Roleplay Forums | Map

Arriving
Late morning | Relatively cool temperatures

Name Player
Makki Zesty
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Makki knew something was wrong, he could tell. His paws were heavy, his mouth was dry, and his stomach felt as if it had grown claws and was trying to claw itself out of his body. Everything hurt, and his mind felt dizzy. A whine left his maw. Maybe it was because he hadn’t eaten in many days, or because he hadn’t found a source of water to drink in many days, or maybe it was because he hadn’t rested in a long, long time. He wanted food, and water, but he didn’t want to sleep, however.

Sleep felt wrong, sleep brought nightmares and sent Makki reeling. He cowered in front of the dreamscape he often entered as he was resting his eyes. He just… drifted off. And awoke to his own screams. So, because of fatigue, he couldn’t hunt. Maybe it was because he was young, maybe it was because he wasn’t taught a lot. Or maybe it was just tiredness.

His rescue seemed to come in the form of a big rock, with what seemed to be a soft sandy area close to the base. Makki curled up, feeling wretched and sore all over. A sob escaped his mouth. Was this the end? Will he never see his family again? He felt his consciousness start to drift off, maybe into sleep, but perhaps into something more deadly. Makki could only struggle as he begun to fade…

Jun 20, 2017 07:08 PM

[ ignore ]
[ Edited: Jun 21, 2017 08:52 PM by Makki ]
Ryd is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Ryd Hal

(Heya! I’ve sent a PM your way regarding general settings around this time of year!)

Hot it was not, but a foray into the desert was always pretty tiring, especially if it took too damn long to find anyone. She had to get back to patrolling borders for a few days at home after this.

Ryd sent out a howl, plodding boredly through the sands with no direction in mind other than “not west yet.”

Come on, sands. Spit out some poor, lonely soul.

Jun 21, 2017 01:39 PM — Post #1

[ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
Name Player
Makki Zesty
Achievements (?)
None yet!

[I got it! And I just removed the part where I mentioned the heat, so is it all good now? Sorry about the trouble!]

Makki’s mind was just stepping over the edge of sleep, when his ears picked up a howl. A… howl? There are wolves here? The pale wolf thought, heart beginning to race. Another wolf meant he wouldn’t die, even though meeting another of his kind made him nervous to no ends. After all, he hadn’t met a friendly wolf since he had to run away…

Choking back his thoughts, shuddering helplessly, Makki rose shakily to his legs. He tried to give a howl back, but it sounded more like a very loud whine, or yelp, to him. He hadn’t used his voice in a while either, so that was probably why.

Jun 21, 2017 07:53 PM — Post #2

Name Player
Ryd Hal

(No worries at all <3)

Her ears twitched. That was… definitely the sound of something. A fox, maybe? She could chase a fox for a bit, she supposed.

Or maybe it was a coyote, a bit harder for her to handle, but she sure wouldn’t let it think so. Sparring a coyote could be fun, too. Huh.

It was when she crested a dune that she saw… a white thing, like a weird rock or something, in the distance.

“Uhhhh. Yo! Comin’ your way, white thing!”

Jun 21, 2017 08:57 PM — Post #3

Name Player
Makki Zesty
Achievements (?)
None yet!

(<33)

At the sight (and sound) of a female with a multi-colored pelt, travelling his way, Makki felt a rush of emotions, accompanied by intrusive thoughts, clouding his mind.

Oh, joy! I’m saved!
Is she going to hurt me? Don’t come any closer!
Food, can she give me food? Water? God, I need both.
What if she gets hurt? Are there any bears here? Don’t let there be bears here, please, please.
She seems nice, and friendly. Maybe she can help me!
No, no, no, no, nononono!

Trembling with nerves, Makki didn’t act on any of those emotions, except maybe cower a little bit as the female came closer. He thought to wag his tail, but he was too confused. He decided to take a couple of steps forward, after a moment, to meet his rescue not quite halfway.

Jun 21, 2017 09:05 PM — Post #4

Name Player
Ryd Hal

Well. A few things.

White thing was quite alive after all. She jolted at first as it started to move, and then her tail wagged.

Except it was moving really scaredlike.

Also, it was a wolf. For sure.

