Roleplay Forums | Map

Botherly love
[continuation, summons] Hidden Cove, nearing the caverns | Full Autumn | Midday | A few clouds, breezey | With Saski, summoning Tidus

Name Player
Sunfall Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
helper

The competition had picked up quickly despise Sunfall’s initial relaxed air, his intentions to have a leisurely lope down the beach to the cove. And Saski had well and truly kicked his fluffy golden butt. His girl was fast. He longed to see her in action running down a deer. She’d be outstanding. 

And if she kept calling him ‘hotshot’ he was pretty much going to swoon sooner or later.

“Okay okay!” He puffed, coming to a halt on the beach in front of the caverns, tail high and waving. “You. Are. FAST. And you officially win!” He exclaimed, sniffing the air as the scent of fresh water hit him. He followed his nose to a trickle coming down from the higher clifftops on this part of the beach. “Hey, convenient!” He grinned, and lapped up several mouthfuls noisily. Water splashed all over his muzzle and face and eventually he just stuck his head underneath the trickle, laughing. “Okay, that’s better. Remind me not to challenge you to a race again.” He chuckled, shaking drops from his head. This was the life. Half-sunny, windy day, beautiful girl at his side, beach as far as the eye could see.

Time to see if the family were in. Sunfall parted his jaws and let out a howl for his brother.

May 29, 2017 05:15 AM

[ ignore ]
Tidus is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Tidus Nami Loveboxer

Tidus had been….recovering. Albeit slow as fuckin Father Time, but recovering. He had a nice new scar to add to his collection at least.

It was a painful limp out of the Cove towards the howl, considering his paws were still banged up pretty nicely too. The golden male let out a whuff, head hanging low

Hey hey bro bro!” He called as his brother came into sight. Huh. He had a girl with him. And here Tidus was looking like he got caught in a windstorm, with marigold paste spread across one shoulder

If Yuna could be compared to a windstorm, which she could.

His girl was scary sometimes

May 29, 2017 10:32 AM — Post #1

[ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
Name Player
Saski Isskera Lei
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Abruptly, at the sound of his call, Saski’s ears swiveled to catch the words that were escaping past his lips. Stop? She was suppose to stop? But she was having so much fun! Saski grumbled to herself as she stuck out her two front paws into the sand and watched her body come to an abrupt stop. Sand spewed everywhere, making momentarily a sand rainbow as the earth made contact with her own paws. She snapped her head in his direction, her eyes longing for that feeling of freedom once more. “Are…we…here?” Her voice came in long pants as she hadn’t realized just how tired she actually was.

It was as if just the mere action of speaking had caused all her adrenaline to drop and gave room for her exhaustion to kick in. Her tongue lolled out of her mouth, past her teeth in a wide smile as she laughed. She won! Yes! Take that golden boy, she thought to herself cheerfully. Her tail wagged behind her as two to three pants were heard as she tried to somehow catch her breath. Her emerald stare quickly followed his when the sight of fresh water grabbed Sunfall’s attention. Ooo yes.

She felt parched. Her tongue seemingly dry after their race. Carefully and slowly, she made her way towards him. Slow, not out of fear, but exhaustion. She had never ran that much in years. And boy did it feel good, but the aftermath? The way she could feel her limbs and lungs scream at her for doing that much sprinting, she wondered if it was worth it.

Saski quietly came up beside Sunfall and once he was done, took her fill of the water. Her tongue attempting to lap up any of the falling water that she could. Once she was done, she shot him a small smile before quickly stealing a kiss against his cheek. “Hey, it’s ok. You definitely tried. Gold star for trying!”

Though her happy go lucky personality quickly fell as out came another golden wolf. Her emerald stare widened as she moved her attention to whom she assumed was Tidus and then back to Sunfall. They did look awfully alike. Scary alike. Wow.

