Roleplay Forums | Map

Actin’ like a hot shot
[continuation] With Makki | AW | Late Afternoon

Ryd is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Ryd Hal

It took them quite a while. She’d gone relatively slowly for the kid’s sake, since he was all sorts of weak, and it also wasn’t like it was a quick five minute trot even at full health. Even when desert became scrubland became grassland became trees, finally, Ryd was pretty wiped by the time they’d reached the river that bordered the grove. She drank greedily, before looking to him.

“All good?” she asked. If he chose now to faint, well. It’d be convenient timing.

Jun 24, 2017 04:10 PM

[ ignore ]
Name Player
Makki Zesty
Achievements (?)
None yet!

(the threads all good! hes just on his last legs,,)

Makki had barely made the journey, though he didn’t know it. His head was fuzzy, his stomach felt like it was ripping him apart and his throat felt cracked and dry. But, he kept walking, like some mysterious force was keeping him on his feet. He lay down to drink, though, lapping weakly at the edge of the lake.

I can’t fall asleep, I can’t, I can’t, I can’t, I-

Just as those thoughts were clouding his mind, Ryd’s voice drew them to a stop all at once. Makki rose his head weakly, and nodded once. “Hungry…” he said faintly, wincing at the claws that tightened around his stomach. He wanted food, but for some reason, he couldn’t get up.

Jun 24, 2017 08:38 PM — Post #1

[ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
Name Player
Ryd Hal

Hungry.

Ryd nodded, looking to where the river emptied into the lake.

“You just lay there, alright, Sleepy? Ryd’s gonna getcha a nice fat fish.”

Totally. She stepped into the lake with care, picking her way through the water. It would be a waiting game, but it was the easiest option… sort of.

(PS, make sure to go to the first post of your first thread, click “finished” and then click “archive” to collect completed thread SP!)

Jun 24, 2017 10:49 PM — Post #2

Name Player
Makki Zesty
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Makki could only nod after Ryd stopped speaking. His mouth had stopped working, so he dumbly watched the female wade into the water.

For fish? Like a bear? Makki couldn’t understand why any wolf would wanna be like a bear. He didn’t like them. They were bad. And scary. Makki felt like throwing up, but there was nothing he could throw up.

He wanted to sleep, but he can’t, he can’t, bad dreams would come if he slept. He gotta stay awake, he gotta, he gotta, he gotta-

Makki drifted close to unconsciousness…

Jun 26, 2017 06:40 PM — Post #3

Name Player
Ryd Hal

Righto. Off he went to snoozeville and off she went to splashville.

Ryd waded in, and it would be at least a good ten minutes of intense focus and no movement before she was able to get any trout near her, but she was relatively practiced at the art and soon managed a good five pounder flapping wildly in her mouth.

(left it open in case he woke up in that time frame! Sorry for the delay!)

Jun 28, 2017 10:21 AM — Post #4

Name Player
Makki Zesty
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Makki was… somewhere. In between awake-time and sleep-time. It was confusing. No nightmares came, which was good. He didn’t like nightmares, they were scary.

He awoke properly with a shudder, and a painful clench of his stomach. Hungry, he was so hungry. Makki glanced around for Ryd, seeing her catch a fish. She was good at catching fish. Makki wondered if catching fish was stuff he could do. He didn’t get up, he couldn’t. So he waited for her.

[its okay! <33]

Jun 28, 2017 06:07 PM — Post #5

Name Player
Ryd Hal

As she turned, she noticed a bit of shine in his eyes that meant they were open. Cool!

Plopping the flopping fish down by his weary head, she moved to nudge him a bit. “Alright, Sleepy, time to get yourself up and have a good ol’ fish breakfast.”

Maybe she could hunt for more.

Jun 29, 2017 09:37 AM — Post #6

Name Player
Makki Zesty
Achievements (?)
None yet!

The nudge Ryd gave him made him wake up properly, though he still felt tired. No nightmares. Good, it was good. Maybe Makki could sleep peacefully now.

“Thank you,” he managed to say, though his voice was raspy, and bent down to take a bite of the fish. It was good. Really good, good so good. Makki wanted to eat more, faster, but something told him to chew properly. His mama. So, he ate slowly, enjoying every succulent mouthful.