Ryd trailed down. “Hey! You ain’t got rabies, do you?”

Jun 21, 2017 09:31 PM — Post #5

Name Player
Makki Zesty
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Rabies? Oh, well he probably looked like absolute shit. But… was she scared of him? Me?

Makki shook his head at the female frantically, “N-no!” His voice rasped, so he grunted quietly to clear his throat. “I just haven’t eaten or drunk water in a while, thats all…” and he was scared because he hadn’t seen a friendly wolf in what seemed like forever…

He wagged his tail weakly anyway, hoping she wouldn’t attack him or anything. He gave his body gave a great shake, hoping to chase away any lingering nerves.

Jun 21, 2017 10:18 PM — Post #6

Name Player
Ryd Hal

No rabies! That was a relief!

“Oh you poor thing!” Ryd fussed, quite happy to mother-hen just such a sad, lost soul. She looked him over for things like bites, but for the most part, he seemed pretty intact. Just, you know. Starving.

“There’s a suuuuper gross water creek south of here, if it’s not frozen up already. Orrrr, I can lead you to the hills, with nice fresh water that definitely isn’t frozen!”

If it sounded like she waa asking him to choose, well, a second later, she rendered is opinion invalid. Unless it was hers.

“Let’s head to the river. What’s your name? I’m Ryd, of the Starfall Cadre.”

Jun 22, 2017 05:28 AM — Post #7

Name Player
Makki Zesty
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Makki froze up as the stranger begun to fuss over him, checking over his pelt, probably for scratches or bites. She seemed to be quite… motherly. Makki couldn’t remember the last time he’d been fussed over. So, he let her, glancing at her anxiously every now and again. His stomach ached, but he ignored it, hoping he wouldn’t get dizzy from starvation.

He tried to push his anxiety down again as the female begun to speak, finished with her checkup. Listening to her talk, quite happily, about the water available, Makki was about to quietly suggest to go to the fresh water, not the creek place, but it seemed she had already made up her mind to go to the river. So, he kept his mouth shut.

She seems nice,

“I’m Makki,” he said, a little shyly. Ryd was a strange, but nice name, he thought. Ryd “Um… whats the Starfall Cadre?”

Jun 23, 2017 12:44 AM — Post #8

[ Edited: Jun 23, 2017 12:48 AM by Makki ]
Name Player
Ryd Hal

“My pack, of course!” she said, pawing at his paw as if to call him silly. “We live by this suuuper pretty lake, and there’s a lovely forest, and even a teensy little island you can get to for super fun hang out times!”

Ryd the real estate agent wolf. She nudged him. He was not the biggest male, and that helped, considering she was pretty fucking tiny.

Don’t tell her that, though.

“First things first, though. Gottta get you through this desert. You can lean on me if you get tired!”

Maybe she just had, like… a thing. For lost yearlings.

Jun 23, 2017 10:52 AM — Post #9

Name Player
Makki Zesty
Achievements (?)
None yet!

“Oh,” does that mean she was with her family? Makki’s throat clenched, wanting his parents and brother back, so much. “That sounds nice.”

He gave Ryd a weak smile as she nudged him, making him stumble a little. That made him aware of how much he had grown since, well, then. He was a lot taller now. It felt strange.

Makki nodded at Ryd, “Yeah… okay.” He most likely wouldn’t, he didn’t feel good about that. But it was nice that she offered.

Jun 23, 2017 11:07 PM — Post #10

Name Player
Ryd Hal

Poor baby stumbled.

“Let’s getcha to some habitable land,” she nodded, angling them roughly northwest from here.

/fade and I’ll make the new thread if he can last about a half day’s journey!

Edit: http://horizon.taiyae.com/home/viewthread/8137/ let me know if it’s all good!

Jun 24, 2017 03:46 PM — Post #11

[ Edited: Jun 24, 2017 04:11 PM by Ryd ]
Name Player
Makki Zesty
Achievements (?)
None yet!

“Okay,” Makki could only do little, he knew the journey was gonna be long, so he didn’t want to pass out anytime soon.

/fade, sounds good! he’ll be shaky, but be able to stand

Jun 24, 2017 08:25 PM — Post #12

Showing page 1 of 1.

Please log in or register to reply to this thread.