It took her a few moments to process the similarities between them, to make sure she wasn’t just imagining another look a like of Sunfall. But once she heard his voice, she knew everything was real. She didn’t feel scared in that moment. No, in fact, there wasn’t any fear at all that seemed to creep up into her mind. Perhaps it was because Sunfall was here, or maybe even because this was his brother. She wasn’t completely sure, but the idea that nothing bad could happen to her when Sunfall was here reassured her. And so she attempted to come out of her shell, her body sticking close to Sunfall’s as she gave a soft hello. Her voice was still timid, still hesitant as she spoke. Not out of fear, but out of respect.

For so long she was use to giving males what they wanted. Telling them what they wanted to hear. And though she knew nothing terrible was going to happen to her, the same habits stuck with her, even two years later. She didn’t want to speak out of turn, out of place, and so Saski stayed quiet, just till Sunfall gave her the go ahead—that it was okay to speak freely.

((CRAPPY BEFORE COFFEE MORNING POST<3))

May 29, 2017 10:54 AM — Post #2

Name Player
Sunfall Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
helper

((Have a crappy before-work post you two! :P))

Sunfall had to laugh at Saski’s joke, a happy whine building in his throat when she kissed his cheek. Man, he was never going to get enough of that. “Gold star, HA, I see what you did there!” He snorted, shaking his head, still wet. He pawed at the stream of water, grinning, tail waving. “How cool is this? I always wondered if they had some trick here at the tribe, like, how could you live here when all the water’s salty? But here it is. Answers for everything!” He teasingly splashed at Saski, pushing his paw more strongly into the water to direct a stream of it her way…

Oh. Tidus. Whoops!

“Hey hey hey big bro!” He woofed back, pulling his paw back, his tail starting a wide sweep behind him. He noticed he was limping but wasn’t at the right angle to spot the shoulder slice yet or realize how bad it was. He did not he looked ruffled, but that was pretty normal, for Tidus. They were related, after all, and even though Tidus was clearly the more accident prone one Sunfall did have his moments too… 

“Got somebody t’meet ya!” He beamed all over his face, his grin growing a bit softer, his eyes a bit warmer. He found she had tucked herself up along his side, his golden fur meshing with hers in that way he loved. He briefly nuzzled the top of her head, inhaling her sweet scent just for a second. She had a salty tinge from the beach. “Saski, this is the only decent family member I got, say hi to my big brother Tidus. Don’t worry, I got the looks and he got the brains.” He joked, shooing a wink at his brother so he’d know he was just joking to put Saski at ease. “Tidus, this beautiful girl has been keeping me company for reasons I’ll never fully understand - meet Saski.”

Clearly bursting with pride. 

May 29, 2017 03:37 PM — Post #3

Name Player
Tidus Nami Loveboxer

Tidus would have teased Sunfall, but honestly he was too tired.

A soft smile was what he offered instead, dipping his head.

Nice to meet you Saski. This dundernut has already told you my name, but the full one is Tidus Nami. Sorry I’m looking a bit like a wreck. Got a concussion looking for my mate.

May 29, 2017 09:14 PM — Post #4

Name Player
Saski Isskera Lei
Achievements (?)
None yet!

She shot him a smile, accompanied by a short laugh at his realization towards her pun. Hey it was a good one! And she was glad he had caught it. Her tail wagged behind her at the sight of his smile. Boy did she love that. Though, really she loved everything about him, but most of all his smile. It always seemed to warm her heart, no matter what.

Her ears perked forward when he pawed at the trickling stream of water and her head fell to one side. Studying it like it was something of a mystery. And in her time of observation, she hadn’t even noticed his paw moving to splash her.

In a heart beat, as she felt the cool water touch her fur in a heavy stream she yelped in surprise and took a step backwards. How could he! Immediately she moved to spray him back. Swipe her paw against the stream of falling water and give him some well due pay back. But as her jaws parted and her paws moved forward, Tidus had entered.

Her smile had fallen from her face and her body grew rigid. She stuck beside Sunfall, just in case—though not like she expected this introduction to turn sour, it was more just out of habit.

Sunfall looked really happy. That was the first thing Saski had noticed, just by the way he held himself, the tone of his voice, and the smile across his muzzle. It made her feel happy. And perhaps because of this, she let go of her tension. Her body became more relaxed as her attention shifted towards his brother, who she quickly noticed looked like a spitting image of him. Wow. She just couldn’t get over it.

