Roleplay Forums | Map

Storm surge
Hidden Cove | Early Autumn | Morning | Raining, foggy, tide almost high

Scarce

Name Player
Yuna Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
helper

Yuna had intended to go fishing from her favourite tiny sheltered beach, but she had second thoughts when she saw the size of the waves. It was like being back on her islands, which had frequently been buffeted by storms. Wisely she kept her distance form the water’s edge and instead sat watching the magnificent cresting waves crashing into the sand and being hurled against the curve of rocks between her and open ocean. The time alone was good for her, she told herself, but it was certainly an odd feeling, loneliness when you were surrounded by an entire pack. Fur fluffed up against the rain, occasionally shivering a little because the temperature was much lower now than it had been during summer shows, she simply watched the water. Even in a storm surge,

So lost in her thoughts was Yuna she didn’t notice the incoming tide until she realized she would no longer be able to walk back to the caverns the way she’d come, along the beach - it has been obscured, the waves now meeting the rocks on either side of her beach. While she knew this little stretch of sand well she’d never been here for a storm surge, and she knew they could push the waves up far higher than usual. She decided to stay where she was and monitor the situation before she went climbing out over the band of boulders that separated her from the next strip of beach that would take her home - nor entertaining thoughts of climbing up the cliff that rose directly behind her, which would bring her into the hillsides. She could certainly do so, being surefooted and confident while on most coastal terrains. But with the fog and the rain creating such low visibility, there was no need to take any unnecessary risks. She wasn’t yet in danger. 

((I’m picturing Yuna on that tiny bit of beach you can see when scrolled to the top of the cove’s background image, just above your avatar ;) ))

May 10, 2017 05:45 AM

[ ignore ]
Tidus is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Tidus Nami Loveboxer

Tidus had been standing on a nearby rock before he had been knocked out by a wave that sent him tumbling up the beach before he was bolting away to sit beside Yuna. He had never seen the ocean like this, except that night he kinda almost died.

W-Why is the water trying to actively murder me?!” He yipped, shivering as he watched the hungry waves crash against the beach. Hungry for a piece of Tidus booty

May 10, 2017 08:33 AM — Post #1

[ permalink ]   [ ignore ]

Scarce

Name Player
Yuna Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
helper

Yuna smothered a laugh and reached out to nuzzle his wet shoulder. “Sunshine, you don’t swim in water like this.” She pointed out gently. Then she prodded him lightly with her muzzle. “Even I don’t swim in weather like this.” She admitted, then sighed softly. “I think winter here is going to be colder than it ever was back on the islands… I’m going to miss being able to swim properly.”

May 10, 2017 08:36 AM — Post #2

Name Player
Tidus Nami Loveboxer

Tidus looked at Yuna like he had seen a ghost

I was just watching you, not trying to swim”  He suddenly had a brilliant idea. He marched to the water, puffing up to glare at the waves

HEY, SEA GOD! YOU ARE AN ASSHOLE

He promptly got smashed by a wave, and hightailed it back up the beach to Yuna, tail tucked between his legs.

I think I just made it worse

May 10, 2017 08:41 AM — Post #3

Scarce

Name Player
Yuna Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
helper

She only felt like laughing because she was certain that he wasn’t hurt - nobody who ran that fast was injured. And she was pleased to see he was more confident approaching the water, just… not right in the middle of a storm surge, okay Tidus?

“No swearing at the ocean.” She chided lightly. “Listen, My Sunshine. I know the way I act sometimes, like the ocean is… well, a friend, or a protector of mine. Before you, when I didn’t have anybody, I had the ocean, and that’s how I feel about it… but it’s not all fun and games. You have to respect the ocean and its ways.” She cautioned him.

May 10, 2017 08:45 AM — Post #4

Name Player
Tidus Nami Loveboxer

Tidus pouted

The ocean likes you more than it likes me. It wants to make me into Tidus kibble” ” He murmured, watching the waves surge up the beach

‘s stupid” He huffed.

Ocean ain’t gettin none o my booty

May 10, 2017 08:49 AM — Post #5

Scarce

Name Player
Yuna Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
helper

She poked a paw at his ribcage. “And no calling the ocean stupid!” He was going to get a real dunking next time he went near the water. “I mean it. Look at it now - all you see is the danger of waves that high, and the resentment of getting bowled over. Twice.” She was unable to resist putting that in there. “But it’s still magnificent, too. Look at the way the waves curl over themselves, the way the sand shifts when they hit the shore.” She wished she could show him the ocean the way she saw it, through her eyes. Even on a cloudy, rainy day like today. She shivered a touch in the drizzle, and pressed closer to Tidus’s side. He always felt warmer than she did, even when his fur was wet.

