Roleplay Forums | Map

At the tide line
Sundown Coast | End of Late Spring | Midday | Fine out, a few clouds, nothing major |

Scarce

Name Player
Yuna Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
helper

Yuna wasn’t at all upset to hang around the coast. Tidus was with her, Pace had healthy puppies, and the Tribe was interested in having her train Astrid. She had no idea that life could be like this. The sea was calm, the tide high, as she meandered. This was her favourite place in the world, and she padded happily along the tide line while the seabreeze played in her creamy fur, head lowered so she could look for pretty shells. She sniffed at a nice dark red one when a splash caught her attention. 

She thought at first it was just a fish jumping, but then her ears shot up at the sound of a strange, distant creaking sound, a rapid-fire clicking. Immediately she dashed to the water, paws splashing, standing up as tall as she could as she gazed out over the water. She knew what was out there, and sure enough a curved dorsal fin broke the surface some way away, followed by another and another as they bobbed up and down through the waves. Yuna’s face burst into a big, wide smile.

“Dolphins!“She exclaimed, tail wagging in delight. 

Jan 16, 2017 09:44 PM

[ ignore ]
Beauregard is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Beauregard Drew

Beauregard never much liked the sea.

It was unkind to his coat, clumping together individual, lovely strands into thick ruffles of salt stuck fur. But the breeze was nice, even if it stank, and the sand massaged his tender toesies.

The elite and his peasants were lovely company, but he needed a stroll from time to time. New faces, new smells. New drama.

He moved comfortably through the sand, taking more note of the terrain now than he did while trapped in the rainstorm with the handsome bear. And standing alone, postured like a giddy pup, was a female. Pretty enough from behind, he heard her exclaim a word he hadn’t heard in a very long time.

They’ve been known to swim up and take wolves, you know,” he called, a lazy smile in his voice and on his face.

Jan 18, 2017 04:37 PM — Post #1

[ permalink ]   [ ignore ]

Scarce

Name Player
Yuna Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
helper

Yuna was growing a little more confident meeting new faces after everybody here had been so welcoming. She was still a bit nervous though, licking her lips in minor anxiety, but as the male drew closer and noticed he was friendly in his expression and posture, she reminded herself that her mate and probably the entire Tribe were only a call away. She simply could not hide away from her own kind forever.

And so she smiled a little at him over her shoulder as he approached, only a touch forced. His words though, inspired surprise. “Oh you great fibber!” She exclaimed before she could quite think about what she was saying.

Jan 18, 2017 09:26 PM — Post #2

Name Player
Beauregard Drew

As the female turned away from her fish friend to offer him some semblance of a smile, and then words he found delightful, he stopped his walk to bow his head slightly.

Madam, I wouldn’t dare tell such a dreadful fib,” he said, then lifted his gaze with a playful glint in his eyes. She was undeniably a bit plain, but her face was-

His head tilted slightly as he took a few steps closer, but kept a respectful distance for now.

Pardon my stare, but do I see one eye of the trees and one eye of the sky?

It was delightfully exotic, even if it somewhat offended his desire for them to match.

Jan 18, 2017 09:34 PM — Post #3

Scarce

Name Player
Yuna Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
helper

He gave her her space and she was glad for it - she needed time and her own space to get to know knew faces, to figure out the puzzle of their motivations. He looked like an overgrown puppy gazing at her mischievously, though she suspected he was somewhat older than she was, gazing at him with her healer’s perspective - the slight lack of tone in his hindlegs, the fur not as flat as a young wolf.

“I ought to give you a lesson on dolphins. My old pack used to tell many legends of them.” The elder wolf who had trained her, in particular, had been fascinated by dolphins, and Yuna had grown up on those stories. 

But, at his bringing up of her eyes, her entire expression fell no matter how hard she willed it not to. She knew it - her eyes were always going to set her apart from other wolves. Her body hunched in on itself a bit, as if she wanted to disappear right into the sand. “Yes…” She murmured, tone of voice clearly upset.    .

Jan 18, 2017 10:10 PM — Post #4

Name Player
Beauregard Drew

Ah, her old pack. So many old packs. He yearned immediately to know why it was an old pack and not her current one.

You’re not the only wolf who knows legends, miss,” he coaxed, but let it settle for now. Because she was sinking, crumpling like a sun starved flower as he commented on her eyes. Touchy, touchy.

I didn’t mean to offend,” he said, taking half a step forward, letting his head droop some as she did.

You know they say eyes are the openings to the soul,” he began, soft and thoughtful. “But I’m fairly sure they’re just little blobs that let you see.

Jan 18, 2017 10:20 PM — Post #5

Scarce

Name Player
Yuna Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
helper

She backed up half the step for his forward half, hindpaws in the surf, uncertainty all over what of her face was visible to Beau with it tucked into her chest. She didn’t flinch as the waves played with her tailtip. She was considering diving right in and swimming away, she was so mortified by the mention of her eyes.

He looked genuinely sorry, but although she murmured a soft “It’s fine.” Yuna couldn’t move on from it, and though she recognized that he was going for a joke (thanks to Tidus and his endless strings of them) the smile she attempted was a rather watery attempt. She wished she could think of a joke back, but having had so little experience with them, absolutely nothing came to mind. 

She wished he would just leave her to her dolphins.

Jan 18, 2017 10:26 PM — Post #6

Name Player
Beauregard Drew

A fragile thing, this one was. To get so hung up on something so utterly inconsequential as her eyes as bizarre. He took a step back, and then another, wondering if she’d drown herself if he advanced far enough.

Is it, though?” he pondered, one eyebrow lifting. “It is unwise to tell others you’re fine when you’re not. Teaches them to walk all over you.