Her ears lowered just a bit, not nearly falling flat against her skull, but somewhere in between as her gaze fell to the sand. No eye contact. She was comfortable with Sunfall, but Tidus was new. And though she wasn’t afraid necessarily of him, still the eye contact thing was just not working for her—at least not yet. It showed dominance, and no sir-ee, she did not want to act like she was challenging him or anything. Especially after pretty much involving herself in his brother’s life. What if he hated her? Didn’t approve of her? Her voice was soft, timid as she spoke, “H-Hi..”

She listened to his words. He seemed friendly. And so slowly she brought up her gaze, no completely but just enough to glance quickly up at him to see the smile across his lips. Okay, that was a good sign! Calm down, Saski, she told herself. “I’m Saski…Saski Isskera. It’s—It’s a pleasure…to meet you.” Though when he brought up the fact that he got a concussion, her worried instincts broke through. Her emerald stare immediately went to scan him. To search his body. Was it not safe out here? Why was he hurt? Did Sunfall know about this?

She turned her eyes to Sunfall, as if questioning if he knew about this all along. What if this whole vacation was a set up? What if the wolves who had “hurt” Tidus were out for her? She knew that sounded silly, but not even she couldn’t shut off her frazzled mind. “Oh no… what.. uh, happened…If you don’t mind me asking…” Her head fell to one side as her eyes glowed with concern; masking her own fear of being attacked, “Are you okay?”

May 29, 2017 09:49 PM — Post #5

Name Player
Sunfall Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
helper

As Saski dipped her head, not nudging form his side (just fine by Sunfall) he rested his chin on the top of her neck and mouthed to his brother “shy” without bothering to make a motion to Saski so he could figure out who he was talking about. Nobody in the history of ever had referred to Sunfall as ‘shy’.

Saski was doing so well. He knew she was nervous and it was probably freaking her out to look at a wolf that resembled him so closely, even if he had warned her. He’d had that reaction too himself, the first time he met Tidus. He pushed his muzzle forwards, skimming the side of her cheek, a subtle sort of nuzzle to let her know he was proud of her. One that hopefully Tidus wouldn’t find too blatant to comment on.

“Nami? You have a last name now?” He was a bit confused because that certainly wasn’t anything he recognized. Not that Tidus had told him the past few times they’d spoken. But then the reality set in, both Tidus and Saski’s words, and his eyes widened. “Concussion? Oh man, sorry bro, I just figured you fell off a rock or a wave hit you or one of those ten thousand clumsy moments you can lay claim to!” He felt awful. He tried a faltering sort of grin to cover for it. “Good thing you’re so thick-headed, er, tough right?” Not his best joke and if Tidus was feeling better he’d probably get an ear swat, but his concern was real. “Yeah, what happened?” He echoed Saski. “And Yuna, she okay? Where’d she go?” Those two practically finished one another’s sentences, where had Yjuna gotten herself Tidus had to go ‘look’ for her?!

May 30, 2017 07:48 AM — Post #6

Name Player
Tidus Nami Loveboxer

Tidus nodded, smiling

Tidus and Yuna Nami. It means Waves. Like, a long distance connection to the ocean. We wanted to pass on some name to our pups. But I don’t wanna give them dad’s surname” He turned to the side to show his shoulder before speaking again.

Nothing attacked me. Unless you count the ocean. It was during a storm surge. I jumped into the water looking for Yuna, got smashed into a rock. Yuna was looking for herbs, got caught in a mudslide. Someone helped her out. Someone from the Evergreens I think. Memory’s still a little fuzzy

May 30, 2017 09:30 AM — Post #7

Name Player
Saski Isskera Lei
Achievements (?)
None yet!

She could feel his touch against her body, his warm embrace, an attempt to reassure her she presumed. And so she took it. Every single part of it. She gave a small smile towards him, even if he couldn’t see it, and slightly moved her head into him—gently of course, just so that he knew that she appreciated it. Appreciated him. And everything he had done for her.

She felt bad. For still acting so scared. So timid around new people. But she was trying. She really was.

