Roleplay Forums | Map

Two Possible Bugs (Or it might just be me lol D:)

Name Player
Atlas Stormborn Jade
Achievements (?)
1year 6mos 100ooc 100posts 250posts 500posts anniversary1 betatester helper lonelythreads ny2015 profile welcomeguide

1) Recently the drop-down menus at the top of the layout have stopped working for me. I hover over them with my cursor, and nothing happens. I can click on them, but they only take me to their respective links (the character list, the main wiki page, the OOC forum). It’s been like this for several days. So to get to any of the basic lore-related pages, I have to take the long way by going to the Wiki and finding what I need. xD

2) Thunder Creek’s background has disappeared for me a few days ago and hasn’t loaded since.

Both of these “bugs” might be COMPLETELY just me. Because I have a really shoddy connection at home. I wanted to ask, though, because if I try clearing my cache to see if that fixes things, it will take a really long time for me to reload images here on Horizon and on my own RP sites. :c My internet is that bad. Lol. So basically I wanted to poke my head in here and see if there’s anything else that might be up before I resort to that.

I’m on Chrome and accessing the site via my laptop, just fyi. Also, the drop-down thing, specifically, happens no matter what account I’m logged in on. If that matters.

May 23, 2017 12:09 PM

[ ignore ]
Beauregard is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Beauregard Drew

The menus are working for me, as is Thunder Creek. But Thunder Creek did load white for a good second or two before going to the background. So if it took me a few seconds on excellent internet, I’m guessing it’s timing out for you.

I’d love to hear if other folks are having this problem, though, because if it’s widespread, I can try to see if I can get Chels on it!

May 23, 2017 12:19 PM — Post #1

[ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
Cypress is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Cypress Gardens CZ

As far as additional input goes, I am not having any issues with the dropdowns on desktop, and the Thunder Creek background loads after a flicker of white that I only noticed after comparing to other sub-areas to check if that was enough to be considered a “delay”.

Sorry it’s bugging out on you Jade!

May 23, 2017 12:35 PM — Post #2

Name Player
Atlas Stormborn Jade
Achievements (?)
1year 6mos 100ooc 100posts 250posts 500posts anniversary1 betatester helper lonelythreads ny2015 profile welcomeguide

Thanks for letting me know, y’all! Since it appears to be just me, I will weepily clear my cache later after I’m done catching up on posts and begin the process of reloading everything. xD Hopefully that’ll fix it~!

May 23, 2017 01:04 PM — Post #3

Name Player
Atlas Stormborn Jade
Achievements (?)

Even after clearing my cache, the drop-downs still aren’t working for me. ;w; Guess I’ll try restarting my laptop next. That’s been known to magically solve problems, so maybe??

I also checked to make sure Chrome is up to date, and it is.

On the bright side, I tried loading Thunder Creek first, and it’s actually loading now, slowly but surely. :D Before it wouldn’t even attempt and would go straight to white.

May 23, 2017 01:34 PM — Post #4

Name Player
Randy Citrus
Achievements (?)
None yet!

The dropdowns don’t work on my laptop either but I haven’t updated anything in like a year. They work fine on my desktop though.

May 23, 2017 03:31 PM — Post #5

Name Player
Kaete Mekani
Achievements (?)
2mos profile

The dropdowns have never worked for me. I don’t even know what they’re supposed to look like, I always figured it was broken for everyone or they only work on some browsers (am also using Chrome)
Just tried Internet Explorer *shudder* and they show up on there. Huh, so that’s what they look like.

Backgrounds are working for me right now, but there were times in the past when the old Emerald Labyrinth background didn’t load for me but it did for other people, so I don’t know.

May 23, 2017 07:50 PM — Post #6

Name Player
Atlas Stormborn Jade
Achievements (?)

The background thing was proven to just be me, and it’s all good now after cache-clearing. xD

But dude, wonder what the deal is with some computers and the drop-down menus. :o They’ve always worked fine for me up until recently, and I have no idea what could cause them to just. Suddenly not work anymore. Coding-wise, anyway. So strange.

May 23, 2017 10:27 PM — Post #7

Showing page 1 of 1.

Please log in or register to reply to this thread.