or give him some kind of sign at the very least.

Lifting his muzzle to the sky, Bohemian let out his own howl, a loud and deep sound floating along the vast emptiness around them. A shorter bark followed his howl before he settled down again and began digging his toes into the sand a bit. “Well, I guess now we wait. And if nobody shows up, we can pick a direction and begin heading that way. North leads back towards the forest I used to live in…South towards the mountains. Any preference?”

Smiling softly, Bo opted to roll over onto his back and roll around in the little water and sand underneath him instead, simply because it sounded nice.


Dec 15, 2016 03:30 PM — Post #4

  [ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
84465
Name Player
Bucky Rangers Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
1year 2mos 6mos 100ooc 100posts 250posts 500ooc 500posts 1000posts helper lonelythreads otm plotreporter profile welcomeguide
 

Bucky considered this, head tilting briefly to one side. “The mountains first, I think.” He said at length, though he wondered if Bo might want to travel back to his birthplace. His fur itched uncomfortably at the notion of knowing where you was born. He hadn’t the faintest idea. “There’s a pack up there - I don’t know where, exactly, but somewhere in the mountains.” Oh yeah. That sounded like he knew where he was going. 

“You’re going to freeze your tail off.” Bucky grumbled as Bo flopped around like some sort of massive fluffy seal, throwing water up. Then is eye was caught by the flapping, white-tipped tail of the fox, and shortly after he made out Bragi’s cream and gold fur holding the fox. He’d never seen a wolf that colour, but he supposed it was useful camouflage to one who lived on the coast. “Bo, there’s somebody coming.” He warned, bounding down off the rock and moving above the wash of the waves. He sniffed the air carefully - scents were harder on the beach because there tended to be a headwind that blew off the water, but living most of his life on the coast Bucky was used to it. “Two someones.. maybe.”


Dec 15, 2016 07:05 PM — Post #5

  [ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
84467
Bragi is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Bragi Þórbjörn Zoi
 

Bragi’s tail was already high in the air by the time he saw them, but he protectively squeezed his prize for the Halcyon. Far be it for him to ever imagine having it stolen by two rascally marauders! That would never do, and it would shame him for the effort he had made.

But his eyes warmed, receptive as ever of a company. It was always the first exchange that either set him off on a good foot or a bad one, and he opted to be the best Friend he could be. After all, it would be rude to call this place home, then make a mess of it.

Grunting lightly, his tail flicked as he enclosed on the pair, pausing some feet away to drop his fox. Ever so tentatively, he raised his head, licking his lips as he comfortably enclosed on the pair. They looked rather wary, for travelers, and he comprehended the situation without needing to ask.

But, to the one rolling about on the ground, he found himself unable to suppress his primary instinct with; “Deviant manner of attaining a sea snake, young warrior.” Not that he looked particularly young - but boys liked to be told they looked young, right? That was a thing?

Grinning proudly, he straightened his posture, “Hark! Good days have fallen upon the two of you, for the Friend is nye!” He was here to help, and do stuff… well no, not stuff. Duties. Depended what they were, though. He wasn’t catching any fish for them. All the fish in the sea belonged to the Halcyon, Beau, and friends. That was the rules. No one broke the rules.


Dec 15, 2016 07:14 PM — Post #6

  [ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
85116
Astrid is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Astrid Holt Fao Staff
 

((Ultra sorry about the wait. It was one of those weekends…))

Something made her hurry.

Astrid recognized that second howl.

She wasn’t quite sure why, and she couldn’t place it, but that didn’t change the fact that she knew it. She hastened along until she turned a small curve and saw past a slight dune and saw, not too far distant, three wolves.

One, two, she didn’t know. Three, though…

Familiar. 

Her nape prickled, and she kept moving forward, her headache growing.


Dec 20, 2016 12:32 PM — Post #7

  [ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
Showing page 1 of 1.
 
Please log in or register to reply to this thread.