Her ears flicked and pivoting to the sound of Sunfall’s voice so close to her, a tone of surprise following in suit. Did he not know his brother had a last name? That was weird? She thought he and his brother were…somewhat close. Her eyes glimmered with a bit of confusion, but Saski did not dare say a word. It wasn’t her place to ask about things that didn’t concern her. The last name thing was between Sunfall and Tidus themselves. But of course, Saski’s mind was filled with questions. And she had to strongly hold her tongue not to ask so many of them. They could be sometimes overwhelming, and sometimes a bit too invasive. And she really didn’t want either of them feeling uncomfortable.

Yuna? That was his mate, right? Saski racked her mind for any information that she had on the female. Any and everything. She could remember faintly Sunfall speaking to her about it. Where was Yuna? Was she alright?

Waves. That sounded amazing. The way it slipped off her tongue. Nami. Her tail began to wag slowly, one and then two swift little sways back and forth at the sound of the name. She loved it. But most of all, she loved that Tidus and Yuna had picked it. They weren’t forced to keep their last name like so many others were. That felt like freedom to Saski, and boy was she intrigued now.

She had noticed the mention of their father. Saski wondered what his name was, why they didn’t want to keep his name and though she had so many questions, she still refused to ask. Sunfall still hadn’t really told her his past. Where he came from before he came to this valley. And she really wasn’t going to push him on it, he was being super understanding about waiting till she was ready to talk about her history, that she was obligated to do the same—even if her curiosity was crying out to know. She really did want to know everything about Sunfall, she wanted to hear his stories, his life, and everything that seemed to happen to him. Though Saski knew now wasn’t the right time and so she placed her thoughts in a little folder in her mind: For Later.

Saski’s eyes immediately fell to the shoulder that Tidus had shown. Was that herbs on it? Why did he jump into the water? Why would he think Yuna was there? Boy, she had a lot of questions. “Are…Are you both…relatively okay? Now that is.” Her head fell to one side, still her eyes shining with worry and concern. She hated seeing others hurt. It just never sat right with Saski. It was as if seeing them gave her a blast to the past that she never wanted to relive again.

May 30, 2017 12:05 PM — Post #8

Name Player
Sunfall Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
helper

Sunfall immediately felt even worse. His brother had been in trouble, and Yuna had been in trouble - probably worse because Tidus spent half his life in trouble and was used to digging his way out, right? “She got caught in a mudslide? Near the evergreens?” He fretted, brows drawing close together. “She’s gotta be more careful, the forests are dangerous during the floods. Tell her to come herb hunting in the Labyrinth, Marce and Adrian both like her and would be happy to help, or Saski and me can keep an eye on her.” He offered. Couldn’t have his brother’s girl getting in strife. He didn’t think about using the words ‘Saski and me’ either, they just sort of popped out. A shift had undertaken in his thoughts. Not just planning for one wolf anymore.

Saski’s head shifted slightly, her cheek warm against his shoulder fur. Reassuring him, even though he had started out trying to do the opposite. “Nami, huh? Well, sure as heck suits you two.” He approved, pleased to carry on the topic of last names. He grinned a bit at Saski. “Never seen two wolves so beachmad as Tidus and Yuna… well she is so beachmad I think it sorta rubbed off on my big bro, right surfer boy?” He winked at his sibling. “Oh yeah, there’s gonna be little Tiduses and Yunas running around here come spring.” He explained for Saski’s benefit. That likely wouldn’t surprise her. Surely she’d figured out pretty quickly Tidus was the stable one of the family.

“Anyway. It’s a way better name than… er… whatever Daddy dear used to go by.” Sunfall had never even used the surname when he was actually in his birth pack. And he certainly didn’t want the association once he left home as a yearling. He glanced as Saski and murmured softly to her. “I’ll explain later.”

May 30, 2017 04:03 PM — Post #9

Name Player
Tidus Nami Loveboxer

Tidus dipped his head

Yuna was tired. I probably got the brunt of injuries. Again ” Tidus lived his life in a state of clumsy accidents. That was the way it had always been.