Once he was done, he licked his chops, before realising Ryd might have wanted some. He looked at the remains in dismay, “Uh, sorry if you wanted some…” he would have offered to catch her some more fish, but he didn’t know how.

Jun 29, 2017 06:17 PM — Post #7

Name Player
Ryd Hal

He was eating, the darling boy, but had the nerve to feel bad for not sharing? She attempted to plonk a paw briefly on his head.

“Don’t gotta apologize! Eat your fill. I’ll even getcha sommore.”

And she turned to do…. just that, tail flicking. Poor little kid, all sad and starving. She’d fatten him right up.

Jun 29, 2017 06:36 PM — Post #8

Name Player
Makki Zesty
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Blinking as Ryd tapped him on the head with her paw, he gazed up at her in surprise. A small, but genuine smile appeared on his maw, “Thank you, Ryd,” she was really nice.

Makki watched her go back for some more fish, feeling happy for the first time in what seemed like forever.

Jun 29, 2017 07:01 PM — Post #9

Name Player
Ryd Hal

So, she had to repeat the whole fishing process. Trigger happy and somewhat impatient, Ryd went for just the first thing that floated near her, and it was a smaller fish, though still functional as a decent snack.

She returned, moving to playfully shake out her fur, even though most of it aside from her head and legs wasn’t actually wet. Oh well.

“There you go!” she said, after setting it down again. “So tell me a little ‘bout yourself. Where you’re from and all that.”

She sat, attention rapt.

Jun 30, 2017 08:08 AM — Post #10

Name Player
Makki Zesty
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Makki felt a lot better after the first fish, and he actually felt good for once. Though he was still exhausted, he felt good enough to raise his head to watch Ryd as she caught another, smaller fish.

He took a small bite of the fish that Ryd set down for him, and glanced up at her. “Um, well, I’m from a forest - I think it was called Graywood… but I don’t know much else about it. I had to leave, so, yeah,” Makki didn’t quite know what else to say, about himself anyway, “Are-are you from Graywood too?” He didn’t know many other places.

(sorry for the delay!! been busy ahaha)

Jul 04, 2017 03:56 AM — Post #11

Name Player
Ryd Hal

(No worries!)

Oh boy, Ryd was ready for the grand story. The big reason why he stumbled weak through the desert to fall before her wondrous savior paws.

Uh.

Graywood Forest… and then that was it. She cocked her head in thought and then shook it “no.”

“Nah. From a place way up north. What was it like? Why’d you have to leave?”

Whoops, that sounded rude. “I mean, glad you made it here and all. Just curious, yanno.”

Jul 05, 2017 10:07 PM — Post #12

Name Player
Makki Zesty
Achievements (?)
None yet!

“Oh, okay,” that was okay. Makki didn’t know where “north” was but he didn’t mind.

“It was nice, I think. I don’t really remember much, just a lot of trees.”

However, his throat clenched when Ryd asked, why did he leave? Makki begun to shake.

Memories flooded back in, the bear, the blood, the terror, his parents, gone. Gone, gone, gone.

“Um, u-uh,” Makki couldn’t breathe. He tried to force out words, which he hoped Ryd would understand. He didn’t want her to go, he didn’t want her to think he was weird. It was weird for a wolf to act like this. “I-I, I just had to.” His voice was barely there, but he said something. Something was better than the whole thing. Makki didn’t want to tell it in words.

Makki sniffed wretchedly, and lowered his head.

Jul 05, 2017 11:42 PM — Post #13

Name Player
Ryd Hal

(I suck, totally missed you had answered this ;_;)

Aww man. Not much a story to tell here. He just had to.

“Well, stick around maybe, and don’t ever feel like you have to leave here. And if you do, you tell me who’s making you feel that way so I can bite em.”

She nudged him all friendly like, and gave him a grin, hoping to ease the sniffling some.

Jul 13, 2017 09:34 AM — Post #14

Name Player
Makki Zesty
Achievements (?)
None yet!

(its all good!)

Makki glanced up at Ryd, feeling surprised, but a little better. “Thank you,” he said, in a quiet tone. He really did like it here, maybe he could stay with Ryd. That would be nice. He didn’t want to be on his own anymore.

He still felt bad, but Ryd was good at making him feel better. He gave her a weak smile as she gave him a little bump and a friendly grin.

Jul 14, 2017 08:56 PM — Post #15

Showing page 1 of 2.

Please log in or register to reply to this thread.