Roleplay Forums | Map

Family matters
Just North of Hidden Cove | Full Summer | Morning | Overcast | Howling for Tidus

Name Player
Sunfall Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
helper

Sunfall had made it to the beach.

This was not the carefree wolf who had playfully chased waves upon his last visit. This was a grimmer, obviously resolute Sunfall. Without a hint of a smile he leaped onto the land out of the trees and loped halfway down the beach, shoulders set, head high, one ear up and scanning. This was going to stop here.

“TIDUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUS!” He bellowed out, and seconds later he lifted his muzzle in a howl to punctuate.

Feb 20, 2017 04:33 PM

[ ignore ]
Tidus is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Tidus Nami Loveboxer

Tidus’s sharp footfalls hit the beach hard, his shoulders hunched. He hadn’t been the same. He was distant, easy to anger.

At the howl from down the beach, his name, he lifted his head

Sunfall….SUNFALL! ” He tore across the sands like a bat out of hell. He reared from the golden sands, thundering across them with all the grace of a bull elephant’s charge. He pulled up, eyes wild

Who did it. Who do I have to kill ” He sure as hell wasn’t letting his baby brother get hurt

Feb 20, 2017 04:42 PM — Post #1

[ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
Name Player
Sunfall Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
helper

Sunfall had never, NEVER been so happy to see anybody in his life. Panting a little, he reached out to put a paw on his brother’s shoulder. It really was a bit spooky, looking into Tidus’s face when it was so like his in shape and expressions.

“This guy - I met this guy, this crazy guy, and now he’s going around saying things about me. Filth and lies. And I know, I know, I bunnied out when we met and I bolted away from you but I didn’t know what family meant then because all my life, I’ve thought they were all assholes, until I met you. And this is not the sort of brotherly bonding experience I had in mind for us, but I need your help.” 

((Going to throw in Yuna ;) ))

Feb 20, 2017 04:55 PM — Post #2

Name Player
Yuna Nami Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
helper

Yuna approached from the opposite direction when she heard an unfamiliar wolf howling her mate’s name. And as she trotted closer, she saw Tidus standing with…

His twin. Well, not exactly. Because as Yuna got closer, she saw that he was sturdier in build. But there could be no doubt that he was related to Tidus. And did he… was that…

He had odd eyes..

She didn’t get any closer for now - she just held back, half hiding in the shadows of a rock, trying to process it all.

She understood in a flash when she heard Sunfall say ‘last time’. This was why Tidus had been so distant from her. He’d discovered he had a family, and of all wolves in the world Yuna knew what that would mean for him. While she was disappointed Tidus hadn’t come to her and talked about it, mostly she was just relieved to have a reason for his abnormally withdrawn behaviour.

Everything made sense now. But… what sort of trouble was this… brother, the stranger had said… brother, in?

Feb 20, 2017 04:57 PM — Post #3

Name Player
Tidus Nami Loveboxer

Tidus’s brows furrowed

Calm down Sunfall. Please, explain what’s going on. I need to tell my mate before I go anywhere ” Even if he had been the worst mate since meeting his estranged brother. He didn’t notice Yuna, hyperfocused on Sunfall

Feb 20, 2017 05:07 PM — Post #4

Name Player
Sunfall Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
helper

Sunfall huffed briefly. “Believe me, you would not be calm if you had the day I had yesterday.” He steadied himself, sat down in the sand and took a deep breath. This was important. He couldn’t screw this up. Like Tidus, he didn’t notice Yuna in the shadow of his rock - his whole world right now was his brother.

“This is going to sound bad. But Tidus, you’re my only family in the world. This guy, who I met for all of a few minutes and we only talked briefly, but now he’s going around to packs, and telling them I’m a r… ra… shit! He’s telling them that I… force girls. And I know you don’t know me all that well but you’re my brother, and somewhere in your heart you gotta believe that’s not the wolf that I am. There’s wolves you can talk to who believe me, there’s girls all round the valley that I’ve been a perfect gentleman to, but you’re all I have man, you HAVE to know that I’d never do that. Not to anybody. This asshole is trying to ruin my life and I don’t even know why!”

Feb 20, 2017 05:19 PM — Post #5

Name Player
Yuna Nami Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
helper

({Skip Yuna she is just listening in silently for now))

Feb 20, 2017 05:21 PM — Post #6

Name Player
Tidus Nami Loveboxer

SUNFALL! ” The large golden wolf snapped.

I can’t understand a word you are saying!  Please, talk slowly!” He said.

There’s some guy going around spreading rumors that you rape females?! ” He frowned

Do you have a name for him?!

Feb 20, 2017 05:27 PM — Post #7

Name Player
Sunfall Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
helper

He flinched back at the way Tidus snapped the word. Shit, he couldn’t even say it, not even when he’d been up in the range with Gen.

“He told me his name was Gregorie or something like that, but that’s not the name he gave to the Evergreen Wolves. He told them it was Beauregard. Please bro, you know I’m the one telling the truth here, right?” He pleaded.

Feb 20, 2017 05:43 PM — Post #8

Name Player
Yuna Nami Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
helper

Yuna stepped out from the rock. She tried to steel her nerves the way she had when she’d faced the Guild - the Union, now. This mattered more than her nervousness. This was far bigger than it, because she now knew there was something very, very wrong inside of Beauregard. He had no starlight within him - they couldn’t touch him. And in the darkness, he was being consumed by it. Bit by bit, he would grow more and more dangerous. Darker, and crueler, and it couldn’t continue. 