I’m not beachmad dude. I’m pretty sure the water wants to kill me. I stay here because Yuna likes it here” His extremely pretty mate who floored him each time he saw her. You could practically see the lovestruck idiot grin spread across his face, before he was focusing on Sunfall again.

We’ve decided on some names too. For the puppies

May 30, 2017 04:14 PM — Post #10

Name Player
Saski Isskera Lei
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Floods. Immediately Saski was thrown back to her encounter with Klass, in the middle of nowhere, in that terrible storm. She knew first hand how dangerous they were, and though she hadn’t meant to get caught up in the storm nor the floods, she had. Saski wondered for a split second if Yuna was the same as her? Why was she out when the land was dangerous. Mudslides seemed to be common after a storm, shouldn’t she have known that? Did she go out for some other reason? Saski wanted to ask, she really did, but even she knew better.

Her ears though perked suddenly at the mention of her and Sunfall. What?! Her previous thoughts had quickly disappeared and now she was just thinking about them. He wanted her to tag along? Her tail gave a short wag, subtle and inconspicuous as she stared up at him, smiling. Of course she would help out—any way that she could.

So much for being a lone wolf, huh, Sunfall, she thought to herself with amusement.

Her eyes continued to rest on his bi-colored ones as he spoke, the conversation seemingly directed towards her. Beachmad huh? And surfer boy? Saski almost wanted to laugh at the cute little nickname he had for his brother, but once again, she held her tongue. It probably would have been a tad inappropriate and she wasn’t that comfortable yet.

Puppies?! There was so much information flying towards Saski that she was actually afraid she’d miss it all. Puppies! She’d never really got to see puppies before, more just like, heard of them. When they happened back home, she was kept away from them. But she could smell them! She knew that puppy scent and boy this was exciting. Her tail did wag then as her voice broke out with a smile, “Congratulations, Tidus! That’s amazing.” It was confident this time. Her tone that is. Most likely because her mind was on the subject of puppies rather than strangers.

She did find herself becoming more and more curious of where Sunfall really came from. His past and his story. She wanted to know just as much how Tidus and him were linked. Where Tidus had gone and how he ended up here. Maybe one day she would get the answers, but there was no way she was going to push Sunfall for them. She gave a small discreet nod and smiled, she would have done more—but again, another wolf was around.

Saski had never seen love. In fact this was the first time she had ever experienced it—if that’s what this was. But looking at Tidus, it nearly felt real. That love. Trust. Feelings. Everything was possible. Her tail swayed behind her in excitement, not just for him but the fact that she saw hope in her future. If Tidus and Yuna could do it, it made it real and maybe, just maybe, she could have that too. “What are their names?!” Her voice broke past her thoughts, too quick for her to take them back. But god was she curious. Sometimes she just couldn’t control the questions.

May 30, 2017 10:43 PM — Post #11

Name Player
Yuna Nami Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
helper

Yuna approached from the direction of the hills, climbing nearly down the rocky cliff with a mouthful of herbs. The scent of them wrapped around her pleasantly, a mixture of lavender, marigold and coltsfoot in her jaws. Upon seeing not one but two golden figures, with a smaller unfamiliar timber-coloured wolf, she trotted over to join them.

“Did I hear my name?” She padded up to the small group, set the herbs down and flashed her usual shy smile, glancing at Saski only for a moment, with a look that was friendly but curious. She half-leaned on Tidus, licking at his throat in greeting. “Hi, my Sunshine.” She murmured happily, pleased to see him standing up and looking so strong. Tidus had amazing powers of recovery. She didn’t know any wolf who healed faster. Probably a good thing, considering how often he got hurt, but as long as she was around to patch him up. There was no missing he devotion in the look she directed at her mate. At length her gaze flicked back to Sunfall and the girl she didn’t know. “It’s nice to see you again Sunfall. Hi, I’m Yuna Nami.”

The last part was directed at Saski. Hopefully since she was already used to Sunfall, her odd eyes wouldn’t scare the girl, but she was careful not to keep eye contact with her for too long just in case.