May 10, 2017 08:59 AM — Post #6

Name Player
Tidus Nami Loveboxer

All I see is my pretty mate and water that wants me dead” He curled into Yuna, sticking his tongue out at the water. He felt his ears pin, tail swishing. He shuffled his hips, plopping his head onto Yuna’s

As long as you are happy, I’m happy

May 10, 2017 09:01 AM — Post #7

Scarce

Name Player
Yuna Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
helper

Oh well. Maybe one day he’d see it. He hadn’t been raised around the ocean like she had. She was just lucky the stars had brought him to the islands in the first place. She leaned into him willingly, though. “Mmm. I’m happy you’re warm, it’s a bit chilly out here today. I’m not preeeetty though.” She whined a bit in embarrassment, ducking her head and trying to change the subject.

“We might be stuck here for a while - until low tide. I don’t want you climbing over those rocks or up the cliff while it’s wet.” He was sure to trip. Probably break something. Though if the beach became unsafe the rocks that led the way back home would be safer than climbing all the way up the cliff, even though it had a slope and wasn’t a sheer drop or anything. It would be better though to seek the shelter they knew best, the Tribe’s caverns.

May 10, 2017 09:07 AM — Post #8

Name Player
Tidus Nami Loveboxer

Wait, I was wrong. You aren’t just pretty. You are beeeeeaaaauuutttiiiifffuuuullll” Tidus drew the word out into a coo. Before nodding at her words.

Imma master rock hopper” Ignoring the last time he tried and had fallen directly into the ocean and into the path of a very startled Parrotfish.

He was sure he still had bite scars from the fish.

May 10, 2017 09:10 AM — Post #9

Scarce

Name Player
Yuna Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
helper

She burrowed her head into his neck fur. His wet neck fur. Which she darted a tongue out and began to groom. “Stoooooop.” She protested, but there was a smile somewhere behind the words. “You know, maybe I was wrong about my eyes… because a nice girl I met on the beach, Cass, she said they were pretty. And Nomad said so too, and even Kamaal who.. I don’t think gives out compliments very much, she sort of said she liked them too.”

She laughed softly, tactfully not bringing up the very incident he was thinking about at that moment. “Of course you are.” She agreed adoringly. “But we should still stay here unless the waves get too close to us. I can think of worse things than being stuck on a beach with you a few hours.” It would have sounded flirty from most wolves, but that was not Yuna’s area of expertise.

May 10, 2017 09:19 AM — Post #10

Name Player
Tidus Nami Loveboxer

Tidus grinned

Ohhoho. Risqué. Not what I was expecting from yoooou~” He hummed, tail thumping madly. He knew winter was approaching. Yeah that was something they needed to talk about. Did they want pups this year?

Tidus’s answer was a scream of yes while doing backflips down the beach but he kept that to himself

May 10, 2017 09:25 AM — Post #11

Scarce

Name Player
Yuna Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
helper

Yuna let out a little squeal and pushed her face back into his neck again. Now she’d been licking him he wasn’t quite as wet-furred as before. “I didn’t mean it like that!” She tried not to laugh, then pulled back to look at him more earnestly. “But, don’t you think this would be a good place - for winter, I mean, when it needs to be just us? It’s close enough to the Tribe to be safe, but we need our privacy as well…” She trailed off then blinked at him, putting her head on one side. “You still want pups this year right, now we’re settled and have a home to call our own?”

One of the benefits of being a healer was being exposed to pretty much all facets of life and so having a discussion about the safest place to get jggy with it didn’t really phase Yuna all that much.

May 10, 2017 09:32 AM — Post #12

Name Player
Tidus Nami Loveboxer

Tidus bobbed his head wildly, smiling like mad

Yesyesyesyes” His butt wagged madly, ears perked forwards. He was jumping around internally, shrieking like mad in his mind

May 10, 2017 10:35 AM — Post #13

Scarce

Name Player
Yuna Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
helper

Her teeth flashed in a grin, before she flipped a little bit of rainwater from her face. 

“And which part is the yes in reply to?”

She knew already.

May 10, 2017 10:46 AM — Post #14

Name Player
Tidus Nami Loveboxer

Tidus rolled onto his back with a whine

Yuuuuunnnnaaaa pupppppiiiiiieeeessss” He whined, tail swirling around behind him, wiggling his shoulders to try and get closer to Yuna

May 10, 2017 10:53 AM — Post #15

Showing page 1 of 3.

Please log in or register to reply to this thread.