“We do believe you, for the stars have brought you here.” Yuna spoke quietly as she came to stand by her mate’s shoulder, reaching out to touch his cheek to let him know that she was here to support him. “Stay calm. Remember how I taught you to take deep calming breathes?” She whispered, pleading with him to keep a handle on it. She knew how he’d reacted when it was her who Beauregard had been hassling. She expected nothing less of the same now that his younger brother was having the same problem. She looked at Sunfall, into a pair of mismatched eyes that although they were different colours to her own, only reflected what she knew in her heart.

“I’m Tidus’s mate - Yuna. Beauregard was here, and I’m ashamed to say I fell for his stories, and he attempted to start a war between the Tribe, who we’ve been staying with here, and the pack in the Emerald Labyrinth in the forest just east of the beach. I went to speak with them, and they told me the only slight against him was that they forgot his name and he took offense.” She shot Tidus a guilty look at this. He did not know she’d gone - alone - into the forest. She hadn’t even found any of the Tribe to explain what had happened there yet, and in her heart worried about their absence even though she knew Pace and Vincent were busy with their family. But if they were never there for the Tribe, could it ever stay safe against threats like this? 

Yuna was afraid she knew the answer. It was up to them.

Feb 20, 2017 05:45 PM — Post #9

Name Player
Tidus Nami Loveboxer

Tidus was…quiet. Unnaturally quiet. His muscles had tightened, but he tried to keep a handle on the raging beast that was his rage. The other bachelors used to call him that. The Beast.

Then, Yuna was there, telling him to stay calm. He relaxed, even though blue eyes had turned stormy. He dipped his head to Yuna, acknowledging her story

What resources do you require ” Tidus asked, standing as tall as he could

Feb 20, 2017 06:53 PM — Post #10

Name Player
Sunfall Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
helper

Sunfall could have cried. He wasn’t gonna, because he was way too tough and manly for that, but if he wasn’t this would certainly be the sort of crying moment. Because Tidus believed him. Also, Tidus had an odd-eyed mate, and she as well had been take in by Beauregard, if that was the name he gave most often. Yuna said something about the stars bringing him and he was willing to thank the stars, the sun and the moon if he had his brother and his mate as allies now.

“You can’t know what it means to me to hear I’m not the only one.” He said to them both, his tail waving a few times. His eyes though, remained serious, lacking their usual jolly sparkle. This was not a time for levity. Sunfall had done a shitload of growing up in the past two days. Under Tidus’s stormcloud gaze, he stood taller, squaring his shoulders, drawing his head up proudly.

They were family. They’d handle this together.

“I need you both.” He said, simply, then he made up his min to explain what had happened at the Evergreens. “I met Rufus of the Evergreen wolves - really great guy. Except when we get back to his place in the forest and his mate came out and she was one of the ones Beauregard had been telling his web of lies to. He apparently some pretty disgusting things that I’m not going to voice in front of a lady-” A polite nod at Yuna, his head lowered deeply in a gesture of respect to her for having gone through what he had. “-But he apparently told Mari that I threatened </i>him</i>. Rufus and Mari only just believed me after I listed everybody in the valley who’ll tell them I was a decent guy. They let me go but I reckon if I hadn’t just spend several hours with Rufus getting to know him, they might have just called their pack and ripped me to shreds.” He took a shaky breath. He knew how narrow his escape had been.

“Mari said Beauregard headed south, that there’s a pack there called the Firewing Brotherhood. So here’s what I think; he’s clearly not a match for me, so he must figure, if he turns the local packs against me… if I attack him, unless I’m lucky enough to ambush him, he’ll just run for the closest pack and stick to his lies. That’s why I came here for you, Tidus. Look at you man—nobody could outrun you. I need you to come with me. I need to find out why he’s doing this. And I need to stop him doing it to anybody else.”

He didn’t take his eyes off Tidus during this speech. He thought that his older brother would understand - what he had to do. He just didn’t know how he would react. 

Feb 20, 2017 07:12 PM — Post #11

Name Player
Yuna Nami Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
helper

Yuna listened to Sunfall’s explanation. Like Tidus, he was intelligent, she decided, even though not many people believed that of her mate, she knew that he was capable of amazing things.

“Turning packs against one another is what he seems to be trying to do.” She put in quietly. “If the Evergreen wolves believe you, we can tell the Tribe here, and the Emerald Union would believe you as well since they were another of Beauregard’s victims - they knew the Evergreen, and your friend Rufus, too, so we can assume you name will be cleared well and truly there. The Union may also be on their way to the Idavoll Circle, though I don’t know where they are, so you may have more allies than you think. Beauregard has made enemies of many wolves - it may not be as easy as he thinks to escape from you.” 

About coming with him, Yuna said nothing, leaving that for Tidus to answer. But she already knew what Tidus was going to say to Sunfall, because she knew her mate. He couldn’t turn down adventure - and he would NEVER turn down family. She quietly put her muzzle up behind his ear, letting him know, wordlessly, that she was with him. Always, she was with him.

Feb 20, 2017 07:19 PM — Post #12

Name Player
Tidus Nami Loveboxer

Tidus nodded, quirking a sharp grin to his brother

Give me a day. Tops. Then, I’ll be with ya” Tidus nodded to Yuna, before he was racing over the sands

He had work to do

Exit~

Feb 22, 2017 07:49 AM — Post #13

Name Player
Yuna Nami Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
helper

Yuna flashed Sunfall a shy smile and fled after her mate - calling out as they ran, as he was quickly outpacing her.

“I’ll find Pace and tell her!”

((Exit…))

Feb 22, 2017 08:12 AM — Post #14

Showing page 1 of 1.

Please log in or register to reply to this thread.