He reclined a few further steps back, disliking any rush of water on his paws, and sat.

Tell me your name, dear. Mine is Beaureagard.

Jan 18, 2017 11:04 PM — Post #7

Scarce

Name Player
Yuna Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
helper

She stopped reversing when he retreated back past his original distance before sitting down, feeling better about the situation. If not at his words. Who was this wolf, to approach a stranger and tell them off for their own feelings? Her lips held together firmly and ears swiveled to face the ocean, and she desperately wished she was the type of wolf who could tell him off. Tidus would have. Tidus would have told him to go jump in the ocean and let the dolphins carry him off since he was so worried about that, and she felt the tiniest bit better at that thought, even if she never would have been able to actually say that to him.

“My name is Yuna…” She took a deep breath. Come on. Say it! Mean it! “...Not dear!”

VICTORY.

Jan 18, 2017 11:16 PM — Post #8

Name Player
Beauregard Drew

It was an unexpected turn of events, and Beauregard burst into delighted laughter. It was, sincerely, not a meanspirited thing. He rose to his paws, giving a joyful spin.

Oh ho!” he cried, utterly tickled by the sharp switch in her demeanor. “Yuna the Fierce! Yuna of the Dolphins! Yuna of the Tides!

He settled back on to his handsome rump, eyes narrowed in a smile that played more there than on his lips. Beauregard sought not to mock her, but to cheer her on. There were too many meek wolves in the world. No one loved a clam.

Jan 18, 2017 11:27 PM — Post #9

Scarce

Name Player
Yuna Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
helper

Well all of that was better than dear. Yuna let out a breath she wasn’t aware she’d been holding. She’d been worried he was going to turn on her with a snap of his teeth, and she’d been fully prepared to scream Tidus’s name as loudly as she could if he did so. But it turned out he thankfully had little in the way of a temper.

She didn’t sit when he did again after his puppy-like spin, well, he certainly didn’t act his age, if she was right in her guess, and she suspected after his little lecture she was. A wave washed around her paws - the tide was coming in - but she was entirely comfortable up to her hocks in the water.

A step bolder than before, she replied in her soft voice. “Sir, if my name were as much of a mouthful as Beaureagard, I wouldn’t be quite so quick to poke fun at the names of others.”

Ha. Take that!

Jan 18, 2017 11:34 PM — Post #10

Name Player
Beauregard Drew

Oh, she was pretty and as dumb as the sand between their toes. He laughed, but it was a noise less pleasant than before.

It is an exotic trip on the tongue, I admit. If it twists yours into knots, you can call me Beau.

Yuna was a plain and coarse name, and he was thankful his own parents did better than a few slurred syllables when he was born. Not all wolves were born as lucky, and he felt a twinge of pity for her. She clearly had some insecurities to work out.

Is there a reason you assume I am teasing you, Yuna of the Salt?

Jan 18, 2017 11:40 PM — Post #11

Scarce

Name Player
Yuna Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
helper

She felt stronger with the ocean at her back. It has been as a friend to her when she had none, and a lot better company than this odd old wolf. There was an insult there in the remark about his name, and she stubbornly set her ears back as she held his gaze. Not to be fooled though - if he pressed, she would flee. She was already plotting how long it would take her to get to a large, nearby boulder which she had previously climbed, the sides steep enough there was only a single path up.

“What makes you think we are so familiar that I would call you by any name, sir?” She insisted on the generic title rather than the nickname he had given her. “I should ask you what bushiness you have in the Tribe’s territory? Since you aren’t a member.” He wasn’t technically in Tribe territory either, but she thought it might make him a bit less cocky if he knew there was a pack nearby. 

Of the fact he was not a member she was certain, because though she had yet to meet them all she had familiarized herself with every scent around the cove, and her nose didn’t lie to her.

Jan 18, 2017 11:50 PM — Post #12

Name Player
Beauregard Drew

Oh, my.

Are you trying to impress someone?” he asked, looking to her and then looking around as though someone else might be watching. She was not a very intelligent little thing. Sir was a term of respect, and Beauregard a wolf worth respect.

He found the question of a pack irrelevant. The ocean wiped clean the beach every day and night. Any pack stupid enough to piss on sand and hope it stuck simply wasn’t a threat.

Perhaps it was fitting that Yuna the Unwise was part of that group, then. Warming themselves with urine in the ocean in hopes it made it theirs.

Jan 19, 2017 07:29 AM — Post #13

Scarce

Name Player
Yuna Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
helper

Yuna tilted her head to one side. She was worried, and trying not to let it show, though her tail was tucking under her body without her quite realizing. “Are you? Isn’t that why you came over here with your claims about wolf-eating dolphins?” She asked, wishing she sounded bolder, and that there wasn’t a tremble in her voice. Maybe he hadn’t noticed?

“You didn’t answer my question…” Don’t let that sound like a question!

Jan 19, 2017 07:33 AM — Post #14

Name Player
Beauregard Drew

Her tail was tucking, and he wondered why she was fearful. Perhaps she’d been battered before. Beauregard had a sense that it had been well deserved. There was a deep frustration in stupidity, and assuming the worst in others and vocalizing those thoughts often drew the worst out.

I was starting a conversation. Dolphins don’t eat wolves, darling, no matter what your old pack told you.

He hadn’t claimed the fish ate the wolves. He simply hadn’t been asked to continue the story by the ungrateful little mongrel before him.

Alas, I smell no pack. Simply sand, and salt, and dead fish. The tides may be washing away your efforts.

The hilarious futility of trying to mark the beach nearly left him grinning.

Jan 19, 2017 07:43 AM — Post #15

Showing page 1 of 3.

Please log in or register to reply to this thread.