May 31, 2017 04:08 AM — Post #12

Name Player
Sunfall Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
helper

Sunfall was so caught up in returning Saski’s grin, gazing down at her with an obviously adoring look of his own that he only noticed Yuna once she was close, and mostly by her scent. Sunfall always found the scent of herbs a bit strong, but he knew some wolves liked it, so he refrained from making a joke and grinned instead at his brother’s girl, shoulders staying relaxed and tail swaying gently so Saski would know the wolf coming to them was a friend.

“You sure did Yuna, my man Tidus pretty much doesn’t say many sentences that don’t feature your name when you’re not around.” He grinned, knowing Yuna was pretty used to his sense of humour. “Anyway, this is… hmm, don’t know if we’ve put an official label on it yet, but if Saski you got no objections I’m gunna go ahead and say, Yuna, meet my girlfriend, Saski.” He peeked a half cheeky, half hopeful look down at Saski just to check she was okay with being called that. Before his gaze flipped back up to Yuna.

“Tidus was just telling us you guys have picked some puppy names! Go on big bro, we wanna hear them!” He encouraged, dropping into a sit in the sand and gently nosing Saski’s shoulder to let her know she could do the same.

May 31, 2017 04:30 AM — Post #13

Name Player
Tidus Nami Loveboxer

If wolves could blush, Tidus would have been maroon at this point.

Well…um..I’ll say the boy names I chose. Yuna chose the girl’s names. I chose Arashi, Tsuyoi, and Hayai. Storm, strong, and fast respectively” The golden wolf sat back on his haunches, dipping his head sheepishly.

May 31, 2017 07:53 AM — Post #14

Name Player
Saski Isskera Lei
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Saski hadn’t been expecting another wolf to stroll on by and she sure as hell wasn’t expecting it to be Yuna either. Though by the immediate scent of herbs that followed in her wake, and the sight of a paler looking wolf bounding towards Tidus; Saski connected the dots.

It had to be her.

At first, she wasn’t really sure how to react. She wasn’t scared nor frightened, not by Sunfall’s side at least, but the multiple wolves coming up towards her; that was something she wasn’t quite used to, not yet. She knew these wolves meant a lot to Sunfall, and well, she needed to act okay—normal. For him at least. She couldn’t show that she was uncomfortable, that she was beginning to feel cornered, and that she wanted to run. She needed to try harder to stop worrying and to be normal in front of Sunfall’s family. And so she took a shallow breath and gave a sweet smile in Yuna’s direction.

Her emerald stare watched hers as she moved to greet her mate. Saski’s head without a single thought, tilted slightly to the right as she practically saw the love coming off from the two of them. Did she have that with Sunfall? Was that all real?

She could feel Sunfall’s tail right behind her and so she tried to relax. Relax her body and relax her expression. Happy thoughts, she told herself. As her jaws were just about to part, to introduce herself officially with words, they immediately shut at the sound of Sunfall’s voice.

What?

Girlfriend?

Is that what she was now? Saski could feel her heart hammer against her ribs as the blood rushed through her veins. Did that mean she wasn’t just a one time fling that Sunfall seemed to be used to? He wanted more? Without even a single thought, a smile curled at her lips as she gave a small nod. She moved her head into his body and gave a small nuzzle, but god did she want to do more. It was that pull again, the one that was filled with a hundred different emotions that she wasn’t used to. She didn’t want to leave his side and boy did she want Yuna and Tidus to just disappear in that moment. But she held fast, holding her tongue and her actions until a more appropriate time to let loose.

She watched as Sunfall got comfortable, sitting against the soft bed of sand. How long were they going to talk here? She wanted to whine, she could feel it trying to creep right out of her mouth, but no sound came out. She instead followed in suit of Sunfall and sat down perfectly next to him; her emerald stare casually stealing glances in his direction. She needed to control her body, her hormones and focus on the others; not him.

And so with that, she averted her green-eyed stare towards Tidus and Yuna as they spoke about puppies. Her tail wagged behind her with excitement, “I love those names Tidus, they sound wonderful.”

May 31, 2017 10:01 AM — Post #15

Showing page 1 of 2.

Please log in or register to reply to this thread.